CBS Renews CSI for Season 14 as Ted Danson Extends Contract

Get More: Casting News, News, Renewals

CSI Renewed Season 14The Las Vegas CSI team will remain on duty for the forseeable future, now that crime drama has earned an early Season 14 renewal.

Paving the way for the pick-up was Ted Danson‘s extension of his pact with the show, which he joined in Season 12.

In addition, Elisabeth Shue, original cast members George Eads, Jorja Fox, Eric Szmanda, Paul Guilfoyle and Robert David Hall, and Wallace Langham, Elisabeth Harnois, David Berman and Jon Wellner are also set to return.

TVLine’s always-fresh Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

CSI is synonymous with CBS, and we are so proud of the series’ creative and commercial legacy and its continued success on our Network,” CBS boss Nina Tassler said in a statement. “The writers and producers have done an amazing job evolving CSI, reinventing the show around an incredible leading man in Ted Danson, the acclaimed Elisabeth Shue and our beloved and talented core of original cast members.”

RELATED | CBS Announces Finale Dates: Which Four Shows Are Getting Two-Hour Send-Offs?

CSI resumes its season tonight at 10/9c with guest stars Bree Williamson (Deception), T.J. Ramini (NCIS), Michaela McManus (Law & Order: SVU) and Adam Busch (Buffy the Vampire Slayer). The Season 13 finale airs May 15.

Are you glad and/or at all surprised to see CSI score another season?

Tags: , ,

Comments (32)

• …as if there was any doubt.

Comment by lll – March 20, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really. CBS knows what is poppin and why would they get rid of a good thing. Thanks CBS for being a hip network.

Comment by Shannon – March 14, 2014 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am actually enjoying CSI again, the first few years after the actor who played Grissom left were tough but the casting of Ted Danson was genius.

Comment by Amanda – March 20, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I’m enjoying it again as well :)

Comment by Kim R – March 20, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe CSI will accomplish what Law & Order could not and last over 20 seasons.

Comment by Michael Sacal – March 20, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is CBS announcing other pickups for next season? Last year they announced the renewal of 18 shows on March 14. Fortunately, NCIS has already been renewed but I am still waiting to hear about its spin-off (which I am sure will be renewed) and other shows.

Comment by Daniel – March 20, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt that we’ll hear anything definitive about NCIS Red until the May upfronts.

Comment by TV Gord – March 20, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was in fact talking about NCIS: Los Angeles, not about the new spin-off.

Comment by Daniel – March 20, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • some of the other shows have different issues. Like contracts expiring.

Comment by Art – March 20, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI deserves it. I’m enjoying it a lot again. Hopefully it sticks around even longer.

Comment by Daniela – March 20, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to hear, CSI’s really doing good again, and they makde a smart move by getting Danson on their cast.
    Vast improvement over what we’ve had int he last few years prior to his arrival.

Comment by Dominique – March 20, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree. Ted Danson was a very good casting choice. Even if CSI NY doesn’t get renewed, its season finale was very good and would satisfy as a series finale. Here’s hoping.

Comment by majamababe – March 20, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI learned from the LF mistake (excellent actor, wrong role and set-up). When TD joined, the writers made sure to focus stories on the entire cast, not just him. ES has been an excellent addition as well. Glad the entire cast is back. Hard to believe but it will hit 300 episodes early next season.

Comment by Chicago Dan – March 20, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree whole heartedly. I was ready to give up on the show as I never warmewd up to the Langston character. I was still hesitant when I first heard of Danson’s casting but gave it a shot. I’m glad I did as I’ve become completely re-invested in in the show.

Comment by Jen – March 20, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still long for Grissom to return in person – in some capacity – even if just a sometimes consultant or something. Please. I had HUGE misgivings when they first announced Danson but he has really surprised me in the role. Both he and Elizabeth have added their own qualities to the show. Some of the story lines are stretching it a bit thin, but I am not disappointed in they will be back for another season.

Comment by kirads09 – March 20, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeees! I want another season for CSI:NY too!

Comment by Cuddy's lawyer – March 20, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Still CBS’ decision, not yours. Only time will tell if CSI: NY gets renewed or canceled and it may end up last year with CSI: Miami.

Comment by Nicholas Brody 2.0 – March 20, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really…? It’s CBS’s decision? Thanks for that piece of information. Never realized that before now.

Comment by NotBornYesterday – March 20, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope Ted Danson can be better than William Petersen and/or Laurence Fishburne.

Comment by Nicholas Brody 2.0 – March 20, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No one is better then William Petersen that plays as Grissom.

Comment by Zackery Tolman – May 22, 2013 11:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please CS NY!

Comment by sarah – March 20, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay. I can see CSI going for at least another few seasons. Would like to see CSI NY back for a short final season, but happy with end of season 9 nonetheless.

Comment by Michael – March 20, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching CSI a few years ago…did Nick and Greg ever get together?

Comment by Ella – March 21, 2013 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So awesome. Love CSI.

Comment by Jennifer – March 25, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I faithfully watched CSI until the writers forgot what they had written….Grissom and Sara….GSR. I realize William Petersen left but you could have kept the characters intact- you did for awhile by a comment here or there but the recent divorce bomb shell just didn’t work for me. Really guys? You couldn’t come up with a better explanation than what you did for his absence? I liked Ted and even continued to watch so I could get a snippet of news about GSR until the explosive GSR ending episode which ended my desire to watch the show. I know that other GSR fans have done the same thing- switched the channel.

Comment by Penny Chastain – April 9, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! They left us hanging for 10 years, then married them and removed Griss from the show, and then divorced them on a whim, without giving a single reason for it! For me, CSI ended with GSR, plenty of other shows on TV anyways!

Comment by Ansh – April 19, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i like CSI from begin… regret i never “collect” em all

Comment by Phing – May 20, 2013 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am finally loving CSI again. Wasn’t convinced with Ted Danson for the first half or Season 12 now I think he’s doing a brilliant job. Hardly even miss Griss anymore :)

Comment by Anna – May 21, 2013 04:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Sarah and Grissom.I hope they will still married in the storyline and have kids for the next season so that it will be most interesting for how the love for each other

Comment by aliam – June 1, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are getting divorced so cant see the kids thing working out I’m afraid lol

Comment by stef – June 16, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I very happy its still on just wish so was CSI NY those were my favorite shows

Comment by meg giedd – October 16, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Those of you who are negative of CSI just go to another show I’m sure there are plenty of of us that support CBS i think by far they have the best shows.

Comment by none your business – October 16, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post