Sneak Peek: Castle Witnesses a Murder (Or Does He?) in Rear Window-Inspired 100th Episode

Castle channels Rear Window for its 100th episode on April 1 (ABC, 10/9c), and it’s a real drag — for Rick.

The writer/amateur sleuth finds himself trapped at the loft with a broken leg and bored out of his mind. But things take a turn for the dramatic when death strikes very close to home.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

Taking a page from Alfred Hitchcock’s classic film, Castle swears he witnessed the killing of a young woman in an apartment across the street. Although Beckett and the rest of the precinct are working a different case, they still show up to suss out his suspicions.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts. Is Rick off his rocker wheelchair, or did he really see a crime in action?

Tags: ,

Comments (35)

• Can’t wait to see it!

Comment by Astrid – March 21, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay cannot wait

Comment by Karen – March 21, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s a lot for just a broken foot!

Comment by Kampa – March 21, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a broken leg. Amended, thanks!

Comment by Vlada Gelman – March 21, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this! Rear Window is my favorite Hitchcock film!

Comment by Alichat – March 21, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get your facts right – read the press relates when it is sent to you. Castle broke his knee cap on a ski weekend with Beckett. He has been housebound for two weeks.

Comment by blueaeryn – March 21, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A bit harsh. And I think you mean release and not relates. Get your words right. :) Almost like a person could just make a simple mistake.

Comment by Jason – March 21, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You might want to look at the photo. I don’t think he would have brace all the way up his leg for a broken foot! LOL

Comment by Susan – March 21, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good lord – not that tired old saw. Really, no original thoughts Castle writers? Let’s just rip off Rear Window as if that’s never been done before. I don’t watch Castle because I don’t like it, but I couldn’t help read the article becauseof the headline, I couldn’t believe some one was actually stealing from Rear Window yet again.

Comment by AlfredHitchcock – March 21, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This seems more a case of “paying homage” than “ripping off,” in my opinion.

Comment by DL – March 21, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And you would be correct.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 21, 2013 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its not ripping of its called paying homage but that just my way of thinking

Comment by Karen – March 21, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, sure. Because every it’s so uncommon for a TV show to pay an homage to Hitchcock, Spielberg, Tarantino and others. No TV show has done it before.

Comment by May – March 21, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mr. Hitchcock has risen from the dead to do some trolling, I see. I was always under the impression that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery…

Comment by megshells – March 23, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cool, i love when people use rear window as their inspiration since its such a great plot and can be done in different ways. i can guarantee that the case the precinct are working on is related. would be cool if alexis gets to work with castle to solve it this episode since its always enjoyable to watch those two bouncing theories off each other, alexis is a chip off the block when it comes to solving crime.

Comment by Alan – March 21, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to be fun.

Comment by Andy – March 21, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only Psych and Castle could do this story justice. Really really looking forward to it.
    Love all their nods to different genres. Such a pleasure to watch.

Comment by mia – March 21, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My mind went to Psych too! Both because they did their own Hitchcock homage episode and because they have their own 100th episode coming up.

Comment by Jason – March 21, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved Psych’s Hitchcock episode – it was so well done! All their “themed” episodes are though; ‘Hangover’, ‘Buffy’, Twin Peaks’, etc. Always awesome (but usually every episode of that show is pretty dern fun).

Comment by mia – March 21, 2013 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait for this episode.
    Matt, will we get any exclusive interviews of the cast n crew for the 100th episode celebration?

Comment by Rida – March 21, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh can’t wait for this one.

Comment by Mari – March 21, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t CSI NY also do this a couple of seasons back?

Comment by Oliver – March 21, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What if Beckett arranged a birthday present of a “murder” for Castle to solve while he’s housebound and bored…?

Comment by Janet – March 21, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly my theory! I hope it’s the case, it would be such a great gesture from Kate.

Comment by Jul – March 22, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait! You guys always have the best Castle scoop :)

Comment by Becca – March 21, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana’s hair looks incredible. I envy that hair so damn much. On another notice, the episode sounds very fun. Filler for sure, but fun nonetheless.

Comment by May – March 21, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe Castle saw what he saw.

Comment by Lori Anderson – March 21, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder how many younger viewers won’t even know what Rear Window is. Which is super depressing.

Comment by Kayla – March 22, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always look forward to Castle episodes (new and old).. Even the “filler” episodes are fun. I like the theory above that Kate somehow did it for Castle for his birthday.. But more importantly, I hope Alexis comes home to “help out” with taking care of him while Beckett is at the precinct and to help him solve the crime. Can’t wait to see how it all plays out.

Comment by DarkDefender – March 22, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still following rerun and can’t wait for Monday. Just love it Thx TNT .

Comment by Dory – March 29, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great episode! Fun and now we’re getting that pulse of character in a relationship, and in love (even though Beckett has said those three little words –maybe this episode 21?) that doesn’t seem like sisters and brothers. Thank you, for fixing that. I love this show there should have been 25 episodes, but I will take my 24 and be happy. Season 5 has been great over-all and as a fan. I send out a thank you to the writers and the brilliant cast of actors, Stana and Nathan rocked in this season (loved the rear window episode, great fun). I am now holding my breath for episode 21…OMG! The Drama! :) :) :)

See You All In Castle Land

Comment by JC – April 16, 2013 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love seeing them together too, but esp. 21 I won’t be watching because the preview almost had me in tears. Monday’s night was good and funny.

Comment by Lori Anderson – April 16, 2013 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a huge fan.

Comment by tceh – December 30, 2013 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the Rear Window nod… It is paying respects to the classics and giving the younger gens a chance to get acquainted… Hopefully this show continues for subsequent seasons.

Comment by tceh – December 30, 2013 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post