Exclusive

Exclusive Once Upon a Time First Look: Will Regina Make [Spoiler] Disappear?!

This Sunday on Once Upon a Time (ABC, 8/7c), Regina pays a surprise visit to an adversary and makes a not-so-veiled threat — and TVLine has a first look at the intense encounter.

RELATED | ABC Sets Finale Dates for Once Upon a Time, a Supersized Revenge and Others

As gleaned at the end of last week’s episode, Greg Mendel — the stranger who literally skidded into town (mowing down Hook in the process) — is actually a grown-up Owen Flynn, the lad we met in the flashbacks to 1983.

When Regina makes that connection herself, it calls for an impromptu appearance at his hotel room — and no, she isn’t there to deliver fresh linens. Rather, a very frank conversation about their past connection ensues, raising among other questions in Greg’s mind: How has madame mayor not aged a day in 30 years? (Answer: juice cleanse!)

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Press PLAY to see how their tête-à-tête goes from there. Want more scoop on Once, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Loading video...

1. xaverie says:

Oh Regina, you perfect, creepy weirdo.

2. Regina Mills says:

Aw, shucks, I was hoping she’d be there to give him some apple turnovers. He and his dad never did get to eat them, right?

3. Leigh says:

That was the least convincing “I’m talking on my cell phone” entrance possibly evah.

4. Jon says:

I have a love/hate relationship with this show, but moments like these make up for all the stupid things they always do. Lana Parrilla is awesome.

• Leigh says:

Parrilla and Morrison are the best parts of the show.

• Anna says:

Lana is really great, and I’m happy that you mentioned Jen too. She seems like she gets ragged on so often, but I think she does an amazing job with Emma. I can’t imagine any other actress playing her.

• Kaye Munroe says:

Robert Carlyle is the best part of the show. Everyone else on the show is having trouble playing just two roles: their Storybrooke selves and their fairy tale counterparts. Carlyle plays Rumple before he went bad, the evil Dark One, and Mr.Gold, and each one is completely different. He’s the best actor on the show, and one of the best of his generation. Of course, he lacks breasts so the shallow people like you won’t really notice his brilliance.

• Anna says:

Really? I think everyone has done a pretty good job portraying both the Storybrooke/FTL selves, especially last year when they were essentially all playing two completely different characters. Yes, Robert does bring a whole new level to Rumple/Gold that a lesser actor probably wouldn’t but that doesn’t mean that we can’t acknowledge the fact that this show does have a really talented cast. And as for your last comment? Yes poor men- they never, ever get praised for anything.

• Ben33 says:

He lacks breasts but he does have a d**k – are we to assume that that’s why you “notice his brilliance”, Kaye? Seems shallow works both ways.

• Yvonne Hawse says:

I agree with Kaye…there are better looking actors on the show, and he appears to be somewhat slight in stature. so I doubt quite highly that it’s his d**k we’re noticing. He has taken a character that we should despise and shows all sides of him so well, that you can’t help caring about him, rooting for him, even liking him – even as Rumple. That takes some talent, don’t feel that way about Regina, could careless about her character. Don’t feel that way about Hook, who is probably better looking. Don’t feel that way about Charming, can’t even remember his character’s name in SB.I think it’s probably the actor’s talent, not his d**k.

5. Louise says:

Almost surprised this scene’s a sneak peek. I’m glad the Greg story is finally picking up speed, though. It’s about time. Regina’s almost back to her season 1 attitude in this scene, great acting by Lana as usual. The juice cleanse line made me laugh. ;) I wouldn’t be surprised if Kurt ended up in the asylum and if they address that maybe we’ll finally find out what happened to Sidney after season 1, too.

6. strachpa says:

Damn the Man, Save the Empire!!!

7. Michu1945 says:

What she said in 0:56? I think it was funny, bu my english sometimes disappointing me

8. Melinda says:

So what happened to him? There was no magic when him and his father were there so she couldn’t have poofed him into oblivion like she did other people.

• xaverie says:

Killed him, left him in the basement asylum of problematic people.

• Jamie says:

Actually,there was because she made herself invisible to the police officers and was standing close to the boy when he came back, remember. There wasn’t supposed to be any magic…

• xaverie says:

That was the townline.

• I think when the curse was originally cast, there was a protection spell to keep outsiders out because obviously Regina wouldn’t want any disruptions in her perfectly screwed up world and she wouldn’t want anyone escaping from her either.

• sara says:

She wasn’t invisable then. That is just the nature of the curse. The reason the sign didn’t exist too. Its so no one could stumble across the town. That’s why no visiters ever came.

• Crys says:

Which begs the question, how exactly did Henry get in?

• Gail says:

Ditto Emma at the beginning of the show. If Storybrooke is invisible to outsiders how did they see the town to get in. It will probably be explained in a future episode. My guess is that since both Emma and Henry are from Fairyland by birth, that they were able to see the town. Anyone from Earth would not be able to see it. I would guess the August brought Henry to Storybrooke but as neither Regina or Gold knew who he was when he first arrived in Season 1, I would guess not.

• lyn says:

The part that confuses me is that the road sign says Leaving Storybrooke, but there is no Entering Storybrooke or Welcome To Storybrooke on the other side of the road. Was the sign there to warn the residents not to go too far?

9. I can’t wait to see this episode!! OUAT is goind mad in this season!! Far better than the 1st!! ;)

10. A says:

That was just….ew. Creepy. She has cracked. I never really got the wack job vibe until last week but man…

11. Kelly says:

I am rooting for Owen/Greg.

12. Polly says:

Lana Parrilla is the only thing that keeps me from dropping this show.

13. Meghan says:

Does anyone remember in The Cricket Game when Hook asked Cora who she had killed (instead of it being Archie) and she said she didn’t know? Perhaps that was Owen’s father.

• Lash says:

That would mean he would be out and about in storybrooke. she wouldn’t know about the asylum where regina has people locked up. and we are assuming thats where greg’s father is.

14. marina says:

regina/lana saving this show once again

15. suzi says:

Nothing like a Regina sneak to get those on the fence to tune in this Sunday.

16. A says:

Owen is in over his head because he is no match for Regina this won’t end well for him.

• Gail says:

Don’t forget he has sent proof of magic with his cell phone. Though the person he sent it to is probably Neal’s girlfriend. Anyway he may be able to blackmail the town to keep its secrets. Hope this episode is not August’s last episode.

17. benjamin says:

love love love regina!! <3 <3 <3

18. evalachev says:

Please give Lana her Emmy this year!!! Regina is by far the best character I love, hate, love on television!

19. Kristina says:

Wow, Lana Parilla is amazing. Her scenes are one of the best thing about this show.

20. Emilie says:

Oh gosh… I love this show. haven’t missed an episode :D

21. onlyakb says:

awww Lana absolutely flawless, can’t wait to see the episode!!

22. Mike says:

Regina is still the best part of this show.

23. Tiffany says:

Maybe Owen does that drive every year, but this is the first year that he was able to get it? ‘Cause, if you remember, when he was with the sheriff’s all you could see was a long stretch of road. He tried that stretch every year and now he’s finally managed to go get back into the town.

• Steph says:

That’s exactly what I was thinking. It was no coincidence he was heading in that direction that night. Every year he looks for his father, but with Emma breaking the curse last year, this is the first time he was able to cross the border.

• Mike says:

Your logic is sound, honestly I wouldn’t be surprised f this is the truth.

• Anna says:

Agreed, Emma coming to town is what Storybrooke visible to outsiders. I also just read a theory that maybe the reason Regina waited 18 years to adopt Henry is due to him being the only child who could enter Storybrooke because of his parents being the savior and another fairy-tale character. Though it doesn’t explain how Henry was brought to town, he certainly didn’t walk!

• Lash says:

Henry was acquired by Gold. We don’t know how but my guess it was through August he is the only one that could come and go out of storybrooke without his memory being wiped out. In Season 1 Regina asked Gold how did he get Henry and he refused to answer. My guess is he doesn’t know. He had no memory until Emma said her name to him in storybrooke.

• Anna says:

Good point! I forgot about Gold being the one to get Henry. August would be a pretty good guess, especially since Regina did comment that he looked familiar last season.

• miri says:

Don’t think it was August because Gold didn’t know him. Gold thought August was Bae in season 1…

24. Sammy says:

I really like Greg, I hope he’s reunited with his dad.

25. Azerty says:

I think this show needs to bring some mythology or a purpose. I don’t know how to say it exactly, I just mean season 1 was about breaking the curse, first half of S2 about bringing Snow and Emma back in Storybrooke and finally deal with Hook and Cora’s threat. But now what is exactly the goal of the show? I like the Owen storyline, Snow getting a dark heart and Neal getting along with Henry, Emma and Rumple, I do, but I consider those as B stories. They need a bigger story, a purpose for the characters, so we can see them try, fail, find a way, etc.

• lyn says:

Lots of things come to mind for me. Now that the curse is broken, so is the town’s self sufficiency. How does life go on if they produce no product and provide no service. What sustains their economy, now that the curse is gone? Will many of the residents choose to stay in our world and others try to find a way back to Fairytale?

26. maryclaire says:

Who did we see in preview? I thought that was the father living in the woods? Also, don’t forget someone sent a postcard that the curse was broken. We never found out who sent it. And we still have to see who “the woman” is (probably a psychiatrist). Love most of the actors but could live without the prince and snow is weak also.

• mrd101 says:

the guy living in the woods in the promo was August back in his Pinocchio form, and I think it’s quite obvious that he sent the postcard that alerted Neal of the curse being broken

• Tracy Sims says:

Didn’t August promise to let Neal know when Emma had done her “duty”? As soon as the curse was broken and he was human again he escaped and set Neal the postcard. I just wish they (the writers) would bring him back already. Geppetto deserves to see his son too.

• Gail says:

As the episode is titled Selfless, Brave and True, the episode’s A story will be about August. Probably the flashbacks will be about him. Whether there is a connection between Greg and August I guess we will find out tonight.

27. Brian says:

I am so sick of Regina..kill her!

28. Angie says:

That’s why people love the Evil Queen/Regina!! Because Lana’s acting is sooooooo great!!!

29. Nathy says:

loveee it! Lana is AMAZING.. best actore on the show for me

30. Gail says:

How does Granny’s Inn stay in business? The inn has had 6 guests since 1983. Owen and his father, Emma, August, Belle ( who stayed for free), and Owen again ( the first return customer) I wonder what Trip Advisor has to say about the Inn.

• Alison says:

Lol you are right! But I think that the inn is connected with Granny’s diner and as it appears to be the only place to eat in Storybrooke… but that’s just what I’ve concluded.