ABC's Bachelor Pad Shuttered for the Summer

photo_4If you’re in the tetracycline business, you might want to sit down: Bachelor Pad failed to score a date with ABC for the summer.

RELATED | Rookie Blue Boss Previews Season 4 Time Jump

Sources confirm for TVLine that which series boss Mike Fleiss revealed via Twitter on Saturday: The offshoot/by-product/side effect of ABC’s Bachelor/Bachelorette franchises will not be a part of the network’s summer slate.

Bachelor Pad‘s most recent season finale drew 4.5 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating, down 25 and 32 percent from its sophomore closer.

Do you think the “dating” show/competition needed a cold shower? Will you miss it? Will there be 20 or so fewer modeling/cater waiter jobs available in L.A. this summer?

Tags: ,

Comments (31)

• About time. I’ve never made it thru an entire episode.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – March 16, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my God, this TV show has got to be the guiltiest of pleasures! I was really looking forward to it.

Comment by martina – March 16, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And so we are gathered here to mourn the loss of seeing people wanting to get it on at a chance at being a star. Thanks ABC

Comment by dude – March 16, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was already renewed, thought I read it earlier this week somewhere.

Comment by Martin – March 16, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 16, 2013 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL!! That article was very well written, and more fun than watching that show, which I have to admit was fun to watch. And yes, the show probably needed a cold shower, but not as desperately as I needed a hot one after watching. I might miss it, there’s really not much else on tv in late summer.

Comment by april-ann – March 16, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell’s Kitchen will have no competition this summer then.

Comment by Evan – March 16, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And by that I mean the probably second competiton they’ll run, not the one that just started. Or Masterchef, depending on which way they do it.

Comment by Evan – March 16, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hate to admit it, but this is really disappointing. Haha

Comment by Brandy – March 16, 2013 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am ashamed to admit this but I am very disappointed by this news. BP no doubt is full of famewhores but it’s still amusing.

Comment by Lacey – March 16, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we still have big brother its going to be okay

Comment by dude – March 16, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Big Brother although if they have to bring back previous players I wish they’d stop bringing back the same ones over and over.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – March 16, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Bachelor Pad better then The Bachelor.

Comment by Wpbpatfl – March 16, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me 2 im so sad it’s not going to be on this summer. U suck ABC

Comment by kn – April 17, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • big brother is always better with new roommates than old favs because we have already seen them play, just better that way but the motto is Expect the Unexpected. Though we just expect fan favs now lol

Comment by dude – March 16, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darn, I really enjoy watching this show. It’s such a hot mess and one of my TV guilty pleasure shows.

Comment by Tenney – March 17, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe they figured they couldn’t top the finale of the past season, with what’s his name saying, “Screw her, I’m keeping all the money!”

I’m really going to miss Bachelor Pad. It’s a big slab of trash television, but I sure loved watching those pretty dimwits conspire against one another.

Comment by dan – March 17, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never seen it. Just came to comment on the hilarious tetracycline joke. :D

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – March 17, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the ending of last year’s Bachelor Pad was one of the best moments of reality TV ever! After seeing the ratings numbers it looks like they were not good enough. My girlfriend always says never again but we watched all 3 seasons. The last one was a hoot!

Comment by Ted Sutton – March 17, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally faked reality TV is starting to decline. can we please please get back to traditional entertainment….

Comment by ChuckMe Forever – March 17, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so sad!! That is one damn crazy, entertaining show. BP>TB

Comment by kelly – March 17, 2013 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked BP! bring it back!

Comment by JRD – March 18, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least I still have SYTYCD.

Comment by Ann VerWiebe – March 18, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What?!? I am so sad… Such a guilty pleasure I was really looking forward to! Especially with the cast-offs of the last Bachelorette and Bachelor!

Comment by Denice – March 18, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to miss it. It is a guilty pleasure, but good that they will have a larger pool of rejects when they bring it back next summer. I hope they bring it back.
    Just please don’t bring back Micheal Stagliano, Gia and that girl with the tierra and wand. They had thier shots. Twice!

Comment by Gerald – March 19, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maybe it just got too sleazy. it sure did for me!

Comment by shadester – March 19, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great. This program was garbage and I am glad that is out.

Comment by Mira – April 4, 2013 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if they could cancel the bachelor and the bachelorette we could actually put some better shows on that would be tons better than any of these three!

Comment by Rachelle – April 10, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I am in the minority. I enjoyed it and found it interesting how people make choices and how they react to other peoples choices. I would not be proud of some of the things that took place, but I did not grow up in this time and place. It was fun to watch.

Comment by Elaineb – April 10, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show. I always dreamed of being a cast member.

Comment by Amy clarke – April 10, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A person essentially help to make severely posts I might state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and up to now? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual submit amazing. Wonderful process

Comment by Jones sabo and some other – April 14, 2013 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post