Ratings: Blue Bloods Cops Rare Friday Demo Win, Nikita Rises, Grimm and Touch Dip

Get More: News, Ratings

No RegretsCBS’ Blue Bloods, which regularly draws Friday’s largest audience (this time with 11 million viewers), also scored the best demo rating this week, rising 21 percent to a 1.7.

Setting the table for Blue Bloods was a Hawaii Five-0 rerun, which with 6.4 mil/1.1 was up a tenth from last week’s fresh Golden Boy.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Friday’s usual demo champ, ABC’s Shark Tank, was in repeat mode, netting a 1.6 coming out of fresh eps of Last Man Standing (6.4 mil/1.3, down two tenths) and Malibu Country (5.5 mil/1.0, dropping 23 percent).

Over on NBC, Fashion Star matched its Season 2 opener’s 3 mil/0.8, while Grimm (4.9 mil/1.4) ticked down a tenth from its midseason premiere.

Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares (3.1 mil/1.1) and Touch (2.4 mil/0.6) each ticked down 8 percent and a tenth.

The CW’s Nikita (1.45 mil/0.5) rose two tenths, while Cult (850K/0.3) was up 25 percent and a tenth.

NOTE: Many of the above numbers are subject to adjustment due to college hoops preemptions, this, that and the other thing.

Comments (46)

• I think it’s hard to get a ratings read during college basketball conference weekend. Where we are CBS is all basketball on Thurs and Fridays. Prime Time shows will are over night tonight and Sunday. It will vary by location on what network the games are aired but I bet all over the country they had to adjust their DVRs for basketball. (I’m still waiting to see Big Bang Theory!)

Comment by Tammy – March 16, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BIG BANG got adjusted up three tenths on Thursday, COMMUNITY up a tenth, while TVD and BATB stayed same: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/15/thursday-final-ratings-the-big-bang-theory-american-idol-elementary-adjusted-down/173466/

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 16, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NIKITA is a FANTASTIC show, however I must say it DOESN’T belong on the CW. Put it on the USA network, ADD more explosives/action to it and watch the numbers SKY ROCKET, just saying. Since its rumored that BURN NOTICE could be headed out this summer(hoping NOOTT true) NIKITA would be perfect to replace it.

Comment by DeeeeN – March 16, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It has already been on USA. It ran for five seasons in the 90′s. You can buy the series that was on USA at Cost Co or someplace. I don’t watch this Nikita because it does not compare to the first. But, glad you like it.

Comment by Meakmeak – March 31, 2013 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY NIKITA! Ever since they moved it back to 8pm it really has stayed steady. Fingers crossed for a season 4! This season has been the best yet.

Comment by Jared – March 16, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same, I really love the show and was getting so worried with the ratings @ the beginning of the season. It’s stayed since the time change though so fans are loyal and watching (and everyone who’s NOT watching is missing out!!!), so I’m really hoping it gets renewed since for a Friday CW show, it’s pulling the numbers. HOPEFULLY!

Comment by sara – March 16, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yesterday Nikita’s ending was heartbreaking!!! :(

Comment by luli – March 16, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Blue Bloods so much but it is not Blue Bloods anymore, now is Daniel Reagan’s Law. Tom Selleck and Donnie Whalberg are awesome.

Comment by Alia – March 16, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just cancel Cult and Touch already. Put them out of their misery.

Comment by Eric – March 16, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are they being on the air really affecting you? They’re surely not coming back next season so let the few fans they do have enjoy the rest of the produced episodes. FYI: I don’t watch either show, if that even matters.

Comment by Christian – March 16, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Complaining about shows you don’t watch, that makes sense .Watch the shows you like and don’t complain about shows you don’t like

Comment by Keith – March 16, 2013 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Shows you don’t like do take up a valuable slot. There are way more possible shows than slots. Wanting something you might like in e slot instea, is fair in my book.

Comment by Len – March 17, 2013 12:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This is my point. And it’s not that I don’t like the shows I named. I used to watch Touch, and thought it was pretty good, and Cult’s plot always intrigued me. It’s simply that it’s extremely obvious that the shows will be cancelled, so they had might as well be honest with their fans and give the time slot to something with staying power.

Comment by Eric – March 17, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great episode of Blue Bloods last night, loved how much green was on show throughout the episode, am sure this was a nod to St Patrick’s weekend.

Comment by Martina – March 16, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm needs to get deep into the mythology they’ve set up.Good step with the Wesen Elders.

Comment by Shaun – March 16, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree GRIMM had a good episode last night so ……….what’s up wth the ratings? people were bitching about when the show will be back now that it’s on…WTF? anyways they do need to go alittle deep but the whole ”wesen code violation” is a good start.

Comment by A – March 16, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Personally, I’m getting bored with the juliet-memory plot line. Really bored. And now that Rosalee is being pushed into the background and they refuse to treat Juliet with any respect…..I’m losing interest.
        They need to get their female character problem dealt with ASAP. Greenwalt should know better.

Comment by mia – March 16, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. I seemed to be one of the few who didn’t hate Juliet last year, but I’m getting really tired of her and her one-note story line. She seems to have lost most of her savvy and intelligence along with her memory. I loved how she actually saved Nick multiple times without knowing that he is a Grimm, and that Nick had decided to reveal everything to her, but now she just comes across as dumb and uncaring.

Comment by MelindaB – March 16, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grimm is the best genre show on network TV… What is NBC thinking by teaming it up with FASHION STAR?… How about pair it with Hannibal and the upcoming Dracula? Now that would be a night to bring NBC out of the Nielsen Dark Ages…

Comment by Dean Kish – March 16, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Or bury it further.

Reality is genre shows have never given better than so-so ratings.

While I like the shows, I realize it is a niche market and always will be.

Comment by Len – March 16, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Kinda like The Walking Dead, right? Oh wait…

Comment by Anyhow – March 16, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The walking dead is dong very well for a genre show. It is certainly an exception rather than the norm. I always love when someone makes a comment, how someone throws out one thing to disprove the comment. It certainly doesn’t.

Comment by Len – March 17, 2013 12:31 AM PDT
  • yay for nikita

Comment by ollie – March 16, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I suspect preemptions will cause Nikita to adjust down, but even a 0.4 will be higher than it’s gotten over the last few weeks, so there (it’s not gonna adjust down TWO tenths… right? CW shows don’t do that… I think). If it stays at 0.5, that’s terrific.
    Unfortunately next week is ANOTHER break. Amazing just how poorly planned The CW’s schedule is, completely robbing the show of any opportunity to generate ratings momentum. It’s become a crapshoot as to whether there’s a new episode or not every week.

Comment by Alex Forrest (@AlexForrest5) – March 16, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love blue bloods its a great show love Danny Regan new partner detective Maria Baez she is cool.

Comment by Elisa Gomez – March 16, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Welp. Malibu Country better write a series finale. I’ve stood behind it all season, but they keep dropping hard. Poor Reba, I love her to death, but this show made her original series look like a classic Comedy.

Comment by Thilia – March 16, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ummm, it gets better ratings than New Girl and they’re on Friday nights.

Comment by Jo – March 18, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Touch is one of my favorite shows. It makes me absolutely terrified all the time to see how underrated it is, and everyone who doesn’t watch it saying to just cancel it already. The show is the most abused on TV at the moment. The first season gave people the impression that it was super boring and they stopped right away, and the second season was considered too bloody and violent simply because they were trying to move out of being “boring” like most people considered it. Last night’s episode was anything but boring. It makes me sick just to see it called that anymore, >>boring.<< I love it, so so much, and I want anything but for it to be cancelled. The people who aren't old and watched it up to this season would understand.

Comment by Rachel S. – March 16, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved the first season of Touch. I can’t say the same for the second season. I’m so tired of the almost have her, they don’t have her storyline. It’s just tedious and bad writing.

Comment by Len – March 16, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, Touch is a fantastic show. This is frustrating.

Comment by Blake – March 16, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right! I hate how underrated it is! I absolutely love that show and I would do anything to see it renewed for a 3rd season (which I’m starting to accept that it’s impossible) :(

Comment by Joseph – March 19, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is Nikita doing compared to the other CW shows???

Comment by luli – March 16, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pretty good considering it’s on a Friday. Provided the ratings don’t get adjusted down, it would be matching BatB, which isn’t looking too great since it airs right after TVDiaries. Nikita is basically behind Arrow, SPN, TVD, which all have been renewed already. It’s also behind HOD, but not by a lot.

I have a good feeling Nikita will be renewed. HOD will likely be renewed too. 90210 has already been caneled. Cult will definitely be canceled. TCDiairies will likely be canceled as well. Not sure about BatBeast though..

Comment by Mandy – March 16, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Blue Bloods but could they get real & give Frank a love interest? He’s played by Tom Selleck, for goodness sake! I personally vote for Erin’s friend. :) Also, Danny’s new partner is my fave so far. Hope they keep her.

Comment by Wahlberg – March 16, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They should get Margaret Colin back on the show to reprise the role of Melanie Maines. Tom and she had some serious chemistry when she guested on the show last season, and with Gossip Girl’s ending, she has the time now.

Comment by ragincajun – March 16, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, and I also love Marisa Ramirez as Danny’s partner. They definitely need to stop trying other actresses in the partner role and just keep her.

Comment by ragincajun – March 16, 2013 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tried a couple episodes of Bluebloods, because Tom Selleck! is in it. But, there wasn’t enough Tom Selleck, and to me it was “just another cop show”. I find the usual pretty boring, and I hate cop shows where cops feel that they have a personal interest in “getting the bad guy”. That explains why I still watch the original CSI shows and not the other CSI shows, why I loved the original Law and Order shows, and not so much the spinoffs, though Vincent d”onfrio kept me involved in Criminal Intent long past its due date.
    Grimm is original and fun. I don’t like all the gunplay, why does it devolve into that?
    Touch is amazing, not my favorite show (Psych is), but it keeps me watching, hoping there is no devolution in the plot in an attempt to keep/gain viewers.

Comment by bobbie – March 16, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still enjoying Cult. It is playing out more like a book than a TV series, steadily building the plot, but each episode isn’t a self contained story. I can see some people not liking that. I just hope the finale works as a series finale.

Comment by Drew – March 16, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FYI…Malibu Country was not new…at least not in my area. It was recognized as new to my dvr but it was in actuality a repeat.

Comment by Lindsey – March 16, 2013 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like that Nikita gets over 1 million on a Friday night when many CW shows can’t get that during the week. I think Malibu Country has potential- Lily Tomlin is hilarious. They need more of her.

Comment by Mikael – March 16, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stinkita will get adjusted down.

Touch and Cult are deader than dead and deserve to be.

Comment by Alex – March 16, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its Nikita, and it won’t.

Comment by luli – March 17, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve tried to get into Cult, but I find myself wondering what’s the point of the show? On the Following, the cult is obsessed with a serial killer and does his bidding. But on Cult, they haven’t explained why all of these people are in the cult. Because they watched a tv show and became obsessed? What is their goal?

Comment by Mikael – March 18, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is done really well, and would have higher numbers, if CW wouldn’t always pre empt it. Maggie Q is fantastic, and the rest of the cast is structured well for the shows writing.

Comment by Larry – March 20, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Danny reagan is the downfall of this show he is portrayed as superman no one can touch him he thinks he runs the whole police department get rid of him and you have a great show

Comment by richard – August 21, 2013 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Put blue bloods out of its misery that show sucks. Stupid dumb cop shows I hate them. I only watch what I want to watch. I like Mike and Molly. Mom and 2 broke girls and the originals on Cw the Carrie diaries and grey’s anatomy once upon a time. Revenge and betrayal. I think tom selleck is ugly. And I like the vampire diaries and arrow and chigaco fire. I will not watch Chigago PD. That sounds stupid. I watch Dracula. And SNL. Marvels agents of Sheild. Nikita and The goldbergs. And also I want to mention that I hate cops so much. They all suck

Comment by Adriane – November 16, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post