Grey's Sneak Peeks: Meredith Tackles a Medical Mystery, Jackson Checks Out [Spoiler]'s Butt

Get More: Video

Grey’s Anatomy this week features fare both heavy and light, as evidenced by this pair of clips from Thursday’s episode.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Our Calendar of More Than 100 Season and Series Finales!

As first reported by TVLine, Scrubs alum Sarah Chalke brought to ABC’s medical drama her own real-life medical drama, in a storyline about a mother whose young son presents with confounding, seemingly undiagnosable symptoms — ultimately determined to be the result of Kawasaki Disease. Here, Meredith pours through the research/theories Chalke’s character is armed with:

Loading video...

RELATED | Sarah Drew on Grey’s Big Transition, April’s Forged V-Card and Hearting Jackson

But (butt?) on a much lighter note: When April’s beau Matthew gets banged up pretty badly in the course of some work-related derring-do, it is Jackson who finds himself patching up the EMT’s dupa.

Loading video...

Want more scoop on Grey’s Anatomy, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (34)

• I’m more interested in these tweets from Shonda than the sneak peeks:
    “Had very intense discussions yesterday with writers about the Grey’s season finale. We made some very bold shocking decisions. Wow.” and “any spoilers you read about GA finale or anything I said before NO LONGER STANDS. We changed everything yesterday.”. – WHAT IS THIS WOMAN PLANNING?

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – March 27, 2013 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^This.

Comment by Aly – March 27, 2013 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For Shonda, not killing anyone would be bold.
      I suppose she could break the internet by knocking up Yang AGAIN.

Comment by canadian ninja – March 27, 2013 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, they’d said no major tragedies. I am now worried about the McBaby! *sigh*

Comment by JKR – March 27, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If she kills Meredith’s baby, I’m really going to have to stop watching the show. Especially with being currently pregnant myself, I don’t think I could take it.

Comment by Lauren – March 27, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can never believe anything Shonda says, I learned that the 1st year of GA. As her “no longer stands” statement proves, she has no problem going back on her word.

Comment by Jeri – March 27, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode looks like a good one :) whit the mystery of the symptom that boy is having :)

Comment by Jess – March 27, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe Shonda is planning to split up a dear couple? ):

Comment by tahina – March 27, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hahahha Jackson/April/Matt ! The fun begins!

Comment by Amelia – March 27, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “a storyline about a mother whose young son presents with confounding, seemingly undiagnosable symptoms — ultimately determined to be the result of Kawasaki Disease.”
    ^ this is a major spoiler, right ?!

Comment by Fido – March 27, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Umm considering that this has been announced as a provider of public awareness about Kawasaki Disease, and every spoiler regarding this episode has mentioned it… no, I wouldn’t say it’s major.

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – March 27, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sarah Chalke asked to do a story about Kawasaki’s disease because her kid had it and they wanted to raise awareness. While normally I would agree that it’s a spoiler, they want to raise awareness so it makes sense that they would day what it is ahead of time.

Comment by madhatter360 – March 27, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • madhatter360 just won 250 TVLine Power User Points!* (*Currently not redeemable for anything.)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 27, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • thanx for the info you two, I see why they would release those episode details ahead of time.

Comment by Fido – March 28, 2013 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish that Addison would return to GA for the finale to deliver Meredith’s baby. I know Kate Walsh is done and that it would be completely awkward but I think it would be really interesting. Also they seriously need to bring back Amelia and I hate how they ended Neve Campbell’s arc. She just disappeared. It’s like okay he got what he needed, a nerve, Now you can go.

Comment by A – March 27, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Neve Campbell barely had an arc. Wasnt she on just one episode?

Comment by Mary – March 27, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i think she was on like 1 and showed up at the end of another. I mean I don’t even remember them talking after the surgery. That really pissed me off. How are you going to have a sister donate a nerve to her brother and then ends things as if nothing big ever happened.

Comment by A – March 27, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They did speak after the surgery. Meredith stopped by on her way to Bailey’s wedding and showed Liz the ultrasound pic of the baby and Mer agreed to be more communicative.

Comment by Ana – March 27, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I was actually talking about Derek and Liz. I would’ve liked to have seen more of an interaction there. Meredith talking to her was a great step forward but it wasn’t enough for me.

Comment by A – March 27, 2013 02:45 PM PDT
    • Addison delivering the baby of the woman that broke up her marriage would be unrealistic and painful. Especially since Addison herself was unable to get pregnant. I am all for her coming back to the show but not to deliver this baby. That would be incredibly inappropriate.

Comment by Ana – March 27, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’d just like to point that I love Addison but she was the one who began the destruction of their marriage after she slept with Mark. Not saying Meredith was innocent in the situation but there are two sides to everything.
        Anyways, I know it would be an awkward/inappropriate situation. However, that’s why I think it would be interesting. It’s television. That’s how drama is created. From these awkward situations. I’d love to see the dynamic and how all parties handle such a situation if it were to happen. If Meredith was in true danger in her pregnancy with her having a hostile uterus and all, would Derek do everything he could to help even if it meant calling his super-surgeon ex-wife?
        I think Derek and Addison’s relationship has grown a lot over the years and since Addison has moved on with her life with Jake and is happily married to him with her son, I think while being awkward and hesitant at first, she would not deny Meredith help if something terrible happened with her pregnancy. I personally would find it interesting to watch seeing all the great emotional and beautiful acting that may come from it.

Comment by A – March 27, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually I believe they’re moved past this. On Private Practice Addison married Jake and adopted a baby. She got her happy ending.

Comment by Maryse_once – March 27, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, no, no!!! Why do they have to go there with April and Jackson as a couple again? Their relationship was executed terribly last season. Not to mention, I’m so over April’s sudden pact with God. Why can’t the writers take the time to actually develop Jackson and Stephanie?

Comment by William – March 27, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t agree. Stephanie isn’t a very interesting character and April is really growing. Plus she and Jackson were always very close and have great chemistry imo.

Comment by Maryse_once – March 27, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even Shonda wouldn’t kill Meredith’s baby right? Right?

Comment by forwarddad – March 27, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • haven’t we already seen the whole ‘paramedic boyfriend ends up in the hospital and ex boyfriend has to treat him’ thing? ughhhh get it together shonda, why the hell are you repeating the same exact story from PP? god, can’t even imagine how the season finale will be, maybe derek is being sued and suddenly dies from heart attack while he is running xD

Comment by mariana – March 27, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jackson/Matt/April : funny!! haha

Comment by jess – March 27, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You don’t tell a patient you own the hospital!

Comment by Olivia – March 27, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are gonna get bankruptcy really soon if that becomes routine.

Comment by Amanda – March 27, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe Shonda’s “bold shocking” comment for the SF is Jackson and Matthew hooking up. That would be shocking!

Comment by Xtina – March 27, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d PAY to see that! Like SERIOUSLY! I’d PAY! :D

Comment by Katrin – March 27, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s what I want to know: this is a peds case. Where are Alex or Arizona? Realistically a general surgeon would not be handling this case. It’s bad enough we haven’t had Arizona handle a peds case all season because now Alex gets them, but now a high profile peds case comes in and it goes to Meredith? Seriously! Just to make her look like the hero. This is contrived. And the “I own a hospital and can do whatever I want” line is so incredibly juvenile and lazy I’m surprised they actually left it in the script. You don’t tell a patient that just to make yourself seem more important. Good grief… I hate that I’m so attached to some of these characters because between the incessant Callie/Arizona censorship, Avery’s unqualified appointment and writing blunders like this I am sorely tempted to stop watching.

Comment by Ana – March 27, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, Arizona, Alex, and Meredith are SURGEONS, so realistically NONE of them would be treating a non-surgery related case. Meredith’s clearly only doing so this because she partially owns the hospital and because she relates as a mother.

Comment by Nora – March 27, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes they are surgeons, you are right in what you are saying there but Kawasaki Disease is predominantly seen in children so the fact that they wouldn’t have Arizona at least on the case who has years of experience working with kids and may have seen something like it before is also unrealistic. Although like Ana said, Arizona’s years of knowledge and experience suddenly don’t matter now since Alex seems to get every PEDS case around even though he’s only a fellow and technically still learning.

Comment by Emma – March 27, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post