Exclusive

Exclusive Shameless First Look: Watch Fiona and Jimmy's Epic Clash -- Whose Side Are You On?

On this Sunday’s penultimate Season 3 episode of Shameless (Showtime, 9/8c), Jimmy’s plan to go to medical school in Michigan triggers an altercation with girlfriend Fiona, and we’ve got your exclusive first look at the big, nasty blowout.

RELATED | Showtime Renews House of Lies, Californication and Shameless for Another Season

At first, Fiona is angry that her boyfriend leased a studio apartment behind her back, a clear sign that he was planning to go to Michigan alone. Then the argument intensifies when Jimmy points out that she also made a major life decision — becoming her siblings’ legal guardian — without consulting him.

“There never was ‘we,'” he screams, before complaining about all aspects of Gallagher life, including “cooking, cleaning, laundry” and “living in a goddamn slum!”

Ouch.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek and then hit the comments with an answer to the question posed in the headline above!

Loading video...

1. Shayna says:

Soo much love for this show

2. That wasn’t the penultimate episode, there’s two episodes left.

3. lisa says:

He meant this Sundays is the penultimate episode obviously. I love this show but jimmy is the weakest link for me. Id be happy to see him and jody both go. Give Fiona someone worthy of this cast and incredible television show. So underrated

• MzTeaze says:

Fully agree! I hope Jimmy goes to Michigan and take Jody with him.

• Tommy M. says:

Completely agree! I actually think the writers are planning a new love interest from Fiona with her boss at the temp job. It’s obvious that he’s attracted to her. Could be interesting to see where that goes.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Video won’t play but I wish she would support Jimmy more. He’s trying to better himself which in turn will help her and the family. He completely changed his life to be with Fiona and she acts like it was expected. I realize she has a lot on her plate but honestly, can she stop for a second and think of him for once.

• Josh says:

So she should leave the kids behind? Jmmy’s become a scumbag this season. He cheated on her. He knows what Fiona’s priorities are. She isn’t thinking about herself. She’s thinking about her family.

• wrstlgirl says:

Um, no. I didn’t say that. I said I wished she would support him more. Of course she’s not going to pick up and leave with him, that would be ridiculous. But she could be supportive of his decision to go back to school rather than getting all pissy about it. I don’t think that’s to much to ask. As far as him cheating on her. I’m not condoning that but he’s trying to stay alive and also be there for Fiona at the same time.

• Josh says:

True, she can say “Okay go…I support you”…but I don’t think him cheating on Fiona had anything to do with him wanting to stay alive. He didn’t need to have sex with her. He wanted too.

• wrstlgirl says:

Maybe, maybe not. Daddy made it perfectly clear that he was to be there for his daughter, day and night, or he would end up like Marco who he killed and chopped up for shark bait right in front of him, even made him help if I remember correctly. All it would take is one little comment from Essey and Jimmy could be dead.

• Faster says:

It’s be easier for her to support him if she had even the slightest idea of what he’s really dealing with. He hasn’t bothered to share anything with her. He’s definitely a douchebag this season. I miss S1 Steve.

• wrstlgirl says:

it’s difficult to have a conversation with someone who doesn’t give you the time to do so. This is a two way street, both are at fault here.

• Faster says:

Completely disagree. The “hey, I’m still married and my wife’s scary dad has me by the balls, by the way I’m broke, have to sneak into my wife’s bedroom to fool INS, and this guy is following me now” conversation is important enough that he could grab her attention for five minutes. True, they are both at fault, but only because Fiona has no idea that he is actually dealing with some real issues. I have a heard time believing that she would be so unsympathetic toward him if she no longer saw him as the lazy rich boy. Instead of having this conversation, he cheats on her. It’s not altogether surprising though. Most of the guys on this show are complete wimps.

• DN says:

Jimmy has been an upstanding characters this season. Being ‘Mr. Mom’ (have you not seen his time with Liam?), getting a real job. That’s a scumbag? He’s entangled in one mess from early in season 2, and he’s trying to deal with it on his own, without bringing Fiona in, perhaps because she has her hands full with her dysfunctional family.

A scumbag would’ve bailed on the family and taken care of himself. Get some perspective.

• Maggie says:

From the beginning she’s made it clear that her siblings are her life. He didn’t take the warning and continued to barge into her life. He says these sweet things about how they can do it together. Well, obviously not. And let’s not forget, he’s been lying to and cheating on Fiona for quite some time now. I don’t think someone like him deserves to be supported more. She’s better off without him.

• wrstlgirl says:

Maybe if she didn’t treat him like a goal post he wouldn’t be cheating. Everyone, men and women, need to be appreciated once in awhile. But yeah, you’re right. I think they both would be better off moving on.

• tripoli says:

That’s just crap. She’s been plenty kind, supportive and apreciative of him. He always knew what he would be getting into if he decided to be in a relationship with Fiona, can’t start crying about it now. She doesn’t have the time or energy to stroke his wounded ego, day and night. Dude’s, been a straight up ass all season. He deserves to be treated as such. And, if she’s been treating him so terribly, he’s free to leave at any time. Staying and cheating is not cool, no matter how he may feel.

• Faster says:

“She doesn’t have the time or energy to stroke his wounded ego.” Exactly. This just emphasizes the difference between these two. In the lifestyle he is used to, he has the time to sit around and be upset about things, and in Fiona’s life, you take a minute to yourself, man up and get stuff done. I hope these two can eventually work it out, but he’s really dug himself a hole this time. I’m pulling for her and the new boss.

• Heather says:

I agree. I might have had a different opinion up until Fiona just dismissed Jimmy’s feelings of his father being gay as if it were nothing. May have been nothing to her, but like he said his world was turned upside down by it , so she should have been more understanding and could have been a bit more attentive to his feelings. After that, why would Jimmy want to share anything he’s going through with Fiona?

• Kristen says:

Agree with the “Jimmy’s a scumbag this season” comments. There’s no reason for him to keep the marriage/INS stuff from Fiona. That’s shady, not even counting him sleeping with Este. It’s not fair to say Fiona doesn’t listen to him because he never even TRIED to talk to her about it. If he had, and she brushed him off, I would give him a break on that. Also, I don’t think he wants to go to school to “better himself/help the family.” He saw his friends from college all better off than he was and realized how much he had tied himself down with the Gallaghers. He wants to go to school to get away IMO

5. sladewilson says:

Fiona has NO CLUE what Jimmy has sacrificed for her. He basically put his entire life through the crapper for her. How much easier would it have been for him to cut bait and literally live out his “marriage” with Estefania? Her dad would’ve given him money, they already have a duplex penthouse… Anyone wondering why he calls it “a goddamn slum”? Fiona’s world revolves around a family who takes her for granted.

• Josh says:

But what about Fiona? She sacrifices too. Sure it’s not for Jimmy, but it’s for her family. I’m sure deep down Fiona would LOVE to run off with Jimmy, become a doctor’s wife, and let it be. But how can she? She can’t leave the younger kids to Frank, she can’t really trust Lip, who despite always acting like he has it together, is really just a giant mess this close to be arrested. So what is Fiona supposed to do?

• tricey says:

i understand where you guys are coming from about jimmy “sacrificing” a lot for her but the fact of the matter is HE CHOSE to be with her. she didn’t pretend or hide her situation. she made it clear what her responsibilities were and laid all her baggage (drunken father, bi-polar mom, etc) out on the table and he KNEW she was/is all those kids have. he still pursued her and it was fine when all he had to do was hand her cash and didn’t have to physically or emotionally invest. wtf does he expect her to do? ditch the kids and leave them to the foster system? not to mention he’s been sleeping with estefania too or did no one but me notice that? steve doesn’t deserve fiona IMO

• tommy302 says:

It’s not like Jimmy didn’t know what he was getting into when he met Fiona. He chose to be with her knowing that she has a tough life and was raising her brothers and sister before she ever became their guardian.

6. Josh says:

I was with him until he called their house slum. I loved Emmy in that scene.

7. Josh says:

Umm team Fiona all the way! It isn’t like Fiona desired to have her young adulthood taken away. She did what needed to be done. Jimmy knows that for Fiona “her kids” will always come first. She’s practically always been their legal guardian. Jimmy cheated on her, lied to her, and just all around doesn’t get her. Fiona deserves better.

8. Amanda says:

I was “Team Fiona” until this clip. While I COMPLETELY understand what she is doing for her siblings, they are a couple and even if she was going to do it regardless of what he said, she should have AT LEAST ran it by him. That would have been the considerate thing to do. A simple..”I’m applying to be Guardian of my siblings and I’d understand if you didn’t want to do this with me. But, I can’t leave them alone and I’m going to do this with or without you.” Or something to this effect would have been enough for me to say, “Quit crying Jimmy”! That was a huge decision she made and Jimmy was correct, they are no longer a “I” they were a “We”. Though I have to keep reminding myself that they are only suppose to be in their early to mid 20’s, it’s not uncommon for him to behave like that.
    I wish though they would have stayed somewhat true to the original series, cause in the UK version she did go with him, but the father was a tad bit more responsible and Lip was older.

• Spencer says:

What she did was not a huge decision at all. Fiona’s formal guardianship is really no different than how they were living before. Since day one, Fiona has been the most consistent “parent” to her siblings. I don’t understand why Jimmy/Steve is acting like she made some radical change. It has been clear since the very first episode that Frank and Monica are/have always been worthless parents and that Fiona would continue to raise her siblings. The fact that Fiona signed guardianship papers only made it legal in the eyes of the law, but it changed absolutely nothing in terms of how this family lives. The fact that Jimmy/Steve thought that they would be leaving one day just shows that he never understood or respected how the Gallaghers live.

What he did may have been good for him (and the family) in the long run, but it was WAY more radical than what Fiona did. He is actually changing their everyday lives, while Fiona’s decision changed nothing.

• Faster says:

Agree, her formal guardianship is no change. And, more importantly, it isn’t something she should have had to consult Jimmy about. They aren’t married, and he knew the situation he was getting into.

• wrstlgirl says:

I disagree. The formal guardianship makes it permanent. Before there was always the chance that someday Fiona could have a life of her own. Signing those papers took away that opportunity and that’s when Jimmy really freaked out.

• Faster says:

If he thought that she would ever bail on her siblings, then he’s a true idiot. She was always going to be there for them, formal paperwork or not. Family is what made her attachment to them permanent. She has made it clear that her family is a priority. If it wasn’t, she would have left with him in S1. It’s been more than clear since then.

9. Whatever says:

I think it’s great that Jimmy is finally going back to Medical School however he has known Fiona’s situation from day one.
    I can understand Jimmy getting a little freaked that Fiona has made a commitment to raise 2 young kids but good grief it’s not the end of the world.

Jimmy chose to be there and make certain sacrifices it’s not her fault. And it was completely rude to call Fiona’s home a slum.

• Suz says:

3 kids: Liam, Carl, Debbie. Lip and Ian age out/graduate this season.

I never understood why Jimmy stays. They hardly interact as a dating couple due to everything is about keeping the household together. I support him going to Michigan and maybe have Lip and Ian move there too! She can date her new boss.

10. Lisa says:

what a dbag. he doesn’t deserve her. how dare he call her house a slum after everything shes been through. the HUGE difference between their situations is that he has always known where fiona stands with her siblings and he used to be the loving and supportive person she needed and deserved. now that his moneys gone and he has to work and actually be a normal person he cant handle it and cheats on her and lies. the only reason hes even going back to medical school is because he thinks being a doctor will be the easiest way for him to be rich again

11. Adam Lenhardt says:

I can’t imagine siding with Steve/Jimmy over Fiona. Here’s a young woman who’s dedicated her entire life to helping other people. Here’s a young man drowning in problems entirely of his own making. It’s a pretty easy choice.

12. Eliza says:

Um. I can actually see both of their sides, so, no team for me.
    I do love Fiona & Jimmy together. After his life took a major turn, Jimmy is now thinking of finishing his education and making more of his life (and, he hopes, Fiona is included in that). Good for him! I would love for Lip to follow and go to college (I just hate seeing people with amazing opportunities throw them away).
    And I get the kids will always come first but if Fiona is going to be in a serious relationship she needs to make that person a priority as well. The kids will grow up & have their own lives so she shouldn’t sacrifice everything. She made Jimmy feel so outside the circle at times & that his feelings didn’t matter…. I don’t blame him for disconnecting.

13. MM says:

This feels like the natural progression of things… The UK version had Steve/Fiona leave together at the end of the first season. I’m glad they stuck around in the US version, but it leaves their relationship in a dead end. I don’t see how Jimmy can stay on this show and still be with Fiona any longer. He’s been totally underused this season.

14. MzTeaze says:

Definitely Team Fiona here. Fiona doesn’t have the time to deal with Jimmy’s obvious immaturity. He’s been lying for the greater part of their relationship and his decision to go to medical school is yet another example of this. His going back to school is a smart move but he’s botched the handling of this decision every step of the way. His battleship will be completely sunk when Fiona finds out he is married to Essie too.

• Shirley says:

I totally agree. Fiona has had to be the grown up for a long time. Jimmy still doesn’t know what that means. I think Jimmy is in for a rude awakening re-entering Med School. I think he’s going to see it is a lot harder than he anticipates. He wants to be Fiona’s knight in shining armour but he needs to grow up.

15. Patricia says:

Great scene. I was actually with Jimmy for once, until he made that comment about the house. Ouch. This season’s been great. Emmy Rossum’s been killing it.

16. Ryan says:

Team Jimmy, hands down.
    I really don’t understand how people can side with Fiona on this.

• Whatever says:

You just don’t live and sleep with someone for over 2 years and then get on your high horse and tell her she lives in a slum.
      It’s just a douchebag thing to do.

17. Lily says:

I think both parties have been in the wrong all season. Fiona has been pretty dismissive of Jimmy and caught up with the kids this season. I don’t understand why she has not asked him about Estefania (she was around at the end of Season 2) and why she has not asked why he stopped stealing cars or why there is a car parked out front all the time? She does not seem to know how to factor him into her life or how to put some time into the relationship. I don’t condone the cheating on Jimmy’s part and I don’t undertand why Jimmy can be upfront with her in the beginning about going to Michigan for medical school. I am okay with Fiona have another boyfriend, but can it not be so cliche as the boss? I mean if the relationship goes south is she going to have find yet another job again?

18. Faster says:

Thank you for finally covering Shameless!!

19. its.still.me says:

IMHO Jimmy/Steve is not all that different from Frank. He’s a manipulative, immature, entitled, lying, con artist and has been from day one. I don’t doubt he has feelings for Fiona but since he’s been with Fiona when has he voluntarily told the truth about anything that matters? Think long and hard about this. There can be no “we” if only one person in that “we” is being honest.

Oh and I don’t think there is anything noble about him going back to med school. When he asked his friend about being a doctor, one of his first questions was about the money. When his friend told him about saving lives being the best part he kind of glossed over that. Also, the excuse of going away to med school is bound to make one feel less guilty (and look like less of a douche) than simply running away.

I will say this though…med school could put life in perspective for him so here’s to hoping that’s the case if he does decide to go.

• DN says:

Getting a real job. Caring for Liam. Buying braces for Carl. That’s immature? Perhaps you don’t understand what the word means. Just who has Jimmy manipulated? Seriously. Name one person.

And you doubt Jimmy has feelings for Fiona?? Try paying attention when watching the show. He’s declared his love for her multiple times (e.g. when he had to leave the US at the end of season 1 to when he told her he loved her on the baseball diamond a mere episode ago!).

20. Julia says:

If Emmy doesn’t get an Emmy nomination this year, the world is wrong.

21. Asashii Fustazi says:

i prefer the original UK series on channel 4 myself, the writers dont know what to do for the American version of Jimmy. Fiona and James McAvoy( Jimmy ) in the original show had already left the show by the end of Season 2. just not as outlandish as the UK version, the first 5 seasons were great, just went down hill from there and i dont see the US version lasting more than one more season itself!

22. DN says:

It’s funny how many people are on Fiona’s side. She’s been so absorbed in her dysfunctional family, that it took something obvious to see something amiss between Jimmy and her. She never talked to Jimmy about becoming guardian to her siblings. Let’s see how you feel when your significant other does something like that without talking to you, to just let you know that you matter.

Jimmy has been nothing but devoted to Fiona and her family (e.g. he bought Carl braces, and is consistently caring for Liam!), but the writing is making her look more sympathetic than him. And this whole fake marriage story line has been extremely weak, and I think the show runners agree. There’s been little screen time given to Estefania, much less her father.

23. JLG says:

Even Emmy Rossum (In her interview w/TVLine) doesn’t see the double standard of not discussing becoming the kids guardian w/ Jimmy before she takes the leap. “They’re not married”, says Emmy dismissively…but she expects Jimmy to discuss every last thought he may have about moving to Michigan (They’re not married, Emmy). Sadly, this is quite typical of even the most educated and liberated of women in today’s society. To earn my trust, you gotta give it all….every last bit…but when the shoe is on the other foot…we’re not married, it didn’t even cross my mind. I’ll make life changing decisions without even a “what do you think ?” But you can’t do the same…Jimmy’s character has flaws, but he gives more of himself and his resources to her and the kids (while trying to protect her from the mess Nando has forced on him) than many married men do….A marriage will fail if the couple doesn’t learn how to work things out ahead of time…A piece of paper or a ceremony won’t fix bad communication. If anything… it’ll make it worse. It’s not just about what she or he perceives a relationship should be like…it should be about what they mutually agree it should be like. It’s never always a 50/50 thing in the short run. But if you work HARD at communicating, and set good precedents BEFORE you get married. it will be a solid 50/50 relationship in the long run.

24. There are several brands on the market coming up along with exclusive design and patterns to help keep in view on the popularity of footwear. Refer to the actual much adorable manufacturer, Christian Louboutin, it is a great choice of women. [url=http://cheapschristianlouboutinheels.webs.com/]louboutin heels[/url%5