Exclusive

TVLine Items: Major Crimes Adds Earl Stunner, Liars' New Cop, Perception Scoop and More!

Major Crimes Season 2 SpoilersHer name is Nadine Velazquez, and she’s the newest addition to Major Crimes.

The My Name Is Earl alumna has been added as a series regular to the TNT drama in Season 2. Her character, Emma Rios, will be the deputy D.A. assigned to the Phillip Stroh case.

RELATED | TNT Sets Summer Premieres for Falling Skies, Rizzoli & Isles, King & Maxwell and More

Expect Emma to butt heads with Mary McDonnell’s Raydor in a big way after she questions the captain’s intentions as Rusty’s guardian.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Watch out, Wilden! Sean Faris is bringing a new cop to Pretty Little Liars. Per TV Guide Magazine, the Reunion/Vampire Diaries alum has joined Season 4 of the addictive drama (premiering June 11) as a Pennsylvania state police officer who heads to Rosewood for reasons unknown.

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars Boss Previews ‘Juicy’ Season 4, a Major Mon’A’ Twist, Ezria’s Sad Fate and More!

• TVLine has learned exclusively that veteran actor Ray Wise (Reaper) will guest-star in a Season 2 installment of Perception, playing a high-powered CEO at the center of an investigation after his business is accused of poisoning a small town.

Erstwhile Doctor Who companion Karen Gillian has joined Adult Swim’s NTSF:SD:SUV::, which launches its third season in July.

RELATED | Dexter Update: Walking Dead Bad Guy to Play Assassin Gunning for [Spoiler]

• Dexter has cast Darri Ingolfsson (Last Resort) in a multi-ep arc, EW.com reports. Ingolfsson will play an antique medieval equipment dealer who’s dating the Dark Passenger’s neighbor. The Showtime series’ eighth — and likely final — season launches June 30.

• TV Land has ordered a 24-episode fifth season of Hot in Cleveland. New Season 4 episodes of the comedy, meanwhile, are slated to bow June 19.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Renewals

1. Elyse says:

Sean Faris as a cop on PLL? I can dig it :)

• Maggie says:

me too! I may be the only person who was bummed his show Life As We Know It was cancelled many moons ago, I was wondering when he would pop back up on screen for more than just a couple eps on a show!

2. Rivera says:

yeay for Hot in Cleveland :D

3. Andy says:

Great news for Hot in Cleveland, and I’ve loved Ray Wise since Twin Peaks, so that will be fun.

4. iMember says:

Oh noooo, not another character on PLL. If there was ever a show that did not need to add any new characters into the mix, it’s PLL.

5. Doug says:

Please don’t perpetuate the Rusty storyline on Major Crimes! He is more annoying than Brenda’s parents, but at least they only visited occasionally.

• dee123 says:

It looks like he’s not going anywhere. Which is good i like Rusty.

• kate says:

don’t know how you can say that. Rusty turned Captain Raydor from a robot into a real person, and she turned him from a punk into a loveable stray. I love their dynamic. I definitely want more of it.

• Skosh says:

I also like the Rusty/Raydor storyline. It’s the main reason I kept watching after the Closer ended. Don’t turn him into too much of a goody-goody, though. Flashes of defiance would be good, but also show his vulnerability due to being dumped by his mother (twice!).

• Ginger says:

I agree! She had no personality. I like her with Rusty much better than Brenda because Brenda had never been a mother so she had no prior personality to draw upon. With Raydor you see flashes of what she was like as a younger woman/mother. Brenda’s parent were a sideshow, Rusty is much more human.

6. Amanda says:

Karen!!!! Ah. She’s brilliant at comedy. If any one hasn’t seen her parody of “I kissed a girl”…look that up on YouTube.

7. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

Hopefully she will still make the occasional appearance on The League.

8. Candace says:

Sean Faris went to my high school so I always get really excited when I read he got cast in something.

9. Ana says:

Hopefully Nadine can infuse new life and energy to MC. Because that show has decelerated considerably since Kyra left. It just doesn’t have the appeal and intellect of The Closer. And, a 24 episode S5 of Hot in Cleveland? Heck yes!!!

10. Reba says: