ABC's Bachelor Pad Shuttered for the Summer

photo_4If you’re in the tetracycline business, you might want to sit down: Bachelor Pad failed to score a date with ABC for the summer.

RELATED | Rookie Blue Boss Previews Season 4 Time Jump

Sources confirm for TVLine that which series boss Mike Fleiss revealed via Twitter on Saturday: The offshoot/by-product/side effect of ABC’s Bachelor/Bachelorette franchises will not be a part of the network’s summer slate.

Bachelor Pad‘s most recent season finale drew 4.5 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating, down 25 and 32 percent from its sophomore closer.

Do you think the “dating” show/competition needed a cold shower? Will you miss it? Will there be 20 or so fewer modeling/cater waiter jobs available in L.A. this summer?

1. Wrstlgirl says:

About time. I’ve never made it thru an entire episode.

2. martina says:

Oh my God, this TV show has got to be the guiltiest of pleasures! I was really looking forward to it.

3. dude says:

And so we are gathered here to mourn the loss of seeing people wanting to get it on at a chance at being a star. Thanks ABC

4. Martin says:

I thought it was already renewed, thought I read it earlier this week somewhere.

5. april-ann says:

LOL!! That article was very well written, and more fun than watching that show, which I have to admit was fun to watch. And yes, the show probably needed a cold shower, but not as desperately as I needed a hot one after watching. I might miss it, there’s really not much else on tv in late summer.

6. Evan says:

Hell’s Kitchen will have no competition this summer then.

• Evan says:

And by that I mean the probably second competiton they’ll run, not the one that just started. Or Masterchef, depending on which way they do it.

7. Brandy says:

I really hate to admit it, but this is really disappointing. Haha

8. Lacey says:

I am ashamed to admit this but I am very disappointed by this news. BP no doubt is full of famewhores but it’s still amusing.

9. dude says:

we still have big brother its going to be okay

• Wrstlgirl says:

Love Big Brother although if they have to bring back previous players I wish they’d stop bringing back the same ones over and over.

10. Wpbpatfl says:

I liked Bachelor Pad better then The Bachelor.

11. dude says:

big brother is always better with new roommates than old favs because we have already seen them play, just better that way but the motto is Expect the Unexpected. Though we just expect fan favs now lol

12. Tenney says:

Darn, I really enjoy watching this show. It’s such a hot mess and one of my TV guilty pleasure shows.

13. dan says:

Maybe they figured they couldn’t top the finale of the past season, with what’s his name saying, “Screw her, I’m keeping all the money!”

I’m really going to miss Bachelor Pad. It’s a big slab of trash television, but I sure loved watching those pretty dimwits conspire against one another.

14. Britta Unfiltered says:

Never seen it. Just came to comment on the hilarious tetracycline joke. :D

15. Ted Sutton says:

I thought the ending of last year’s Bachelor Pad was one of the best moments of reality TV ever! After seeing the ratings numbers it looks like they were not good enough. My girlfriend always says never again but we watched all 3 seasons. The last one was a hoot!

16. ChuckMe Forever says:

Finally faked reality TV is starting to decline. can we please please get back to traditional entertainment….

17. kelly says:

I’m so sad!! That is one damn crazy, entertaining show. BP>TB

18. JRD says:

I liked BP! bring it back!

19. Ann VerWiebe says:

At least I still have SYTYCD.

20. Denice says:

What?!? I am so sad… Such a guilty pleasure I was really looking forward to! Especially with the cast-offs of the last Bachelorette and Bachelor!

21. Gerald says:

I’m going to miss it. It is a guilty pleasure, but good that they will have a larger pool of rejects when they bring it back next summer. I hope they bring it back.
    Just please don’t bring back Micheal Stagliano, Gia and that girl with the tierra and wand. They had thier shots. Twice!

22. shadester says:

maybe it just got too sleazy. it sure did for me!

23. Mira says:

Great. This program was garbage and I am glad that is out.

24. Rachelle says:

Now if they could cancel the bachelor and the bachelorette we could actually put some better shows on that would be tons better than any of these three!

25. Elaineb says:

I think I am in the minority. I enjoyed it and found it interesting how people make choices and how they react to other peoples choices. I would not be proud of some of the things that took place, but I did not grow up in this time and place. It was fun to watch.

26. Amy clarke says:

I loved this show. I always dreamed of being a cast member.

27. A person essentially help to make severely posts I might state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and up to now? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual submit amazing. Wonderful process