HIMYM Scoop: Is Mircea Monroe Hot… Or Not?

Get More: Casting News

How I Met Your Mother Spoilers Mircea MonroeMircea Monroe keeps on keeping it in the CBS Corporation family.

Having costarred on Showtime’s Episodes and recurred on The CW’s Hart of Dixie, the blonde beauty’s next stop is CBS proper, with a provocative little role on How I Met Your Mother.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

TVLine has learned that in the April 15 episode of the CBS sitcom, Monroe will guest-star as a McLaren’s patron clad in an oversized coat. As such, Barney will obsess, form hypotheses about and ultimately become determined to find out if the body this stranger is hiding beneath is hot, or not.

[SPOILER ALERT: Unless Terra Nova levels of CGI are involved, we'll go with the former.]

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Is Bringing Back [Spoiler]

HIMYM resumes its penultimate season tonight at 8/7c.

Comments (32)

• been loving this season and next year will be LEGENDARY. Still one of the best shows even if it is less than awesome some weeks

Comment by dude – March 18, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? What do you like about this season? I’ve been rewatching seasons 1, 2, 3 and 6, those are my favourites. I’m not ditching the show, as I did with Bones, but this season hasn’t been so good.

Comment by Olivia – March 18, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The first half of season 8 was the worst this show has to offer, but I think the last few episodes have been better than the mess that was season 7.

Comment by Mike – March 18, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sorry, but I disagree with both of you. I will agree that season 8 hasn’t been the best season, but I certainly wouldn’t call it bad. I will say that the first 5 episodes weren’t the highlight of the season, but 6 and upwards have felt like classic HIMYM and these episodes since B/R got engaged have felt like the funniest of the season.

Comment by justsomegirl – March 19, 2013 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is going to sound more like an insult than the compliment that it is, but the thing I like best about this season is that you can feel the show ending. They dragged the show out across many of the middle seasons, but now the show really feels like it has a game plan again, which is great.
        No it isn’t as good as season 1, but season 1 was maybe the best season of multi-cam sitcom TV ever made, so that’s okay.

Comment by wordsmith – March 18, 2013 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Marshall & the skittles! Does it get any more hilarious than that? This show can still make me laugh so hard I cry.

Comment by Leena – March 19, 2013 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mandy Moore is returning…… as the mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by fenni – March 25, 2013 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Doubtful-too easy!

Comment by brutony – March 25, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally “former”.

Comment by John – March 18, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember when this show actually was about Ted’s search for his future wife. Now it’s about the boring Marshall and Lily marriage and the abortion that is Barney and Robin.

Comment by Tony – March 18, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I think it’s more about Ted’s search this year than it has been at any point since the very first season – they’re finally getting back around to the main plot and putting the endgame in place.

Comment by wordsmith – March 18, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ICAM. That was just someone going for the easy HIMYM “joke.” #ignore

Comment by Danyelle – March 18, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i have come to accept Barney and Robin because the writers want it. tonight was one of the best this season. when s9 begins it will be all about Ted and the final 2 slaps

Comment by dude – March 18, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uhhhhhh, the slaps! Slapstastic!

Comment by Olivia – March 18, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Barney and Robin thing is so forced, but I feel like the only who doesn’t get it! A certain magazine just listed them as one of the top 50 TV couples of all time. Huh? Srsly??

Comment by samfz – March 18, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well deserved I say. Barney and Robin are definitely one of the best tv couples ever!

Comment by yay! – March 19, 2013 12:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Haha! I totally love the sarcasm.

Comment by samfz – March 19, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Immeasurably, my good Sir!

Comment by brutony – March 19, 2013 12:08 PM PDT
  • as long as we get the mother and Barney slapped then I am all good. started watching mid Season 2 and there is more good than bad if you are invested in all characters. the only character i never cared for was Zoey just a misfire imo

Comment by dude – March 18, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve watched this show since the beginning, and I’ll see it through to the end. I can’t quite put my finger on why I don’t love it so much anymore. My tastes have definetly changed through the years, but it is more than that. I never really gave a crap if Barney and Robin were together, and I don’t find any of the characters nearly as likable/enjoyable as I did in the beginning.

Comment by Leah – March 18, 2013 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • after watching “fortress” i just wish one thing.
    can season 1 & 2 robin come back and slap the hell out of season 7 & 8 robin.
    just to pair her with barney what have they done to robin?
    can somebody fast forward BR crap and give us ted and “mother” love story.
    i felt sad when ted said “when i am gonna find somebody like you guys”…ted is suffering not coz he wasnt ready to settle but coz if he finds love himym will end.

Comment by steph – March 18, 2013 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can you appreciate character development?

Comment by stef – March 19, 2013 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just find the damn mother already! And yes, Mircea is Mircealessly hot! Mircea Mircea, Me!

Comment by brutony – March 19, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • News flash: she’s hot.

Comment by Alia – March 19, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is there a mention of Terra Nova in this article?

Comment by steven – March 19, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wait is that seriously the plot for an episode? my 7 year old nephew makes up better story ideas than that. you can really feel the show spinning its wheels at this stage.
    the barney and robin stuff was great the first time around but breaking them up was a bad move, its killed their chemistry in my point of view and this is coming from someone who saw great chemistry between them as far back as season 1. im really disappointed.

Comment by Alan – March 19, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its not like Bill Shakespeare writes this crap! This is what happens when u try to milk an old cow years after its stopped churning drinkable milk!

Comment by brutony – March 19, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • im not expecting them to redefine the written word, but giving us plots that dont insult our intelligence is something they are paid to do.

Comment by Alan – March 19, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And apparently they cant do that! These plots DO seem like they were written by manatees!

Comment by brutony – March 19, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • i think that might be insulting manatees

Comment by Alan – March 19, 2013 02:38 PM PDT
          • That is true-even THEY would write better eps than what they’ve done recently-the Jeannette storylines? Child, PLEASE!

Comment by brutony – March 19, 2013 02:45 PM PDT
  • Barney is gonna be obsessing abt another woman…seriously a few weeks before marriage???but no problem robin is gonna love that, thats what she fell in love with and if he changes then he wont be the man she fell for.
    Barney is the ultimate dream of any bride-to-be.

Comment by angie – March 19, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post