CBS Renews CSI for Season 14 as Ted Danson Extends Contract

CSI Renewed Season 14The Las Vegas CSI team will remain on duty for the forseeable future, now that crime drama has earned an early Season 14 renewal.

Paving the way for the pick-up was Ted Danson‘s extension of his pact with the show, which he joined in Season 12.

In addition, Elisabeth Shue, original cast members George Eads, Jorja Fox, Eric Szmanda, Paul Guilfoyle and Robert David Hall, and Wallace Langham, Elisabeth Harnois, David Berman and Jon Wellner are also set to return.

TVLine’s always-fresh Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

CSI is synonymous with CBS, and we are so proud of the series’ creative and commercial legacy and its continued success on our Network,” CBS boss Nina Tassler said in a statement. “The writers and producers have done an amazing job evolving CSI, reinventing the show around an incredible leading man in Ted Danson, the acclaimed Elisabeth Shue and our beloved and talented core of original cast members.”

RELATED | CBS Announces Finale Dates: Which Four Shows Are Getting Two-Hour Send-Offs?

CSI resumes its season tonight at 10/9c with guest stars Bree Williamson (Deception), T.J. Ramini (NCIS), Michaela McManus (Law & Order: SVU) and Adam Busch (Buffy the Vampire Slayer). The Season 13 finale airs May 15.

Are you glad and/or at all surprised to see CSI score another season?

1. lll says:

…as if there was any doubt.

• Shannon says:

Really. CBS knows what is poppin and why would they get rid of a good thing. Thanks CBS for being a hip network.

2. Amanda says:

I am actually enjoying CSI again, the first few years after the actor who played Grissom left were tough but the casting of Ted Danson was genius.

3. Maybe CSI will accomplish what Law & Order could not and last over 20 seasons.

4. Daniel says:

When is CBS announcing other pickups for next season? Last year they announced the renewal of 18 shows on March 14. Fortunately, NCIS has already been renewed but I am still waiting to hear about its spin-off (which I am sure will be renewed) and other shows.

5. Daniela says:

CSI deserves it. I’m enjoying it a lot again. Hopefully it sticks around even longer.

6. Dominique says:

Glad to hear, CSI’s really doing good again, and they makde a smart move by getting Danson on their cast.
    Vast improvement over what we’ve had int he last few years prior to his arrival.

• majamababe says:

Agree. Ted Danson was a very good casting choice. Even if CSI NY doesn’t get renewed, its season finale was very good and would satisfy as a series finale. Here’s hoping.

7. Chicago Dan says:

CSI learned from the LF mistake (excellent actor, wrong role and set-up). When TD joined, the writers made sure to focus stories on the entire cast, not just him. ES has been an excellent addition as well. Glad the entire cast is back. Hard to believe but it will hit 300 episodes early next season.

• Jen says:

I agree whole heartedly. I was ready to give up on the show as I never warmewd up to the Langston character. I was still hesitant when I first heard of Danson’s casting but gave it a shot. I’m glad I did as I’ve become completely re-invested in in the show.

8. kirads09 says:

I still long for Grissom to return in person – in some capacity – even if just a sometimes consultant or something. Please. I had HUGE misgivings when they first announced Danson but he has really surprised me in the role. Both he and Elizabeth have added their own qualities to the show. Some of the story lines are stretching it a bit thin, but I am not disappointed in they will be back for another season.

9. Cuddy's lawyer says:

Yeees! I want another season for CSI:NY too!

10. Hope Ted Danson can be better than William Petersen and/or Laurence Fishburne.

11. sarah says:

Please CS NY!

12. Michael says:

Yay. I can see CSI going for at least another few seasons. Would like to see CSI NY back for a short final season, but happy with end of season 9 nonetheless.

13. Ella says:

I stopped watching CSI a few years ago…did Nick and Greg ever get together?

14. Jennifer says:

So awesome. Love CSI.

15. Penny Chastain says:

I faithfully watched CSI until the writers forgot what they had written….Grissom and Sara….GSR. I realize William Petersen left but you could have kept the characters intact- you did for awhile by a comment here or there but the recent divorce bomb shell just didn’t work for me. Really guys? You couldn’t come up with a better explanation than what you did for his absence? I liked Ted and even continued to watch so I could get a snippet of news about GSR until the explosive GSR ending episode which ended my desire to watch the show. I know that other GSR fans have done the same thing- switched the channel.

• Ansh says:

Exactly! They left us hanging for 10 years, then married them and removed Griss from the show, and then divorced them on a whim, without giving a single reason for it! For me, CSI ended with GSR, plenty of other shows on TV anyways!

16. Phing says:

i like CSI from begin… regret i never “collect” em all

17. Anna says:

I am finally loving CSI again. Wasn’t convinced with Ted Danson for the first half or Season 12 now I think he’s doing a brilliant job. Hardly even miss Griss anymore :)

18. aliam says:

I love Sarah and Grissom.I hope they will still married in the storyline and have kids for the next season so that it will be most interesting for how the love for each other

19. meg giedd says:

I very happy its still on just wish so was CSI NY those were my favorite shows

20. none your business says:

Those of you who are negative of CSI just go to another show I’m sure there are plenty of of us that support CBS i think by far they have the best shows.

21. bob behrent says:

Very happy. Been a fan since CSI’s inception. Still really miss Marg though.

22. England calling. Please do not cancel CSI Vegas. It’s bad enough CSI NY and CSI Miami have finished, please do not cancel Vegas

23. Twila Jones says:

I am thrilled they are coming back I would have been mad if they wasn’t coming back

24. June says:

Love the show. never miss it. So glad it will be back on this season.