TBS Renews Cougar Town for Season 5

Get More: News, Renewals

Cougar TownWe’ll drink to this: TBS has renewed Cougar Town for a fifth season, the network announced on Monday.

Season 5, comprised of 13 episodes, will premiere in 2014.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Our Calendar of More Than 100 Season/Series Finales!

Cougar Town has been everything we hoped it would be: a smart, big-hearted, laugh-out-loud comedy that shines a bright light on the TBS brand,” TBS/TNT president Michael Wright said in touting the pick-up. “This season, the brilliant cast and immensely creative production team on Cougar Town have crafted their best episodes yet, and we couldn’t be happier inviting them back for more.”

RELATED | TBS Sets Premiere Dates for Men at Work, Donald Faison’s Who Gets the Last Laugh?

To date on TBS, Cougar Town has averaged 2.8 million weekly viewers (per Live+7 DVR data), with 1.7 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot, making it the cabler’s top original primetime series ever in both measures.

Season 4 of the Cul de Sac comedy is airing Tuesdays at 10/9c, with the finale set for April 9.

Tags: ,

Comments (63)

• I hope they pick up Happy Endings when ABC cancels it.

Comment by David4 – March 25, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This!

Comment by - – March 25, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • cosign!

Comment by marge – March 25, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ME TOO!!! ABC has their head up their butt lately.

Comment by Katie – March 25, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Would be a great pairing with ‘Cougar Town’ for sure.

Comment by hipster – March 25, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t watch either show “religiously”, but when it’s on or I’m bored I enjoy both. And the airing for a full hour would be great. Or have CT be on for 13 weeks, then have HE take over it’s timeslot for 13 weeks. Be perfect for the network.

Comment by David4 – March 25, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed.

Comment by Eric – March 25, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be great!

Comment by Kristina – March 25, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes yes yes ! Glad the culdesac crew will see the light of 2014 , just reeeeally hope the Happy Endings Clan does too!

Comment by schu – March 25, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! TBS save Happy Endings too!!

Comment by JAMANDAFAN – March 25, 2013 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!!!!

Comment by edlow – March 26, 2013 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!

Comment by CC – March 25, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s great news! I love the Cul-de-sac Crew. TBS seems to be a strong fit for Cougar Town. I hope they find a good comedy to pair it with and start building a comedy block of original programming that rivals the broadcast networks.

Comment by rowan77 – March 25, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!

I really hope TBS can save Happy Endings, too! That show is crazy underrated.

Comment by rachelle – March 25, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So exciting! I wouldn’t say this was the best season though! That would be season 2 probably

Comment by tvaddict – March 25, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this show belonged on cable Tbs respects it

Comment by dude – March 25, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penny Can!!!

Comment by strachpa – March 25, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!!

Comment by Royal Eduardo – March 25, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best News Ever!!!

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – March 25, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love you TBS! Keep Cougar Town going forever please!

Comment by Liz – March 25, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, Cougar Town renewed!!! Go, cul de sac, go!!! Happy for this

Comment by Hugo – March 25, 2013 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you know what is sad about this, every show cancelled by the networks, fans are going to believe they have a chance with their favorite cancelled show. In fairness, it is so not happening with 99% of cancelled shows.

Comment by I LOVE TV – March 25, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Those 99% of cancelled shows just aren’t Cougar Town, they don’t have that feel good factor and must see feel that Cougar Town gives every week it’s on. Congrats to all at Cougar Town and I hope this is the first of many, many pickups to come.

Comment by Scott – March 25, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why is that SAD? It’s nice to see that network TV isn’t the end of the line. Whether it’s cable or Netflix or a fan-sourced movie, it’s exciting to see our favorite shows having more chances. Just because not ALL cancelled shows will live on doesn’t mean it’s a negative thing. Way to be Debbie Downer about a nice perk.

Comment by Brooke – March 26, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy to hear Cougar Towns transition was a success.

Comment by Mike – March 25, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY go Cougar Town, along with Happy Endings, its my fav comedy. and the last episode was hilarious. I do wish they would play the reruns a few hours later or even one hour later so I could watch. I love TBS now. ALSO SAVE HAPPY ENDINGS

Comment by juan – March 25, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This calls for a new Grayson song!

Comment by zaza – March 25, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I get a WHAT WHAT?!

Comment by Kel – March 25, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY SO HAPPY!!

Comment by ollie – March 25, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pounding some grape tonight!!! Yay Cougar Town!!!

Comment by Eric – March 25, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why?

Comment by Pepper – March 25, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Working Girl and commented:
    One of my Top 5 current shows. Ignore the Courteney Cox botox. It’s hilarious.

Comment by juliasellers – March 25, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just tweeted Matt this question the other day. I’m taking this as my answer. Thank you very much!

Comment by RobMF – March 25, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! But why only 13 episodes??

Comment by Summer – March 25, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • because that is how cable does it

Comment by ggny – March 25, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But they got 15 episodes this season???

Comment by CJ – March 25, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think more shows should be about 13 episodes a season…trying to stretch it out means you end up with cheesy filler episodes. Maybe the major networks could learn a thing or two from the cable stations!

Comment by Lora – March 25, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NBC is doing that with Hannibal. And CBS already does it with Rules of Engagement, although that’s just an excuse to treat RoE like crap.

Comment by Zachary – March 25, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I’M SO HAPPY!

Comment by Mari – March 25, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!!!!!!!! TBS I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Comment by mia – March 25, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Picture if TBS picks up Community and how funny it would be to be paired with CT.

Comment by David4 – March 25, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just did the Troy wide-eye in response to this. That would be awesome!

Comment by creativkook – March 25, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I said this SAME exact thing somewhere else (maybe IMDb? Don’t exactly remember…). That would be perfection!!! I would be extremely happy. There are about 3 shows on network that get treated like crap that I think would be a good fit for TBS (Community being one of those shows), and TBS could pair them with Cougar Town for a 2 hour comedy block that would rival network comedy blocks. I’m proposing this: 2 hour comedy block of Cougar Town, Community, Happy Endings, and Suburgatory. Community, HE, and Suburgatory, all shows that struggle on their current network yet deserve a second breath of life. Sound familiar? In my mind, perfect matches for Cougar Town. TBS would definitely become must watch television if that happened!!!

Comment by Rob – March 25, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You say that as if NBC has already canceled Community. How do you know they’ll cancel it?

Comment by Bob – March 26, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! CT is my #1 show, it never fails to crack me up! I hope season 5 isn’t its last. And while it would be great to see CT paired with Happy Endings, I’m not getting my hopes up. Hopefully ABC doesn’t make a mistake by canceling it. Go Cul-de-Sac Crew!!

Comment by Mikael – March 25, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Suburgatory is at no risk at all of being canceled. The Nieghbors is more likely because the pilot was so bad, but then the show improved greatly.

Comment by Midori4 – March 26, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Thank you, TBS.

Comment by Eliza – March 25, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesome

Comment by Johnny Mindell – March 25, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! If it was legal for me to drink wine, I would in celebration! Ha ha.

Comment by Babybop – March 25, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo hoo!!! Now, why only 13 episodes? Not cool…

Comment by Ana – March 25, 2013 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abed Nadir likes this post.

Comment by Big Mike – March 25, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “laugh-out-loud”

So so so sick of that expression! Way over used, and really of no meaning to begin with!

Comment by Len – March 25, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Six seasons and a Movie!!! Go Cougar Town, best comedy on air this season.

Comment by Jonathas – March 25, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if we could just get people to watch LIVE so the show can keep getting renewed…

Comment by Ram510 – March 25, 2013 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so Ted Dansen! (people who watch the show will get that.) ;-)

Comment by Jeff – March 26, 2013 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSS, this is awesome!

Comment by Anna – March 26, 2013 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the best renewal news I’ve heard in a long time. Yay for more CT!

Comment by Daisy – March 26, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love TBS !
    Best news of the day !

Comment by Ben – March 26, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    now, pair it with “Happy Endings” (the writing is on the wall), “The B— In Apt 23″ (that show *needs* to come back), and then “Community” (if NBC unwisely dumps it). 2-hour comedy block… Must See Cable TV.

Comment by flutiefan – March 26, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy Cougar Town got picked up :)

Comment by mini min – April 10, 2013 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC dropped it. They also dropped How To Live With Your Parents for the rest of your life. Both good shows. TBS, can you pick up the show above too? Funny, witty, charming show with Sarah Chalke.
    We’d be loyal watchers….
    Thank you!

Comment by Ida – August 6, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • P.S. Our family LOVES TBS add well

Comment by Ida – August 6, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CT is worst show on TV. GILLIGANS ISLAND made more sense and was funnier.

Comment by brent laswell – January 29, 2014 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post