Girl Meets World First Look: 11 Candid Photos From the Pilot-Episode Shoot!

After months of code-orange anticipation and Internet conversation about Disney Channel’s Girl Meets World, a potential sequel series to ABC’s classic ’90s hit Boy Meets World, the biggest pilot in the world began production this week.

And who needs official network photography when the cast — both current and past — have been Instagramming and Tweeting the living daylights out of their initial week of shooting?

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Check out the gallery of images below from Girl Meets World stars Ben Savage (reprising the role of Cory Matthews), Rowan Blanchard (who’s been cast as his daughter Riley) and Sabrina Carpenter (as Riley’s BFF), plus Maitland Ward (who played Rachel on the original series). You’ll get a sneak peek at the GMW cast (keep your eyes peeled for a Topanga sighting), the new set, the script and even surprise visits from Boy stars including William Daniels (aka Mr. Feeny).

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Supernatural, Once, Smash, Grimm, Grey’s, NCIS: LA and More

Have these images raised your level of anticipation for Girl Meets World? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (70)

• seeing all those old faces together just warms this girls 90s nostalgic heart lol

Comment by Taryn – March 22, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who’s getting little tiny squished images instead of the real pictures?

Comment by Drew – March 22, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Okay, it’s working now… must have loaded funny the first time.

Comment by Drew – March 22, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ive been getting those for the past 4 months…. really annoying.

Comment by eddie – March 22, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do believe that Rachel has had some work done. Goodness!

Comment by Randi – March 22, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really excited for this. And if its bad, I can simply ignore it and continue enjoying Boy Meets World

Comment by Tony – March 22, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eric Matthews, my wedding proposal still stands.

Comment by Elly – March 22, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These pictures are so nostalgic. Seriously, making me miss BMW right now

Comment by A – March 22, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is in the Savage genes? Kevin and Ben both look like they are teenagers!

Comment by DramaMomma – March 22, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • heh Kevin

Comment by Mina – March 22, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • pretty sure it’s Fred Savage not Kevin…

Comment by akd – March 23, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just got teary eyed. Way too excited for this show. I’ll have to force my 4 and 7 year old to watch it with me.

Comment by Ashley – March 22, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that’s why I’m so glad my kids are 2, 4 and 9 months so all of them are too little to stop me

Comment by Tiffany – November 1, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eric! Shawn! Rachel! Mr. F-f-f-feeny! This is great.

Comment by Andy – March 22, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think that is Rachel in any of those pictures. I believe that is Tapanga.

Comment by Pam Nicholson – August 21, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nicholson the girl with MR fenny that is Rachel not Topanga

Comment by steven – August 21, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok I have a really goofy smile on my face looking at these pics. So excited for this show to come back!

Comment by Tanisha – March 22, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any idea on how to get tickets to the show?

Comment by Dawn – March 22, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see Mr. Feeny :) :) :)

Comment by MM – March 22, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my childhood dreams come true. i’m so so so so so so excited for this!

Comment by Kelly – March 22, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This fills me with joy.

Comment by alia – March 22, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so excited for GMW. the pics were great and it was good to see all the same ppl are back. i hope it is for more than one episode.

Comment by Lena – March 22, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love it!!!!!!

Comment by Elyse – March 22, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How old is William Daniels right now? He’s starting to feel like Betty White all over again.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – March 22, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good to see all the gang again. I wish them all the best – the Savage boys are terrific.
    Also, great to see Williams Daniels – there’s a wonderful actor and pro’s-pro. A great guy. For anyone who is a fan of this show, and wants to see what an impact Williams Daniels has had on the motion picture industry, read his credits on IMDB.com, and , check out online, or DVD, or NetFlix two 1967 films – The Graduate and Two For the Road. You won’t regret it – two of the best movies of that year, and perhaps of that decade [in the case of the Graduate, one of the best all-time]. They’ve both held up well, and William D. does great work in both classics. He has had a long, influential and tremendous career.

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – March 22, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Fact that no one so far in the the comments has done Eric’s Mr.Feeny call depresses me.

Comment by Roger – March 22, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no worries, got you covered. Feeny! Feeheeheeheeheeny! Feeny!

Comment by jalahyacinth – March 22, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FEENY! FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENY! FEEHEEEHEEHEEENYYY!

hope all your dreams came true :)

Comment by jenn – March 22, 2013 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they got their house with the nook :)

Comment by klumsyspaz – March 22, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope so too!! =) I’m so incredibly excited about this! Mr. Feeny was a high school teacher and I watched all the time and now I’m a history teacher lol.. So excited.

Comment by HstTchr – March 25, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHAWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – March 22, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on save it for the commercial break.

Comment by Funmi Sunmonu – March 22, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is amazing! I feel so nostalgic and happy! I stopped watching Disney Channel a long, long time ago, but this’ll be a great reason to tune back in. I can’t wait!

Comment by rachelle – March 22, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree…however Disney shows only last a few years so hopefully they won’t let this one go. My husband and I are super excited to watch this show with our own children now!!

Comment by Jennifer – March 26, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for the show and to see everyone but hope I wasn’t the only on to say who the heck is that girl with Mr. Feeny? Then I found out and said she had too much work done!!!

Comment by K. – March 22, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just watched the entire series of Boy Meets World for the first time and loved it. Then the weirdest thing happened. In school I watched the movie 1776 and recognized one of the characters playing John Adams. It was Mr. Feeny. I was so funny since I just completed watching the entire series the day before

Comment by Joe Smith – March 22, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The girl on the right in the classroom looks too old to be there?Held back?lol

Comment by Shaun – March 22, 2013 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did Ben have a nose job? Cause I remember a much bigger nose.

Comment by Livvie – March 22, 2013 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is going to be the most watched by adults/least by tweens in Disney Channel history, mark my words.

Comment by Evan – March 23, 2013 02:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How do we get tickets for the tapings

Comment by Dawn – March 23, 2013 03:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t there a baby towards the end of the show? Where’s that character now?

Comment by Michael Sacal – March 23, 2013 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why do you thim this show exits now genius?

Comment by Danny – March 23, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The baby I’m talking about is Cory’s brother, not his daughter. That’s a different character, “genius”.

Comment by Michael Sacal – March 23, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Idk why they wouldn’t put this on ABC or some other network. More adults will be watching this than children. Everybody who loved BMW will watch just to relive the show and see what’s happened. I’m super excited myself!

Comment by Ashlyn – March 23, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!! Could Riley’s BFF be the daughter of Shawn and Rachel?!?!

Comment by Abernathy – March 23, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It wouldn’t be Shawn and Rachel. It would be Shawn and Angela, or Rachel and Jack. I totally vote for Rachel and Jack.

Comment by Jen – March 26, 2013 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i vote eric and rachel… always felt they should of been together…

Comment by rachel – March 28, 2013 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maitland Ward (Rachel) really doesn’t look good…. I mean like really I know she must have had work done, but it looks really bad…..

Comment by Ross – March 23, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna pop some tags!! Only got $20 dollars in my pocket!!!

Comment by looking for a come up – March 23, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Riley’s BFF looks a lot like little sister Morgan from the original show. Speaking of- is Aunti Morgan gonna be in this? Cause they gave that kid some great lines and she was funny

Comment by Alice – March 24, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on AMCPress.

Comment by AMCPress – March 25, 2013 05:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited aboui GMW I have been a BMW fan since TGIF. So glad they are bringing back a real show. Now all they have to do is bring back Jack (Matthew Lawrence) Morgan (Lindsay Ridgeway) and Angela (Trina McGee) and I would be super happy. Please bring them all back make us all the happiest 90 kids ever1!!!!!!!

Comment by Tori – March 26, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am so excited about this… me and my husband still watch BMW everyday. i hope disney channle doesnt mess this up. this isnt some corny kids show their creating like jessie which makes no sense and annoys the crap out of me lol…. i love ben and danielle and will give disney another shot at my attention…

Comment by rachel – March 28, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • also for the record i have a 4 year old and a 1 year old so ill be forcing my 4 year old to watch lol he already watches BMW with us lolol he likes morgan

Comment by rachel – March 28, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Nice. I saw one pic yesterday night! =)

Comment by flychick86 – April 6, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wooohooo…super excited about this show. Kinda curious on how Disney will sell this to the younger generation. Hope that the characters have supurb personalities that are convincingly realistic.

Comment by Becka – April 11, 2013 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tooooooopanga!!!!!

Comment by chris briano – April 15, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love this show. the fathers relationship with his boys. cory and topangas love is stronger than anything life deals us relationship. everybody wants a teacher like mr. feeeeehhhheeeehhheeeennnnyyyy!!! every guy is hopeful he is lucky to have a best friend like shawn and crazy funny/ goofy brother like eric. dad and mom who love their kids like that. i hope shawn and eric find their way in the new sitcom. i will be watching with my wife and boys of my own.

Comment by philip – May 8, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • all i see is SHAWN!!!!!!!!!!Please let him be in the season opener…..l am just will about him and love that Eric when i see the repeats i laugh so hard love that show

Comment by Dianne – May 20, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dianna Shawn isn’t going to be in the season opener episode the only other original cast from BMW sup Cory and Topanga is MR fenny still no word if he’s going to join the show

Comment by Steven Dudley – May 21, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch bmw every morning on ABC family. Cant wait for gmw

Comment by toni – July 9, 2013 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never watched boy meets world when it was showing new episodes(cause i wasnt born till 2001)but for maybe a little over a year iv spent every morning from 7-9 30 watching the classic show and Iv just spent everyday praying to see a preview of girl meets world on Disney channel and now with proof of filming………….My tv life is complete

Comment by Abigail – July 15, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG MR.FEEENEEEYYYY. They HAVE to put him with a recurring role! I’ll die if he’s just on an episode or two!:(

Comment by Alysha – July 19, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for GMW. Cant wait to watch..

Comment by Maryann – August 4, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like it better if it was the entire old cast all working in a single room at Facebook and reporting to their boss Mingus.

Comment by bjb – December 16, 2013 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post