Exclusive Once Upon a Time First Look: Will Regina Make [Spoiler] Disappear?!

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

This Sunday on Once Upon a Time (ABC, 8/7c), Regina pays a surprise visit to an adversary and makes a not-so-veiled threat — and TVLine has a first look at the intense encounter.

RELATED | ABC Sets Finale Dates for Once Upon a Time, a Supersized Revenge and Others

As gleaned at the end of last week’s episode, Greg Mendel — the stranger who literally skidded into town (mowing down Hook in the process) — is actually a grown-up Owen Flynn, the lad we met in the flashbacks to 1983.

When Regina makes that connection herself, it calls for an impromptu appearance at his hotel room — and no, she isn’t there to deliver fresh linens. Rather, a very frank conversation about their past connection ensues, raising among other questions in Greg’s mind: How has madame mayor not aged a day in 30 years? (Answer: juice cleanse!)

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Press PLAY to see how their tête-à-tête goes from there. Want more scoop on Once, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Loading video...

Comments (72)

• Oh Regina, you perfect, creepy weirdo.

Comment by xaverie – March 21, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Perfect characterization.

Comment by Nora – March 21, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Regina I love you ……………..so much! you are the besttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt! :-)

Comment by Joanne Mallillin – March 21, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it’s the eyes. she carries a lot of psychotic emotion in those eyes.

can’t wait for the episode. lana is brilliant!

Comment by jc – March 22, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw, shucks, I was hoping she’d be there to give him some apple turnovers. He and his dad never did get to eat them, right?

Comment by Regina Mills – March 21, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was the least convincing “I’m talking on my cell phone” entrance possibly evah.

Comment by Leigh – March 21, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a love/hate relationship with this show, but moments like these make up for all the stupid things they always do. Lana Parrilla is awesome.

Comment by Jon – March 21, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Parrilla and Morrison are the best parts of the show.

Comment by Leigh – March 21, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lana is really great, and I’m happy that you mentioned Jen too. She seems like she gets ragged on so often, but I think she does an amazing job with Emma. I can’t imagine any other actress playing her.

Comment by Anna – March 21, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Robert Carlyle is the best part of the show. Everyone else on the show is having trouble playing just two roles: their Storybrooke selves and their fairy tale counterparts. Carlyle plays Rumple before he went bad, the evil Dark One, and Mr.Gold, and each one is completely different. He’s the best actor on the show, and one of the best of his generation. Of course, he lacks breasts so the shallow people like you won’t really notice his brilliance.

Comment by Kaye Munroe – March 21, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Really? I think everyone has done a pretty good job portraying both the Storybrooke/FTL selves, especially last year when they were essentially all playing two completely different characters. Yes, Robert does bring a whole new level to Rumple/Gold that a lesser actor probably wouldn’t but that doesn’t mean that we can’t acknowledge the fact that this show does have a really talented cast. And as for your last comment? Yes poor men- they never, ever get praised for anything.

Comment by Anna – March 21, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He lacks breasts but he does have a d**k – are we to assume that that’s why you “notice his brilliance”, Kaye? Seems shallow works both ways.

Comment by Ben33 – March 21, 2013 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree with Kaye…there are better looking actors on the show, and he appears to be somewhat slight in stature. so I doubt quite highly that it’s his d**k we’re noticing. He has taken a character that we should despise and shows all sides of him so well, that you can’t help caring about him, rooting for him, even liking him – even as Rumple. That takes some talent, don’t feel that way about Regina, could careless about her character. Don’t feel that way about Hook, who is probably better looking. Don’t feel that way about Charming, can’t even remember his character’s name in SB.I think it’s probably the actor’s talent, not his d**k.

Comment by Yvonne Hawse – March 24, 2013 10:04 PM PDT
  • Almost surprised this scene’s a sneak peek. I’m glad the Greg story is finally picking up speed, though. It’s about time. Regina’s almost back to her season 1 attitude in this scene, great acting by Lana as usual. The juice cleanse line made me laugh. ;) I wouldn’t be surprised if Kurt ended up in the asylum and if they address that maybe we’ll finally find out what happened to Sidney after season 1, too.

Comment by Louise – March 21, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would LOVE a Sydney wrap-up storyline. *sobs* Giancarlo, why did you leave us?

Comment by xaverie – March 21, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Got a lead supporting role in “Revolution” :D

Comment by Rosie – March 21, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • …yes. I know.

Comment by xaverie – March 21, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mentioning the asylum triggered a memory…. I do believe we have seen Greg’s father as part of the crew that was cleaning down in the asylum. I could be wrong, but he might just be there.

Comment by Searra – March 21, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You mean Chief Bromden? It’s not the same actor, at the very least.

Comment by xaverie – March 21, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wouldn’t need to be, though, with 28 years past and him being unaffected by the curse.

Comment by Edith – March 21, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Then he should be seventy, not mid-40s.

Comment by xaverie – March 22, 2013 11:45 AM PDT
      • @ Searra I was going to say the exact same thing when Belle was released from the hospital after the curse broke (i forget who it was that released her and said she must go to Gold) there was a man cleaning the floor and I thought now that may be Greg/Owen’s father too.

Comment by Girl in MD – March 21, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Jefferson/Mad Hatter, he was the one that released Belle and sent her Gold because Regina renegade on a deal they had made.

Comment by Lash – March 21, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sidney was in the room next to Belle. His name plate GLASS was on the wall next to the door.

Comment by Dawn – March 23, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn the Man, Save the Empire!!!

Comment by strachpa – March 21, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What she said in 0:56? I think it was funny, bu my english sometimes disappointing me

Comment by Michu1945 – March 21, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she said “monthly juice cleanse, does wonders for the skin”

Comment by Britt034 – March 21, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So what happened to him? There was no magic when him and his father were there so she couldn’t have poofed him into oblivion like she did other people.

Comment by Melinda – March 21, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Killed him, left him in the basement asylum of problematic people.

Comment by xaverie – March 21, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually,there was because she made herself invisible to the police officers and was standing close to the boy when he came back, remember. There wasn’t supposed to be any magic…

Comment by Jamie – March 21, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That was the townline.

Comment by xaverie – March 21, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think when the curse was originally cast, there was a protection spell to keep outsiders out because obviously Regina wouldn’t want any disruptions in her perfectly screwed up world and she wouldn’t want anyone escaping from her either.

Comment by Alexandria M Snippert – March 21, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She wasn’t invisable then. That is just the nature of the curse. The reason the sign didn’t exist too. Its so no one could stumble across the town. That’s why no visiters ever came.

Comment by sara – March 21, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Which begs the question, how exactly did Henry get in?

Comment by Crys – March 24, 2013 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Ditto Emma at the beginning of the show. If Storybrooke is invisible to outsiders how did they see the town to get in. It will probably be explained in a future episode. My guess is that since both Emma and Henry are from Fairyland by birth, that they were able to see the town. Anyone from Earth would not be able to see it. I would guess the August brought Henry to Storybrooke but as neither Regina or Gold knew who he was when he first arrived in Season 1, I would guess not.

Comment by Gail – March 24, 2013 12:56 PM PDT
        • The part that confuses me is that the road sign says Leaving Storybrooke, but there is no Entering Storybrooke or Welcome To Storybrooke on the other side of the road. Was the sign there to warn the residents not to go too far?

Comment by lyn – March 24, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see this episode!! OUAT is goind mad in this season!! Far better than the 1st!! ;)

Comment by carolinedemon – March 21, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was just….ew. Creepy. She has cracked. I never really got the wack job vibe until last week but man…

Comment by A – March 21, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am rooting for Owen/Greg.

Comment by Kelly – March 21, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lana Parrilla is the only thing that keeps me from dropping this show.

Comment by Polly – March 21, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone remember in The Cricket Game when Hook asked Cora who she had killed (instead of it being Archie) and she said she didn’t know? Perhaps that was Owen’s father.

Comment by Meghan – March 21, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would mean he would be out and about in storybrooke. she wouldn’t know about the asylum where regina has people locked up. and we are assuming thats where greg’s father is.

Comment by Lash – March 21, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • regina/lana saving this show once again

Comment by marina – March 21, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing like a Regina sneak to get those on the fence to tune in this Sunday.

Comment by suzi – March 21, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Owen is in over his head because he is no match for Regina this won’t end well for him.

Comment by A – March 21, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t forget he has sent proof of magic with his cell phone. Though the person he sent it to is probably Neal’s girlfriend. Anyway he may be able to blackmail the town to keep its secrets. Hope this episode is not August’s last episode.

Comment by Gail – March 24, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love love love regina!! <3 <3 <3

Comment by benjamin – March 21, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please give Lana her Emmy this year!!! Regina is by far the best character I love, hate, love on television!

Comment by evalachev – March 21, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, Lana Parilla is amazing. Her scenes are one of the best thing about this show.

Comment by Kristina – March 21, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh gosh… I love this show. haven’t missed an episode :D

Comment by Emilie – March 21, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awww Lana absolutely flawless, can’t wait to see the episode!!

Comment by onlyakb – March 21, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regina is still the best part of this show.

Comment by Mike – March 21, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe Owen does that drive every year, but this is the first year that he was able to get it? ‘Cause, if you remember, when he was with the sheriff’s all you could see was a long stretch of road. He tried that stretch every year and now he’s finally managed to go get back into the town.

Comment by Tiffany – March 21, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I was thinking. It was no coincidence he was heading in that direction that night. Every year he looks for his father, but with Emma breaking the curse last year, this is the first time he was able to cross the border.

Comment by Steph – March 21, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your logic is sound, honestly I wouldn’t be surprised f this is the truth.

Comment by Mike – March 21, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, Emma coming to town is what Storybrooke visible to outsiders. I also just read a theory that maybe the reason Regina waited 18 years to adopt Henry is due to him being the only child who could enter Storybrooke because of his parents being the savior and another fairy-tale character. Though it doesn’t explain how Henry was brought to town, he certainly didn’t walk!

Comment by Anna – March 21, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Henry was acquired by Gold. We don’t know how but my guess it was through August he is the only one that could come and go out of storybrooke without his memory being wiped out. In Season 1 Regina asked Gold how did he get Henry and he refused to answer. My guess is he doesn’t know. He had no memory until Emma said her name to him in storybrooke.

Comment by Lash – March 21, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Good point! I forgot about Gold being the one to get Henry. August would be a pretty good guess, especially since Regina did comment that he looked familiar last season.

Comment by Anna – March 21, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Don’t think it was August because Gold didn’t know him. Gold thought August was Bae in season 1…

Comment by miri – March 21, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Greg, I hope he’s reunited with his dad.

Comment by Sammy – March 21, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this show needs to bring some mythology or a purpose. I don’t know how to say it exactly, I just mean season 1 was about breaking the curse, first half of S2 about bringing Snow and Emma back in Storybrooke and finally deal with Hook and Cora’s threat. But now what is exactly the goal of the show? I like the Owen storyline, Snow getting a dark heart and Neal getting along with Henry, Emma and Rumple, I do, but I consider those as B stories. They need a bigger story, a purpose for the characters, so we can see them try, fail, find a way, etc.

Comment by Azerty – March 22, 2013 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lots of things come to mind for me. Now that the curse is broken, so is the town’s self sufficiency. How does life go on if they produce no product and provide no service. What sustains their economy, now that the curse is gone? Will many of the residents choose to stay in our world and others try to find a way back to Fairytale?

Comment by lyn – March 24, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who did we see in preview? I thought that was the father living in the woods? Also, don’t forget someone sent a postcard that the curse was broken. We never found out who sent it. And we still have to see who “the woman” is (probably a psychiatrist). Love most of the actors but could live without the prince and snow is weak also.

Comment by maryclaire – March 22, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the guy living in the woods in the promo was August back in his Pinocchio form, and I think it’s quite obvious that he sent the postcard that alerted Neal of the curse being broken

Comment by mrd101 – March 22, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Didn’t August promise to let Neal know when Emma had done her “duty”? As soon as the curse was broken and he was human again he escaped and set Neal the postcard. I just wish they (the writers) would bring him back already. Geppetto deserves to see his son too.

Comment by Tracy Sims – March 22, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As the episode is titled Selfless, Brave and True, the episode’s A story will be about August. Probably the flashbacks will be about him. Whether there is a connection between Greg and August I guess we will find out tonight.

Comment by Gail – March 24, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sick of Regina..kill her!

Comment by Brian – March 23, 2013 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s why people love the Evil Queen/Regina!! Because Lana’s acting is sooooooo great!!!

Comment by Angie – March 24, 2013 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loveee it! Lana is AMAZING.. best actore on the show for me

Comment by Nathy – March 24, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How does Granny’s Inn stay in business? The inn has had 6 guests since 1983. Owen and his father, Emma, August, Belle ( who stayed for free), and Owen again ( the first return customer) I wonder what Trip Advisor has to say about the Inn.

Comment by Gail – March 24, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol you are right! But I think that the inn is connected with Granny’s diner and as it appears to be the only place to eat in Storybrooke… but that’s just what I’ve concluded.

Comment by Alison – March 24, 2013 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post