Girl Meets World First Look: 11 Candid Photos From the Pilot-Episode Shoot!

After months of code-orange anticipation and Internet conversation about Disney Channel’s Girl Meets World, a potential sequel series to ABC’s classic ’90s hit Boy Meets World, the biggest pilot in the world began production this week.

And who needs official network photography when the cast — both current and past — have been Instagramming and Tweeting the living daylights out of their initial week of shooting?

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Check out the gallery of images below from Girl Meets World stars Ben Savage (reprising the role of Cory Matthews), Rowan Blanchard (who’s been cast as his daughter Riley) and Sabrina Carpenter (as Riley’s BFF), plus Maitland Ward (who played Rachel on the original series). You’ll get a sneak peek at the GMW cast (keep your eyes peeled for a Topanga sighting), the new set, the script and even surprise visits from Boy stars including William Daniels (aka Mr. Feeny).

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Supernatural, Once, Smash, Grimm, Grey’s, NCIS: LA and More

Have these images raised your level of anticipation for Girl Meets World? Sound off in the comments!

1. Taryn says:

seeing all those old faces together just warms this girls 90s nostalgic heart lol

2. Drew says:

Am I the only one who’s getting little tiny squished images instead of the real pictures?

3. Randi says:

I do believe that Rachel has had some work done. Goodness!

4. Tony says:

Really excited for this. And if its bad, I can simply ignore it and continue enjoying Boy Meets World

5. Elly says:

Eric Matthews, my wedding proposal still stands.

6. A says:

These pictures are so nostalgic. Seriously, making me miss BMW right now

7. DramaMomma says:

What is in the Savage genes? Kevin and Ben both look like they are teenagers!

8. Ashley says:

I just got teary eyed. Way too excited for this show. I’ll have to force my 4 and 7 year old to watch it with me.

9. Andy says:

Eric! Shawn! Rachel! Mr. F-f-f-feeny! This is great.

10. Tanisha says:

Ok I have a really goofy smile on my face looking at these pics. So excited for this show to come back!

11. Dawn says:

Any idea on how to get tickets to the show?

12. MM says:

I see Mr. Feeny :) :) :)

13. Kelly says:

my childhood dreams come true. i’m so so so so so so excited for this!

14. alia says:

This fills me with joy.

15. Lena says:

so excited for GMW. the pics were great and it was good to see all the same ppl are back. i hope it is for more than one episode.

16. Elyse says:

love it!!!!!!

17. How old is William Daniels right now? He’s starting to feel like Betty White all over again.

18. Nero theTVFiddler says:

Good to see all the gang again. I wish them all the best – the Savage boys are terrific.
    Also, great to see Williams Daniels – there’s a wonderful actor and pro’s-pro. A great guy. For anyone who is a fan of this show, and wants to see what an impact Williams Daniels has had on the motion picture industry, read his credits on IMDB.com, and , check out online, or DVD, or NetFlix two 1967 films – The Graduate and Two For the Road. You won’t regret it – two of the best movies of that year, and perhaps of that decade [in the case of the Graduate, one of the best all-time]. They’ve both held up well, and William D. does great work in both classics. He has had a long, influential and tremendous career.

19. Roger says:

The Fact that no one so far in the the comments has done Eric’s Mr.Feeny call depresses me.

20. klumsyspaz says:

I hope they got their house with the nook :)

• HstTchr says:

I hope so too!! =) I’m so incredibly excited about this! Mr. Feeny was a high school teacher and I watched all the time and now I’m a history teacher lol.. So excited.

21. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

SHAWN!!!!!!!!!!!

22. rachelle says:

This is amazing! I feel so nostalgic and happy! I stopped watching Disney Channel a long, long time ago, but this’ll be a great reason to tune back in. I can’t wait!

• Jennifer says:

I completely agree…however Disney shows only last a few years so hopefully they won’t let this one go. My husband and I are super excited to watch this show with our own children now!!

23. K. says:

So excited for the show and to see everyone but hope I wasn’t the only on to say who the heck is that girl with Mr. Feeny? Then I found out and said she had too much work done!!!

24. Joe Smith says:

I just watched the entire series of Boy Meets World for the first time and loved it. Then the weirdest thing happened. In school I watched the movie 1776 and recognized one of the characters playing John Adams. It was Mr. Feeny. I was so funny since I just completed watching the entire series the day before

25. Shaun says:

The girl on the right in the classroom looks too old to be there?Held back?lol

26. Livvie says:

Did Ben have a nose job? Cause I remember a much bigger nose.

27. Evan says:

This show is going to be the most watched by adults/least by tweens in Disney Channel history, mark my words.

28. Wasn’t there a baby towards the end of the show? Where’s that character now?

29. Ashlyn says:

Idk why they wouldn’t put this on ABC or some other network. More adults will be watching this than children. Everybody who loved BMW will watch just to relive the show and see what’s happened. I’m super excited myself!

30. Abernathy says:

OMG!!! Could Riley’s BFF be the daughter of Shawn and Rachel?!?!

31. Ross says:

Maitland Ward (Rachel) really doesn’t look good…. I mean like really I know she must have had work done, but it looks really bad…..

32. looking for a come up says:

I’m gonna pop some tags!! Only got $20 dollars in my pocket!!!

33. Alice says:

Riley’s BFF looks a lot like little sister Morgan from the original show. Speaking of- is Aunti Morgan gonna be in this? Cause they gave that kid some great lines and she was funny

34. Tori says:

I am so excited aboui GMW I have been a BMW fan since TGIF. So glad they are bringing back a real show. Now all they have to do is bring back Jack (Matthew Lawrence) Morgan (Lindsay Ridgeway) and Angela (Trina McGee) and I would be super happy. Please bring them all back make us all the happiest 90 kids ever1!!!!!!!

35. rachel says:

i am so excited about this… me and my husband still watch BMW everyday. i hope disney channle doesnt mess this up. this isnt some corny kids show their creating like jessie which makes no sense and annoys the crap out of me lol…. i love ben and danielle and will give disney another shot at my attention…

36. rachel says:

also for the record i have a 4 year old and a 1 year old so ill be forcing my 4 year old to watch lol he already watches BMW with us lolol he likes morgan

37. flychick86 says:

Wow. Nice. I saw one pic yesterday night! =)

38. Becka says:

Wooohooo…super excited about this show. Kinda curious on how Disney will sell this to the younger generation. Hope that the characters have supurb personalities that are convincingly realistic.

39. chris briano says:

Tooooooopanga!!!!!

40. philip says:

i love this show. the fathers relationship with his boys. cory and topangas love is stronger than anything life deals us relationship. everybody wants a teacher like mr. feeeeehhhheeeehhheeeennnnyyyy!!! every guy is hopeful he is lucky to have a best friend like shawn and crazy funny/ goofy brother like eric. dad and mom who love their kids like that. i hope shawn and eric find their way in the new sitcom. i will be watching with my wife and boys of my own.

41. Dianne says:

all i see is SHAWN!!!!!!!!!!Please let him be in the season opener…..l am just will about him and love that Eric when i see the repeats i laugh so hard love that show

• Dianna Shawn isn’t going to be in the season opener episode the only other original cast from BMW sup Cory and Topanga is MR fenny still no word if he’s going to join the show

42. toni says:

I watch bmw every morning on ABC family. Cant wait for gmw

43. Abigail says:

I never watched boy meets world when it was showing new episodes(cause i wasnt born till 2001)but for maybe a little over a year iv spent every morning from 7-9 30 watching the classic show and Iv just spent everyday praying to see a preview of girl meets world on Disney channel and now with proof of filming………….My tv life is complete

44. Alysha says:

OMG MR.FEEENEEEYYYY. They HAVE to put him with a recurring role! I’ll die if he’s just on an episode or two!:(

45. Maryann says:

So excited for GMW. Cant wait to watch..

46. bjb says:

I’d like it better if it was the entire old cast all working in a single room at Facebook and reporting to their boss Mingus.