CBS Renews 14 Shows, Including Good Wife, Mentalist and Hawaii Five-0; What's Missing?

CBS Renewed ShowsCBS handed out early renewals to an additional 14 series on Wednesday, including The Good Wife, The Mentalist and Hawaii Five-0.

Also getting the green light for the 2013-14 season are NCIS: Los Angeles, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Person of Interest, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, The Amazing Race, Survivor, Undercover Boss, 60 Minutes and 48 Hours.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Still on the Bubble?

Those shows join previously renewed Eye staples Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, NCIS and CSI.

Noticeably MIA: Criminal Minds (which is expected to return once new deals with the cast are hammered out), rookie drama Golden Boy, Two and a Half Men (see below), CSI: NY (which is now considered a long-shot for renewal), Friday-bound freshman drama Vegas (which had already been deemed a long-shot) and the death-defying Rules of Engagement (which you should never count out).

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Renewed for Season 9 — Find Out When We’ll Meet the Mother!

Regarding Men, CBS is currently in talks with Warner Bros. on an 11th season of the comedy. All indications are that the show will be back — with Ashton Kutcher.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated with today’s pickups!

Thoughts? Which renewal are you most relieved about? Which non-renewal has you most concerned? Hit the comments!

1. Andrew says:

The Mentalist FTW

2. Jake says:

CBS needs to get their heads out of their asses on this one. Vegas was getting good ratings , so why the hell wouldn’t it survive? CSI NY in my opinion has been the best CSI going since they got rid of Grissom on the original. Golden Boy is awful.. The Good Wife is awful. Undercover Boss can’t even keep the identities secret anymore so there is no point to that show. Two and a half men is OVER! has been since Sheen left. Now it looks like they are going to try another NCIS show NCIS RED which I think is spreading that franchise too thin. Only reason NCIS LA is good is from the all star cast. CBS has been kicking the crap out of every other network in the ratings with the shows/formula they have had. Why abandon that now? makes no sense.

• KoshN says:

FWIW, on CSI(LV), Grissom left because William Petersen wanted to leave the show and go back to live theater. I *wish* Grissom would come back to CSI(LV) now and then.

3. Jo Ann Cook says:

I primarily watch CBS. I unfortunately haven’t caught Mentalist, because of the Sunday time. Wish you would put in on Thursday before Elementary. That would make a perfect Thursday evening. Please don’t cancel CSI,NY, With Sela Ward on there, the show is so much better, less tension with the whole gang and more focus on the cases. I think since they keep getting threatened with cancellation, the writers keep writing like they are heading out the door. Give them some security so they can write like the show deserves. Friday’s with CSI,NY and then Blue Bloods is an awesome combination. And is there a reason we have so few new shows and big gaps of reruns? I remember the new season started in September and ended in May. With reruns usually in December, because of the holidays. Now it’s like every other week and season finale’s happen in February.

4. Greg Fraunfelter says:

Really shocked about CSI-NY. My wife and i really enjoy that show!

5. rmcepp says:

Criminal Minds must be renewed. The cast is wonderful. If it’s money, why don’t they get rid of Joe Montegna, I see no purpose that he serves. Mandy Pantikin was different, he added a lot to the show. Hotch gets better every year, and the rest of the cast is great together. I miss Prentiss, find Ms. Tripplehorn boring. My only problem is that the brutality seems to keep getting deeper, and with a show as good as this, it’s not necessary.

• Alisa Neely says:

i didn’t like gideon….thought he was kind of COLD….at least rossi, seems to HONESTLY care about those he works with….and emily; thought she …i don’t know.

• KoshN says:

I didn’t care for Joe Montagna (Rossi) when he first came on and replaced Gideon (Patinkin), but I’ve grown to like Rossi over the years. IMHO, the only one they could do without is Tripplehorn, but I hope they don’t make ANY cast changes for a couple of seasons.

6. Denise says:

I love CSI-NY…I truly hope it is renewed if not to only tie up some loose ends and finish some story lines…please!!!!

7. raptor says:

Sadly they renewed 1 and a quarter men–which as far as I am concerned has become a huge failure, but they are killing of CSI: NY–why? Is CSI: NY too high quality for the brainless minions to watch? Makes too much sense? Has too much substance? We need to keep shows that cater to the stupids of the world I guess Two and a Half Men fits that category perfectly.

8. joe bobby says:

Vegas is an awesome show! Why are they thinking of canceling it?

9. Cuddy's lawyer says:

And what about CSI:NY? :(

10. Paula Yarbrough says:

What about NCIS?

11. william ward says:

hope golden boy returns it is a good show also ready for more criminal minds

12. please renew criminal minds and csi ny

13. Bobby Brown says:

I hope Vegas makes it next season, it’s a great show with great characters…

14. Joel O'Brien says:

Hawaii Five-0 is the only CBS program I watch with any regularity. Blue Bloods, now and then.

15. FT says:

All my favorite CBS shows have already been renewed except CSI:NY. It’s the only CSI I watch, ever since Grissom left the original CSI. Bring CSI:NY back and this will be one happy viewer!

16. Sue Alexander says:

Love all of the CBS programming. Would hate to see Golden Boy cancelled when it was just getting good.
    I’m with everyone else. Trying to DVR The Good Wife and The Mentalist with all the sports programming is a pain.

17. Leslie says:

While I love CSI NY and want it to come back, I’d honestly be okay with it not being renewed because the season finale was nice, and if the last episode ever, was a great series finale episode. I definitely would still be sad and miss it and the actors/characters, but life goes on.

18. Brenda Turner says:

I hope NCIS is coming back. I love Gibbs, McGee, Abbey and the other too. PLEASE!!!

19. Wendy says:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE renew Golden Boy, Vegas & CSI:NY. I love all three shows and would seriously go through Gary Sinese withdrawal if CSI:NY was no longer on.

20. Gail says:

CRIMINAL MINDS…WORK IT OUT!! CSI NY…BRING IT BACK!!!

21. Charlie Miller says:

So glad the Mentalist is back…must must renew list also includes CSI-NY and most def Criminal Minds. Person Of Interest is also a must.

22. barb says:

how in the world can the show 2 broke girls be renewed that is the worst show on the air. i think it only remains on because of where it falls. everybody I talk to to about this show all say they just don’t change the channel but go off and do something else while it is on. Me included move it to a different time or night and see how well it does then. to much canned laughter and not even good lines to laugh at. bad choice to renew.

23. Karen Helsel says:

2 Broke Girls and Mike and Molly…don’t come anywhere NEAR the other shows. It feels like the dumbing down of CBS w/those 2..

24. Susan says:

Happy about the Mentalist.
    Worried about Criminal Minds. It is one of my favorite shows and I would hate to see it leave. I hope that works out.
    I also want to see Rules of Engagement come back. It is such a funny show.

25. Sue says:

Also really glad about Elementary – I’ve really enjoyed that show.

• cofins4terorists says:

I agree, love this show also and darn it forgot to mention in my posting of those I love and those I absolutely wish would be GONE forever.

26. WJS says:

They have renewed several great shows. Two and A Half Men needs to GO!!!! I just hate it when they run Amazing Race long nearly every Sunday and interrupts other shows. Thank goodness I have DVR.

• cofins4terorists says:

I agree!

• KoshN says:

Two and a Half Me has gotten better. I dropped Two and a Half Men for a season or two toward the end of Sheen’s self-destructive phase. When Kutcher started on the show, I gave it a chance (not expecting much), and the show’s gotten steadily better. I’ll watch Two and a Half Men these days, but not 2 Broke Girls.

27. Maybe NBC should pick up some of the shows that aren’t high enough ratings for CBS to keep….it could only help them. I’ll follow my favorite shows to what ever station they are on. I hate Golden Boy….I love CSI NY and want to see it renewed. Happy for the people who got their shows renewed, now I want to be happy too!

28. Nitza says:

Renew CSI NY and get rid of Golden Boy.

29. JackieM says:

Darn it they leave those sitcoms and not renewing CSI New York? Personally other than the dramas listed here, 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, and Undercover Boss and of course NCIS, and darn it I like Golden Boy too, CBS can drop the Sitcoms, Survivor, and Amazing Race…How many ways can I say BORING and idiotic shows. Give me back all the dramas dump reality junk and for sure the sitcoms too.

30. cofins4terorists says:

The dramas on CBS are terrific and am wishing ALL of them are renewed. The idiotic sitcoms I see as an insult to our intelligence and NEED TO GO!
    Undercover Boss, now that show for the most part has been enlightening for me about what makes various companies tick.
    Have decided I like Golden Boy and would like to see it back at least for another season.
    Amazing Race? What’s so amazing about it? Junk TV!
    Survivor has gotten old fast for me, the same challenges are now showing up in all new groups, needs to GO!
    Reality TV I realize saves CBS tons of money however I’m quite sure they still make a ton off Dramas since we get maybe 40 minutes total a show and the rest is advertisements.

31. Liz says:

Your complaints sound just like the ones we have with Australian TV programers. they move shows on a whim, sports always runs over and you cant record your shows because you then don’t have the ending of the episode. Agree that CSI: Miama was great and the programming guys killed it off because of inconsistency. Love the Mentalist and NCIS.

32. Gayle says:

I hope CSI: NY comes back and Criminal Minds. I love them both!!!!!!!
    I think basketball, golf, etc. should be shown on the sports channel so it doesn’t mess with the 6PM news and the shows from 7-10.

33. jessie1944 says:

I really like Golden Boy and CSI NY hope they stay around. Really glad about the ones that are staying.

34. We really like both Vegas and The Golden Boy. Losing them will be a real loss. I hope they change their minds.

35. Mark Casey says:

Vegas is a wonderful show, and deserves to be picked up. Much more so than The Mentalist! Come on CBS, kill The Golden Boy, which wasn’t that good, and keep Vegas…

36. Pam says:

Would love to see Vegas renewed! My husband and I always took time to watch it together! Please, Please, Please!

37. KT says:

So glad to see NCIS, NCIS-Los Angeles, The Mentalist, CSI, Hawaii Five-O and How I Met Your Mother. Wish they would do away with Big Bang Theory, but for some unfathomable reason it is very popular. I think it’s just plain stupid,

38. lovingCSINY says:

Missing is CSI: NY. Really enjoy the show. Any chance it will be renewed. Hope so.

39. Randy says:

CBS execs, if you had any common sense, you would realize what a huge mistake not renewing CSI:NY and Vegas would be. Listen to your viewers and do the right thing.

40. Robert says:

The first time I saw Vega I figured it couldn’t last. Yes it is a great show with a good story line. But you got to figure that production cost are humongous. The vintage Vegas casinos, the antique cars, antique slot machines and all the other props all got to cost a fortune. I really hate seeing this show go.

41. Jacob says:

there is no need to record the good wife to watch the mentalist. it will never air early

42. clover says:

another season for CSI NY please…….my favourite csi series so far…..please please please don’t cancel yet….

43. Debbie Walker says:

I want CSI New York and Golden Boy to return. I have always been a fan of CSI NY and I like the new show Golden Boy also. Please don’t take them off. Gary Sinese is great. I talk to a lot of people that would be crushed if CSI NY goes off and you need to give Golden Boy a chance. CBS is pretty much the main station I watch.

44. kaygeeret says:

The only show worth renewing is Golden Boy – the rest of the list has outlived anything interesting they could possibly come up with. Am sadder thansad that Two and A Half Men has been renewed – what a waste

45. mpantoja says:

What,s Penny,s last name on the Big Bang Theory ???????????

46. wasted says:

PLEASE give The Good Wife its own time slot. It is disrespectful to waste my time with “reality” shows.

47. lorie says:

I love Golden Boy- I watch CBS a lot more now because of it. Person of interest, Elementary and The Big Bang Theory are the best things on network TV.

48. Jess says:

I don’t know why so many of you bitch about missing a show on TV. Just go online and watch it!!! Every single TV episode will be online within an hour of it airing on TV. Try tvmuze.com or btguide.com….and use links like gorillavid.in or vidbux.com

Just go online and stop bitching

49. Bellaz says:

I would love to see CSI:NY renewed it’s my favourite of all the CSI’s and of course Rules of Engagement would be a bonus

50. AndrewM says:

I’m in the UK and it’s the same problem here as well with live events overrunning so don’t blame CBS- ITV get twitter flack and phone calls if shows like Coronation Street (@10M viewers) are late. we’re still, on ep11 of TGW and 12 of NCIS so we’re weeks not hours behind!