Exclusive

Exclusive Vampire Diaries Video: Cure-Obsessed Rebekah Gets Physical with Katherine

On Thursday’s Vampire Diaries (The CW, 8/7c), Katherine and Rebekah will fight for dibs on the cure by slinging insults — and breaking bones — and we’ve got exclusive video of the confrontational meeting between the lady vamps.

PHOTOS | Vampire Diaries Sneak Peek: Elijah Returns! Plus, Klaus Gets Shirtless With Caroline!

Katherine — who’s not about to give up the goods — can’t believe that the Original actually wants to take the magic vampire “do-over.”

“Are you really that dumb or just naturally blonde?” she sasses to Rebekah, before pointing out that the cure will take away her immortality, but “everything else you hate about yourself, you’ll still wake up with them in the morning.”

The dig causes Rebekah to retaliate physically. But before things escalate further, two unexpected guests show up.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek and then hit the comments with your thoughts!

Loading video...

1. Jasmine says:

Katherine and Rebekah. Dreams do come true.

2. maki says:

Looks great! I love Becca! And Katharina is aiming directly into her heart! Intense! Let’s see how this will end!

3. Sayid says:

I’m so glad the writers are bringing Katherine, the best character ever on the show, back. What a stupid move it was to sideline her for Klaus. And now Katherine and Rebekah? That sounds awesome.

4. peacelight says:

I love that both Stephan and Damon showed up, it just made that scene even more awesome

5. luli says:

Katherine and Rebekah on the same scene? that’s just amazing, and congrats to Nina she does a great job portraying katherine, even the way she talks is so different from Elena… kudos! and Is Claire Holt a regular yet or is she goin to be on The Originals?

• MaryAnn says:

Claire Holt will be on The Originals.

• luli says:

noooooooooooooo :( well at least i can hope that pheobe tonkin and Claire will share a scene or two together!

• iMember says:

I seriously hope that Rebekah and Hayley can be like BFFs on The Originals. Just so Phoebe Tonkin and Claire Holt can share many scenes together.

• Faster says:

Agreed. She does a great job making the two seem completely different, which makes it even more annoying how everyone is now arguing that Elena without her humanity is simply a Katherine 2.0….

6. MaryAnn says:

I am just hoping that once The Originals gets going, there will be at least a couple of hours a year of crossover episodes. The dynamics and chemistry between the casts of the two shows are too good to give up.

7. Dawn says:

I’m getting an error saying “Error loading media. File could not be played”

8. sls says:

Yes! Can’t wait for this episode. Emotionless Elena, Rebekah, and Katherine all in the same little town…priceless! Where’s Elena in this scene? Off pretending to be Katherine to get information about the cure? That would be a great change of pace!

9. VampKingBill says:

Katherine and Elijah back. About time, damn it. The show needs them desperately.

10. FabBeyotch says:

I am literally dying right now! I need to remember to breathe xD So excited that Katherine is back <3

11. Nikki says:

I am happier than I’ve been in the past two seasons of TVD! Katherine is FINALLY back AND interacting with Rebekah and to top off all this awesomeness: enter the Salvatore brothers! Why they waste their time on Elena when they have these two fierce, kick butt women in their vecinity is beyond me! Cannot wait for Thursday!

12. Hodan says:

“Are you really that dumb or just naturally blonde?” I didn’t mean to but that just made me laugh.
    I love Rebekah but Katherine just seems more cutthroat to me.

Damon just steals the whole scene for me when he sits down smirking.

13. Katalina says:

Although I love Elena, I have to admit that a b^*+h fight between Katherine and Rebekah would just be simply awesome. If Elijah does come back thn YAY!!! I love the brotherly chemistry between him and Klaus.

Also I preferred Klaus when he didn’t give a damn about anything but his hybrids and would do anything to get Elena’s blood BUT I also think its cute how he pines for Caroline and spends so much of his time caring what she thinks about him…

Looks like this could very well be my favourite episode yet

14. jnazario416 says:

Being that Elijah is coming back I bet he would be the one to get Elena’s humanity back. Just a hunch and a prayer. But I’m so excited for Katherine’s return this is going to be interesting.

• Cathy O. says:

No, I doubt Elijah will have anything to do with getting Elena’s humanity back. I think it will be her love for either Stefan or Damon that will bring her back (hopefully Damon).

15. n says:

“Are you really that dumb or just naturally blonde?” omg, u speak it out for me! like it K!

16. Pat Brown says:

Nina does do a great job playing Katherine, the same ol rotten girl I love to hate. Sorry the guys showed up was hopeing Rebekah would break her neck.

17. sarah says:

So happy Elijah is back!

18. Susan says:

This show is so friggin “LAME”. I give up, I have stopped watching completely now. The story line is just pathetic….I wish they would just kill them all and put them out of their pathetic misery.

19. Julia says:

Hoping for some Kat/Elijah scenes!

20. Cathy O. says:

I am so excited to see Elijah will be back! I can’t wait to see tomorrow’s episode. Definitely not looking forward to another hiatus though after tomorrow’s episode. Ugh!

21. Symona says:

TVD really needed Katherine back .. look, now I’m back to loving it ;)