Nashville Sneak Peeks: Deacon Plays Doctor With a New Gal - But Is She Just a Distraction?

Nashville‘s Deacon might want to think twice about cursing Juliette for his furry birthday present. After all, as we see in this clip from Wednesday’s episode (ABC, 10/9c), the still-unnamed critter brings him into contact with the lovely — and new to town — vet (played by Susan Misner, The Americans).

RELATEDNashville Hot Shots: Katie Couric Grills Rayna, Peggy Is Hit by Lamar’s Unwelcome Wagon

Press PLAY to watch Deke flirt it up with the animal doc, then scroll down for another peek at the episode.

Loading video...

Their “lunch” went rather well, according to the next clip. Still, Coleman has a feeling his pal’s heart isn’t in it. “You ain’t just hooked on booze and pills, you strung out on Rayna Jaymes,” he says. Preach, Coleman. Press PLAY to see Deacon get served.

Loading video...

Now hit the comments: Would you like to see Deacon try harder with the vet? Or do you hold out hope for him and Rayna?

1. Give us Rayna & Deacon already and everybody including the Deacster will be happy.

2. tornado says:

we need another Deacon and Rayna duet.

3. Kate says:

I’m not so fussy on the whole Rayna/Deacon thing. I think he could do better, she seems self involved. ewwwww here it comes LOL

4. Whatever says:

Man he’s smooth.

5. I think I fell in love with the puppy, he’s so cute ^^ And IDGAF about the Vet, she’s no big deal.

6. Sunny says:

I think I would want Deacon with Rayna, but that was until we found out that her eldest daughter isn’t Teddy’s biological child. I could understand Rayna keeping that from Deacon when he was still strung out, but the man has been sober for years now. She should have told him the truth when she realized he was sober and wasn’t doing drugs anymore. And even if they do end up together, what kind of relationship can they possibly have with this big of a secret hanging over them?

• Well I think it’s obvious that they have to reveal the paternity first before they revive their romantic relationship. As for the reason why she never told him – Connie is wondering about that too and since she’s a producer on the show I think she won’t settle for a half ass explanation why she didn’t tell him all these years.

“I was actually thinking about that in the shower this morning, which is weird because I don’t usually spend my random hours thinking about Rayna’s problems, but this morning I was like, ‘Why is she keeping this a secret from him for so long?’ I have to talk to Callie [Khouri, creator of Nashville] about that. I can’t imagine keeping a secret for that long that is that huge from somebody that you love so much.” – CB

• the girl says:

I totally agree. The longer she goes without telling him, the more I think Deacon should just move on. Not to mention the awful way she handled revealing her divorce to him, and the whole flirtatious night with Liam – that never should’ve happened. Rayna is a big ole stinking pile of hot mess. I mean, I love her, but she is a hot mess, and she’s got the nerve to think Juliette’s got issues. When it comes to love, Rayna is addicted to sabotage. Deacon needs to leave her alone so she can go handle her road to recovery.

7. sladewilson says:

Coleman is the man.

8. r m cepp says:

Deacon and Rayna, she deserves a good man like him after that awful husband of hers. Such a wuss.

9. Jeri says:

I like Deacon & Rayna, they could (maybe LOL) take it slow & see how it goes.

10. Cat Langdon says:

Love Deacon and Rayna, I’d love to see them together, working on working it out.

• connie says:

I hope so too. I can understand the Liam thing. She wanted something that would go nowhere for a few moments, to let it all out and not have to worry about what would happen if she did. It made sense. But, the Deacon thing is real and the duets are so fantastic,
      Also Grandpa has the goods on Teddy, so he better watch out.

11. Joanne says:

Of course I’m with everyone else I want to see Rayna and Deacon together. But if he is the father of Maddie and he is told now I think their relationship will be put in jeopardy again.