CBS Renews 14 Shows, Including Good Wife, Mentalist and Hawaii Five-0; What's Missing?

Get More: News, Renewals

CBS Renewed ShowsCBS handed out early renewals to an additional 14 series on Wednesday, including The Good Wife, The Mentalist and Hawaii Five-0.

Also getting the green light for the 2013-14 season are NCIS: Los Angeles, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Person of Interest, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, The Amazing Race, Survivor, Undercover Boss, 60 Minutes and 48 Hours.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Still on the Bubble?

Those shows join previously renewed Eye staples Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, NCIS and CSI.

Noticeably MIA: Criminal Minds (which is expected to return once new deals with the cast are hammered out), rookie drama Golden Boy, Two and a Half Men (see below), CSI: NY (which is now considered a long-shot for renewal), Friday-bound freshman drama Vegas (which had already been deemed a long-shot) and the death-defying Rules of Engagement (which you should never count out).

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Renewed for Season 9 — Find Out When We’ll Meet the Mother!

Regarding Men, CBS is currently in talks with Warner Bros. on an 11th season of the comedy. All indications are that the show will be back — with Ashton Kutcher.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated with today’s pickups!

Thoughts? Which renewal are you most relieved about? Which non-renewal has you most concerned? Hit the comments!

Comments (558)

• Hopefully everything with Criminal Minds works out! One of my favorite shows!

Comment by Kristen – March 27, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please keep Nikita and Parenthood. Love these shows

Comment by Donna – March 27, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hope vegas is back not fond of golden boy———————————–

Comment by Jan Beckett – March 27, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • not a good sign for CM. Glad 5-0 is back

Comment by Art – March 27, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any idea when the other channels will announce their renewals?

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – March 27, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Some maybe next month, some not until May. Some shows wait all the way to the upfronts to reveal what made it and what did not.

Comment by WingsStef – March 27, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Firefly?

Comment by JASon – March 27, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you. This made me smile.

Comment by Jane – March 27, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What about The Tick (live action)?

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL. Good one.

Comment by WingsStef – March 27, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news about Person of Interest, my only must-watch show this season! Love Jim Caviezel, Tariji Henson, and Michael Emerson! I’m glad for Elementary and Good Wife also. Golden Boy is growing on me, so I hope it is renewed.

Comment by Carol – March 27, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Golden Boy I love that show please don’t tell me I’m getting invested for nothing

Comment by Trresa – March 27, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it was on FOX, you’d be almost certain to have lost your “investment” like me with:

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
      Strange Luck
      ***BRIMSTONE***
      The Tick
      The Good Guys
      Keen Eddie
      Human Target
      Wonderfalls
      Firefly
      Back to You
      The Finder
      John Doe
      etc.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Strange Luck and Wonderfalls were great shows. At least Wonderfalls released the whole season on DVD.

Comment by WingsStef – March 27, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And unlike Keen Eddie, Wonderfalls was released with its original music on the DVD set. :D Keen Eddie’s DVD set got substituted elevator music. :-(

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I wish Strange Luck would come out on DVD.

KoshN

Comment by KoshN – March 28, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY for The Good Wife! :)

Comment by Sarabi – March 27, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy about The Good Wife and Blue Bloods. But, I’m really hoping Vegas will get a reprieve. I know it is unlikely but until they announce that it is dead, I’m going to hope! lol

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too on hoping…loving Vegas.

Comment by Name – March 27, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I watched Vegas the first time in a while this past Friday. It is a good show. Maybe it works semi-well on Fridays next fall? I suppose time will only tell, since it’s longshot status isn’t too promising. One of the already renewed series might already be planned for the 9pm Friday slot.

Comment by WingsStef – April 7, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Vegas may be last years unforgettable at best

Comment by Jacob – April 8, 2013 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really wanted to see another season of VEGAS. Such great acting & history & drama & fun to watch. Hope there’s still a chance.

Comment by Arlene – March 27, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It my hope that CBS renewes CSI:NY, a great show, But have a tie in with Blue Bloods, Another great show

Comment by michael weiseer – March 27, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Person of Interest!! The Good Wife!! Elementary!! 2 Broke Girls!! Mike & Molly!! TBBT!!
    CBS really does have all the best shows.

Comment by A – March 27, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would really like to see Vegas renewed. Golden Boy can disappear.

Comment by PJL – March 27, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh no…….I love Golden Boy.

Comment by Name – March 27, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh and Golden Boy too! I want both Vegas and GB back! Guess I shouldn’t get too greedy….

Comment by Bobbi – March 27, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch any of those shows. haha

Network TV is really depressing now-a-days.

Comment by David4 – March 27, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are really dumb.

Comment by Peter – March 27, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Network TV is terrific actually… Too many good shows on at the same time is the problem on some nights… DVR and On Demand is salvation.. CBS is my go-to network..

Comment by drhenning – March 27, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • SAME HERE! CBS is MY Go-To-Network.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re missing a lot….really!

Comment by Name – March 27, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If by depressing you mean GREAT, yeah, you’re right. What’s depressing is the amount of Reality TV and the painfully bad writing on 2 Broke Girl, but I think Reality TV and 2 Broke Girls appeals to the same audience..

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with David4, I barely watch network TV these days. The only time I ever tune into CBS is for Person of Interest. Everything else I watch is on cable; I find most network offerings to be boring. It’s a matter of preference, is all.

Comment by Emily – March 27, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All the “comedy” shows on the network are the same old boring unfunny leftovers of sitcoms from the past. The only good one is Big Bang Theory and they screwed that up with a wife and girlfriends.

Then you have cop shows, more cop shows and even more cops shows. Yeah that’s quality for you.

Comment by David4 – March 27, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Big Bang Theory is a good comedy on CBS, but so is How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement, Mike and Molly and yes Two and a Half Men (usually, this season). On Mike and Molly, Billy Gardell is just so damned likeable and has good comedic chemistry with the rest od the cast. Gerald McRaney is a great addition to the show and is a hoot. The only week links on this show are Victoria Flynn (Katy Mixon, Joyce Flynn (Swoosie Kurtz) and especially Vince (Louis Mustillo).

Comment by KoshN – March 30, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Freaked that Criminal Minds is not just a shoe in. Pay what they need. Thanks

Comment by Nancy Brinly – March 27, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see both Golden Boy and Vegas come back for a second season!

Comment by Dan – March 27, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hawaii Five-O is my favorite show — I’m very happy!

Comment by Bobbi Piper – March 27, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn you CBS! You are turning your back on one of the best dramas on television. CSI: NY has been a bastard step child ever since you placed it on Friday nights. It has however shown steady year to year ratings even in the Friday dead zone. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. CSI: NY is as much a staple as the Empire State Building. Would you level that as well?

Comment by paul – March 27, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • On Friday nights, a show isn’t expected to get as good ratings as on other nights. What’s hurting CSI:NY is probably that it’s been around so long, and shows get more expensive when the same cast has been around that long. CSI (Vegas) has had more of a major cast turnover, and that helps with actor costs. CSI:NY is coming up on Season 10.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vegas :( happy about NCIS LA, POI and Elementary though!

Comment by Elyse – March 27, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • also happy about 5-O and the Mentalist!! I wasn’t sure about the Mentalist after the move to Sundays

Comment by Elyse – March 27, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Golden Boy is awesome!!! If CBS passes is there any chance NBC could pick it up???? They could use a show with this type of potential :) LOVE IT, it’s getting so much better with each episode!!!!

Comment by Belle – March 27, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woohoo!! Person Of Interest and Elementary!

Comment by Renee – March 27, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love CSI NY and Vegas. Keeping fingers crossed they both will return. The Good Wife and The Mentalist are favorites too but Sundays is a bad choice to air them. They are always on later then their time slot due to sports running overtime. Some viewers just choose to not watch because delayed shows run very late for those of us who work on Monday.

Diane V.

Comment by Diane Vandrei – March 27, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Timer Record and pad heavily on the end. That is the answer. Watch at your leisure.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!!! The Mentalist! we’ll know who RJ is! and they won’t ruin it over the hurry,thank god i’ll be orphan of Dexter &BBad over the summer, i say that’s enough! *joy*

Comment by Violax – March 27, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad that The Good Wife was renewed. It is definitely in my top 5 favourite shows on air at the moment!

Comment by Chris Ramsay – March 27, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I sooooooooo glad that The Mentalist is renewed. It’s the best show on TV.

Comment by Bonnie Maynes – March 27, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope CSI:NY comes back for another season. The cast, crew, and fans deserve one more year.

Comment by Lisa – March 27, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Fridays is the place where TV shows go to die” is what I have often heard……..so wasn’t surprised that Vegas is not on renewal list……But I love the show and hope it gets a last minute resurrection …..not looking hopeful for them however.
    Hope Golden Boy gets a nod, but also not looking hopeful. Hope somebody cancels The Following. I wanted to follow Kevin Bacon, but it’s gotten too gruesome for me…..had to bow out of watching it.

Comment by Name – March 27, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Fridays is the place where TV shows go to die” USED TO BE the case until the last two years. With not enough time for all of the good shows during the Monday to Thursday Primetime span, networks started programming for Friday nights again. :D Now, only Saturday nights is the place where shows go to die and/or have new episodes of already cancelled shows burned off.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mike and Molly?? for real?? I wonder why they keep renewing it as well as Rules of Engagement

Comment by Beto – March 27, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because they’re good. I wonder why people watch 2 Broke Girls (horrible writing), and Reality TV.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sick of Survivor and TAR. Those shows have worn out their welcome. Need some fresh stuff!

Comment by Pamela – March 27, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my goodness YES CANCEL Survivor & TAR!!!! Enough already I think THEY ARE actually having a hard time finding “new spots & people to be on them–hence all the repeat casts!!

Comment by Rhonda Roland – March 29, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on CBS give Golden Boy another season it’s really getting good and I’m part of your golden demographic!!!!

Comment by Pepper Weeks – March 27, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on save it for the commercial break.

Comment by Funmi Sunmonu – March 27, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not crazy about Goldenboy. The rest of the series hasn’t lived up to the pilot episode. Wouldn’t miss it if it were not renewed. Glad about Elementary and Hawaii Five-0.

Comment by Jon – March 27, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am most concerned about Smash. It is my favorite show and i will miss it. I don’t understand why good family entertainment gets cancelled and shows like TWO AND A HALF MEN AND MIKE AND MOLLY STAY ON OH AND ADD 2 BROKE GIRLS TO THAT LIST THESE SHOWS ARE JUST PLAIN FILTH AND STUPIDITY. i HAVE WANTED M&M TO RETURN TO THE BEGINNING WHEN IT WASNT ALL INUENDO AND FILTH BUT THAT HASN’T HAPPENED I STOPPED WATCHING MEN 2 SEASONS AGO AND STOPPED WATCHING M&M RECENTLY.IT IS THE ONLY SOLUTION I CAN SEE TO MY PROBLEM JUST TURN IT OFF. I JUST FEEL BAD THAT WHEN SOMEONE WRITES A SHOW PEOPLE CAN WATCH WITH THEIR FAMILIES THAT SHOW GETS CANCELLED.

Comment by Terry – March 27, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 2 Broke Girls is the worst of your list. Two and a Half Men has gotten better this season, but isn’t for kids. Mike and Molly is still funny, and has nowhere near the filth and stupidity of 2 Broke Girls’ writing.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree with you! 2BG is AWFUL! It’s not even that funny! I still like 2 1/2 Men also but agree that it is not for kids. M&M is funny!

Comment by Rachel – May 2, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vegas is just now coming into its’ own. If they’d put in on a decent night and time and leave alone, CBS might be surprised. Rules of Engagement is a very clever show; great ensemble case.

Comment by Beverly – March 27, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife!!! Hooray! So, so happy!

Comment by CW – March 27, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay for poi and the good wife. they should just let rules and men go dont know why or how either keeps going.

Comment by ollie – March 27, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rules of Engagement keeps going because it’s GOOD and the cast is GREAT. There is no weak link on the main cast.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My fingers are crossed for Golden Boy. I am loving the show. AND, I hope what you stated about CM is true – just waiting on contracts. The others, eh… if Michael Chiklis role was given to someone else, I’d start watching Las Vegas again.

Comment by DSG – March 27, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I REEAAALLLY want CSI-NY back! I hated Miami, and am only recently re-interested in the Vegas edition since adding Ted Danson, but I have ALWAYS been a huge fan of NY!!!

Comment by Dawn – March 27, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t stand CSI:Miami (Horatio and his co-starring sunglasses and teleportation ability, Boa Vista’s utter incompetence and jumping to conclusions, idiot Delko, etc.). The only good parts were Calleigh Duquesne and Wolf. By the time they got to the episode “Rio” (where Horatio and Delko never should have made it out of the jungle. Their stupidity should have gotten them killed.), I couldn’t take it anymore and dropped this show. Unfortunately, it appears that some of the people who made CSI:Miami so painfully bad, have found work on CSI (Las Vegas) and CSI:NY with illogical plots on the latter and overpoweringly loud music on both.

Comment by KoshN – March 30, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy for TGW. Now, hopefully, the writers will think of a good plot to erase season 4 of our memory, and CBS will find an other day to show it – because let’s be honest, sunday doesn’t help with the ratings.

Comment by Sophonisbe – March 27, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh wow. I wasn’t worried about any of my other shows, but am very relieved about The Mentalist!

Comment by JC – March 27, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big sigh of relief about The Mentalist. Most worried about Criminal Minds.As to CSI NY ,lets be honest the decision not to renew this year, was made when CSI Miami was cancelled.If only someone had the courage to cancel the plethora of “reality” shows that are anything but.

Comment by Linda Piper – March 27, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am liking Goldenboy don’t cancel it!!, give it a chance, the show is just getting good, and finding its footing.

Comment by Lexi – March 27, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, The Good Wife, Yes. Definitely best drama on network TV.

Comment by rty123 – March 27, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on ValTastic.

Comment by valtastic – March 27, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH I just hope they renew CSI:NY and Criminal Minds with all the team. We’ve already lost Prentiss I wouldn’t want to say goodbye to another character.

Comment by Tinemi – March 27, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My wife and I are strictly CBS people with few exceptions. Golden boy is mildly interesting but nothing i couldnt do without. Vegas however is a great show ! CSI NY too! Undercover boss was interesting for about 3 shows. Who are the fools still interested in Survivor? Its a show about the same things and mostly the same people. OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER.. Between Vegas and Golden boy. How can you compare Micheal Chiklis and Dennis Quaid to the cast of Golden boy? Not even a competition.. I swear if rules of engagement goes off the air again im going to be mad!

Comment by Chuck Kirkland – March 27, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully Criminal Minds will get renewed still. but what I find intresting is they renewed most of their shows and ordered the most pilots. could get intresting for them if a bunch of the new pilots turn out well they could have some hard choices.

Comment by Chris H – March 27, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vegas is one of my favorites. Hope it comes back. 2 Broke Girls I can’t figure out. Worse acting I have ever seen. Must be getting ratings because of the hits around it. People are too lazy to change the channel. Not me though.

Comment by Mike Ray – March 27, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I used to watch 2 Broke Girls but the writing tot be too stupid to tolerate. I didn’t used to watch Mike and Molly but decided to give it a chance when I dropped 2 Broke Girls a couple of months ago and I *like* Mike and Molly, now. I now program my timer recordings specifically to miss 2 Broke Girls.

Comment by KoshN – March 27, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post