Pilot Scoop: Ashley Williams Cast as Kelly Preston's Sister in ABC's Keep Calm

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Keep Calm and Karey On Cast Ashley WilliamsAshley Williams (How I Met Your Mother) has been tapped to replace Majandra Delfino (State of Georgia) in ABC’s untitled comedy from Accidentally on Purpose‘s Andrea Abbate, TVLine has learned.

The project, fka Keep Calm and Karey On, centers on Kelly Preston’s Karey, the clean-nosed black sheep in a family of petty thieves, drug addicts, and narcissists. When her brother is sent to prison, she decides to raise his kids along with her adopted black son and give them the normal lives they deserve.

Williams will play Karey’s clueless sister Penny, the role initially occupied by Delfino (who was let go for creative reasons).

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Your Guide This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers, and Who’s In Them

Additionally, Haley Lu Richardson has been cast as Destiny, Karey’s teenage niece-turned-daughter.

The ensemble also includes Jane Seymour, Ella Anderson, Steve Talley and Isaac White.

Comments (15)

• My interest in this just increased significantly, love Ashley Williams.

Comment by Mike – March 21, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Though, I do hate the title, hope they change it.

Comment by Mike – March 21, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t mind “Keep Calm and Karey On” because it had a point. I don’t understand why they’d drop the pun and not retitle it completely.

Comment by dude – March 21, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. That title “Keep Calm and Carey On” really stuck with me. I hope they change it back.

Comment by Ally Oop – March 21, 2013 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every time I see her name, I think it’s a story about Allison Williams.

Comment by dude – March 21, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s fantastic. I hope this pilot gets picked up – a good cast & smart people behind the scenes producing. Anyone who is a fan of HIMYM is well aware of Ashley’s charms and talent. When I think of her, one word immediately comes to mind – ‘Victoria’.

[and her sister is pretty darn good as well - watch 'Nashville'] ;)

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – March 21, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel like Kimberly Williams-Paisley is the worst thing about Nashville.

Comment by Sg. Grant – March 21, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love her from HIMYM, so I will tune in, and I like that she has a body like a normal girl.

Comment by Paula – March 21, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She reminds me of Tess on Smallville.

Comment by Shaun – March 21, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right – Cassidy Freeman. Looks very much like Ashley. I’m always wondering who will be cast as ‘the mother’ in HIMYM – I assume that decision is coming before this May’s season finale. If Bay/Thomas want to cast someone who looks like Ted’s Victoria (Ashley), Cassidy would be an interesting choice.

Sarah Lancaster’s [Chuck] name comes up in these postings as well – she has that Ashley/Cobie look. Sarah would be a good choice. My personal choice is still Erica Durance, another Smallville alumni – someone who looks a bit like Cobie and Ashley; in my mind, that’s the actress you want for ‘the mother’… someone who has the right look, and has series experience since she’ll need to jump right into the mix quickly next fall.

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – March 21, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Neither of these. Odette Annable should be cast as the mother.

Comment by Sg. Grant – March 21, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very different from Majandra Delfino alright.

Comment by Martin – March 21, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do people over at ABC think that Kelly Preston is 30? Or that she looks 30? Because they keep casting actresses that are in their early 30s to play sister to a FIFTY-year-old. If Ashley Williams were playing KP’s daughter, that I’d believe. But sister? No.

Recast Kelly Preston and you might get me as a viewer.

Comment by SJ – March 21, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Jane Seymour is replaced next. I’d hate for Ashley Williams to be in show I don’t watch

Comment by leah – March 21, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post