Castle Recap: Castle and Bucket

ROMY ROSEMONT, STANA KATIC, NATHAN FILLIONThis week on ABC’s Castle, the victims were found “scared to death,” yet at the close of the hour it was Kate with her mouth unexpectedly agape.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

THE CASE | OK, I admit that I had low “Gonna Be Filler” expectations for this episode, being as derivative (as Wes Craven would say) of The Ring as it portended to be. But I was pleasantly surprised. Starting with a gal named Val, people were turning up inexplicably dead with their mouths “frozen” open  — “scared to death,” as it were — some three days after watching a super-creepy DVD they got in the mail from persons unknown. Castle, of course, is a “believer” in occult things here, so he buys into the idea that a “resurrected” something is killing these people, while Beckett resolves to find real explanations.

After a consult with his aforementioned horror film pal Craven (“Friendly competition, my ass”), Rick gleans that clues are within the rapid-fire DVD images, and one is an inn that all the victims stayed at — while they were in town testifying at the trial of a serial killer. Said killer died in prison, so he’s not behind it all. And his cuckoo cohort brother is locked up well in an asylum, so his hands are clean. So who’s whacking the witnesses?

While seeking out and safeguarding the next guy on the witness list, Castle and Beckett realize that it’s the daughter of a man who was wrongly testified against by the DVD victims — aka the first target’s off-kilter roommate. Accosted by the young woman and her modified Taser, Castle KO’s her with his flask of holy water (from his “war chest” of charms). (That last bit of the case was a bit sketchy, but we’ll allow it.)

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

THE QUIPS | Castle noting the first vic’s closet contained more stilettos than Kate’s (which in retrospect was a rather random attribute to give Val)…. When death-fearing Rick suggests he and Kate proactively put their own pics on the murder board, she suggests using the one she took of him in bed — and then she invites him for a sleepover, to take more…. Joss Whedon nod? Castle being afraid to venture to some “cabin in the woods”… Castle breaking out his “bucket list” and ticking one item off by confessing to Kate he broke her vase…. Kate: “I think I’ll be fine with my gun.”

RELATED | Castle Scoop: Does Gates Know About ‘Casket’? Is Baby News on the Horizon?

THE CASKETT | File it under “Worth the wait”? In addition to the flirty photo talk above, the very end of the hour had Kate and Rick sharing wine at his place, when she decided to casually skim the rest of his bucket list — and saw that “Be with Kate” is No. 1. “When did you write this…?” Beckett asks. “About three years ago,” Castle answers. He then adds: “Ooh, I can cross that off now.” Visibly touched by his faith in their coming together, Kate invites him to join her in the bedroom and lay witness to some “little trick I do with ice” — just as soon as the clock strikes midnight and he’s “safe.” “Three… two… one….” Grin.

Want scoop on Castle, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. martina says:

Ok, kudos to the writer for achieving the early season’s chemistry while keeping in mind that Castle and Beckett are actually a couple! This episode was pretty good for a filler, giving us a lot of insight of how Rick and Kate feel about each other. The famous bucket list inclusion was outstanding, and the ice cube continuity was a nice surprise!

• JAA says:

Shalisha Francis the one who wrote Close Encounters of the Murderous Kind in Season 3, a tribute to the X-Files :)

• Annie says:

Agreed. Also kudos to Matt for picking up on that “Cabin in the Woods” reference in the recap – sheesh, totally flew right by me.

• Sara says:

Is Stana Katic pregnant? She seemed to be shot chest up a lot, dressed in loose shirts, and always carrying something at waist height when shot in profile…made me curious…

2. Kate says:

Worth the wait is right! What a great episode, although I’ll admit to being pretty freaked out several times. I love that this show is staying so strong!

3. Julie says:

Sorry but Caskett was terrible in this episode, and before everyone jumps on me… I have every right to be pissed off. Caskett DO NOT look like a couple at all. I mean c’mon they can’t even kiss in their usual dark corner now? lol. Oh how lame. I just feel really ripped off with this couple right now. I feel like they are totally under utilizing the amazing chemistry of Nathan and Stana for something so boring. I’m bored with Caskett and it feels like Nathan/Stana are also bored. I expected so much more with this couple, I was a huge supporter of them getting together when nay-sayers said no, but damn I wish I could back… because I’d rather have them not be together. The chemistry, the feel of the couple, just everything is gone. This isn’t what Caskett is, was or should be. And I don’t care if I get flamed for this, because “oh noes someone is complaining” again, great you like the way Caskett is going, well I don’t. Caskett = snorefest to me, and I kept hoping every coming episode things would change but tonight’s episode just feels like another slap in the face. This season of Caskett is painfully sad and it hurts my heart. Thanks for listening.

• Jose says:

I agree…… We hear them being a couple but don’t see them as a couple! It would have been great to see the pictures thing or them i don’t know kiss at the end? We hear about them but don’t see them thats the problem they act as besties more than they do a couple

• Mike says:

We see it all the time, like in how the beginning of 5 x 02 they were shown getting ready for work after spending the night together. Or at the end of the Valentines Day one when they went home together..

• Mike says:

Also do a youtube search there a kiss quite a few of the season 5 episodes.

• Karen says:

Yeah I agree with this, everything is left in offscreenville and because of that they don’t look like a realistic couple. Also, I think the writing isn’t that great this season and Caskett is suffering from that IMO.

How hard would it be for Beckett to wait till midnight, and then she leans in to kiss him and he kisses back with passion and they lean back on the sofa fade to black. Seriously writers. Pathetic.

• Song says:

yeah cause they NEVER KISS

• CMG says:

What exactly did you think that they were going off to the bedroom to do? Play Parcheesi? Perform a scene from Henry VII?

This isn’t a soap opera, people. They don’t necessarily need to SHOW every nuance of their relationship. They certainly make enough references to it in every single episode that even the most casual of viewer can tell what is going on.

• M3rc Nate says:

Lol ur kidding yourself if you think this is a soap opera. Most of the network shows on from 8-11pm are the modern day equivalent of soaps.

And dont be overly harsh on the Castle fans wanting more and to see it…this whole show is based on Castle and Beckett, and the will they wont they, and now the “they have”. And they are experiencing a very legitimate void of chemistry and sparks and interaction between a couple. This is exactly what Caskett shippers were not wanting. We see from this episode how naughty and sexy Beckett is, and Castle is a smooth playboy who knows how to throw down..and considering how they were during the “will they wont they”…it just doesnt line up that they would come off how they are currently.

And as for the times there is some physical interaction, like commenters say on here, 90% is implied and off screen, which makes you fee cheated. How would you feel if almost all of the action and fighting and gun shooting was implied and off screen on Justified or Sons of Anarchy…it wouldnt fit with their show. This could have been solved easily so no one was complaining. 1) She could have been sweet/cute and held his hand when she first watched the DVD. 2) They could have shown them starting to make out while walking to the bedroom. There, problem solved, Caskett fans rejoicing.

• M3rc Nate says:

*if you think this isnt a soap opera

• Song says:

Plus plenty of Caskett fans are happy with them this season

• Fran says:

M3rc Nate- your comparison to Sons of Anarchy and Justified doesn’t fit. Those shows have ALWAYS shown action and gunfighting so if it were to stop, yes that would be bad. But Castle has never shown a lot of physical interaction or sex. So it’s not out of the ordinary that we don’t see much of it between Castle and Beckett. Really the problem here is a difference of opinion. A lot of you think there is no physical chemistry or intimacy between the two, but a lot of others do. I guess it’s just how you look at it.

• Couldn’t agree more. It’s those little things we want, not “all over each other 24/7″ like some would suggest.

• Momo says:

I totally get where you’re coming from, but I think “slap in the face” is overstating it a bit. Give them another season, and we will probably get some better moments. Especially because you aren’t the only one complaining, and Marlowe tends to cater to the fans in his own time. The chemistry between them is definitely still there, it is just more subtle. I think it’s because we spend so much time of the episode in the precinct, and they are still hiding their relationship. Next season we will have gotten through the “this is how their work relationship is now” and we will get more of their home relationship. Especially since Kate has to move in with him sometime in the future. Remember, they can only move forward from here. “In Marlowe, we trust.”

• Mike says:

I disagree they are perfect this season

• Dawnmac says:

• Alan says:

im convinced that people wont stop complaining until they make an episode which is just the two of them in bed for the whole hour, and even then i bet people would still complain because people seem to like doing that a lot.

• Dawnmac says:

You complain about the same thing every single week, nothing this show does will be good enough for you. I am not sure what you want them to do to make you happy? This isn’t freakin Twighlight, it isn’t suppise to be a love story. It is two adults in a grown up relationship, they don’t have to be all over each other 24-7 to prove they love each other. If you don’t like the direction this show is going quite watching it.

• Pauline says:

Dawnmac is a prime example of this fandom and its inability to understand that not everyone is happy about every single detail about this show. Please spare us the lecture about how people complain every week or how Caskett are soo grown up, or how this isn’t Twilight or whatever BS you people like to parade around with. Great you like it well others may not. People have valid concerns in my opinion. And for you to say someone should stop watching the show. NO. Stop policing what people can or cannot say. Telling someone to quit watching the show is one of the reasons why this fandom needs to grow up. I’m getting really tired of some Castle fans, who police people’s thoughts about the show. Not everyone is going to like what you like, that’s life.

• Hammy says:

THANK YOU. Exactly this. The second someone voices valid criticism a bunch of Castle fans jump in and act like complete maniacs. How hard is it to just accept an opinion even if you don’t agree with it? It’s common decency, people.

• Fran says:

I agree that everyone can have an opinion and people need to learn to calm down and be civil to that… but I’m not sure in this case it’s a valid criticism. I mean, sure, it’s valid to those that believe it, but the entire tone of the show is just not going to change now that Kate and Rick are together. To me people are expecting way too much from this show. It’s not all about the relationships and it never has been. I just think some people expected the show to completely change when Caskett got together and they were disappointed when it didn’t. But to each their own.

• KPat says:

Hurt your heart, how old are you 12? If this show causes you so much pain you might consider changing the channel. There are some of us who watch this for the mysteries and the banter between the cast. The relationship between Castle and Beckett is only a small part of the show and that won’t change. Save yourself some heartache watch Hawaii 5-O.

• Pauline says:

So what if she’s 12? Is there a problem with that? Also, some people are emotionally invested in TV characters/couples so for you to mockingly joke about that is pathetic. Great you watch for the mysteries and banter, good for you – others don’t. So for you to police and mock this person is one of the reasons why people don’t speak out about how they really feel. Maybe you need to think before you speak next time. You got a something to say, say it without mocking someone. Not everyone is like you Saint KPat.

• ella says:

lol than change the channel. i think they are perfect for each other. :) its the little things that count.. like the bucket list? that was adorable. its the perfect amount of witty romance, which is what caskett is.

• mia says:

I disagree, I think the level of romance has been just right this season. They are playing it smart, they don’t want to hit people over the head with it (because a large portion of the audience doesn’t want too much romance) but they want to keep shippers happy too. So its a fine line. I like how it is, they’ve kept the spirit of the show but they’re also together.
      I think as time progresses and their relationship matures we’ll see different things

• Kourt says:

I disagree. The one I have enjoyed about this Season is that Nathan and Stana’s chemistry has never been better. Scared to Death was so good. Mystery, horror, romance everything was perfect. I loved the ending scene. I love how on his bucket list Rick wrote “Be with Kate” not “Sleep with Kate”

• Tamim says:

I want to also support what you said and point out that I think the message could also be an insight into what the writers are trying to achieve with Kate and Castle — “Be With Kate” — that means that they show us a lot of set up to romance (as the door closes) or the aftermath (door opens the next morning). Meanwhile, we the audience get a lot of relationship banter during the day (when that kind of behavior is totally appropriate).

Castle has always had a strong nod to the past and celebrated nostalgia – I think the writers are doing something very similar with the way they are handling the relationships on this show. Beckett and Castle echo a lot of the great Golden Age of Hollywood movies and tv shows, especially His Girl Friday, It Happened One Night, etc. The roles are often mixed up — (with reference to His Girl Friday Castle keeps the comic Cary Grant role, and Beckett is the straight shooter, but she also has the power position). The thing to keep in mind with Romance movies from this era is that very little PDA happened. And even when big kisses did happen they often occurred just as a door shut, something moved in to block the shot, etc. The real romance came from the relationship, the words, the looks, the nods, that kind of thing. If Castle needs to increase anything it would be the subtle “hand kisses” or that kind of attention, but as a fan of romance movies from the 30s and 40s I think they have struck just the right about of balance.

• Shelly says:

Wonderfully stated. Thank you!

• Angie says:

You are 100% correct. They have always said Castle is like the Thin man series of films. Some people I think want this to be on HBO so they can have sex scenes all the time. People use your imagination for the behind the door items.

• Wendykw says:

Agreed. I have always enjoyed the banter and the wit of this series. The fact that it was “Be with Kate” was significant. I just wish the makeup department would choose a spot for Kate’s gunshot scar and stick with it. They seem to put it somewhere different every time they show it.

• Nicole says:

I do agree with you for the most part. The amount and quality of Caskett in the back 9 of this season has been pretty crappy. I was happier with this episode than I have been with others this season, if only because we actually did see them in the loft together being quasi intimate, for a change. Castle will never be Scandal in terms of sexiness, but I also believe they need to show Caskett and not just tell us about all the fun they’re having when they’re off camera. Marlowe says it’s because they need their privacy (insert eye roll). That said, if we can just get Castle to initiate some action with Beckett I’d be fairly happy.

• DivinelyAlissa says:

I just stumbled upon this show a few weeks ago. The episode that caught my attention was when the medical examiner was examining a “clone” of herself. I enjoyed it and was instantly hooked. DVR full!! I’m almost caught up. The one thing that I’m not so thrilled with is the lack of chemistry between Castle and Beckett. I find myself rewinding to review what is suppose to be a romantic moment and the chemistry is just not there. Perhaps this is the intention of the writers — to slowwwllyyyy build up to the true essence of the couple. Castle and Beckett work well together, have very interesting cases to solve, and the exchange in methodology in solving the crimes is brilliant; however, their chemistry, not so much. Still crossing my fingers for more as I am on S4/Ep15!

4. Andrea says:

Loved this episode! It was funny, clever, classic Castle and the Caskett moments were so cute. I loved it because they were such everyday relationship moments! Great episode!

5. CMG says:

The biggest flaw with the episode: if the murder weapon was a high intensity taser, I would think there should have been obvious epidermal electrical burns, and/or puncture wounds for probes (if the taser in question used probes). If the taser was used through clothes, the clothes would have probably been singed as well. There’s no reason Perlmutter should have missed any of this.

• Tamim says:

I think one way they dealt with the “should have known the taser” issue is that they had the second-string Medical Examiner. If Lanie had been there she would have noticed that this death was weird and not stopped until she figured it out. Then she would have pointed out how cool the attempt was, but how it “was not (glance to Castle, then knowing glance to Becket) a ghost, but a real person” The ME today finally, grudgingly, admitted that he had no clue.

• Greysfan says:

I am pretty sure that the girl had modified the taser so it didn’t actually work like a normal taser or touch the victims.

• CMG says:

First, if there’s enough amperage transmitted through the skin that it is enough to guarantee cardiac arrest as well as cause muscular contraction, I’m pretty sure that there is more than enough to cause burns and other symptoms that are obvious to even a first year medical student, let alone a professional (if second string) ME like Perlmutter.

As for not touching the victims, there would need to be a complete circuit for electricity to flow, which would generally require touching. No conductive path, no electricity flows.

6. James says:

god i love this show, it is so tongue and cheek, and marlowe is so clever the way he does it. fanboy yes, but a realistic one. cakett moments were decent. Here is my main complaint about this show. I really wish they would seralize it alittle more, cases of the week are fun and all but the meet and potatoes of this show is its characters, and thier main character went through some pretty tramatic stuff a short while ago and their was no mention of it. two things about this episode is 1. castle you have serious willpower i might have a slight crush/obsession with Stana Katic, jk. if k-becks offered to take sexy pictures i would drag her into Gates office and mount her. note to self don’t say that outloud next to the girlfriend you get punched in the arm and it hurts, LOL. 2. note to writers of this show Stana/Nathan are the most adorable couple on TV hands down use them more often that goes with saying a more serialized show might do you some good, side note saying that at the end of the episode gets you some brownie points with the lady which keeps you out of the dog house. LOL :)

7. Kris says:

Love this episode…surprisingly. Was expecting this to be a filler episode as well but I really liked B&C’s scenes and the case was ok.

8. dre12534678901 says:

Such a fun episode. Loved it. The case was so interesting (and its been a while since that, so its great)
    As for Caskett, i see why some people have problems with it. They dont act like much of a couple except a few scenes. But the fact it ive come to terms with it. That’s how they are. Its as simple as that. Now i have a new appreciatation for Caskett scnes as they are so rare now. lol Bottom line, i love them and im loving seeing their journey, however it is :)

9. sarah says:

I didn’t even finish the episode.. it sucked. In a earlier episode Castle said he didn’t believed in curses and crap like that he only pretended to mess with Kate and now he was all paranoid and stupid. Really a grown ass man who believes in curses, ghosts and spirits. What is this crap?

• Jenna says:

Lots of grown ass men and women believe in spirits.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Although it’s been established that Castle “believes” in ghosts, and one could argue that a fiction writer would have a varied belief system, yes, this was a case of having him believe whatever the story needed him to believe.

• Hammy says:

And that’s exactly the problem this season. They write the characters in whichever way it fits their story when it should be the other way around.

• Suz says:

If he had 3 days to live, and he believed this, why did he not contact his mother and daughter?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Do you think Meredith ever learned about the abduction? ;)

• Nicole says:

Ha ha Matt. Good point. The fact that Alexis’ kidnapping wasn’t even mentioned is on the one hand totally unsurprising and yet completely disappointing. Only Castle.

• Ann says:

Because the writers are more concerned with giving a “shocking” twist in the case then actual real continuity and character development. Not even one mention of Alexis being kidnapped this episode? Really? They couldn’t spare thirty seconds for a nice interaction between the characters that has nothing to do with the case of the week? All it takes is one line from Esposito to Rick..”How’s Alexis”…

• Alan says:

to be fair he does believe in a lot of the weird crap and given how the dvd seemed to predict the death i think its entirely possible that he would believe in this because he is easy to sway once there is some kind of proof

10. Fran says:

I think too many Caskett fans were expecting something they shouldn’t have been expecting. The tone and theme of this show hasn’t changed just because Kate and Rick got together. Their relationship has always been beautiful and subtle, and it still is. Just because the two of them got together didn’t mean we were going to see them change. The two of them are both emotionally damaged when it comes to relationships so it makes perfect sense that they are taking it slow. Other than some episodes in the first season, this show has never been one to show blatant sex or kissing scenes. That’s the way the show has always been and I for one am glad that hasn’t changed. I love the subtle looks of love that Rick and Kate have and their intimacy just shines through to me. People are certainly entitled to their own opinions but I admit I just don’t get what they were expecting to happen when Caskett came together.

• Rachel says:

PREACH! I think it would be totally out of character for them to be any more overt with their feelings out in public on a case or at the precinct (they are still “technically” hiding their relationship from Gates). Also, before they got together as a couple we didn’t see a ton of their home life anyways minus the scenes of Castle at home with Alexis and Martha, usually with a storyline setting up for something to help him solve the case. I feel like Marlowe & Co. have handled the relationship very realistic to the precedent the show had set up for the first 4 seasons. Also, lest we forget, this is a CRIME show. If you prefer to see a show focused mainly on a romantic relationship then you might want to look elsewhere.

11. Erin says:

Just a side note – but along with all the cliches from horror movies they mentioned and added into the episode, did anyone else notice that the killers name was Amanda and she was out for “revenge” for her fathers death? Nice one!

12. mia says:

I love the whacky fun episodes they do. But I also love how versatile the show is; they can do these dark, emotionally driven stories but then a week later do a ridiculous spoofy episode – and both are totally believable

13. Lauren says:

Random question: Why did Beckett change clothes to go over to Castle’s place at the end? At the precinct, she was wearing a black turtleneck and a striped blazer. Then she put on more work-appropriate clothes (white blouse and black solid blazer) to go over to his place? Continuity issue?

14. Becca says:

Last night’s episode was a delightful surprise. Not only was it a fun and creepy case but it had lots of sexy Caskett banter! I loved that Beckett was number 1 on Castle’s bucket list!

15. Jo says:

Ok I’m dense. Can someone explain how the line about more photos might be a Joss nod? I’m missing the connection.

16. Astrid says:

Loved the episode! Some great Castle and Beckett scenes, especially the one in the end. Thought it was very sweet that Kate was nr1 on Castle’s bucket list.
    Looking forward to the rest of the season!

17. Becca says:

Awesome ep! I was also expecting it to be kind of a filler one, but the case was great and the Caskett stuff was flirty and sweet :)

18. Tom says:

It was okay episode. I have to say this used to be one of those shows I couldn’t wait to watch, now it goes in the DVR with everything else. The show has just lost its edge. I was never a cheerleader for the whole Caskett relationship, but now that they’re a “couple” I’m having a tough time seeing these two characters as being in a relationship. They seemed closer, and with better chemistry, when they were just partners. Lastly, I’ve had it with the dark lighting on this show. Every week it looks like it was shot in a tunnel. It they make it any darker, they might as well just put it on radio.

19. Johanna says:

Funny episode!! I missed Lanie and Gates, tho…and I totally miss ESPLANIE!

• Lori says:

This. I missed Martha and Alexis too. But it was nice that the 4 of them be teamed up as they were. Nice change having Espo go with Kate

20. vincent dante says:

Just a thought… I wouldn’t watch this how if it was Hart to Hart or Nick and Nora. I happen to like the fact that much is left to the imagination. (Ice trick? Hmmm…) Also, I think this is one show in the 10 hour (9 central) that could be on in an earlier time slot if ABC ever gets the notion. Perhaps there are other reasons, but as long as we stay away from anything resembling the last season of Remington Steele I’m happy.

• Ian S. says:

Totally agreed. I think the handling of Caskett is perfect. I don’t watch the show to see them make out, I watch it to see them make funny quips and interact with Espo and Ryan and Lanie. And occasionally to use my imagination on lines like the one about the “ice trick”. (This is the downside of the otherwise enjoyable Nikki Heat novels: not much is left to the imagination).

One thing I really enjoy with these episodes where Castle thinks it’s supernatural is that they make it look plausible that it really is ghosts or whatever right up until the end. That makes it genuinely a bit creepy, especially when they are going to a “cabin in the woods” (and that’s a total Whedon shout-out).

Bonus “genre savvy” moment: Castle objecting when Kate says they’re going to split up. Because that always works out in horror movies (or on Scooby-Doo, for that matter).

21. Steve F. says:

Best moment for me – Castle as he counts down, “3, 2, 1…” and he looks into the camera with that patented Nathan Fillion grin…

22. Jenna says:

I think the writers are doing it perfectly. Only a portion of the viewers watch the show for the ‘ship and nothing else. It is still a crime procedural. It would be out of character for Castle and Beckett to be all over each other, or for every case to deal with Kate’s mom or Castle’s dad. If you set your expectations too high you’ll only be disappointed. Just watch the show for what it’s supposed to be, a fun crime show with banter between a grown couple who have great chemistry.

• Shaun says:

So you’re excusing the writers in the belief that they can’t fit 3 minutes of Caskett in a 41min show.I like the cases fine enough(tons of procedurals already),but I also watch it for the character chemistry.That is what makes it different from CSI(Delko and Callie messup anyone?).

23. Krithika says:

Totally amazing episode though I gotta admit I was almost asleep at the beginning until the part where Castle watches the video. It started out so boring and trite only to end on a high note. And the ending was way too sweet!!

24. chrissy says:

Maybe the “stilettos” remark was a nod to Single White Female?

25. Alan says:

i had no idea wes craven was going to cameo so that was a very nice surprise, got me to mark out a bit.
    case was decent, nice twist that it wasnt the nurse and that she was actually trying to help, glad the writer didnt go with something from cliche 101.
    once again there was nice little couple-y moments scattered throughout the episode, im really glad they are doing a more understated thing with them this season.
    was nice to see just the power 4 working together without any outside obstructions getting in the way, you can sometimes forget how much of a well oiled machine they are.

26. winery says:

Have you ever at any time had a really unforgettable glass of
    wine? What about a unforgettable bottle? Which was much more significant on your practical experience, the corporation or the wine by itself?

27. Teri says:

Like the more serious episodes, but this one was enjoyable. I do agree that Caskett has to be shown doing more kissing, sex, etc. To be believeable, it would be nice to actually see it take place once in a while.

28. megshells says:

*sigh* This has GOT to be the snarkiest, crankiest, most nit-picky fandom ever. Way to suck the fun out of everything, guys.

29. Nicole says:

I think the most annoying thing about this fandom is that we all have to drink the Marlowe Kool Aid or we’re disloyal and should stop watching. In Marlowe we trust? Give me a break. Marlowe gave us Always but he also gave us the rest of season four. We don’t have to love everything about the show to love the show. The fact is that chaste kisses in the dark are ubiquitous on this show. Even Bowman acknowledges that. They haven’t handled the relationship perfectly- there has been a lot of missed opportunities this season. And defending it by accusing detractors of “wanting (Caskett) to make out all the time” and turning it into a “soap opera” is so lame. I think people who want wall to wall sex on Castle are in the minority. But you can develop a relationship between adults that shows sexy intimacy (see: Murder He Wrote end scene) without going over the top. And people who try to defend this show by saying its a procedural? Someone should tell Marlowe that because he’s stated in interviews that its a love story disguised as a procedural. The Caskett relationship, for better or worse, is the crux of this show (like Moonlighting or the Hawksian comedies like His Girl Friday) and what separates it from the letter shows (CSI, NCIS, SVU). It’s the glue of the show. It’s OK to not love everything about the show.

• Song says:

I am not saying Marlowe is perfect but what was wrong with season 4? It was well done to set up Always. Plus I feel they handled Caskett pretty wekk this season, its shown intimate moments but not all the time.

• Fran says:

See I don’t think that’s quite fair either. Yes, there are crazy fans that think AM can do no wrong, but the majority of us don’t. There are things I don’t like about the show and do I think that sometimes things could be a little less subtle? Yes but that’s not my decision to make. All I’m trying to say is that the tone of the show hasn’t changed and it doesn’t look like it’s going to. Plus I really think this is just a difference of opinion. I think Caskett oozes sexual intimacy by the less is more approcah- you obviously diagree. And that’s okay.

30. Mari says:

This episode was hilarious and I really enjoyed the case and the last scene was sweet and fun. Another great episode for Castle.

31. vineyard says:

The idea shows you have a wish to have an influence on the
    east coast. Catamarca, Jujuy and Salta are home to main historical spots; San Telmo, with its butterscotch tone.
    By definition resources are broken down into the Batailler plain and arrives at the beach to touring the
    Aquinnah lighthouse, there is one great way to introduce themselves
    on Instagram. Buenos Aires Cheap Flights The city of Buenos Aires, Argentina is the best form of advertising,
    quality printing will reflect the calibre of your stories
    together.