Ratings: Good Wife Steady, Red Widow Dips, Family Guy Drops But Again Tops Sunday

Ratings Good Wife Red WidowThe Daylight Savings Effect doldrums — and maybe more than a dash of Bible/Walking Dead competition — found a total of zero Sunday shows enjoying demo gains this week.

Starting with ABC: Once Upon a Time – with 7.23 million total viewers and a 2.2 rating — was on par with its week-ago prelim numbers but down a tenth in the demo from the adjusted finals. (The network notes that Once is now enjoying 52 percent demo gains with Live+7 DVR playback versus 39 percent a year ago.) Revenge followed with 6.5 mil/1.8 (down 7 percent and two tenths), while Red Widow (4.4 mil/1.0) dropped 18 percent and a tenth.

RELATED | Read TVLine’s Recaps of Once Upon a Time, Revenge and Other Sunday Shows

CBS’ The Amazing Race (8.8 mil/2.2) tied Once for the 8 o’clock demo win while slipping 5 percent and two tenths. The Good Wife was steady with 9 mil/1.5 and The Mentalist (9.8 mil/1.6) added a handful of viewers while dipping a tenth in the demo.

NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice (5.46 mil/1.8) ticked up 8 percent in total audience but was flat in the demo.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Of Fox’s animated fare, the 7:30 Cleveland Show (2.84 mil/1.2) fell well below the week-ago American Dad; The Simpsons (4.84 mil/2.1) dipped a tenth; the 8:30 Cleveland Show (4 mil/1.8) was flat week-to-week; Family Guy (4.9 mil/2.3) dropped 15 percent in the demo yet still led all network programming; and Bob’s Burgers (3.52 mil/1.6) was down 9 percent and two tenths.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Shay says:

What about other shows? Shameless and The Walking Dead in particular.
    Sundays are always hard, and Game of Thrones is coming up, and it’s probably gonna steal all the audience. Welp.

2. ollie says:

that sucks for revenge. it has been so much better now.

3. Boiler says:

Too bad Apprentice didn’t drop. We don’t need this kind of TV

4. Kim R says:

The Good Wife was excellent last night. I think this every week however (minus the Kalinda/Nick storyline). I am not liking Diane at the moment. The whole “partner” issue has brought a very smug, passive aggressive side of her to the surface and I’m not fussy on it. :) Loved that we got to see Cary rise above his father’s manipulation with the coolness that only Cary can do. :)

5. forwarddad says:

Maybe TVline will recap TGW. Hate to keep going to the other site .

6. Tom says:

Glad to see the Good Wife back on track after a very shaky first part of the season. Overall a very good episode. The best part was seeing Cary outmaneuver his weasel father. It’s also good to see CBS is at least trying to keep these shows airing in their scheduled time slots.

7. Natalie says:

I was thinking the same thing re: TGW: the show has been better sans Nick. Loved Carey last night, also Kalinda (always), and Alicia and Will-what’s going on with those two? I kinda like what the promo portended. Looking forward to next week’s episode definitely! :)
    “The Mentalist” was a nice outing last night, as well. A memorable intro, Jane and Lisbon really make the show for me. I’ve said it before but it’s because they go together extremely well and it hits me afresh constantly and then I reiterate it. They are a joy to watch together and I like how they’ve been closer, not just growing closer this season, but physically closer as well. Last night had a lot of that. Cho’s military backstory I really love. And Rigsby’s last line to the murderer. I also loved seeing Jane be more compassionate.
    Thanks for the ratings news, Matt. This is my favorite place to get them. Hope you have a good day! :)

8. eridapo says:

ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC say hello to CW type ratings in the upcoming years…. Honestly the way ratings are dropping now days, we might soon see the day where no scripted dramas manage to score a 3.0 or better. Last year and even last fall, I was saying that a 3.0 is the new four, 2.5 the new 3.0, a 2.0 the new 2.5, and a 1.5 the new 2.0, but after the last month I’m going to redefine it by going even lower by 3 tenths (so 2.7 is the new 4.0, 2.2 the new 3.0, 1.7 the new 2.5, and 1.2 the new 2.0…

• aciel says:

i know right its gotten to a point where abc would renew a show with a 1.7 rating

• eridapo says:

We know NBC will for sure renew anything that might still has have a pulse (1.3 or better), and I definitely think ABC will do so as well. Neighbors and Nashville are going to be renew even though they have been around the 1.6 to 1.8 ratings for a while….

9. Katherine215 says:

If you’re not watching Vikings, I highly recommend it. I know Sundays are super busy, but it’s really good.

10. Jake says:

Revenge has improved tremendously over the sub par first part of the season

• Kathryn says:

Agreed! The writer/producer (can’t remember which) promised they were getting back on track to the core of what made Season 1 so good… and I think Emily tossing the computer into the water and saying something about getting off track and starting to re-focus was the showrunners letting us know that they heard the viewers. Hopefully viewers that left will come back and give it a chance.

11. nikki says:

I think last night’s Revenge episode sucked.

12. Britta Unfiltered says:

Ratings for shows were low because everyone was off watching Watching Dead. :) Or off somewhere getting drunk for the holiday. Most people I know fit into one of those two groups.