Fun Grimm Exclusive: Peek Inside Nick's Books for a Look at This Week's Mysterious Wesen

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

In this Friday’s Grimm (NBC, 9/8c), a dastardly Wesen targets a video game company. As if it’s not enough that the monster is killing at will, the cryptic messages he leaves behind demand that his pursuers guess his name.

Nick and Hank wind up on the trail of this online Rumplestiltskin — and with this exclusive page from the Grimm’s library, you can be, too.

RELATEDGrimm Exclusive: Former Wire Politico Cast in Mysterious Season-Ending Arc

Peruse the page below for more info on the mysterious killer, then visit the show’s Facebook and Twitter pages for more excerpts from Nick’s secret tomes. And make sure to hit the comments below: How many aliases for Rumplestiltskin can you uncover?

Grimm Season 2 Spoilers

Tags: ,

Comments (20)

• And the torture of the German language continues… well, at least this time, it’s almost a real word.

Comment by Heseltine – March 26, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its a fantasy show..it’s not real so who cares if its real Deutche or not? Im German and it doesnt bother me a bit. Its all in fun…Ser Shon. :) Maybe Peggy Hill — Temporary Spanish teacher on Hank Hill (also a fantasy show) — should be hired on as a writer and they can use some of her Spanish words! LOL :) That would be funny!

Comment by Rune – March 26, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s kinda easy to find Germanic words to fit these creatures

Comment by Shaun – March 26, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Get over it and yourself, Heseltine. Its fantasy show not something that’s real. Unless perhaps you are under the delusion that there are Vessen prowling about.

Comment by Spade13z – March 26, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? Its NOT real? Awwww…..my bubble has been burst. ;)

Comment by Rune – March 26, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • One never knows. My name translates fron German to English as bad or evil and I live 40 miles outside of Portland…..we are prowling everywhere. ;)

Comment by Sandy Schlecht – March 26, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • German is no stranger to torture, my god how many ‘the’s’ does a language need? Luckily the only people I speak German to, tend to be non native German speakers and we use it as a bridge language, so no one much cares if we’re fudging the grammar.

Comment by moobear – March 26, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want to add to other comments here and say that medieval German was VERY different from modern German. Even modern German translators have trouble with the medieval, because there were regional variations & many different dialects. Germany didn’t become a single unified state until mid-1800′s. Standardized German language would have come after that. Do I think Grimm writers are using medieval German? Probably not, but who knows? To be strictly accurate Nick’s book would have been written in medieval German or in different dialects, at the very least.

Comment by LPD – March 26, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I´m German and I have fun with these pseudo-german words. ^^ And “Fuchsteufelswild” is a real German saying.
      The texts in Nicks book are not in medieval German or different dialects. More like google translator. It doesn´t bother me. I´m not looking the show for accurate German, but because it is a great show.
      (and sorry for my bad english)

Comment by Viv – March 26, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • sorry, didn´t want to reply. misclick.

Comment by Viv – March 26, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bad English, ha! I don’t doubt you speak my mother tongue better then I do :)
        Any which moo, thanks for letting us know a German’s perspective

Comment by moobear – March 26, 2013 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it’s a kind of a German pig Latin spoken by 5th generation in the segregated Volga German/Russian neighborhood in St Johns north Portland. And if you think that’s a language slaughter try the street slang mixed Vietnamese..

Comment by Jimmy Tee – March 26, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe that someone has a hang up on whether or not the German is “correct” or not, this is for entertaining purposes only. Give me a break. If you can’t watch the show and enjoy it don’t watch it! Just my opinion.

Comment by Dawn – March 26, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, does anyone know when we can see this in the UK? I watched all the others (age 51) with my daughter and loved it!

Comment by Claire – March 27, 2013 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Claire,

You can see all of the episodes online: http://www.nbc.com/grimm/. I watch on tv when I can, but otherwise, I catch up by watching on NBC’s website.

~Katze

Comment by Katze – March 28, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this a “hopping mad” wolverine? “Synonyms” listed in Wikipedia include:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumpelstiltskin –> Khlamushka Whuppity Stoorie Gilitrutt Joaidane Ruidoquedito

Comment by David Stephen Ball-Romney – March 27, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s an error in the English, too. “Shutter” should be “shudder.” #Grimmscan’tspell

Comment by Helena Ahlstrom Jole – March 27, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • German here, too. It doesn’t bother me that some names for Wesen are a bit weird or a mix of German and English (Skalenzahn ftw), actually that’s kinda funny – this one is pretty accurate btw, I guess ‘hopping mad’ is a good translation. :)

Comment by LSF – March 27, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who wrote the text on the illustration? Spelling is horrible!
    Love the show, and my German boyfriend gets a huge kick out of the funny German names.

Comment by Katze – March 28, 2013 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post