CBS Renews 14 Shows, Including Good Wife, Mentalist and Hawaii Five-0; What's Missing?

Get More: News, Renewals

CBS Renewed ShowsCBS handed out early renewals to an additional 14 series on Wednesday, including The Good Wife, The Mentalist and Hawaii Five-0.

Also getting the green light for the 2013-14 season are NCIS: Los Angeles, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Person of Interest, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, The Amazing Race, Survivor, Undercover Boss, 60 Minutes and 48 Hours.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Still on the Bubble?

Those shows join previously renewed Eye staples Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, NCIS and CSI.

Noticeably MIA: Criminal Minds (which is expected to return once new deals with the cast are hammered out), rookie drama Golden Boy, Two and a Half Men (see below), CSI: NY (which is now considered a long-shot for renewal), Friday-bound freshman drama Vegas (which had already been deemed a long-shot) and the death-defying Rules of Engagement (which you should never count out).

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Renewed for Season 9 — Find Out When We’ll Meet the Mother!

Regarding Men, CBS is currently in talks with Warner Bros. on an 11th season of the comedy. All indications are that the show will be back — with Ashton Kutcher.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated with today’s pickups!

Thoughts? Which renewal are you most relieved about? Which non-renewal has you most concerned? Hit the comments!

Comments (558)

• The Mentalist FTW

Comment by Andrew – March 28, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS needs to get their heads out of their asses on this one. Vegas was getting good ratings , so why the hell wouldn’t it survive? CSI NY in my opinion has been the best CSI going since they got rid of Grissom on the original. Golden Boy is awful.. The Good Wife is awful. Undercover Boss can’t even keep the identities secret anymore so there is no point to that show. Two and a half men is OVER! has been since Sheen left. Now it looks like they are going to try another NCIS show NCIS RED which I think is spreading that franchise too thin. Only reason NCIS LA is good is from the all star cast. CBS has been kicking the crap out of every other network in the ratings with the shows/formula they have had. Why abandon that now? makes no sense.

Comment by Jake – March 28, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FWIW, on CSI(LV), Grissom left because William Petersen wanted to leave the show and go back to live theater. I *wish* Grissom would come back to CSI(LV) now and then.

Comment by KoshN – March 30, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I primarily watch CBS. I unfortunately haven’t caught Mentalist, because of the Sunday time. Wish you would put in on Thursday before Elementary. That would make a perfect Thursday evening. Please don’t cancel CSI,NY, With Sela Ward on there, the show is so much better, less tension with the whole gang and more focus on the cases. I think since they keep getting threatened with cancellation, the writers keep writing like they are heading out the door. Give them some security so they can write like the show deserves. Friday’s with CSI,NY and then Blue Bloods is an awesome combination. And is there a reason we have so few new shows and big gaps of reruns? I remember the new season started in September and ended in May. With reruns usually in December, because of the holidays. Now it’s like every other week and season finale’s happen in February.

Comment by Jo Ann Cook – March 28, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really shocked about CSI-NY. My wife and i really enjoy that show!

Comment by Greg Fraunfelter – March 28, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal Minds must be renewed. The cast is wonderful. If it’s money, why don’t they get rid of Joe Montegna, I see no purpose that he serves. Mandy Pantikin was different, he added a lot to the show. Hotch gets better every year, and the rest of the cast is great together. I miss Prentiss, find Ms. Tripplehorn boring. My only problem is that the brutality seems to keep getting deeper, and with a show as good as this, it’s not necessary.

Comment by rmcepp – March 28, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i didn’t like gideon….thought he was kind of COLD….at least rossi, seems to HONESTLY care about those he works with….and emily; thought she …i don’t know.

Comment by Alisa Neely – March 28, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I didn’t care for Joe Montagna (Rossi) when he first came on and replaced Gideon (Patinkin), but I’ve grown to like Rossi over the years. IMHO, the only one they could do without is Tripplehorn, but I hope they don’t make ANY cast changes for a couple of seasons.

Comment by KoshN – March 30, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love CSI-NY…I truly hope it is renewed if not to only tie up some loose ends and finish some story lines…please!!!!

Comment by Denise – March 28, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sadly they renewed 1 and a quarter men–which as far as I am concerned has become a huge failure, but they are killing of CSI: NY–why? Is CSI: NY too high quality for the brainless minions to watch? Makes too much sense? Has too much substance? We need to keep shows that cater to the stupids of the world I guess Two and a Half Men fits that category perfectly.

Comment by raptor – March 28, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vegas is an awesome show! Why are they thinking of canceling it?

Comment by joe bobby – March 28, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And what about CSI:NY? :(

Comment by Cuddy's lawyer – March 28, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about NCIS?

Comment by Paula Yarbrough – March 28, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hope golden boy returns it is a good show also ready for more criminal minds

Comment by william ward – March 28, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please renew criminal minds and csi ny

Comment by Karen Revell Collis – March 28, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Vegas makes it next season, it’s a great show with great characters…

Comment by Bobby Brown – March 28, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hawaii Five-0 is the only CBS program I watch with any regularity. Blue Bloods, now and then.

Comment by Joel O'Brien – March 28, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All my favorite CBS shows have already been renewed except CSI:NY. It’s the only CSI I watch, ever since Grissom left the original CSI. Bring CSI:NY back and this will be one happy viewer!

Comment by FT – March 28, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love all of the CBS programming. Would hate to see Golden Boy cancelled when it was just getting good.
    I’m with everyone else. Trying to DVR The Good Wife and The Mentalist with all the sports programming is a pain.

Comment by Sue Alexander – March 28, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I love CSI NY and want it to come back, I’d honestly be okay with it not being renewed because the season finale was nice, and if the last episode ever, was a great series finale episode. I definitely would still be sad and miss it and the actors/characters, but life goes on.

Comment by Leslie – March 28, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope NCIS is coming back. I love Gibbs, McGee, Abbey and the other too. PLEASE!!!

Comment by Brenda Turner – March 28, 2013 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE renew Golden Boy, Vegas & CSI:NY. I love all three shows and would seriously go through Gary Sinese withdrawal if CSI:NY was no longer on.

Comment by Wendy – March 28, 2013 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CRIMINAL MINDS…WORK IT OUT!! CSI NY…BRING IT BACK!!!

Comment by Gail – March 29, 2013 04:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad the Mentalist is back…must must renew list also includes CSI-NY and most def Criminal Minds. Person Of Interest is also a must.

Comment by Charlie Miller – March 29, 2013 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how in the world can the show 2 broke girls be renewed that is the worst show on the air. i think it only remains on because of where it falls. everybody I talk to to about this show all say they just don’t change the channel but go off and do something else while it is on. Me included move it to a different time or night and see how well it does then. to much canned laughter and not even good lines to laugh at. bad choice to renew.

Comment by barb – March 29, 2013 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 Broke Girls and Mike and Molly…don’t come anywhere NEAR the other shows. It feels like the dumbing down of CBS w/those 2..

Comment by Karen Helsel – March 29, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mike and Molly is a lot better than 2 Broke Girls.

Comment by KoshN – March 29, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy about the Mentalist.
    Worried about Criminal Minds. It is one of my favorite shows and I would hate to see it leave. I hope that works out.
    I also want to see Rules of Engagement come back. It is such a funny show.

Comment by Susan – March 29, 2013 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also really glad about Elementary – I’ve really enjoyed that show.

Comment by Sue – March 29, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, love this show also and darn it forgot to mention in my posting of those I love and those I absolutely wish would be GONE forever.

Comment by cofins4terorists – March 29, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They have renewed several great shows. Two and A Half Men needs to GO!!!! I just hate it when they run Amazing Race long nearly every Sunday and interrupts other shows. Thank goodness I have DVR.

Comment by WJS – March 29, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree!

Comment by cofins4terorists – March 29, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Two and a Half Me has gotten better. I dropped Two and a Half Men for a season or two toward the end of Sheen’s self-destructive phase. When Kutcher started on the show, I gave it a chance (not expecting much), and the show’s gotten steadily better. I’ll watch Two and a Half Men these days, but not 2 Broke Girls.

Comment by KoshN – March 29, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe NBC should pick up some of the shows that aren’t high enough ratings for CBS to keep….it could only help them. I’ll follow my favorite shows to what ever station they are on. I hate Golden Boy….I love CSI NY and want to see it renewed. Happy for the people who got their shows renewed, now I want to be happy too!

Comment by Tracy Hazenstab (@tlh45) – March 29, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew CSI NY and get rid of Golden Boy.

Comment by Nitza – March 29, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darn it they leave those sitcoms and not renewing CSI New York? Personally other than the dramas listed here, 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, and Undercover Boss and of course NCIS, and darn it I like Golden Boy too, CBS can drop the Sitcoms, Survivor, and Amazing Race…How many ways can I say BORING and idiotic shows. Give me back all the dramas dump reality junk and for sure the sitcoms too.

Comment by JackieM – March 29, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The dramas on CBS are terrific and am wishing ALL of them are renewed. The idiotic sitcoms I see as an insult to our intelligence and NEED TO GO!
    Undercover Boss, now that show for the most part has been enlightening for me about what makes various companies tick.
    Have decided I like Golden Boy and would like to see it back at least for another season.
    Amazing Race? What’s so amazing about it? Junk TV!
    Survivor has gotten old fast for me, the same challenges are now showing up in all new groups, needs to GO!
    Reality TV I realize saves CBS tons of money however I’m quite sure they still make a ton off Dramas since we get maybe 40 minutes total a show and the rest is advertisements.

Comment by cofins4terorists – March 29, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Your complaints sound just like the ones we have with Australian TV programers. they move shows on a whim, sports always runs over and you cant record your shows because you then don’t have the ending of the episode. Agree that CSI: Miama was great and the programming guys killed it off because of inconsistency. Love the Mentalist and NCIS.

Comment by Liz – March 29, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope CSI: NY comes back and Criminal Minds. I love them both!!!!!!!
    I think basketball, golf, etc. should be shown on the sports channel so it doesn’t mess with the 6PM news and the shows from 7-10.

Comment by Gayle – March 29, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Golden Boy and CSI NY hope they stay around. Really glad about the ones that are staying.

Comment by jessie1944 – March 29, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We really like both Vegas and The Golden Boy. Losing them will be a real loss. I hope they change their minds.

Comment by Carolyn Cogan – March 29, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vegas is a wonderful show, and deserves to be picked up. Much more so than The Mentalist! Come on CBS, kill The Golden Boy, which wasn’t that good, and keep Vegas…

Comment by Mark Casey – March 29, 2013 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see Vegas renewed! My husband and I always took time to watch it together! Please, Please, Please!

Comment by Pam – March 30, 2013 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad to see NCIS, NCIS-Los Angeles, The Mentalist, CSI, Hawaii Five-O and How I Met Your Mother. Wish they would do away with Big Bang Theory, but for some unfathomable reason it is very popular. I think it’s just plain stupid,

Comment by KT – March 30, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Missing is CSI: NY. Really enjoy the show. Any chance it will be renewed. Hope so.

Comment by lovingCSINY – March 30, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS execs, if you had any common sense, you would realize what a huge mistake not renewing CSI:NY and Vegas would be. Listen to your viewers and do the right thing.

Comment by Randy – March 30, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The first time I saw Vega I figured it couldn’t last. Yes it is a great show with a good story line. But you got to figure that production cost are humongous. The vintage Vegas casinos, the antique cars, antique slot machines and all the other props all got to cost a fortune. I really hate seeing this show go.

Comment by Robert – March 31, 2013 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • there is no need to record the good wife to watch the mentalist. it will never air early

Comment by Jacob – March 31, 2013 11:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • another season for CSI NY please…….my favourite csi series so far…..please please please don’t cancel yet….

Comment by clover – April 5, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want CSI New York and Golden Boy to return. I have always been a fan of CSI NY and I like the new show Golden Boy also. Please don’t take them off. Gary Sinese is great. I talk to a lot of people that would be crushed if CSI NY goes off and you need to give Golden Boy a chance. CBS is pretty much the main station I watch.

Comment by Debbie Walker – April 11, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only show worth renewing is Golden Boy – the rest of the list has outlived anything interesting they could possibly come up with. Am sadder thansad that Two and A Half Men has been renewed – what a waste

Comment by kaygeeret – April 12, 2013 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What,s Penny,s last name on the Big Bang Theory ???????????

Comment by mpantoja – April 13, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE give The Good Wife its own time slot. It is disrespectful to waste my time with “reality” shows.

Comment by wasted – April 14, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Golden Boy- I watch CBS a lot more now because of it. Person of interest, Elementary and The Big Bang Theory are the best things on network TV.

Comment by lorie – April 16, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know why so many of you bitch about missing a show on TV. Just go online and watch it!!! Every single TV episode will be online within an hour of it airing on TV. Try tvmuze.com or btguide.com….and use links like gorillavid.in or vidbux.com

Just go online and stop bitching

Comment by Jess – April 18, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see CSI:NY renewed it’s my favourite of all the CSI’s and of course Rules of Engagement would be a bonus

Comment by Bellaz – April 19, 2013 02:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in the UK and it’s the same problem here as well with live events overrunning so don’t blame CBS- ITV get twitter flack and phone calls if shows like Coronation Street (@10M viewers) are late. we’re still, on ep11 of TGW and 12 of NCIS so we’re weeks not hours behind!

Comment by AndrewM – April 22, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post