Exclusive Arrow Video: Watch Oliver Leap Across the City — and Lose His Temper With Felicity!

Get More: Exclusive, Video

Watch out, Superman.

This Wednesday’s Arrow (The CW, 8/7c) proves that you don’t need superpowers or a cape to leap from building to building. In this exclusive first look, Oliver seemingly defies gravity as he races across The Glades to stop a killer who calls himself “The Savior”  – then makes Felicity’s spirits crash and burn when he lashes out at her.

RELATED | Arrow Upgrades Manu Bennett to Series Regular

Star Stephen Amell makes the action look effortless — still, don’t try this in your neighborhood underworld — but the way he snaps at everyone’s favorite IT girl when she leads him to the wrong address? That, coupled with her own guilt at having failed The Savior’s victim, hurts.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (35)

• This show could always use more parkour, but what was up with the bootleg-quality sound? Was that just me?

Comment by wordsmith – March 26, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, never mind – it’s actually the sound of all that running and jumping coming through Oliver’s bluetooth.

Comment by wordsmith – March 26, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is that what it is? Because it seems like a really bad sound mix.

Comment by Playhouse – March 26, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That was what I thought at first too. But yeah, it seems to be the real sound of Stephen Amell (or his double, perhaps) coming through the live mic he’s wearing.

Comment by wordsmith – March 26, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Though it may be a bad sound mix as well. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow…

Comment by wordsmith – March 26, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, his training really shines here.

Comment by kavyn – March 26, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This clip is awesome, I love this show. Can’t wait to see it tomorrow. Nicely done Steve Amell.

Comment by Cesar – March 26, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Felicity.. and an awesome clip. I can’t wait to tomorrow.

Comment by brb123 – March 26, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been waiting to see the reality of the life/death choices Oliver and Diggs are faced with each episode affect Felicity. It could (and should) lead to some great conversations between her and Oliver. In a funny way, she’s “him” before the boat & island stuff. The “normal person” about to be changed forever by the job. It’ll be interesting to see how that affects Oliver as he watches her go through that and change for better or worse. Can’t wait til this airs on tv. Not only is it a great show but any time you get Oliver and Felicity, it’s even better.

Comment by GildedRose – March 26, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think Felicity is like Oliver before the island. The Oliver before the island was a self-centered rich guy who cared more about himself than about anyone else. I think Felicity is the person he wishes he were, because she does care for others, but not like the person he used to be.

Comment by brb123 – March 26, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Felicity is really ‘good’; she’s driven and opinionated, but she’s not spoiled like Oliver was pre-island. Felicity is the type of person Oliver is fighting for, fighting to free his city for.

Comment by liz – March 26, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are missing the point, GildedRose is not saying that Felicity is a self centred brat like Oliver was. They are saying that Ollie used to be funny and dorky, laid back like Felicity is before the island changed him and he became cold and hard.

They are really alike if you remove the island barrier, which is why they work best in platonic/friendship like relationship. People like to think they are different and they couldnt be more wrong. If you know Oliver Queen to the core (the way I do, wink), then you would not be saying that.

Comment by K – March 26, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • K – thanks for explaining that “alike” comment.

I’m referring to a before/after “normalcy” aspect rather than the whole Oliver was a selfish yadd yadda yadda before the island changed him, but of the she has a normal life, is a normal person untainted by the things that rip blinders away about the realities of life, the bad things that can happen, the way people can betray you, etc. It’s a form of innocence, and once you lose it… it’s something to be mourned. In that respect, I think Oliver understands that about her and I think it could lead to very interesting conversations.

Comment by Garnet074 – March 26, 2013 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Normalcy and innocence parallel, cool. , That works too.

Comment by K – March 27, 2013 04:31 AM PDT
  • pooor felicity :( I hope oliver comforts her…

Comment by luli – March 26, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. A hug would be good :)

Comment by Bellaz – March 27, 2013 01:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow, now i’m looking forward to this ep! well, not that i wasn’t before but now even more! oliver and felicity should talk after and i need to see that

Comment by chestal – March 26, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to Ask Aus Oliver is going to console Felicity!! But in the end he is goin to call laurel or somethig like that… At least we get some Olicity!

Comment by luli – March 26, 2013 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • really?? yay!! olicityyyyy :D

Comment by chestal – March 26, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Felicity :( Looks like its going to be a good episode.

Comment by Ais – March 26, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :O OMG!!!!! This show just keeps getting better!!!! That scene is insane!!! :O

Comment by Andre – March 26, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stephen Amell is actually one hell of an athlete.

Comment by Renee – March 26, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goodness I love Felicity. The more of her the better. And props to Amell – the sheer amount of physical work he does to perform his role is remarkable.

Comment by liz – March 26, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily Bett Rickards is actually amazing. I just love Felicity, and Stephen’s stunt work is freaking insane!

Comment by IT girl – March 26, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW! To the amazing stunts by Stephen Amell, the physical training that must all take. Amazing Felicity. I love Emily Bett Rickards the moment her character entered. Oliver and Felicity have the best dynamic and most chemistry. The team: Ollie, Dig, and Felicity – just the best part of the show!
    I really don’t see it between Oliver and Laurel it was discouraging me from watching until Felicity came along.
    Fingers crossed for Olicity.
    Laurel ain’t my cup of tea

Comment by Katie – March 26, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed Katie! Love Olicity, looks good now that McKenna is toast!

Comment by Tina B. – March 26, 2013 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay.So excited for the episode.I just love Felicity and can’t wait to see what’s next after that scene.Plus, looking forward to any Olicity.They’re awesome together.

Comment by Jessie – March 26, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Felicity as much as the next person but I really this is where she shines – as Oliver’s FRIEND. Oliver and Laurel are the true love story of the show and though Laurel has not been written too well so far, I still think they should be endgame.

Comment by Ella – March 26, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU Voice of reason.

I love love Felicity too, but her and Oliver work best as a FRIENDSHIP, indeed they shine very well in a strong platonic friendship. They are the new Clark and Chloe, a good example of a strong male-female friendship. Even more so in this show because these two have a very strong sibling vibe. Yes Emily Bett Rickards is truly amazing, but that does not mean her character need to be romantically involved with the main character nor are they necessarrily right for each other, you can appreciate a strong female character/actor without thinking they need to be with a superhero lead to be badass. This is something some Clark/Chloe fans never understood either, and still dont, even when he was into Lana, and then chose Lois. Chloe was also as amazing as those girls, but he just liked her as a friend and she wasnt his type. Nothing wrong with that.

I fear now people do not know how to distinguish between Felicity and Felicity/Oliver, they are not the same. Just because one loves Felicity, and she is a favourite character does not automatically mean you have to ship her with the hunky superhero.. He is probably the best guy in the show but he may not be the best guy for Felicity.

Whether people like Oliver and Laurel or not. Ollie is not exactly available, his heart is taken by someone else. Sorry as a fan of Felicity I do not want that, she does deserve better. There are a number of us who love Felicity too and waiting for her to meet the right guy, shipping Felicity with Oliver doesn’t have to be the default at all. For now Im just going to appreciate the badass single lady that she is.

Comment by Loke – March 26, 2013 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ya i agree with you! oliver and felicity are the new chloe/clark and oliver and laurel are like lois/clark!

Comment by blondy – March 27, 2013 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • EXACTLY

A man can have both a girlfriend and a girl friend.

Comment by Loke – March 27, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That wasn’t so bad. Maybe it gets worse, but I doubt it. Last week he snapped at her when she walked in while he was dealing with The Huntress, but then he quickly regrouped and asked Felicity to leave more politely.

Comment by JBJ – March 26, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think he was just worried about her last week and wanted to get her away from Helena as quickly as possible but I do think Diggle should sit him down and be like “she is just an I.T girl don’t be so hard on her.” because I think Ollie sometimes forgets that she isn’t used to being in situations like these.

Comment by Katy – March 27, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s going to be interesting to see how Felicity deals with the tougher aspects of working with Oliver and Diggle. She’s not like them, she’s not a soldier, she hasn’t experienced that sort of world before. She brings an innocence to the group and holds a mirror up to how jaded and damaged Oliver has become as a result of his time on the island. I hope they show him understanding that and supporting her through it.

I like the dynamic between Oliver and Felicity – I think she’s good at bringing out the light in him. I wouldn’t mind the show investigating whether there’s anything romantic between them, I don’t think they’re ‘end game’, but I could see her getting a crush on him and him growing to see her in a different light. They remind me of Cordy/Angel – they’ll be people who say they’re better off as friends, and other’s who could say that they started as friends and grew to be more.

Either way, I like seeing romance In Oliver’s life and can’t stand Laurel at present, so hopefully there’s time to see where the Oliver/ Felicity friendship/relationship goes. YAY for a new episode, can’t wait. Loving this show.

Comment by sophia7470 – March 27, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post