Exclusive Community Sneak Peek: Can Jeff Survive His Day With Pierce?

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

At least Pierce is consistent in his offensive nature…?

Tonight’s episode of Community (NBC, 8/7c) forces Jeff to spend the day with the oft-controversial study grouper — and after watching the following exclusive first look, we can see exactly why the Wing-man is so (so!) reluctant about doing so.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

Press PLAY to watch the jaw-dropping exchange, then hit the comments with your thoughts: What is Pierce’s deal?!

Tags: ,

Comments (10)

• Awww, there’s someone on the other end of his texting.

Comment by madhatter360 – March 21, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m glad that I wasn’t the only want to notice that. :)

Comment by Charlotte – March 21, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly don’t blame Chevy for leaving. While I’m sure he’s partially at fault, his character’s been mutilated. Pierce was originally just politically incorrect but hilarious. Over the past season the writers have turned him into an unlikable sexist bigot.

Comment by Andrew – March 21, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it is completely Chevy’s fault. He never understood the humor of the show and has spent almost all of the entire past seasons pouting in his trailer and being a big problem for everyone. I think he wanted to be the star of the show and it never happened because he was never supposed to be the star or a central character. His ego got in the way and never allowed Pierce to be anything more than a difficult and obnoxious person that everyone had a hard time liking or wanting around.

Comment by S. – March 21, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Typical Dan Harmon fanboi, blaming the innocent victim (Chevy Chase)

Comment by Father Time – March 21, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, of course. My bad. it’s perfectly okay to throw tantrums and lock yourself in your trailer and refuse to come out and DO YOUR JOB. And I am sure the character of Pierce came to a complete surprise to Chase. I mean, it’s not like he was ever given a script before filming the very first episode or for any scenes afterward.

I did like CC. I did. I grew up on his movies, I’ve watched his work on Saturday Night Live. Christmas Vacation was a must in our house during the holidays. But he has been a brat. He didn’t like Pierce, okay. But Pierce was changing, or at least I saw it that way. Maybe CC didn’t like being the bad guy, but if he’d handled it better I doubt he would have stayed that way. I mean, look at Jeff. Look how far Jeff’s come in just a few years. The Jeff in the first episode didn’t give a crap about anyone and now he’s become sort of the leader of this really wierd group. I mean, he’s spending the day with Pierce. That’s progress.

Comment by S. – March 21, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Hahaha! Excellent response, S!

Comment by TV Gord – March 21, 2013 09:53 PM PDT
    • I’ve often wondered what came first: Chevy’s attitude alienating his coworkers or his character being destroyed.

Comment by Artemis – March 21, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it was both at the same time. I think he never understood the character of Pierce and he started being difficult about it which made it harder and harder to write the character and it became this cycle. I also think Pierce was worse the first season, and he didn’t so much become more likeable but as least more sympathetic. We started to see the human in Pierce, but for some reason that all fell apart and I think the writers stopped trying.

Comment by S. – March 21, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chevy Chase is, was and always has been, a major d-bag. Go all the way back to his SNL days and ask anyone who was there. They’ll enlighten you on his behavior on and off the set.

Comment by Bob – March 22, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post