The Heroes and Profit alum — who currently co-stars on ABC Family’s not-yet-renewed Lying Game — has booked a major recurring role on the USA Network drama as Randall Burke, a former special ops soldier who may now be running a terrorist ring.
No stranger to playing a Big Bad, Pasdar’s character is described by The Hollywood Reporter, who first reported the casting, as a “dangerous and unpredictable” wild card who won’t hesitate to kill anyone who lands on his bad side.
Burn Notice Season 7 bows this summer.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Veteran Major League Baseball analyst Tim McCarver announced Wednesday his plans to step down from his position with MLB on FOX following the impending season’s World Series in October. “Although I am neither tired of broadcasting baseball nor have I in any way lost my interest in baseball, with which I have been associated as a player and broadcaster for 55 years, it’s time to cut back,” McCarver said in a statement. “I am very proud to have been a part of all the things that make this game so special for all of us who follow it day-to-day, week-to-week and year-to-year.”
• Are Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin bringing their New Years Eve act to CNN’s everyday lineup? Per Deadline, the duo recently shot a top-secret pilot for the news network that reportedly took place in front of a live audience and had “a lot of humor in it.”
• Netflix has given the green light to Sense8, a new 10-episode sci-fi drama from Matrix helmers Andy and Lana Wachowski. The series, which is slated to bow in late 2014, is described as “a gripping global tale of minds linked and souls hunted.”
• Tucker Carlson has been named the new co-host of Fox News’ Fox and Friends Weekend, Deadline reports. The former co-host of CNN’s Crossfire currently acts as a contributor for the cabler.
• Judge Joe Brown is coming to an end after a 15-year run in syndication, Broadcast & Cable reports.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?