Pilot Scoop: Ashley Williams Cast as Kelly Preston's Sister in ABC's Keep Calm

Keep Calm and Karey On Cast Ashley WilliamsAshley Williams (How I Met Your Mother) has been tapped to replace Majandra Delfino (State of Georgia) in ABC’s untitled comedy from Accidentally on Purpose‘s Andrea Abbate, TVLine has learned.

The project, fka Keep Calm and Karey On, centers on Kelly Preston’s Karey, the clean-nosed black sheep in a family of petty thieves, drug addicts, and narcissists. When her brother is sent to prison, she decides to raise his kids along with her adopted black son and give them the normal lives they deserve.

Williams will play Karey’s clueless sister Penny, the role initially occupied by Delfino (who was let go for creative reasons).

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Your Guide This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers, and Who’s In Them

Additionally, Haley Lu Richardson has been cast as Destiny, Karey’s teenage niece-turned-daughter.

The ensemble also includes Jane Seymour, Ella Anderson, Steve Talley and Isaac White.

1. Mike says:

My interest in this just increased significantly, love Ashley Williams.

2. dude says:

I didn’t mind “Keep Calm and Karey On” because it had a point. I don’t understand why they’d drop the pun and not retitle it completely.

3. dude says:

Every time I see her name, I think it’s a story about Allison Williams.

4. Nero theTVFiddler says:

She’s fantastic. I hope this pilot gets picked up – a good cast & smart people behind the scenes producing. Anyone who is a fan of HIMYM is well aware of Ashley’s charms and talent. When I think of her, one word immediately comes to mind – ‘Victoria’.

[and her sister is pretty darn good as well - watch 'Nashville'] ;)

5. Paula says:

I love her from HIMYM, so I will tune in, and I like that she has a body like a normal girl.

6. Shaun says:

She reminds me of Tess on Smallville.

• Nero theTVFiddler says:

You’re right – Cassidy Freeman. Looks very much like Ashley. I’m always wondering who will be cast as ‘the mother’ in HIMYM – I assume that decision is coming before this May’s season finale. If Bay/Thomas want to cast someone who looks like Ted’s Victoria (Ashley), Cassidy would be an interesting choice.

Sarah Lancaster’s [Chuck] name comes up in these postings as well – she has that Ashley/Cobie look. Sarah would be a good choice. My personal choice is still Erica Durance, another Smallville alumni – someone who looks a bit like Cobie and Ashley; in my mind, that’s the actress you want for ‘the mother’… someone who has the right look, and has series experience since she’ll need to jump right into the mix quickly next fall.

7. Martin says:

Very different from Majandra Delfino alright.

8. SJ says:

Do people over at ABC think that Kelly Preston is 30? Or that she looks 30? Because they keep casting actresses that are in their early 30s to play sister to a FIFTY-year-old. If Ashley Williams were playing KP’s daughter, that I’d believe. But sister? No.

Recast Kelly Preston and you might get me as a viewer.

9. leah says:

I hope Jane Seymour is replaced next. I’d hate for Ashley Williams to be in show I don’t watch