Exclusive Video: Watch The Following's Jacob and Emma Have a Painfully Awkward Reunion

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

While Jacob was away, Emma did play — and as our exclusive first look at this Monday’s The Following (Fox, 9/8c) reveals, the Joe Carroll devotee (and bed buddy) is going to have a lot of groveling to do.

Picking up not long after the most recent episode of the killer thriller, Emma is eager to explain to her longtime love why she chose to abandon him and Paul in exchange for her sweet new digs. Unfortunately for her, he’s not interested. (And added bonus: Little Joey’s back!)

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

Press PLAY below to experience the duo’s wonderfully awkward exchange, then hit the comments!

Loading video...

Comments (16)

• I miss Paul, he was really compelling… and very adorable…. even if he was a bit on the crazy side and a lot on the stabby side.

Too soon to hope for Jacob and the (newly single ;) Roderick?

Comment by Strepsi – March 20, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! More of Jacob being pissed, and more of Emma groveling please! Seems obvious to me she ignored their calls so she could better spend her time trying to worm her way closer to Joe without interference. Because it also seems like Joe still had plans for that little threesome. Wonder how he’ll feel about Emma’s deception when he finds out?

Comment by Mo – March 20, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see Joe’s reaction to Emma’s deception and Paul’s death!!! Also I don’t just want Jacob to ignore her, I want him to make her suffer, make her cry…!!! :3

Comment by Max – March 20, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the Emma will be in deep doo doo when Joe finds out that she let Paul die by ignoring the phone calls!!💩💩💩

Comment by Lisa – March 20, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jacob and Paul are surprisingly one of the few reasons why I tune in. I enjoy Emma’s character too. Joe and Ryan don’t really do anything for me. Ryan just feels like a cliche and Joe feels like a cheater (making bs happen out of thin air, super unbelievable).

Jacob/Paul/Emma was one of the few love triangles I have ever actually enjoyed watching on television lol.

Comment by kavyn – March 20, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch for this episode Adan Canto’s last appearance and then I’m done.

Comment by A – March 20, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ha, now I really like Jacob. While I loved Paul as a character this is really moving the Jacob character along quite nicely…

Comment by Kate'shomesick – March 20, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With Paul gone -I really have lost a desire for the show. The complicated relationship between Jacob, Emma and Paul really was a driving force for me to keep up with the show. It really was a mistake to kill his character. I’ll probably keep up on DVR but it’s no longer must see television now for me. So disappointed with the show.

Comment by Larry – March 20, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paul, in my opinion, is the most interesting character, because I don’t think he belongs in the cult. For whatever reason he feels like he belongs there, but I get a feeling that he’ll end up being a good guy in the end.

Comment by Damien Roberts (@dam744) – March 21, 2013 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you mean Jacob since Paul’s dead? Paul killed that girl to prove that he should be in the cult so I don’t know how he could end up being a good guy even though he’s dead. If you mean Jacob though, he eventually killed Paul so he’s not so innocent plus he’s an accessory to kidnapping and the murders.

Comment by SK – March 21, 2013 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He’s not innocent, and is certainly an accessory to many, many, things, but he isn’t in the same realm of killer that these others are, even after killing Paul. I don’t think that mercy killing comes anywhere close to what these other people are willing to do for this crazy cult. P.S. these people have a very skewed perceptions of what it means to “have your life mean something.”

Comment by Faster – March 21, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t know why you guys think the effect of the love triangle are gone. Just because Paul won’t be on screen doesn’t mean that the fallout won’t be pulling the show still. I’m so interested now that Jacob has done his first killing, let alone it being Paul! I don’t think I’ve been more excited by this show until now!

Comment by B – March 21, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Gee I feel so sorry for Emma” – said no one ever. Did you notice someone passing through the corridor behind them? Joe or Roderick eavesdropping perhaps? There will be fall out for what she did for sure. I just hope Emma gets her chance soon to “make her life mean something” if you get my drift. I still don’t get that Paul was all that meaningful or integral of a character. The “threesome” has been my least favorite thing of the whole series so far.

Comment by kirads09 – March 21, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do like Jacob but mainly because he still seems like he isn’t a killer yet. I don’t understand how anyone else could like any of characters in the cult. I mean most of them are annoying and I guess I just don’t find people who murder people likeable even if it is a TV show.

Comment by cas – March 22, 2013 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked the Paul/Jacob dynamic. They seemed to be the only two with genuine feelings for one another. I’m pretty upset Paul is dead. I want Jacob to turn on the cult.

Comment by kate – March 22, 2013 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post