Sneak Peek: Castle Witnesses a Murder (Or Does He?) in Rear Window-Inspired 100th Episode

Castle channels Rear Window for its 100th episode on April 1 (ABC, 10/9c), and it’s a real drag — for Rick.

The writer/amateur sleuth finds himself trapped at the loft with a broken leg and bored out of his mind. But things take a turn for the dramatic when death strikes very close to home.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

Taking a page from Alfred Hitchcock’s classic film, Castle swears he witnessed the killing of a young woman in an apartment across the street. Although Beckett and the rest of the precinct are working a different case, they still show up to suss out his suspicions.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts. Is Rick off his rocker wheelchair, or did he really see a crime in action?

1. Astrid says:

Can’t wait to see it!

2. Karen says:

Yay cannot wait

3. Kampa says:

That’s a lot for just a broken foot!

4. Alichat says:

Love this! Rear Window is my favorite Hitchcock film!

5. blueaeryn says:

Get your facts right – read the press relates when it is sent to you. Castle broke his knee cap on a ski weekend with Beckett. He has been housebound for two weeks.

• Jason says:

A bit harsh. And I think you mean release and not relates. Get your words right. :) Almost like a person could just make a simple mistake.

6. Susan says:

You might want to look at the photo. I don’t think he would have brace all the way up his leg for a broken foot! LOL

7. AlfredHitchcock says:

Good lord – not that tired old saw. Really, no original thoughts Castle writers? Let’s just rip off Rear Window as if that’s never been done before. I don’t watch Castle because I don’t like it, but I couldn’t help read the article becauseof the headline, I couldn’t believe some one was actually stealing from Rear Window yet again.

8. Alan says:

cool, i love when people use rear window as their inspiration since its such a great plot and can be done in different ways. i can guarantee that the case the precinct are working on is related. would be cool if alexis gets to work with castle to solve it this episode since its always enjoyable to watch those two bouncing theories off each other, alexis is a chip off the block when it comes to solving crime.

9. Andy says:

This is going to be fun.

10. mia says:

Only Psych and Castle could do this story justice. Really really looking forward to it.
    Love all their nods to different genres. Such a pleasure to watch.

• Jason says:

My mind went to Psych too! Both because they did their own Hitchcock homage episode and because they have their own 100th episode coming up.

• mia says:

I loved Psych’s Hitchcock episode – it was so well done! All their “themed” episodes are though; ‘Hangover’, ‘Buffy’, Twin Peaks’, etc. Always awesome (but usually every episode of that show is pretty dern fun).

11. Rida says:

Cant wait for this episode.
    Matt, will we get any exclusive interviews of the cast n crew for the 100th episode celebration?

12. Mari says:

Oh can’t wait for this one.

13. Oliver says:

Didn’t CSI NY also do this a couple of seasons back?

14. Janet says:

What if Beckett arranged a birthday present of a “murder” for Castle to solve while he’s housebound and bored…?

15. Becca says:

Can’t wait! You guys always have the best Castle scoop :)

16. May says:

Stana’s hair looks incredible. I envy that hair so damn much. On another notice, the episode sounds very fun. Filler for sure, but fun nonetheless.

17. Lori Anderson says:

I believe Castle saw what he saw.

18. Kayla says:

I wonder how many younger viewers won’t even know what Rear Window is. Which is super depressing.

19. DarkDefender says:

I always look forward to Castle episodes (new and old).. Even the “filler” episodes are fun. I like the theory above that Kate somehow did it for Castle for his birthday.. But more importantly, I hope Alexis comes home to “help out” with taking care of him while Beckett is at the precinct and to help him solve the crime. Can’t wait to see how it all plays out.

20. Dory says:

Still following rerun and can’t wait for Monday. Just love it Thx TNT .

21. JC says:

Great episode! Fun and now we’re getting that pulse of character in a relationship, and in love (even though Beckett has said those three little words –maybe this episode 21?) that doesn’t seem like sisters and brothers. Thank you, for fixing that. I love this show there should have been 25 episodes, but I will take my 24 and be happy. Season 5 has been great over-all and as a fan. I send out a thank you to the writers and the brilliant cast of actors, Stana and Nathan rocked in this season (loved the rear window episode, great fun). I am now holding my breath for episode 21…OMG! The Drama! :) :) :)

See You All In Castle Land

• Lori Anderson says:

I love seeing them together too, but esp. 21 I won’t be watching because the preview almost had me in tears. Monday’s night was good and funny.

22. tceh says:

I am a huge fan.

23. tceh says:

Love the Rear Window nod… It is paying respects to the classics and giving the younger gens a chance to get acquainted… Hopefully this show continues for subsequent seasons.