Glee Hot Shots: Sam Serenades Brittany While New Directions Copes With an 'Unthinkable Event'

Glee fans eagerly awaiting some long-overdue lovey-dovey goodness between Brittany and Sam — whose romance, of late, has been put on the backburner — need look no further than the dramedy’s April 11 installment (Fox, 9/8c).

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

The following shots from the episode find Chord Overstreet‘s alter ego serenading his doofy cheerleader (and the rest of New Directions) and getting close to her beloved feline friend Lord Tubbington. (Whatta guy!)

Unfortunately, the hour’s official description tells a different story, one that finds the gleeks coping with “an unthinkable event” that forces each of the students to look at things from a new perspective.

Click through the shots below, then hit the comments: What major event do you think is about to rock McKinley High?

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Glee, Photo Gallery

1. Lime says:

My guess? School shooting.

2. Emily Murphy says:

I really dislike Sam and Brittany together. It doesn’t work for me at all. Too alike.

• natalie says:

I agree I do not like Sam and Brittany at all. This is the Dumbest pairing…mostly because its so boring and makes NOOOO sense! Ugh, Glee what are u doing?????

• Pepper says:

I only dislike Brittany. She’s irritatingly dumb and Heather Morris can’t act. It’s painful.

• Lins says:

second that, Is SO AWKWARD to even watch her talk.

• Dane says:

Brittany is my absolute favorite character on the show.. outside of the spectacular Santana. I think Morris is great in the role.. she’s ditzy, dim and plays that straight instead of bubblegum.. it’s unexpected and fabulous. And the girl can DANCE!!

• kIp says:

I used to love Brittany when she just said random one-liners. But it felt like once the producers and writers realized how popular she was they overused her and revealed Heather Morris’s limitations. Yes she can seriously dance, but she’s not a very good actress and her scenes with Naya Rivera only highlight that. Her delivery is completely flat. Her singing is also not that great–it really only works for Kesha songs.

• Sil says:

So agree about Heather. Sweet and funny. But not a fan of a featured Brittany. She sings nicely at harmony. But she has had quite a lot of solo or leads this season, shocked b/c she is 1 of my least favs for singing. She is the best dancer on Glee, let that be what she shines at. I love Fondue for 2. Let that be all she does as a lead actor in a scene. As for Sam amd Brittany. I could care less.Lima is dull. This whole season is a deadpan.

• AJ says:

I just want Brittany gone, she’s annoying and not even funny anymore.

• Sil says:

I can’t understand what she says. She mumbles. But the last scene of NY, I couldn’t understand Rachel much either. She talks too fast. Now, the ones I want to see are Rachel and Santana with Kurt in NY. Finn, Kitty in Lima. I’m really liking Kitty. The rest are manufactured tinpan.

• Libby says:

I happen to like Bram, people.

• Joy Pearson says:

They are really good together sooooooo… STOP BEING A HATER!!!!

3. T25 says:

Not going to bother watching this episode, It’s all McKinnley crap, NO Lea, Cory, Chris or Naya = NOT WORTH WATCHING!

4. Yaright says:

eagely awaited long-ovedue couple? HAH!

5. Laura says:

My guess, it has to do with Ryder’s obvious “Catfish” storyline. Pulling a page from Manti Te’o, his girlfriend “Katie” is going to have some sort of accident/is going to die.

6. A says:

I read somewhere that it might be a shooting and since the episode is called “Shooting Star” it might be true.

7. Knoberry says:

“Glee fans eagerly awaiting some long-overdue lovey-dovey goodness between Brittany and Sam” These fans don’t exist.

8. Britney says:

Lol, what fans would those be? I will be avoiding this episode like the plague. More gross Brittany and Sam as well as what is sure to be a horribly offensive school shooting storyline? No thank you.

9. S says:

Bram fans exist?? Gross. And if these idiots do a shooting episode, I hope every member of the media drags them.

10. Tyler says:

No Lea, Chris, Naya, and Brittany/Sam (long awaited what? You drunk?) + gunshot? No thank you. Skipping this one too.

• f2g4 says:

Same here. I’m not touching this episode. It’s also written by Matthew Hodgson and you know how his previous episodes turned out. Always with bad writing and storyline.

• Knoxberry Farm says:

Matthew Hodgson is the worse writer on Glee, And that’s saying a lot because the bar is already extremely low.

• Lins says:

I actually feel that the past few Eps have been pretty awesome. Clever jokes, nice performances, good acting (except Heather Morris) but, yeah the ones written by MH were just hideous.

11. Shar says:

What are you on? NO ONE likes Bram, the only thing the fandoms can agree on is the vast DISLIKE of this disgusting couple. How much is RM paying you to write that?

12. Chris says:

Brittany needs to be single. The scenes with Sam have been really OTT and unpleasant, whatever the writers are trying so hard for is failing. Brittany has been far more humorous and engaging with Blaine, Marley, Kitty and others.

13. JA says:

What’s with all the Sam and Brittany hate?

14. Hailey says:

“Glee fans eagerly awaiting some long-overdue lovey-dovey goodness between Brittany and Sam” uhmmmm EXCUSE ME? Who? I’m so sick of them.

15. Isa says:

Ugh, Brittany and Sam are still a thing? Gross. I’m not watching…

16. wendy says:

Are you drinking as you write this spoiler “aint nobody got time ” for some stupid Bram

17. g says:

Bram fans do you mean RIB because they don’t have a big fanbase or one at all. Brittany is my favorite and I can’t watch her scenes with Sam. I liked her scenes with Marley and Kitty more.

18. Kelly says:

Ha ha at the idea that any fans have been “eagerly awaiting” anything between Brittany and Sam. They paid you for that, right? It’s the only explanation. When it comes to fandom love you need look no further than fanfiction as evidence of what couples fans care about, and this pairing has an embarrassing total of about 30 fanfics. As compared to thousands for Brittany and Santana, or even for the not even canon pairing of Sam and Kurt. I’ve never seen a pairing on a TV show resonate so little with fans, and I’ve been watching for more years than I care to mention. I wish the writers would give up on trying to make this thing happen and just move on already. I’d rather see Brittany’s friendships explored, if she’s going to get screentime.

19. JC says:

“glee fans eagerly awaiting some long-overdue lovey-dovey goodness between Brittany and Sam”

Lol no! Couldn’t be more wrong!

20. dai says:

aint no time for Bram noneone cares about them together

21. Adam says:

Is Brittany and Sam still a thing that is happening? Why? They are the worst. Anyway, no NYC so I guess I can safely skip this one.

22. dai says:

ahahahahaha like…. is there any Bram fan??? LOL. Because from what we all know in the Glee fandom noneone likes them as a couple!! you are wrong dude, of course people we know that we have to avoid the episode unless they break up

• Shar says:

When that does happens you can bet it will be one of the highest rating episode for this season lol

• Cheech says:

Unfortunately, Glee only gets decent ratings when it isn’t up against any competition and it just so happens that 18 falls on a week when Glee is only competing against re-runs. Expect good ratings and expect the writers to misguidedly think this means people 1) watch for Bram and 2) don’t mind episodes with zero NYC screen time.

• Holly says:

I love episodes without NYC! Kurt has always been annoying in my book and Rachel is getting to be one of the most annoying characters on TV. Santana is NYC’s only redeeming quality. Give me more McKinley!

23. C. says:

A plague on whoever thought Glee going anywhere near any kind of school shooting plot was a good idea. A plague on all of you. Christ.

And an entire episode devoted to McKinley? No thanks. And I forgot about the idiots dating. Why are they even still together? Just keep them as background filler.

24. Majiss. says:

Hahaha, nobody likes Bram.

25. Hannah says:

You meant a long-overdue break up right? Haha
    I haven’t seen more disinterest in a couple on Glee.

• Whitney says:

I completely agree it is just ridiculous. I feel like Sam is making Brittany dumber. I have to skip the scenes they have together because it’s SO BORING. She is not funny anymore. It will ALWAYS be Brittana for me. Not Bram. They are not a good couple.

26. Opal says:

Looks like Lchat is spamming

27. LW says:

“eagerly awaiting” Bram? ummm….hell to the no! Nobody wanting to see Bram do anything but break up and that can’t happen too soon. These two characters look related, the have no chemistry and Brittany and Santana fought like hell for 3 years to be together, they are the most passionate and loving couple on Glee and Glee needs to reunite them.

• Lins says:

can you just not bring Santana into this discussion? Some of us don’t want her and Brittany together cus Brittany is just a dumb B_ itc h.

28. H says:

Aint nobody got time for Bram…or a McKinley only episode.

No wonder the ratings and song sells keep sinking.

29. sara says:

i cant wait for brittany and sam lovey dovey goodness……said no one ever….in the history of the world.

30. James says:

Wait, somebody like Sam and Brittany together?? I definitely don’t and considering there are not NY in this episode I’ll skip it. Thanks for the warning.

31. Mel says:

Oh great, another episode I’m skipping. I’m sick of the wonder twins. Britt and Sam are so boring together. I really hope they’ll break up soon. Why is the NY side getting so little screentime? Hummerlberry+Santana are way more entertaining than boring McKinley and these 2.0 wannabes.

32. Alexis says:

“Glee fans eagerly awaiting some long-overdue lovey-dovey goodness between Brittany and Sam” Who? Please. Even Tina/Vaporub has more fans.

33. Alex says:

The only thing I’m waiting from Sam and Brittany is their long overdue breakup lol. This pairing is a joke, and this whole episode sounds like a joke. Don’t they know NY is what most people want by now?

34. Jason says:

Wait, who wants more Brittany and Sam? They are such a horribly boring couple. Brittany needs to be single and Sam can propose/give a promise ring/steal someone else’s girlfriend and then forget about his relationship with Brittany like he did with Quinn and Mercedes.

• Em says:

This.
      I don’t even hate Sam, I just hate Sam as a boyfriend.
      I kinda thought Brittany and Sam had broken up, but looks like I’ll be staying away from this episode.

35. Jen says:

Eagerly awaiting, yeah for them to break up.

36. Nena says:

Eagerly waiting? Huh? I dont think anyone cares about them. I hope their scenes aren’t too long. People will definitely change the channel (not that they don’t already).

37. Cami says:

What fans?! lol just stop with that couple. They suck! TV Line for your information NOBODY watch Glee anymore, duh!

38. Kylie M says:

The only ‘long-awaited’ thing fans are waiting for is for Brittany and Sam to break up. I forget they were even still a couple over the past few episodes and it was actually more enjoyable (well, as enjoyable as current Glee can be), but this is a very unpleasant reminder. How dare they drag Lord Tubbington into it, one of the only characters on this show that hasn’t been ruined.

The whole Ryder storyline is so predictable and by the numbers. I’m still betting it’ll end up being Becky or something. And from what I’ve heard, the ‘unthinkable’ thing is a school shooting, which will probably be handled with all the sensitivity of a sledge hammer or a straight white male outing a lesbian of color and facing zero consequences.

• C says:

Omg. THIS. BEST COMMENT EVER.

• ffic4life says:

Id much rather see Blam than Bram, thank you.

But for the most part, I’ve stopped watching this show because they did the Puck character a real disservice by putting him with that awful Kitty girl after having him trapse across the country like a bafoon when he should have followed Quinn to New Haven. In fact, they’ve done almost all the original cast a real disservice. They’ve completely tossed out the integrity of this show and made it into a soap opera. A stupid predictable soap opera!! It’s revolting anymore. Which is sad because this was my favorite (besides Bones). Oh well, another tv show ship jumped.

• Holly says:

1) One of the most romantic scenes ever on this show was the cheerio trail because she always forgets breakfast.
      2) While I am not a huge Brittany and Sam fan, personally I want her back with Artie, there are some people that like the couple.
      3) Personally I am sick of people still complaining about Finn outing Santana. Santana is one of my favorite characters but she is a royal bitch. She is a bully and a horrible person the majority of the time. That is why I love her, but everyone forgives her for what she does and makes Finn a villain for finally standing up to her.

• Courtney says:

Your idea of romance is degrading and gross. Being treated like a dog is not romantic. I really can’t take anything you say seriously. Also, being outed is not the same as being mean. Finn was not standing up to her, he was destroying everything in her life, and putting a target on her back. But again, your views are so out there, I honestly can’t take you seriously, is your post a joke? Am I being punk’d?

• Alex says:

What the heck is up with you? That number one is just disgusting. That part was so degrading.

39. Jess says:

They finally start getting positive feedback for the NYC side and what do they do? I just can’t with this show anymore! The noobs take too much screen time away from the ones we love, and they make me hate the guys one by one. I used to love Finn then I couldn’t stand him. I used to LOVE Blaine, now same thing. And most of this Sam stuff makes me cringe. It’s to the point where none of the guys are worthy of the girls and I’m now pulling for Kurt and Adam.

40. I LOVE BRITTANY AND THAT IS ALL I CARE ABOUT.. GIVE ME SOME MORE FONDUE FOR 2 AND SCENES WITH KITTY ,,

41. Iya says:

Definitely not watching if there’s Brittany/Sam romantic scenes (where he’ll probably be her white male savior because this is glee) and no NYC.

42. july says:

Bram? ew, i pass.

43. Red says:

“Glee fans eagerly awaiting some long-overdue lovey-dovey goodness between Brittany and Sam” LOL WHAT

44. Maya says:

Sick of Bram. Sick of Brittany not being able to have a storyline, if it is not with a guy next to her. Sick of double standars in a show that was supposed to be about making a difference. How can we ask for equality to our Government when even in a show where gay couples are portrayed, the lesbian relationship is just a joke?.

45. Lalala says:

99% sure Sam will be shot

46. J says:

Who caaaaressss?????? Give me NY side!!!!!!

47. S says:

I bet they’ll kill off Sugar in this episode.

• Sheila says:

Please oh please oh please! I reeeeeeally don’t want another school shooting plot and have no issue with the actress, but Sugar needs to go!

48. Molly says:

I find it so ironic that a show that pats itself on the back so often for being “gay friendly” and pro LGBT issues can basically erase the existence of the only lesbian pairing and then put one of the girls in a relationship with a boy, where she then proceeds to get all the screentime, serenades, duets, and dialogue that she never got when she was with a girl. Nice message there, Glee. Maybe the word I’m looking for isn’t ironic, maybe it’s nauseating. Or just heartbreaking. If I had a teen daughter who was gay, I wouldn’t let her watch this show. I’d be too afraid that it would break her spirit.

• Sara says:

Britney isn’t a lesbian, she is bisexual, therefore it is completely understandable that she would be interested in a male. For the record, I am not a fan of this couple, but I do like that they are presenting a realistic portrayal of a bisexual female.

• Jessica says:

Realistic bisexual female? Do you think Glee writers Brittany like a good representation of bisexual women? Glee always makes Brittany choose a guy over Santana!

• Holly says:

Santana broke up with Brittany just to remind you. Brittany then dated a guy, nothing wrong with that. Santana came crawling back and Brittany was happy and didn’t want to stand in the way of her dreams so she let her go. She never really chose a guy over a girl.

• Adam says:

I actually think they’ve done a good with bisexual representation with Brittany (which is shocking given that Blame It On the Alcohol proved how little RIB think of bisexuals, i.e. they think those don’t exist) up until this season. Now, I can’t explain exacly why, but Brittany gives me really strong “straight girl” vibes. I don’t really pay attention to Ohio scenes, but I don’t remember any “you’re hot” comments coming from her directed towards any girl for example.

• Jessica says:

She isn’t straight. She flirts with the girls during the performances sometimes. I think it’s more a Heather thing though. She danced with a girl in s2 prom episode. She says she’s a ”bicorn”. She already said Santana is hot. She said ”I’m not dating anyone, boy or girl…” to Santana in 4×06. Well, Glee is making Brittany seem the worst bisexual character ever. Glee knows nothing about lesbians or bisexual women. She chose a boy over Santana TWICE. It’s so ridiculous, you know? When Brittany is dating a guy, she can talk, has a storyline and show her feelings for them. When she was dating a girl, she was mute, we didn’t see what thinks about her relationship with Santana. She was mute when Santana came out. Glee showed Brittany proud of Sam because of the stupid fact that he listens to Barry Manilow while they didn’t show Brittany saying one word when Santana came out. Santana is always Brittany’s second option.

• Adam says:

I’m sorry, I guess my first post wasn’t very clear. I know she’s bisexual, I just meant she gives me straight vibes this season ever since she started dating Sam, her few scenes with Santana obviously being an exception. It’s just that I feel like she used to do all that stuff and comments past seasons that indicated she was into girls not just into Santana, and that just stopped.
            And yeah, I see the difference of treatment between the two (three if you include Bartie) too. I guess Glee just doesn’t know how to handle storylines that doesn’t revolve around worshiping their hero males.

• DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

How does liking both and choosing the one she likes best over another make her a bad bisexual?

Because she’s not choosing the one you want her to? Are you forcing her into a box?

I’m not a fan of Bram, but seriously… this violently self-righteous and irrational Brittana fandom needs to stop… they’re making the normal Brittana fans look bad.

She’s a TV character. She likes BOYS and she likes GIRLS. She doesn’t have to be with a girl to prove she’s bisexual. She’s already proven that. Bisexual people often end up dating more of one gender over the other. Brittany has LOTS of experience with men. She has one experience with a woman: Santana. Maybe she swings towards the straight end of the bisexual spectrum.

Stop being haters and forcing characters into the box you want them in. Or better yet, get off here and go write your slash fanfics and leave us regular fans alone!

• Cheech says:

Yeah, it was really pleasant and realistic how they had Brittany enthusiastically and suggestively reaffirm her “bicorn”, “bilingual”, “i’m not a lesbian” status every other episode while she was in a relationship with Santana just in case people worried she wasn’t into dick still. Really hard hitting, emotionally resonant and truthful stuff. I’ve enjoyed how now that she’s with Sam, she can just fade into the straight white mold she was always meant to be cast in. No mention of any same-sex attraction or mentions of her past relationship that for all intents and purposes was an important one for her. Such GREAT, realistic representation. You have such a discerning eye for LGBT fairness.

49. Liz says:

”Glee fans eagerly awaiting some long-overdue lovey-dovey goodness between Brittany and Sam”

Freaking LOL at this one!

I’m sure the Brittana fans and those who are still waiting for a closure or a mention of Sam’s relationship with Mercedes (remember that one?) are shaking their heads at this.

50. Red says:

I’m so sick of all this Brittany and Sam crap the writers are force feeding the audience. Bram sucks. Please end it.