Exclusive

Exclusive Arrow Video: Watch Oliver Leap Across the City -- and Lose His Temper With Felicity!

Watch out, Superman.

This Wednesday’s Arrow (The CW, 8/7c) proves that you don’t need superpowers or a cape to leap from building to building. In this exclusive first look, Oliver seemingly defies gravity as he races across The Glades to stop a killer who calls himself “The Savior”  — then makes Felicity’s spirits crash and burn when he lashes out at her.

RELATED | Arrow Upgrades Manu Bennett to Series Regular

Star Stephen Amell makes the action look effortless — still, don’t try this in your neighborhood underworld — but the way he snaps at everyone’s favorite IT girl when she leads him to the wrong address? That, coupled with her own guilt at having failed The Savior’s victim, hurts.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Loading video...

1. wordsmith says:

This show could always use more parkour, but what was up with the bootleg-quality sound? Was that just me?

2. kavyn says:

Wow, his training really shines here.

3. Cesar says:

This clip is awesome, I love this show. Can’t wait to see it tomorrow. Nicely done Steve Amell.

4. brb123 says:

Poor Felicity.. and an awesome clip. I can’t wait to tomorrow.

5. GildedRose says:

I’ve been waiting to see the reality of the life/death choices Oliver and Diggs are faced with each episode affect Felicity. It could (and should) lead to some great conversations between her and Oliver. In a funny way, she’s “him” before the boat & island stuff. The “normal person” about to be changed forever by the job. It’ll be interesting to see how that affects Oliver as he watches her go through that and change for better or worse. Can’t wait til this airs on tv. Not only is it a great show but any time you get Oliver and Felicity, it’s even better.

• brb123 says:

I don’t think Felicity is like Oliver before the island. The Oliver before the island was a self-centered rich guy who cared more about himself than about anyone else. I think Felicity is the person he wishes he were, because she does care for others, but not like the person he used to be.

• liz says:

Agreed. Felicity is really ‘good'; she’s driven and opinionated, but she’s not spoiled like Oliver was pre-island. Felicity is the type of person Oliver is fighting for, fighting to free his city for.

• K says:

You are missing the point, GildedRose is not saying that Felicity is a self centred brat like Oliver was. They are saying that Ollie used to be funny and dorky, laid back like Felicity is before the island changed him and he became cold and hard.

They are really alike if you remove the island barrier, which is why they work best in platonic/friendship like relationship. People like to think they are different and they couldnt be more wrong. If you know Oliver Queen to the core (the way I do, wink), then you would not be saying that.

• Garnet074 says:

K – thanks for explaining that “alike” comment.

I’m referring to a before/after “normalcy” aspect rather than the whole Oliver was a selfish yadd yadda yadda before the island changed him, but of the she has a normal life, is a normal person untainted by the things that rip blinders away about the realities of life, the bad things that can happen, the way people can betray you, etc. It’s a form of innocence, and once you lose it… it’s something to be mourned. In that respect, I think Oliver understands that about her and I think it could lead to very interesting conversations.

6. luli says:

pooor felicity :( I hope oliver comforts her…

7. chestal says:

wow, now i’m looking forward to this ep! well, not that i wasn’t before but now even more! oliver and felicity should talk after and i need to see that

8. Ais says:

Poor Felicity :( Looks like its going to be a good episode.

9. Andre says:

:O OMG!!!!! This show just keeps getting better!!!! That scene is insane!!! :O

10. Renee says:

Stephen Amell is actually one hell of an athlete.

11. liz says:

Goodness I love Felicity. The more of her the better. And props to Amell – the sheer amount of physical work he does to perform his role is remarkable.

12. IT girl says:

Emily Bett Rickards is actually amazing. I just love Felicity, and Stephen’s stunt work is freaking insane!

13. Katie says:

WOW! To the amazing stunts by Stephen Amell, the physical training that must all take. Amazing Felicity. I love Emily Bett Rickards the moment her character entered. Oliver and Felicity have the best dynamic and most chemistry. The team: Ollie, Dig, and Felicity – just the best part of the show!
    I really don’t see it between Oliver and Laurel it was discouraging me from watching until Felicity came along.
    Fingers crossed for Olicity.
    Laurel ain’t my cup of tea

14. Jessie says:

Okay.So excited for the episode.I just love Felicity and can’t wait to see what’s next after that scene.Plus, looking forward to any Olicity.They’re awesome together.

15. Ella says:

I like Felicity as much as the next person but I really this is where she shines – as Oliver’s FRIEND. Oliver and Laurel are the true love story of the show and though Laurel has not been written too well so far, I still think they should be endgame.

• Loke says:

THANK YOU Voice of reason.

I love love Felicity too, but her and Oliver work best as a FRIENDSHIP, indeed they shine very well in a strong platonic friendship. They are the new Clark and Chloe, a good example of a strong male-female friendship. Even more so in this show because these two have a very strong sibling vibe. Yes Emily Bett Rickards is truly amazing, but that does not mean her character need to be romantically involved with the main character nor are they necessarrily right for each other, you can appreciate a strong female character/actor without thinking they need to be with a superhero lead to be badass. This is something some Clark/Chloe fans never understood either, and still dont, even when he was into Lana, and then chose Lois. Chloe was also as amazing as those girls, but he just liked her as a friend and she wasnt his type. Nothing wrong with that.

I fear now people do not know how to distinguish between Felicity and Felicity/Oliver, they are not the same. Just because one loves Felicity, and she is a favourite character does not automatically mean you have to ship her with the hunky superhero.. He is probably the best guy in the show but he may not be the best guy for Felicity.

Whether people like Oliver and Laurel or not. Ollie is not exactly available, his heart is taken by someone else. Sorry as a fan of Felicity I do not want that, she does deserve better. There are a number of us who love Felicity too and waiting for her to meet the right guy, shipping Felicity with Oliver doesn’t have to be the default at all. For now Im just going to appreciate the badass single lady that she is.

16. JBJ says:

That wasn’t so bad. Maybe it gets worse, but I doubt it. Last week he snapped at her when she walked in while he was dealing with The Huntress, but then he quickly regrouped and asked Felicity to leave more politely.

• Katy says:

I think he was just worried about her last week and wanted to get her away from Helena as quickly as possible but I do think Diggle should sit him down and be like “she is just an I.T girl don’t be so hard on her.” because I think Ollie sometimes forgets that she isn’t used to being in situations like these.

17. sophia7470 says:

I think it’s going to be interesting to see how Felicity deals with the tougher aspects of working with Oliver and Diggle. She’s not like them, she’s not a soldier, she hasn’t experienced that sort of world before. She brings an innocence to the group and holds a mirror up to how jaded and damaged Oliver has become as a result of his time on the island. I hope they show him understanding that and supporting her through it.

I like the dynamic between Oliver and Felicity – I think she’s good at bringing out the light in him. I wouldn’t mind the show investigating whether there’s anything romantic between them, I don’t think they’re ‘end game’, but I could see her getting a crush on him and him growing to see her in a different light. They remind me of Cordy/Angel – they’ll be people who say they’re better off as friends, and other’s who could say that they started as friends and grew to be more.

Either way, I like seeing romance In Oliver’s life and can’t stand Laurel at present, so hopefully there’s time to see where the Oliver/ Felicity friendship/relationship goes. YAY for a new episode, can’t wait. Loving this show.