TNT Sets Summer Premieres for Falling Skies, Rizzoli & Isles, King & Maxwell and More

Get More: News, Premieres

fallingskies300TNT has unveiled its summer slate, which includes the returns of Falling Skies, Major Crimes and Rizzoli & Isles, as well as the debut of new drama King & Maxwell.

RELATED | Taye Diggs, Kathleen Robertson to Investigate Murder in Steven Bochco Pilot for TNT

Season 3 of Falling Skies launches Sunday, June 9 at 9/8c before moving to its regular 10pm timeslot.

The following Monday, June 10, Major Crimes begins its second season at 9 pm. It will lead into the series premiere of King & Maxwell, starring Jon Tenney (The Closer) and Rebecca Romijn (X-Men) as author David Baldacci’s popular P.I. characters Sean King and Michelle Maxwell.

Rizzoli & Isles and Perception will air Tuesdays at 9 and 10 pm respectively, starting June 18; Franklin & Bash returns Wednesday, July 24 at 9 pm.

Also on tap for the cabler this summer: The unscripted competition series The Hero, featuring The Rock, and 72 Hours (both premiering Thursday, June 6); and the docu-drama procedural Cold Justice (Aug. 27).

Press PLAY to check out a preview of all the fare.

Comments (34)

• yes!!! I love Falling Skies, Franklin & Bash and Rizzoli & Isles! ill also checkout King & Maxwell.

Comment by Elyse – March 21, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!! Rizzoli and Isles and Major Crimes!!!

Comment by Eric – March 21, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Rock is getting a reality show, but Leverage wasn’t given a season 6?

Comment by Andy – March 21, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did Nicholas Sparks drama, based on A Bend in the Road, ever get picked up by TNT?

Comment by BATB – March 21, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, how I miss TNT during bad network months! And I will miss Leverage but let’s face it, contract negotiation time was up and since it’s in syndication the network gets their money back on money spent without putting out any more cash for cast and crew.

Comment by Missy Kelly – March 21, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • where is it on? not anywhere on Dish

Comment by katyone – June 9, 2013 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean Falling Skies will get a 2 hour premiere?

Comment by Drizz – March 21, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching Falling Skies last season – it got soooo boring. It had aliens, Moon Bloodgood *and* Noah Whiley (three things I love) and it still couldn’t keep me watching. The drama of the three brothers was exhausting. Come on, hunt some aliens.

Comment by mia – March 21, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d rather have Leverage back than Falling Skies.

Comment by Anna Paolinelli (@AnnaPaolinelli1) – March 21, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • dittto, it lost me when Noah went up in the space ship, never could get back to watching it even though it was on the DVR, finally deleted all of them

Comment by katyone – June 2, 2013 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I stopped watching Falling Skies as it was lowering my IQ. The writers really must think viewers are stupid. I love Moon and Noah but the scripts are really lame.

Comment by John Thom – July 7, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My theory is that after the writer’s strike, they started hiring rehab dropouts, mentally ill homeless people and out of work network execs to write the shows or maybe it was outsourced to China or India. That could account for a lot of things………..

Comment by katyone – July 9, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amped for the return of Falling Skies!

Comment by Josh – March 21, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t watched a thing on TNT since they cancelled Leverage. I have watched both seasons of Falling Skies, but, I found it kind of boring. I may just skip season 3. Still peeved about no Leverage season 6. There is nothing else on that network to get me coming back.

Comment by modo1013 – March 21, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I used to watch TNT a lot. But since they went to mostly summer shows (15 or less episodes) it is hard to keep interest in the shows with 9 month layoffs. One of the most irritating things about TNT and other cable/satellite channels besides dumping the VERY FEW really good original shows they produce is when they re-run current shows from other networks, for example the Mentalist from CBS. They run the same shows over and over again month after month. Talk about boring and then they won’t let you record them guess they are afraid you won’t buy their DVDs (I won’t anyway, ha) or are willing to watch each episode weekly for months on end. Also why aren’t they running repeats of the years of episodes of Leverage that they already have? Got to be some sort of greed motive otherwise it would be on, they aren’t exactly over run with good programming anymore.

Comment by katyone – June 9, 2013 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will Frank Darabont’s show premiere? It was picked up, right? The pilot’s been in the can for a year now, if I’m not mistake. I really want to watch that show.

Comment by mac – March 21, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would like to know this as well. This is the one with Jon Bernthal, correct?

Comment by Ruby – March 21, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do anybody know when the USA Network annouce their 2013 Premiere Dates like TNT did today.

Comment by lashawn – March 21, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TNT and USA are my go-to networks for summer viewing. Super excited about R&I, Perception and Maxwell and King. I watched Major Crimes more out of loyalty than enjoyment. It has none of the energy and charisma that The Closer had. And the Rusty character is not very endearing. I will watch though. Unless it gets intolerably bad. Franklin and Bash is just a bad, bad show, IMO. Their attempt at comedy is so over the top that it becomes grating and almost insulting. And the overacting is painful to watch. At least its no longer behind my favorite show. Whatever happened to the pilot Eric Dane was working on? I was really looking forward to having McSteamy on my screen again.

Comment by Ana – March 21, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do anybody know when they will annouce the summer preview schedule for summer 2013 TV shows.

Comment by lashawn – March 21, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeahhhh! Can’t wait to watch Major Crimes, Rizzoli and Isles, Perception and Franklin and Bash. Countdown 3 more months.

Comment by Drama – March 21, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ohh, Falling Skies, come back to me. Love that show SO MUCH.

Comment by Ruby – March 21, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I’m so happy that Perception will be getting the post-Rizzoli & Isles spot! It deserves a cushy spot.

Comment by nick1372 – March 21, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RIZZOLI & ISLES! YAY

Comment by JKR – March 22, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Major Crimes, R & I and Royal Pains to air!!!!

Comment by maison – April 9, 2013 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Falling Skies, Major Crimes, Rizzoli and Isles and I am sooo happy that they will be back soon! I also will be checking out The Hero and Maxwell and King because I really like Jon Tenny and Dewayne (the Rock) Johnson. I will greatly miss Leverage. I loved their characters so much!

Comment by Mel415 – April 13, 2013 03:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Falling skies is the shizzzzzzznitt….. Its the only show i watch on this netwrk, haven’t clickd bk to the channel since season2s finally of falling skies… I need my 2nd mass fix….

Comment by lp – April 15, 2013 03:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In my opinion Falling Skies got pretty boring. Not enough action, way too much boring talking and arguing… Seems more like a soap opera. I am not overly excited about the new season.

Also another horrible show, much worse than falling skies, is Defiance on syfy channel…awful.

Comment by jri – May 11, 2013 12:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, almost forgot… Anyone want to buy some discount leather goods? Lol.

Comment by jri – May 11, 2013 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Falling Skies is the greatest for my whole family!!! Because if you are a true Sci-Fy fan then you really love ALL THE ALIEN SHOWS, MOVIES ETC. We all grew up with Twilight Zone, Outer Limits etc. All of us love Grimm, Once upon a Time, Revolution, Lost, & especially “Defiance” !!!! Kinda reminds us of Farscape, Star Wars & Star Trek all rolled into one!!! Falling Skies is just seting up the ground work for the collaboration between both human beings and other species that have been mutated and races that have been overtaken and forced into submission or extinction!!! If you will try to watch it this 3rd Season I know it is really going to heat up when then discover another race who wants to fight back also against these New Aliens who want to implant these mind controlling “things onto the younger and weaker children so they can “Morph” into a “Creature” that New Invading Aliens can control. But there is HOPE ON THE HORIZON WHEN A NEW aLIEN CRAFT LANDS THAT WANTS TO JOIN “EARTH’S TEAM” TO OVERTHROW THE INVASION!!!! Keep watching this NEW SEASON 3 & I bet you won’t be disappointed Sci-Fi fans!!!

Comment by Laura C. – May 28, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you have to have cable, because we can’t find a TNT channel?

Comment by Steve Humane – June 9, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, satellite or cable, not on regular broadcasting. If you have DSL or broadband you could probably pick them up online. I cannot get the internet necessary to view online so I get satellite. Some satellite co have few channels + local channels for like $20/mo and I think TNT is included, you may want to look into that.

Comment by katyone – June 9, 2013 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Major Crimes, Season 1, actually much better than the Closer. The last 2 seasons of the Closer were terrible and the writers should have been shot. What are they doing to Major Crimes this season?
    1 They now have a DA who has an IQ of about 12 and seems to have no knowledge of the law or much of anything else. What happened to the guy they had on last season, he was much better?
    2 What happened to Fritz?
    3 What is the point of bringing in a stupid character like Sharon’s (ex?) husband?
    Are they trying to ruin the show so they can cancel it ? They are doing a fine job of it.

Comment by katyone – July 9, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post