New Girl First Look: Jess Gets Nick 'All Shook Up'

The King himself pays his last respects at the funeral of Nick’s father in next Tuesday’s New Girl (9/8c, Fox), but, as you can see in the following promotional meme, there’s a twist: The role of Elvis Presley will be played by Zooey Deschanel’s Jess.

VIDEO | New Girl Cast Previews the Return of [Spoiler]

The episode’s conceit finds Jess and the gang joining Nick in his native Chicago for his dad’s burial. Nick’s mom, played by Emmy winner Margo Martindale, insists her hubby wanted a funeral fit for a (literal) king, and that’s when Jess decides to take matters into her own hands.

Check out the super-silly image below and then hit the comments with an answer to this Q: Which do you find more amusing — Jess’ pompadour hairdo or Nick’s flabbergasted reaction?

New Girl Season 2 Jess Elvis

Comments (9)

• Haha! I can’t choose. I think Jess’ do takes the cake. So many hilarious scenarios are running through my head. I can’t wait for this episode! I wonder if Nick’s dad’s really dead or if he’s just pulling another con, though.

Comment by rachelle – March 21, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elvis and Julius Pepperwood from Chicago. Thin crust pizza? No thank-you he’s from Chicago.

Comment by The Kaibosh – March 21, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment by burple.unicorn@yahoo.com – March 21, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • um, have you SEEN the video promos for this episode? Jess as Elvis WINS ALL THE AWARDS FOR SILLINESS AND PERFECTION

Comment by cjeffery7 – March 21, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zooey never ceases to surprise me with her silliness! I can’t wait to see this episode!

Comment by Benny – March 21, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad his dad is dead :( I liked the episode he was in..

Comment by Kat – March 21, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same. I love me some Dennis Farina.

Comment by Regina Mills – March 21, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Margo Martindale? Awesome! She’s been in SO many shows this season.

Comment by Teag – March 21, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elvis….? This could be interesting. I guess we have to tune in to find out.

Comment by Stone – March 22, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post