CBS Renews 14 Shows, Including Good Wife, Mentalist and Hawaii Five-0; What's Missing?

CBS Renewed ShowsCBS handed out early renewals to an additional 14 series on Wednesday, including The Good Wife, The Mentalist and Hawaii Five-0.

Also getting the green light for the 2013-14 season are NCIS: Los Angeles, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Person of Interest, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, The Amazing Race, Survivor, Undercover Boss, 60 Minutes and 48 Hours.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Still on the Bubble?

Those shows join previously renewed Eye staples Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, NCIS and CSI.

Noticeably MIA: Criminal Minds (which is expected to return once new deals with the cast are hammered out), rookie drama Golden Boy, Two and a Half Men (see below), CSI: NY (which is now considered a long-shot for renewal), Friday-bound freshman drama Vegas (which had already been deemed a long-shot) and the death-defying Rules of Engagement (which you should never count out).

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Renewed for Season 9 — Find Out When We’ll Meet the Mother!

Regarding Men, CBS is currently in talks with Warner Bros. on an 11th season of the comedy. All indications are that the show will be back — with Ashton Kutcher.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated with today’s pickups!

Thoughts? Which renewal are you most relieved about? Which non-renewal has you most concerned? Hit the comments!

1. Kristen says:

Hopefully everything with Criminal Minds works out! One of my favorite shows!

2. Donna says:

Please keep Nikita and Parenthood. Love these shows

3. Jan Beckett says:

hope vegas is back not fond of golden boy———————————–

4. Art says:

not a good sign for CM. Glad 5-0 is back

5. Any idea when the other channels will announce their renewals?

• WingsStef says:

Some maybe next month, some not until May. Some shows wait all the way to the upfronts to reveal what made it and what did not.

6. JASon says:

What about Firefly?

7. Carol says:

Great news about Person of Interest, my only must-watch show this season! Love Jim Caviezel, Tariji Henson, and Michael Emerson! I’m glad for Elementary and Good Wife also. Golden Boy is growing on me, so I hope it is renewed.

8. Trresa says:

What about Golden Boy I love that show please don’t tell me I’m getting invested for nothing

• KoshN says:

If it was on FOX, you’d be almost certain to have lost your “investment” like me with:

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
      Strange Luck
      ***BRIMSTONE***
      The Tick
      The Good Guys
      Keen Eddie
      Human Target
      Wonderfalls
      Firefly
      Back to You
      The Finder
      John Doe
      etc.

9. Sarabi says:

YAY for The Good Wife! :)

10. Bobbi says:

Very happy about The Good Wife and Blue Bloods. But, I’m really hoping Vegas will get a reprieve. I know it is unlikely but until they announce that it is dead, I’m going to hope! lol

• Name says:

Me too on hoping…loving Vegas.

• WingsStef says:

I watched Vegas the first time in a while this past Friday. It is a good show. Maybe it works semi-well on Fridays next fall? I suppose time will only tell, since it’s longshot status isn’t too promising. One of the already renewed series might already be planned for the 9pm Friday slot.

11. Arlene says:

Really wanted to see another season of VEGAS. Such great acting & history & drama & fun to watch. Hope there’s still a chance.

12. michael weiseer says:

It my hope that CBS renewes CSI:NY, a great show, But have a tie in with Blue Bloods, Another great show

13. A says:

Person of Interest!! The Good Wife!! Elementary!! 2 Broke Girls!! Mike & Molly!! TBBT!!
    CBS really does have all the best shows.

14. PJL says:

Would really like to see Vegas renewed. Golden Boy can disappear.

15. Bobbi says:

Oh and Golden Boy too! I want both Vegas and GB back! Guess I shouldn’t get too greedy….

16. David4 says:

I don’t watch any of those shows. haha

Network TV is really depressing now-a-days.

• Peter says:

You are really dumb.

• drhenning says:

Network TV is terrific actually… Too many good shows on at the same time is the problem on some nights… DVR and On Demand is salvation.. CBS is my go-to network..

• Name says:

You’re missing a lot….really!

• KoshN says:

If by depressing you mean GREAT, yeah, you’re right. What’s depressing is the amount of Reality TV and the painfully bad writing on 2 Broke Girl, but I think Reality TV and 2 Broke Girls appeals to the same audience..

• Emily says:

I’m with David4, I barely watch network TV these days. The only time I ever tune into CBS is for Person of Interest. Everything else I watch is on cable; I find most network offerings to be boring. It’s a matter of preference, is all.

• David4 says:

All the “comedy” shows on the network are the same old boring unfunny leftovers of sitcoms from the past. The only good one is Big Bang Theory and they screwed that up with a wife and girlfriends.

Then you have cop shows, more cop shows and even more cops shows. Yeah that’s quality for you.

• KoshN says:

The Big Bang Theory is a good comedy on CBS, but so is How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement, Mike and Molly and yes Two and a Half Men (usually, this season). On Mike and Molly, Billy Gardell is just so damned likeable and has good comedic chemistry with the rest od the cast. Gerald McRaney is a great addition to the show and is a hoot. The only week links on this show are Victoria Flynn (Katy Mixon, Joyce Flynn (Swoosie Kurtz) and especially Vince (Louis Mustillo).

17. Nancy Brinly says:

Freaked that Criminal Minds is not just a shoe in. Pay what they need. Thanks

18. Dan says:

Would love to see both Golden Boy and Vegas come back for a second season!

19. Bobbi Piper says:

Hawaii Five-O is my favorite show — I’m very happy!

20. paul says:

Damn you CBS! You are turning your back on one of the best dramas on television. CSI: NY has been a bastard step child ever since you placed it on Friday nights. It has however shown steady year to year ratings even in the Friday dead zone. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. CSI: NY is as much a staple as the Empire State Building. Would you level that as well?

• KoshN says:

On Friday nights, a show isn’t expected to get as good ratings as on other nights. What’s hurting CSI:NY is probably that it’s been around so long, and shows get more expensive when the same cast has been around that long. CSI (Vegas) has had more of a major cast turnover, and that helps with actor costs. CSI:NY is coming up on Season 10.

21. Elyse says:

Vegas :( happy about NCIS LA, POI and Elementary though!

22. Belle says:

Golden Boy is awesome!!! If CBS passes is there any chance NBC could pick it up???? They could use a show with this type of potential :) LOVE IT, it’s getting so much better with each episode!!!!

23. Renee says:

Woohoo!! Person Of Interest and Elementary!

24. Diane Vandrei says:

I love CSI NY and Vegas. Keeping fingers crossed they both will return. The Good Wife and The Mentalist are favorites too but Sundays is a bad choice to air them. They are always on later then their time slot due to sports running overtime. Some viewers just choose to not watch because delayed shows run very late for those of us who work on Monday.

Diane V.

25. Violax says:

YES!!!! The Mentalist! we’ll know who RJ is! and they won’t ruin it over the hurry,thank god i’ll be orphan of Dexter &BBad over the summer, i say that’s enough! *joy*

26. Chris Ramsay says:

So glad that The Good Wife was renewed. It is definitely in my top 5 favourite shows on air at the moment!

27. Bonnie Maynes says:

I sooooooooo glad that The Mentalist is renewed. It’s the best show on TV.

28. Lisa says:

I really hope CSI:NY comes back for another season. The cast, crew, and fans deserve one more year.

29. Name says:

“Fridays is the place where TV shows go to die” is what I have often heard……..so wasn’t surprised that Vegas is not on renewal list……But I love the show and hope it gets a last minute resurrection …..not looking hopeful for them however.
    Hope Golden Boy gets a nod, but also not looking hopeful. Hope somebody cancels The Following. I wanted to follow Kevin Bacon, but it’s gotten too gruesome for me…..had to bow out of watching it.

• KoshN says:

“Fridays is the place where TV shows go to die” USED TO BE the case until the last two years. With not enough time for all of the good shows during the Monday to Thursday Primetime span, networks started programming for Friday nights again. :D Now, only Saturday nights is the place where shows go to die and/or have new episodes of already cancelled shows burned off.

30. Beto says:

Mike and Molly?? for real?? I wonder why they keep renewing it as well as Rules of Engagement

31. Pamela says:

Sick of Survivor and TAR. Those shows have worn out their welcome. Need some fresh stuff!

• Rhonda Roland says:

Oh my goodness YES CANCEL Survivor & TAR!!!! Enough already I think THEY ARE actually having a hard time finding “new spots & people to be on them–hence all the repeat casts!!

32. Pepper Weeks says:

Come on CBS give Golden Boy another season it’s really getting good and I’m part of your golden demographic!!!!

33. Jon says:

Not crazy about Goldenboy. The rest of the series hasn’t lived up to the pilot episode. Wouldn’t miss it if it were not renewed. Glad about Elementary and Hawaii Five-0.

34. Terry says:

I am most concerned about Smash. It is my favorite show and i will miss it. I don’t understand why good family entertainment gets cancelled and shows like TWO AND A HALF MEN AND MIKE AND MOLLY STAY ON OH AND ADD 2 BROKE GIRLS TO THAT LIST THESE SHOWS ARE JUST PLAIN FILTH AND STUPIDITY. i HAVE WANTED M&M TO RETURN TO THE BEGINNING WHEN IT WASNT ALL INUENDO AND FILTH BUT THAT HASN’T HAPPENED I STOPPED WATCHING MEN 2 SEASONS AGO AND STOPPED WATCHING M&M RECENTLY.IT IS THE ONLY SOLUTION I CAN SEE TO MY PROBLEM JUST TURN IT OFF. I JUST FEEL BAD THAT WHEN SOMEONE WRITES A SHOW PEOPLE CAN WATCH WITH THEIR FAMILIES THAT SHOW GETS CANCELLED.

• KoshN says:

2 Broke Girls is the worst of your list. Two and a Half Men has gotten better this season, but isn’t for kids. Mike and Molly is still funny, and has nowhere near the filth and stupidity of 2 Broke Girls’ writing.

• Rachel says:

I totally agree with you! 2BG is AWFUL! It’s not even that funny! I still like 2 1/2 Men also but agree that it is not for kids. M&M is funny!

35. Beverly says:

Vegas is just now coming into its’ own. If they’d put in on a decent night and time and leave alone, CBS might be surprised. Rules of Engagement is a very clever show; great ensemble case.

36. CW says:

The Good Wife!!! Hooray! So, so happy!

37. ollie says:

yay for poi and the good wife. they should just let rules and men go dont know why or how either keeps going.

• KoshN says:

Rules of Engagement keeps going because it’s GOOD and the cast is GREAT. There is no weak link on the main cast.

38. DSG says:

My fingers are crossed for Golden Boy. I am loving the show. AND, I hope what you stated about CM is true – just waiting on contracts. The others, eh… if Michael Chiklis role was given to someone else, I’d start watching Las Vegas again.

39. Dawn says:

I REEAAALLLY want CSI-NY back! I hated Miami, and am only recently re-interested in the Vegas edition since adding Ted Danson, but I have ALWAYS been a huge fan of NY!!!

• KoshN says:

I couldn’t stand CSI:Miami (Horatio and his co-starring sunglasses and teleportation ability, Boa Vista’s utter incompetence and jumping to conclusions, idiot Delko, etc.). The only good parts were Calleigh Duquesne and Wolf. By the time they got to the episode “Rio” (where Horatio and Delko never should have made it out of the jungle. Their stupidity should have gotten them killed.), I couldn’t take it anymore and dropped this show. Unfortunately, it appears that some of the people who made CSI:Miami so painfully bad, have found work on CSI (Las Vegas) and CSI:NY with illogical plots on the latter and overpoweringly loud music on both.

40. Sophonisbe says:

I’m happy for TGW. Now, hopefully, the writers will think of a good plot to erase season 4 of our memory, and CBS will find an other day to show it – because let’s be honest, sunday doesn’t help with the ratings.

41. JC says:

Oh wow. I wasn’t worried about any of my other shows, but am very relieved about The Mentalist!

42. Linda Piper says:

Big sigh of relief about The Mentalist. Most worried about Criminal Minds.As to CSI NY ,lets be honest the decision not to renew this year, was made when CSI Miami was cancelled.If only someone had the courage to cancel the plethora of “reality” shows that are anything but.

43. Lexi says:

I am liking Goldenboy don’t cancel it!!, give it a chance, the show is just getting good, and finding its footing.

44. rty123 says:

Yes, The Good Wife, Yes. Definitely best drama on network TV.

45. Tinemi says:

OH I just hope they renew CSI:NY and Criminal Minds with all the team. We’ve already lost Prentiss I wouldn’t want to say goodbye to another character.

46. My wife and I are strictly CBS people with few exceptions. Golden boy is mildly interesting but nothing i couldnt do without. Vegas however is a great show ! CSI NY too! Undercover boss was interesting for about 3 shows. Who are the fools still interested in Survivor? Its a show about the same things and mostly the same people. OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER.. Between Vegas and Golden boy. How can you compare Micheal Chiklis and Dennis Quaid to the cast of Golden boy? Not even a competition.. I swear if rules of engagement goes off the air again im going to be mad!

47. Chris H says:

Hopefully Criminal Minds will get renewed still. but what I find intresting is they renewed most of their shows and ordered the most pilots. could get intresting for them if a bunch of the new pilots turn out well they could have some hard choices.

48. Mike Ray says:

Vegas is one of my favorites. Hope it comes back. 2 Broke Girls I can’t figure out. Worse acting I have ever seen. Must be getting ratings because of the hits around it. People are too lazy to change the channel. Not me though.

• KoshN says:

I used to watch 2 Broke Girls but the writing tot be too stupid to tolerate. I didn’t used to watch Mike and Molly but decided to give it a chance when I dropped 2 Broke Girls a couple of months ago and I *like* Mike and Molly, now. I now program my timer recordings specifically to miss 2 Broke Girls.