Burn Notice Casts Jack Coleman, Fi's New Beau

Burn Notice Season 7 SpoilersFresh off his recent Castle encore, Jack Coleman has boarded Burn Notice in a recurring role.

Former soap star/The Closer alum Stephen Martines also will be a part of the USA Network drama’s truncated (13-episode) seventh and possibly final season.

RELATED | John Stamos Tackles Arc on USA’s Necessary Roughness

As reported by our sister site Deadline, Coleman — whose other TV credits include The Office, Heroes and, of course, Dynasty – will play Andrew Strong, a high-ranking CIA officer who will push Michael and push him hard, now that he’s again back in the fold.

RELATED | USA’s Covert Affairs Adds CSI: NY‘s Hill Harper as Series Regular

Martines meanwhile has been cast as Fiona’s new bounty hunter boyfriend, Carlos Cruz.

1. Jack Coleman! :D Yay for another badass character!

2. Elyse says:

did I miss something? did Michael and Fi break up? it’s been awhile since the finale so maybe that’s why I’m confused.

• Caren says:

I was wondering the same thing!!

• Lee h. says:

Totally confused though I’ve seen Fiona mad before but to trade off Michael for this Twit that Mike would kick his ass! Comeon writers your getting desperate now.

• j Nim says:

Michael and Fiona separated because in the last episode season 6, Michael struck a deal with the CIA despite Fiona’s prior disaaproval, but he did it to get them and himself out of Jail after he was surrounded by Coast Guards while he took down the CIA Dog Olivia Riley who was after him for killing Tom Card. J N

3. samfz says:

I was also wondering if they broke up? She must not be able to forgive him for joining back up with the CIA in a major role.

4. A.B. says:

They must have a time jump and now Fi and Michael are not together cause she can’t forgive him for joining the CIA again. I wonder if Sam and his lady friend will still be together. She seemed like the one.

5. Irena Gallo says:

No way can I picture Fi with anyone but Michael. And this new guy? He wasn’t great on The Closer in a small role. Dunno if he has what it takes to stand up to Fi’s character. Especially after Michael.

6. It says recurring role. Fi’s had other boyfriends, too, but none ever lasted. I’m hoping for the same here!

• Lee h. says:

This series with Fiona and the twit is just nada! Without Michael and Fiona constantly working together and the constant flirt thus series sucks! Yeah she’s had other boyfriends but this one takes the cake.

7. pecola says:

Why bring on a new character when Jesse’s there? He’s had a thing for Fiona since the very beginning.

8. chefnedra says:

Love that show!! Thanks for the update – Chef Nedra

9. wednesday says:

WTF! After everything they went through last season to be together they’re going to have Fi get a new boyfirend! I’m not buying it. Do they want the show to be cancelled! I know Michael was a complete idiot, but they always work things out. This is getting ridiculous. I would almost rather them cancel the show. Get Michael & Fi together & stay together & then end it!

• Shannon says:

I have to catch up on season 6 and from the posts it seems like the last season started out well and then went downhill and it seems to break up FI and Michael again does not make sense at this point look at all the other seasons and what they did to be together. truly please do not tell me this brilliant show is being led down the tubes because I would hate that. Writers show runners etc get your act together and be smarter.

• Kristen says:

Seriously…the whole Anson story started because he framed Fi, and Michael had to catch Anson for Fi to be released. That led to Nate getting killed and the fall out from Nate’s death put them on the run, etc last season. So the whole mess started because Michael wanted Fi out of jail so they could be together…and now she’s gonna have a new bf?? MAD!

10. Megan says:

I’ve been really behind on this season, but now I don’t know if I even want to catch up! They break-up Michael and Fi AGAIN???? That’s so disappointing!!!!

11. Dee says:

So disappointed, loved Fi and Michael as a couple. Don’t know if I want to watch it now. Maybe just a couple of episodes then get them back together.

12. Carrie says:

Add me to the list of people who are confused about Fiona having a new boyfriend. She didn’t break up with Michael in the finale. I really don’t care to watch her with someone else.

13. JBC says:

Obviously Fi is not going to forgive Michael for rejoining the CIA, at least not for a while. My bet is the new boyfriend comes in, it will drive Michael crazy and he and Fi will be back together by the finale and on the road to the altar. They need some new things to work through. I love their chemistry together and the relationship is one you can buy into, not like the one on White Collar with Neal and Sara. It would be nice to see Jesse have a new relationship too. I really wish that they hadn’t killed off Michael’s brother.

• Shannon says:

Since Micheal’s brother was killed what happened to his son? is he with his mother? Why not be with Grandma?

• dude says:

i think his son is with mother and i agree with other posts hating that Nate got killed

• eye says:

Why would he live with his grandma if his mother is alive and fully capable of taking care of him?

• Christy says:

Mother is not capable of taking care of the child. That’s why Maddie is fighting for custody of him. Would be nice if Fi and Michael would get back together and end up with custody of the little one!

14. dude says:

People after the last season i expected this Fi was heartbroken and the role is only recurring and if this is the final season i hope it isnt though, Mike and Fiona are going to be the endgame. Jack Coleman yeah HRG!!!!

15. Dee1212 says:

Of course the boyfriend won’t last. Gotta have some mike/fi drama for the last season. Jeffrey Donovan gave a hint prior to season 6 that there would be a huge betrayal. Mike had gave Fi hope that they would leave the life and then he did what he did. So she’s gone. But let’s remember how many times she said it was over and something brings them back together.

16. Maria says:

I am not going to watch this show again until I hear that Michael and Fiona are back together. They were so stupid to take the show down this road. Michael could have quit a long time ago and decided to just stay in Miami with Fi, Maddie, Sam and Jesse doing their little under the radar jobs pitting bad guys against bad guys to protect the innocents who get caught up in the web. I want to see Michael and Fi together or end the show. But it sure would have been nice if they could just calm it down, get rid of the CIA stuff and let Michael decide to be an ex-spy like Jesse and do the small rescue jobs. It’s really a shame! It would have been a new, cooler version. Sad. :(

17. Jonas says:

Honestly, the show should have ended with the last season in a scenario where Mike, Fi, Sam, Jesse, and Madeline successfully escape the U.S. The show is beginning to drag on from this point -_- Also, the new bf looks like a tool; I just hope that the show ends with Mike and Fi getting back together, and Mike finally being able to retire. End the show already! Whatever, seven’s a lucky number.

18. Michael and Fi will never work..he is married to the job. I was intrigued by the possibility of Fi and Jesse but the writers never followed that path. Fi needs to have a strong partner.. remember Campbell? As for Maddie, can the writers cast a relationship that doesnt end in either death or outlaw. Sam should stay with his lady love (finally get his divorce) and make an honest woman of her.

19. fiona glenanne says:

I love Mike and Fi but it doesn’t seem that they will ever work. Michael loves his job and he’s not ready to settle down. But Fi seems to have a vision of a house with a picket fence
    and little kids running around and shooting Nerf guns. (maybe she should date Jessie.) Madeline said in an season 2 “Michael i know you’ll never go for the wife and kids and the house with the picket fence.”
    And i happen to think shes right. I love Burn Notice but i think their running out of things to write about. But i kinda wish the writers would write it a little more like the first few seasons
    like season 3 Fiona says “We’re setting up a nice little bisness here Michael we ought to do it right.” i think they should get the CIA off their backs and open up their “little” agency.
    In any case i DO NOT want Burn Notice to stop. just give the charters nice lives and a job working together and keep the show going.

20. o'neal says:

Never liked Fiona, glad they are getting seperated, I really like this show, watched all the seasons twice , I would really like if they replace Fiona char with some other chick or kill Fiona in episode 1 of new season nd find Michael a new girlfriend. Other then that, Sam and Jessie rock’s.!!!

21. Donna says:

How about moving them to Washington, DC? It gets rid of the problems with Miami and gives them a new atmosphere and possible problems.

If they were only real… we could move them to Boston.

22. Jim says:

Does Matt Nix really want to portray Fiona as a slut? Remember Campbell, one of Fiona’s boy toys several seasons ago— just when we though Fi and Michael are bonded for life, Fi opens her arms and legs for another guy.

• Dee says:

Loved that series but I will not be watching the last season. Fiona and Mike should have stayed together.

23. Heather says:

I am so unhappy with the writing this season. For Seasons 1-6, Burn Notice was my absolutely favorite show to watch – the characters were witty and coy, the plots sustained complexity – Burn Notice was straight up clever because it was, to a point, unpredictable. I heard the unfortunate news that they got a new writer for season 7 and it really shows. They are trying and it could be worse- they have tried to follow the Burn Notice “formula” but it is just that, nothing more. Also, they have not successfully mimicked what the actors would say/ do; or maybe the actors want to do that but the director is making them do something different. Either way, the Fi, Madelaine, Jesse and Sam are more dramatic and upset “what do we do with only 2 hours, ther eis not hope!” where the old group would have been nonchalent about it like ” yeah, 2 hours that’s cuttin it close, we better get crackin.” Don’t jip us of our characters!

24. Interesting issues here actually good points right here, just many thanks

25. Sherry clark says:

Burn Notice was ruined for the last season. thanks writers for a bad taste in our mouths after watching all these years.