Video: First Trailer for AMC's Low Winter Sun

Low Winter Sun AMC“I’m not a bad person,” a Detroit detective tells us in this exclusive first look at AMC’s new drama Low Winter Sun – but he’s no Boy Scout, either.

Just how morally mixed-up the officer is becomes the focus of the 10-episode series from Criminal Minds‘ Chris Mundy.

Based on a 2006 British miniseries of the same name, Sun stars Mark Strong (Zero Dark Thirty) as a Detroit detective somehow involved in the murder of another cop. Though initially it seems like the perfect crime, the killing ensnares him in the city’s seedy underworld.

Lennie James (The Walking Dead, Jericho) co-stars.

Press PLAY on the trailer below, then hit the comments: Are you planning to bask in Low Winter Sun?

Comments (13)

• The visual look of the show is appealing, but the cliched lines had me glazing off halfway through the preview.

Comment by Untanned – March 21, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lennie James is in it. So therefore so am I. Looks pretty good.

Comment by Wheelz (@Joey_C523) – March 21, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Mark Strong and Lennie James. I’m in.

Comment by Plum – March 21, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not gonna watch the trailer for fear of spoilers, but I really hope it works out. AMC desperately needs themselves another quality drama with Breaking Bad and Mad Men both ending soon.

Comment by Superhero – March 21, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *cough*Walking Dead

Comment by Shaun – March 21, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sometimes I still can’t tell Strong and Andy Garcia apart. I just had to get that out. Silly me :D

Comment by Kate'shomesick – March 21, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very intrigued; since I loved Lennie James since Jericho, I’ll watch the pilot and see where it goes.

Comment by Derek Johnson – March 21, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lennie James and Ruben Santiago-Hudson! I’m definitely watching.

Comment by Adanzante – March 21, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks fantastic! Amazing cast. Count me in.

Comment by DL – March 21, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Won’t watch the trailer. Will try out the pilot. I will most likely like it too.

Comment by Teag – March 21, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Sprague Grayden and Lennie James–Can’t wait for this show to air-

Comment by Loisann – March 25, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First, I find the notion of two Brits executing flawless Inner City accents rawther awesome.

Next, Mark Strong: ‘Nuff said.

Finally, A&E seems willing to get fairly down, dirty and wrecklessly violent when appropriate. It’ll be interesting to see how Mark Strong’s character justifies his assertion, ” I’m a good person.”

I love A&E’s black-hearted good guys!

Comment by LisaL. – March 30, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post