CBS Renews 14 Shows, Including Good Wife, Mentalist and Hawaii Five-0; What's Missing?

Get More: News, Renewals

CBS Renewed ShowsCBS handed out early renewals to an additional 14 series on Wednesday, including The Good Wife, The Mentalist and Hawaii Five-0.

Also getting the green light for the 2013-14 season are NCIS: Los Angeles, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Person of Interest, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, The Amazing Race, Survivor, Undercover Boss, 60 Minutes and 48 Hours.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Still on the Bubble?

Those shows join previously renewed Eye staples Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, NCIS and CSI.

Noticeably MIA: Criminal Minds (which is expected to return once new deals with the cast are hammered out), rookie drama Golden Boy, Two and a Half Men (see below), CSI: NY (which is now considered a long-shot for renewal), Friday-bound freshman drama Vegas (which had already been deemed a long-shot) and the death-defying Rules of Engagement (which you should never count out).

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Renewed for Season 9 — Find Out When We’ll Meet the Mother!

Regarding Men, CBS is currently in talks with Warner Bros. on an 11th season of the comedy. All indications are that the show will be back — with Ashton Kutcher.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated with today’s pickups!

Thoughts? Which renewal are you most relieved about? Which non-renewal has you most concerned? Hit the comments!

Comments (558)

• I really want CRIMINAL MINDS to be renewed!! Is my favorite show and it is a really good show :)

Comment by Kenzie – April 23, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with so many, many, others about the messing up with time slot of “The Mentalist”. My wife and watch it all the time. Yes, so many times my DVR only gets part of it. I always try and tape all these CBS shows that we watch, just in case we can’t be in front of the TV when they come on.

Comment by Bill – April 23, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As for the show “Golden Boy”, my wife and I find it a good show to watch. We look forward to it each week. I would like for it to last long enough for him to make it to the mayor’s office and then some. I have been hoping that the Arroyo (spelling?) would get hit by a speeding bus or the Golden Boy, just haul off and knock him into the next century.
    CBS has many shows that we look forward to.
    Hawaii 5-0 (Monday), NCIS, NCIS-LA, Golden Boy (Tues), Criminal Minds (Wed), Vegas, Sherlock (Thurs), Bluebloods (Fri), Mentalists (Sun night unfortunately). GREAT SHOWS

Comment by Bill – April 23, 2013 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vegas is a good show – I wish CBS would give it a chance, but knowing CBS, I doubt it will happen

Comment by Jake – April 24, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS needs to renew Vegas. With all of the ridicoulus reality shows, we need the networks to leave the good shows on

Comment by John – April 25, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI New York should be renewed, really good show CBS skips weeks at a time. Love CBS watch many of the shows including Hawaii five o, criminal minds, ncis , ncis la, Blue Bloods, CSI, Vegas, Golden Boy, Survivor, Mentilist , The Good Wife, and Elementry

Comment by James Dunn – April 26, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved the CSI’S — one day CSI Miami was there and the next it was gone! I knew tho as soon as it got moved to Sundays it wouldn’t last long! And now CSI NY is gone! They will just put on more reality TV or more sitcoms and I won’t be watching TV anymore! Criminal Minds another favorite!

Comment by Karrie – May 12, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I almost fogot Person of Intrest great acting and unique story line

Comment by James Dunn – April 26, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Golden Boy should be renewed! I hate that they start great dramas like this, where they start each show with 7 years ago. . . Etc. and start the show in the future then go back in the past to show us slowly how he got to the position he did so fast, then just pull it! It’s one of the best cop shows! I think shows like Blue Bloods, it’s time to go. I watched it faithfully from day one, but lost interest after Danny kept switching partners. It’s getting old. Keep Golden Boy around! Read IMBD ratings! It’s got the ratings!

Comment by Bri K – April 28, 2013 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Vegas! It’s a great show and I hope they keep it around!

Comment by Ann Barnes – April 30, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should take 2 broke girls off the air! It is filled with incredibly graphic sexual innuendos. I don’t allow my children to watch it AT ALL! I change the channel when it comes on..most of the jokes aren’t even that funny and if I hear Caroline whine one more time about how she used to do this or that with her father….yuck! Mike and Molly I love! Some people like 2bg..different strokes for different folks, I guess!

Comment by Rachel – May 2, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Golden Boy is a great show. Don’t take it off.

Comment by Barbiegirl1 – May 3, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If CBS canceles ‘VEGAS’ and keeps GOLDEN BOY they are STUPID, Vegas i9s based on FACTS ABOUT LAS VEGAS IN THE 1960-70′s era.

Comment by Gary – May 4, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would appreciate if you guys would renew csi:miami,,at least for 11th season….It was an awesome show..

Comment by santana newsome – May 4, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good luck w/ that one! I miss that show too!

Comment by Karrie – May 12, 2013 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please keep “Golden Boy”! So GOOD! :)

Comment by gEE – May 9, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if your show gets moved to Sunday nite — you can kiss it goodbye! seems every program that gets moved to that time slot Sundays- its not long and its off the air– and now my other favorite CSI is now off the air too- CSI NY- Fri used to be good for TV watching — not anymore! I can’t stand reality shows and sitcoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that’s all that’s on now! Gone are the days w/ good CBS Mon nite at the movies or what ever day of the week it happened to be!

Comment by Karrie – May 12, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BLUE BLOODS SUCKS I can’t stand that show who cares about stupid cops or their shows. I don’t they bore the crap out of me. I don’t like body of proof either somehow I couldn’t really get into it. And the problem I have with blue bloods is that I never really got into it and I don’t want to. I don’t like Tom selleck or Donnie walberg or any of the loser cops on the show. And I didn’t like Boston’s finest. Blah. But I do love Boston I’ve been there twice and I loved it. But I just don’t like cops at all they think their better than us. And I saw on the news that a cop choked a guy for no reason.

Comment by Andrea – May 17, 2013 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WOW…..why don’t you tell us WHAT you do like?…..i’ll take cop shows over the STUPID “COMEDIES” AND “REALITY SHOWS”, any day…..why don’t you like TOM SELLEK?

Comment by Alisa Neely – May 17, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate Reality shows actually and I like mike and Molly. And I love soap operas like all my children and one life to live and General Hospital and days of our lives. But for other prime time I love dallas and revenge and Grey’s anatomy and I do love Vegas and I like the Good wife. I love Arrow on the Cw. And I don’t like Tom selleck because he’s ugly and old and weird looking with that stupid mustache of his. Blah,* Pukes*

Comment by Andrea – May 17, 2013 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no idea why they just do not repeat the programming overnight as PBS does. Every program I watch on PBS, Lifetime, Home and Garden TV, Bravo and other cable stations is repeated at least one time in the overnight time schedule. Why don’t the big three stations do this? It is wonderful to have the shows on demand but not all shows are listed on demand. The shows are sometimes available on the station websites but you can not always get decent reception on the website. So instead of just playing paid infomercials play the primetime programming over again.

Comment by Barbara T – May 17, 2013 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you Barbra T. I noticed that they don’t even have Cw on demand and it ticks me off. Like maybe I don’t feel like going online to watch shows from there because its bad reception or my Internet connection wants to time out. They should Add Cw on demand to the on demand free thing

Comment by Andrea – May 17, 2013 11:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It seems a shame that “CSI New York” id noy being considered for renewal as it is certainly one of the best shows on TV today as it is a clean show in both language content & sexual content. Perhaps give a second thought to this show. I am very pleased with the shows that are being renewed. “Blue Bloods” is one of the best shows that CBS has shown for a very long time. Thanks for it.

Comment by Mary Beth McCarthy – May 19, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was very disappointed that they took CSI:NY off the air. I LOVED that show and couldn’t wait for Friday night. After Mac proposed to Christine, I couldn’t wait for the fall schedule to start so that they would get married. I also loved the story line with Flack and Det. Lavato. I thought they made a great pair. I didn’t like the fact that Sid was dying of cancer but I still can’t believe they took this show off the air and kept junk like Mike and Molly.

Comment by Sad – July 17, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post