Nashville Hot Shots: Katie Couric Grills Rayna, Peggy Is Hit by Lamar's Unwelcome Wagon

Rayna puts her hometown in the rearview mirror in Nashvilles upcoming episodes, but as you can see in these photos, that doesn’t mean she leaves her troubles behind her.

On March 27 (ABC, 10/9c), the First Lady of Country Music appears on Katie to set the record straight about her marriage. (Veteran journalist Katie Couric appears as herself in the episode, which was shot in conjunction with Connie Britton‘s real-life appearance on the syndicated gabfest.)

RELATEDNashville Casts a Person of Interest as Deacon’s New Love Interest

A week later, the April 3 outing finds Maddie, Daphne and Tandy joining Rayna on tour in New York. Though the pictures show the girls having a great time chatting up their idol Juliette, Ms. Jaymes doesn’t like the way the younger artist influences her daughters. (Speaking of Juliette, it’s interesting that she’s got Jolene’s sober counselor Dante nearby, no?)

Back at home, it looks like Peggy’s making herself quite comfortable in Teddy’s home (no really, Pegs, help yourself to some chardonnay) — and Lamar doesn’t like that one bit.

Click through the gallery below, then hit the comments: Do you think Rayna is wise to go on Katie, and with what might Lamar threaten Peggy?

1. Robert Taylor says:

Most boring promotional pictures ever?

2. forwarddad says:

I am sure Nashville lost a lot of viewers with this extended hiatus. Shows on the bubble can’t be off this long wo paying in viewer defection.

3. it’s not on the bubble!?

4. dude says:

I do kind of love that Juliette’s mother is a huge fan of Rayna and Rayna’s daughters are huge fans of Juliette.

5. Trina says:

I thought Teddy had moved out of the family home? Anyways, does Teddy invite Peggy over or does she just turn up? She looks pretty arrogant in that pic with Lamar. Hmm, I’m getting major stalker vibes. Yay!! Can’t wait!!!

6. yeah i was wondering about her being in the house too.

7. adlib19 says:

Looking forward to it, and should be interesting to see how things develop next week. Aren’t there some crazy scenes with Scarlett and Gunnar too?

8. Joanne says:

I’m pleased that Nashville looks set for renewal. I think they’ve done a great job of balancing plot, characters and music and I’m not even a country music fan. Poor Smash should have done the same

9. phamster says:

I have no issue with more Dante as Jay Hernandez is hot but don’t his characters tend to die a lot?

10. Marcie says:

I still love this show even if it’s ina “bubble.” I’m not even a country music fan but I really enjoy the stories and the music, esp. Scarlett and Gunnar.

11. wrstlgirl says:

I never know when this show is on. The scheduling is awful. I honestly don’t remember how it ended in the last new episode :-(

12. BTW the cast will appear on The View on March 27th

• Nero theTVFiddler says:

This is a good move. ABC is trying to help Nashville get stronger and survive – synergy. Let’s hope it works.

13. Nero theTVFiddler says:

This is a smart move by ABC and the folks at Nashville – some cross-pollination ‘synergy’ by having Katie on Nashville, and Connie appearing on Katie. They need to get viewers pumped up about the April/May season ending episodes and get people watching – particularly the core audience – women. This is [as I'm sure everyone here is aware'] a ‘bubble’ show – it could go either way. A strong finish by Nashville would sure help decision-making in May at Up Fronts.

They-ABC/Nashville need to get some consistency in the scheduling and run a few new episodes back-to-back-to-back to get some momentum and push the storyline hard to try to finish strong. Everything about this show is professional and spells ‘winner’, except the ratings. This is it – April/May — they need to push hard to the finish line – just an up turn in ratings could well be enough. If you look at the pilots that ABC has, with the exception of SHIELD and perhaps Reckless, I don’t see anything better than what ABC already has in Nashville. ABC I’m sure is aware of this as well.

All you fans out there – ladies in particular – tell a friend, get your friends to watch [Nielsen box holders or not], and let’s get the ratings up and buzz to rise.

14. Anthony bowen says:

I can hardly wait for this show to come to Australia. It will thrive especially as Clare Bowen plays Ms O’ Connar and can sing like you wouldn’t to know.
    Callie Kouri has the ability to create characters that seem to oppose each other but when push comes to shove assist in some way to save them from their own problems. Great show great characters great story line.
    Bring on season 2 but first lets see what happens for the rest of S1.
    Love this show!!

15. margaretames says:

A repeat is on tonight. I LOVE this show. Don’t diss it. If you don’t like it, just don’t watch it.

16. Kweezip Aklohazu says:

How come the only shows that are hits nowadays are the TURDS? It seems that only juvenile or reality crap or “ultra-hype” shows with loud thundering music becomes hits. What a dayum stoopid public exist so that quality, intelligent, original shows can no longer survive. Totally PATHETIC.

So, of course a show like “Nashville” is gonna have to struggle to survive. What a frikkin’ idiot, loser viewing public that exists! :-O

17. I leave a response when I appreciate a post on a website or I have
    something to valuable to contribute to the conversation.
    It’s triggered by the sincerness communicated in the article I read. And after this article [PHOTOS] Nashville Season 1 Spoilers – Katie Couric Interviews Rayna – TVLine. I was moved enough to leave a thought :) I do have a couple of questions for you if you tend not to mind. Is it only me or does it look as if like some of these remarks look like left by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are writing on other social sites, I’d like to keep
    up with anything fresh you have to post. Could you
    list every one of your communal pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?