Grey's Anatomy Recap: It's a Mc[Spoiler]!

greysOn Thursday’s Grey’s Anatomy, Meredith fixates on everything that could – pun intended – conceivably be wrong with the McBaby. For instance, it could be born with “three arms and a tail,” she suggests. And that’s just for starters. Is it still kicking up a storm? Derek asks. “Quiet now,” Mer replies. “Probably dead.” After that exchange, Derek finally puts his wife’s mind at ease by ordering a sonogram that reveals not only their child’s good health but also its gender. But more on that later…

RELATED | Season Finale Calendar: What’s Ending When?

SEXYBACK | At the start of the hour, the new prosthetic leg that allows Arizona to wear heels puts her in such an amorous mood that she tells Callie they’ll finally be having sex again that very night. Alas, her gam starts to hurt midway through the episode, leading her missus to grumpily – and wrongly – deduce that nookie is no longer in the cards. Turns out, Arizona so enjoys the stump massage Callie gives her at work that she wants the procedure to be repeated that evening… in bed… higher up her thigh!

POWER TRIP | Envious of the accolades that a magazine gives another doctor for his research, Cristina is thrilled when Russell seems to welcome her aboard the team for his lotus valve project – until she realizes that he doesn’t want her skills as a surgeon, he wants her clout as a board member. Later, however, realizing the power that she wields (and the purse strings she holds), she gets the board to slash Russell’s budget – forcing him to take her on (so there!) – and at last green-lights Bailey’s human genome mapping project.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

BOYS WILL BE BOYS | Smitten with Jo, Alex’s young patient convinces him to grant his “dying cancer wish” and join him in punking Chesty left, right and sideways. And it’s all fun and games for a while, with the newbie running around looking for a patient named Jenny Talia and such. But in the end, he still comes out on top by pointing out that Alex can yuk it up all he wants “while I’m nailing Jo in the bathroom at the bar.” Gee, classy.

ROUGH DAY AT THE OFFICE | While Meredith is tasked with telling schoolteacher Annette O’Toole that her gallstones are actually terminal cancer (and encouraging April to just shtup Matt already!), Derek is busy coaching Shane on how to keep his cool with a patient’s very scary dad. (Was that Mr. DeMartino from Daria?) At least the couple’s day ends on a high note when Mer’s sonogram reveals that the McBaby doesn’t have 11 fingers, it has 10… and one penis.

Okay, your turn. Hit the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Recaps

1. Romy says:

Pretty sure they’re gonna name McBaby Boy Mark or at least have Mark as a middle name

2. Elly says:

Yay!!! Called it! It’d be weird if they named it Mark as a first name. I loved Mark but he did have an affair and almost baby with Derek’s ex-wife.

3. Isaac says:

Loved this episode

4. Mike says:

I hoping for a girl to name Lexie, but I’m happy for Mer.

• Josh says:

My guess the baby’s name wll be Alexander(Xander so not to confuse the two characters) Mark Grey Shepard(a long one…I know). Lexie was short for Alexandra. I hope they don’t not at least give him the middle name Alexander because Alex already exists..

• tiffany says:

I agree Xander is perfect. He should be named after Lexie. Xander = Alexandria. It would be a lovely way to honor his aunt. The best aunt in the world. Because everybody knows Lexie hasn’t received much tribute except for the hospital name. Mark got plenty of tributes: 2 episode of Grey’s, video montage, mourned on Private Practice and the hospital named after him. Also they say his name all the time in theywhich should. COME ON SHONDA HONOR LEXIE THIS WAY. OR DO THE RIGHT THING AND BRING HER BACK TO LIFE!

• DarkDefender says:

Plus.. Zola and Xander has a nice ring to it.

5. Betsy says:

i predict the baby will be named after Derek’s father who was killed. Maybe Mark as a middle name.

6. Grey's girl says:

Shonda Rhimes already said via twitter the baby won’t be named Mark because there’s only one Mark Sloan.

7. Alichat says:

I’m rather hoping that Chesty isn’t around much longer. I kinda felt bad for him until he laid that “nailing her in the bathroom at the bar” line. At that point, I just wanted Alex to deck him. What a douche.

• wordsmith says:

Yeah, it’s good that they’ve finally just given us the go ahead to hate him. No more tortured lose-lose love triangles – I’m relieved to finally have one with a clear correct answer!

• Alex says:

Actually, not so! I don’t like Jo with Alex at all. They’re great friends, and that is IT. As for Chesty: ICK.

• Leigh says:

I love Alex with Jo so I’m also glad they officially defined Chesty as “not good enough” for Jo. This is the first non-Izzy relationship I’ve liked for Alex so I’m very much enjoying watching this play out. Slowly.

8. Ana says:

This is easily my favorite episode since S3. Everything was perfect. Karev playing with Jason and then Webber joining in has to be the most perfect Grey’s prank ever. Cristina using her powers for good, delicious. Der being supportive of paranoid Mer while being a super mentor to Shane, classy and swoon-inspiring. Bailey fighting and getting her research approved was classic. April getting the answer to.her dilemma through Owen’s timely, albeit inadvertent declaration of “it was worth the wait” was genius. Mousy and Leah were very amusing: I can see the marble!” Lol!! And of course, the beautifully written and acted journey back to intimacy for Callie and Arizona. Sara really knows how to deliver the sexy with just a look. My only complaint is the insistence on the part of ABC to pan away from they as they kiss. It feels like censorship, quite frankly and its becoming repetitive, tiresome and offensive. It’s evident that they will never be treated equally in comparison to the other couples, but they are actually reversing their original course. Going back to S6 they used to kiss openly. As the seasons progress we see more and more long shots, editing and an an abundance of Sara’s and JCap’s hair covering their faces and lips. Censorship…

9. forwarddad says:

Why does the recapper always give the ending in first paragraph.

• wordsmith says:

Because it’s a recap – the whole thing is a spoiler, does it really matter in what order he gives it to us?

10. juan says:

Loved the episode. Loved the Calzona scene when Callie give Arizona a massage. Also, the case with the teacher was beyond sad, I could just imagine one of my fav. teachers going through that and it would have been awful. And also loved the pranks with the other patient. Jenny Talia was awesome haha, also loved christina, Mer and bailey, they were hilarious.

11. goodepi says:

Calzona got their mojo back in a big and sexy way! So sweet and lovely epi. I loved it!

12. luli says:

Probably one of the best of this season!! loved heather’s zingers in the episode, she was hilarious, April was pretty funny and Alex and the kid were great! Also does anyone know the actor’s name of the kid and the teacher? I’m sure i’ve seen them before…

13. wordsmith says:

Is it bad that my favorite part of this episode was Mousey and her elusive nose-marble?

• Jamie says:

That was my favorite part, too. Well, it’s neck-and-neck with April’s discussion with Mer about carnival rides. Heather/Mousy is so adorably quirky. I’m either indifferent to the other interns or actively want them gone, but I actually want Heather to be more integrated into the cast. That’s a high compliment when I think that the show would benefit from slimming down the cast.

• Kerry says:

Not at all. The actress who plays Mousey is comic gold. My only LOL last night, and of the entire season, was one of her scenes. Of all the interns, she’s the best but actually I like them all.

14. fiona says:

As soon as I saw the cancer patient I was like “OMG Martha Kent”. Anyways a very entertaining episode on the whole

15. Shuayb. says:

Very entertaining episode. I laughed so hard when Christina told Rusell about her plans. So funny!
    I knew it was going to be a boy. I just hope Shonda has enough sense to name the baby Alexander or something like that so we can pay a little more homage to Lexie. Maybe Derek’s fathers name can come into the equation. Mark doesn’t need to be in there. He has a hospital named after him.

Calzona’s story arc has been done so brilliantly this season. I really applaud the writers and Shonda for giving them a hurdle to overcome and then letting them overcome it in a authentic and real way.

Great ep, can’t wait for next week. Sarah Chalke is gonna kill it!
    ANd wow! Martha Kent is old now! Still remember her in Nash BRidges.

• Monica4185 says:

The hospital is name after both Mark and Lexie. I’m pretty sure Shonda is not going to the baby after anyone who died, that’s why the hospital is now name Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.

• shuayb says:

It wouldn’t make sense for them to chose a random name for the baby. It will have strong ties to the people they have loved and lost. Trust me on this.

16. chris says:

who was the school teacher on grey’s anatomy last night

17. chris says:

Annette O’toole … superman 3

18. tahina says:

Loved this episode. I’m a Greys newbie and can’t get enough. Calzona?

19. Leigh says:

This is the first episode this season that felt like GREY’S ANATOMY. I still miss Mark and Lexie, though. But I enjoyed the rest of the characters behaving *in* character. Meredith was neurotic but caring. Christina was hilarious. Alex’s jealousy was fun. Derek was handsome. Owen wasn’t shouting. The interns were clicking. And Arizona and Callie – at long last! – feel like themselves again. I’ve missed them.

20. Luis says:

McSqwuaky?

21. I JUST PLAIN LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW……I ENJOY EACH ANS EVERY SHOWAND AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE EVERY WEEK. I HATE THE SEASON ENDINGS WHICH MEANS I HAVE TOWAIT WAYTO LONG FOR THE NEXT SHOW,,,

22. paula Kennedy says:

Who is the actress who had marble in her head this last episode? She was a child star.

23. IMO, Jo doesn’t have much sex appeal, so when whats-his-face made the comment about ‘nailing’ her in the bathroom I was completely grossed out. I really don’t see her as having a connection with anyone on that show. I feel like Alex is only pining over her because he always wants what he can’t have.

24. Lea says:

The episode was so good. Meredith’s case was so sad and emotional. The MerDer scenes were so good. So happy they’re having a baby boy!!!!

25. joan says:

I have watched greys anatomy for years I feel at this time it is getting very boring. the same thing every week. come up with new story lines. it is getting to be very old and the same thing over and over again.