Community Hot Shots: Jeff and Pierce... Bond?!

This Thursday’s Community (NBC, 8/7c) will explore something no episode of the cult hit comedy has explored before: a buddy-buddy relationship between Jeff and — gasp! — Pierce.

The following shots from the installment find the oft-at-odds study groupers palling around — but why? We’re not entirely sure, but we can tell you that the episode examines what happens when Dean Pelton uses Jeff, Annie and Britta to help land a “whale” — aka a wealthy potential student — for Greendale. And upon finding out said scheme, Pierce is livid.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard 2013: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections and More!

Click through the shots below, then hit the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: First Look, Photo Gallery, Previews

1. Mel says:

This is the beginning of the end for Chevy – he’s out for good in episode 10. Good riddance! He has always been my least favorite character, maybe because I could tell he just didn’t want to be there.

• M3rc Nate says:

I like his character in terms of he can have some funny comments and using those comments the other characters can be even more funny. But i never liked Chevy, once i heard about the issues and what not i just wanted him gone. Now seeing/hearing about Fred Willard taking over if they get a next season…im so excited! Cause like i said, its the actor and the issues that i haven’t liked, the character of Pierce i do enjoy (though not as much as the others).

• Alan says:

ive always wanted to like pierce but chevy chase stopped that from ever happening, then they had to go tease me by having fred willard play him in abed’s dream world and now i really cant stand how bad chase is.

• M3rc Nate says:

100% agree except i could see past it a bit enough to enjoy the character a tiny bit. Totally i agree! I loved Fred in the dream, hence why i know i love the character and want another season and him to place Pierce. :)

2. Alan says:

jeff is working an angle to try and get rid of pierce, he is always working an angle to get rid of him.

3. Hibsta says:

When is Pierce leaving the show. I like Chevy Chase, he’s not my favorite actor but I liked a lot of his films, but last season and this one so far I’m thinking that he needs to leave

• Angela says:

Chevy officially announced he quit last fall-he’s going to be in all but the last couple episodes of this season, as they were still filming much of the season at the time he decided to quit.
      I definitely agree that Chevy didn’t handle a lot of things well on the set in recent times, and if he’s not happy there anymore then it makes sense to have him gone. But still, the dynamic between Pierce and Jeff, as well as the whole idea of Pierce being the guy Jeff could one day turn into if he’s not careful, were always good and interesting things to explore. So I still say it’s a shame in a way that Pierce’s time is winding down on the show.
      As for this episode, no doubt Jeff’s likely got some plan/scheme up his sleeve, but it will be fun to watch these two team up nonetheless.

• Chevy filmed episodes 1-10 & 13. He is only missing from 2 episodes. They may have reshot Chevy’s scenes in 13 with Fred (that is the rumor anyway)

4. Liz says:

I don’t want to defend Chevy Chase but the material they’ve given him since season 3 has been the worst and season 4 is just terrible. I don’t blame him for getting mad about the dissolution of his character. They’ve not given him anything to work with.

Community has been terrible this season. It should just end already. I’ve hated every episode. I don’t think it should have survived without Dan Harmon. Say what you want about him but he knew those characters deep down. This season 4 is just badly written fan fiction.

• Alan says:

they havent given him anything to work with because they dont know if they will have him on a day to day basis, better to write side stuff for him than give him a major plotline that will then have to be massively rewritten if, as was the case, he leaves the show.