Exclusive

Veronica Mars Movie: 7 Big Spoilers -- Including V's New BF, Who Won't Be Back and More

Veronica Mars Movie SpoilersWith nearly $4 million in the Kickstarter coffers, the Veronica Mars movie is not only happening, it’s happening on a grander scale than anyone — most notably series creator and film campaign architect Rob Thomas — could’ve imagined.

With an official green light from Warner Bros. in the can, now comes the hard part for Thomas: making a movie fans old and new will want to see.

RELATED | Veronica Mars Kickstarter Campaign: Don’t You Dare Feel Bad About Chipping In

“If we turn in a lousy movie, that would be a sad ending to the story,” observes Thomas with a laugh.

That seems unlikely, considering Thomas’ script will find Veronica and her former classmates descending on Neptune for their 10-year high school reunion. “Fans want to see those all those characters back together again,” he says. “And the reunion set piece allows me to do that.”

PHOTOS | 7 Shows That Should Follow Veronica Mars’ Kickstarter Lead (and 3 That Shouldn’t)

At this point, only Kristen Bell is signed on for the pic, but Warner Bros. will soon start making deals with the rest of the core cast.

But who won’t be invited back? And will Veronica be spoken for when she resurfaces? Also, what will the film be rated? For answers to all of those questions — and then some — flip through the following spoilertastic gallery.

1. Alicia L. says:

I’m exited for the movie, but her being a lawyer doesn’t seem completely out of the realm of possibilities, but I agree with others it is a little out of character.

As far as Veronica’s mystery bf I think it will be Leo or someone we haven’t seen. The only issue I have with it being Duncan is not that it isn’t believable, but the fact that I’m pretty sure that the statute of limitations on kidnapping isn’t up even after eleven. Though I would love Teddy Dunn to be in the movie.

To the person who thought that Mac and Dick were out of the realm of possibility, did you not watch the series finale? On that note here is hoping that Tina Majorino’s hair grows out before they film the movie because the short hair she is sporting on GA at the current moment doesn’t fit the character of Mac at all and I don’t think Rob Thomas and Co. have the money to fund for a really good wig.

I really want them to come back after nine years and we find out that Wallace’s mom and Keith got back together and got married I loved them together in the first and second season.

I also really want to find out that Weevil became like successful at something. Like maybe a DJ or something hip, but something that made him able to support all of his younger siblings and his grandma.

I also think it would be really cool if Mac got hired by the FBI or even Kane software and is really successful or has her own computer company.

I want Wallace to be a successful structural engineer because he deserves it.

I really want Vinne Van Lowe in the flick and to find out he got fired as Sheriff for corruption after like a year.

Most of all I want LoVe to get back together at the end of the movie, but I also want it to be in the style of VM were it is obvious they are back together, but nothing is definitive.

2. Lulu says:

So exited, can’t wait i am sure Veronica, Keith and Logan will have the lead roles and Wallace, Weevil, Mac and Dick will have major roles on it..and of course Logan and Veronica will be together in one way or another during the movie..OF COURSE
    Veronica being a lawyer at the beginning of the movie why not, after that she will get back her PI habits..come on it is obvious. Let’s go for a 5 million movie funding guys in order to have a beautiful cinemotography for the movie !

3. Gagarin says:

Why on Earth would she run away from PI/law enforcement and run to lawyering? I get why she’d drop her PI life, but it makes more sense to me for the character to do something completely different. Med school? Psychiatry or counseling? International business? Veronica was smart and she could do any of this. Lawyer seems so bland. Working with children of alcoholics, working with abused children? I could see that stemming from her own experiences. But lawyer? After what happened at Lilly’s trial I can’t see why she’d ever want to be in a court room again.

• Ashley says:

Perhaps she’s do civil law or helping others in that kind of way? Going after slimey lawyers like the one that helped Aaron.

4. Ariel says:

I have a feeling this movie will be interesting…Veronica is most likely dating someone new that we haven’t met yet (probably from her college). I think I’d be annoyed if she stayed with Piz or somehow found Duncan and went back to him. I bet there will be a murder or something at her high school reunion and Veronica will end up having to defend Logan using her lawyer skills and PI knowledge. I remember in season 3 that she passed the PI exam..ITS TIME FOR A REWATCH! I think Rob Thomas will stay true to the series and reunite Logan and Veronica in the right light and at the right time.

5. RIckOnce says:

I hope a good story with an important role for Capra

• Lala says:

AGREE! what about a parole officer or someone that works with at-risk youth. who would understand them bettah?

6. RIckOnce says:

perhaps Logan’ll find his mother
    I believe that Ducan’ll be not in this movie because that actor has stopped to play for retun to his studies.

7. Mikael says:

I’d like it if Keith and Wallace’s mom had gotten back together too. Their breakup seemed so strange to me. They couldn’t even try to work it out? I know he violated her trust by investigating her past and everything, but still. She was being really sketchy about it. Who wouldn’t be curious?

8. MoshiMoshi says:

what????? how can anyone survive 9 yrs without seeing Logan!!!!!!!!

9. bobbie says:

logan is a must! without him, bleh (meh x 10)

10. Amy says:

I have to admit, I’m slightly disappointed she isn’t in the FBI.

11. natalie says:

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED to hear that Veronica’s new bf is not Logan, but he BETTER be ENDGAME by the end of the movie! I think it’s safe to say that most VM fans shipped VeronicaxLogan and that most of the reason we kept watching the show was to see what happened to them.

12. damian says:

I’m waiting for all the disappointment. A good show should rest in peace even if it died before its time (and i’m not even sure about that, imo season 3 was very weak and the second one fell a little short, great season 1 ofc^^). But it could be good too. What i’m saying is, don’t have expectations, they won’t be met (i’m 90% sure about that). ;)

13. @iamkristenbell @RobThomas regarding Ausielo spoilers “V will not be single”…As long as she is not with Pizz (I know you spell w/one Z) but, hooked on phonics I spell Pizz as in…no Fizz…no chemistry.

14. Patti says:

i hope there is loads of keith/veronica and veronica/logan and that those 3 do not die or become the killer/bad guy

15. Sokratis says:

Really hoping he changes his mind about the Lily ghost part. Its a part of Veronica that still needs to be shown. Perhaps maybe a Duncan cameo too?

16. Pernilla says:

Reblogged this on TV-Klubben and commented:
    Antar att ni är lika peppade som jag på Vernoica Mars-filmen? Brukar vanligtvis inte gilla spoilers överhuvudtaget men här finns det inget att förlora tänker jag. Hoppas hoppas hoppas det blir så bra som jag tror!

17. lush says:

If Veronica and Logan don’t finally end up together then I want my money back.

18. Seuss says:

whoa, had no idea there was a fund for this or I so would have donated. So is Rob Thomas accepting donations (bribes) toward a favorite couple we want together? For instance, can we vote for Veronica and Logan to end up together with our pocketbook? haha. I NEED that closure and I would be willing to pay up big time to get it. ; )

19. Ella says:

I feel kinda silly for being sad that Backup is dead :/ I know it was unrealistic that he’d still be alive(not impossible though, my rottweiler lived to 15) but I really liked her dog!

20. Freya says:

I LOVE Veronica Mars and I am so excited for the movie!!:)

21. sal says:

i doubt they will close the the veronica and logan chapter but rather keep it on going as rob thomas is hopefull for sequels

22. Scott Green says:

Last time we saw Duncan he was in Australia with Meg and his child. But hopefully he makes an appearance…..