Game of Thrones Star, Tim Blake Nelson Join Discovery's Gold-Digging Miniseries

Klondike Miniseries Casting NewsDiscovery’s first-ever scripted miniseries, Klondike, continues to dig up more talent — today adding Game of ThronesRichard Madden, film star Tim Blake Nelson and two others to its cast.

Based on Charlotte Gray’s book Gold Diggers: Striking It Rich in the Klondike and set in the late 1890s, Klondike follows six strangers and their collective fight for survival and wealth in a small, frontier town. Madden will fill one of two lead roles, Bill Haskell, who with his best friend Epstein braves the next gold rush in the untamed Yukon Territory.

Nelson will play a man named Meekor, while Marton Csokas (The Lord of the Rings, Xena) and ingenue Conor Leslie (90210) have been cast as Steele and Sabine.

Lie to Me’s Tim Roth was previously cast as Charles Eugene Schultz aka “The Count,” a ruthless German not averse to arson or murder.

Production begins this month, on location in Alberta, Canada.

1. At least he already has the beard…. doesn’t this count as a spoiler for season three of game of thrones?

• lauren says:

Why, did Mad Men kill off Peggy just because Elizabeth Moss went to do a miniseries? Is Breaking Bad killing off the bald guy because he is doing that Stephen King thing for CBS? I could be wrong but actors sneak off do to miniseries all the time.

2. Drewer says:

If this is a miniseries, does that mean maybe Robb doesn’t die, or is that just wishful thinking on my part.

3. Leah says:

Deadwood! Wait…

Everyone’s jumping on the scripted train, aren’t they? When it rains, it pours.

4. zacqua10 says:

Matt, can you remove all the GoT spoiler comments. Not everyone reads the books and part of season three has already been ruined for me. It shouldn’t be ruined for anyone else.

• OMED-Josh says:

Thanks for getting the spoilers removed. Alas it was too late for me.

I’ve just started reading book three in advance of the upcoming season, and now some of the fun has been taken away. It’s too bad people don’t always think before they post.

• For the love of Pete people! The fact that he’s been cast as a lead in another show should be the spoiler. Use your powers of observation and not wishful thinking. That is why I posted that this whole article is a spoiler for season 3 of Game of Thrones.

• David S says:

Sadly, she’s right. Just like the recent casting of a WD alum as a series regular – this news really needs to be announced AFTER the current seasons of respective shows have finished their runs. Not really a criticism of Tvline, just media news in general. It ruins the surprises for down the line.

• Erin says:

Since this is just a miniseries, it would have been perfectly reasonable for people to think he could be doing both. I wouldn’t have jumped to conclusions about his GoT character based on this casting news.

• Alice says:

Exactly, GoT starts filming in June/July. If they aren’t starting production until now, he won’t be done in time.

5. Damn, now i’m gonna have to go trapesing all over my back yard to try and find Martin, Richard and Tim!!! LOL!!

6. There have been many cases when Outlook Express Account Password
    Recovery Recovery software Use the Free utility for Outlook Express account
    becomes inaccessible. Note: If you forgot to create in advance.

7. Malcolm says:

It’s in point of fact a great and helpful piece of information. I’m satisfied that
    you simply shared this useful information with us.

Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for
    sharing.

8. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning
    this article and also the rest of the website is really good.

9. I all the time used to study piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of internet so from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.

10. If you are only a few players outside the final table play tighter considering
    that the payouts less difficult bigger if you make it to the
    Final Table. You must have enough money that it is possible to use it and assist it and also you aren’t stressed or concerned about losing it. The old trick employed by these cybercriminals is usually to send a spoofed e-mail.

11. Noe says:

Paragraph writing is also a fun, if you be acquainted with afterward you
    can write or else it is complicated to write.

12. An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I do believe that you ought to write more about this subject matter, it might not
    be a taboo subject but typically people don’t discuss these topics. To the next! Kind regards!!

13. It’s in point of fact a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m satisfied that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

14. mini SAS says:

I have a confident analytical eye designed for details and can foresee complications before these people take place.

15. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board
    and I find It really helpful & it helped me out much.
    I am hoping to offer something back and aid others such as you aided
    me.

16. Titus says:

It’s truly very difficult in this active life to
    listen news on TV, thus I just use the web for that purpose, and get the hottest news.