Veronica Mars Movie Meets Fundraising Goal - Check Out Six Possible Big-Screen Plots

Veronica Mars Movie Gets FundraisingNo offense to Mars Investigations’ canine mascot, but Veronica Mars fans on Wednesday provided the real backup, pledging — in just over 10 hours, and with an average donation of $63 — the $2 million necessary to start production on a film version of the defunct CW series.

RELATED | 25 Shows You Want Remade or Revived Right Now!

Now that the project is officially a go and earmarked for an early 2014 release, here are a few plot suggestions we wouldn’t mind seeing play out on the big screen. A LoVe reunion? Deputy Leo? Wallace? We’ve included it all.

Click through the gallery below to find ideas that Rob ThomasKristen Bell and everyone else involved in the venture should feel free to explore (in exchange for a Team TVLine producer credit, of course).

What adventures would you like to see Veronica have on the silver screen? Sound off in the comments!

1. Jan says:

So excited! Take that, Warner Brothers, for thinking there wasn’t enough interest!

2. lilu says:

This is so epic! And I was part of it! Now go for firefly!

3. David Francis says:

Great, Now Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

4. Michele says:

NOOO Don’t kill Weevil!!! I can’t wait for the movie!! So freaking excited!!

5. Lola says:

I have to stick up for Warner Brothers here. I think the studio has actually been pretty cool about this – they basically said they’d give them the rights to Veronica Mars to use, they’d pay for distribution and marketing, but that there probably wasn’t enough interest for them to fund a movie the way they normally would. And as much as I LOVE VM, that’s probably true. I think it was a reasonable compromise. KBell and Rob Thomas, and the donating fans deserve oodles of credit (as do the other actors for their support), but I don’t think WB is the bad guy here.

6. Dominique says:

There can be NO movie where Weevil isn’t present or dies. Just putting it out, cause the dude’s awesome!!

7. BringBackVM says:

Awesome!

• BringBackVM says:

Maybe they can actually release the seasons on blu-ray now too instead of old DVD (are you listening WB?). The whole series was produced in HD so why is it still only offered for sale in SD?

But awesome on the movie! Knew it would someone get made.

8. EVERYTHING WHAT IS ABOUT LOGAN AND VERONICA LOVE STORY.

9. Alicia L. says:

I don’t care what the storyline is as long as Weevil doesn’t die and all the important characters come back and LoVe ends up together at the end of the movie. I like the idea of the ten year reunion, but I hope that Veronica was like in the FBI or some other federal agency working her skills.

I’m also hoping that they get Teddy Dunn to be in the movie because come on even though I love Veronica and Logan together, I would think after ten years it is safe to come out of hiding.

I’m also kind of hoping that Mac and Dick are together in the movie or they get together because that was one of the many things that made me mad that the WB didn’t even let them have a proper finale.

10. Veerle says:

How I wish they might do this for Leverage! I know they had a good closure to the show, but still… I miss freaky Parker.

11. Loke says:

Cant believe people waste so much money for a stupid show movie.

#Firstworldproblems

This is why the rest of the world cant have nice things

12. Bunnybun says:

Did someone notice that Kristen wrote : LoVe to you all ? Let hope it’s a sign that Rob will end it on a Logan and Veronica storie

13. Fido says:

When they add some rewards deliverable to people outside the US, I can see the amount pledged quickly doubling… TRIPLING even. !!!

14. Dante says:

never really got into this show but fair play to the fans, i’m really impressed by all this and hope the movie is what they want

shame on the studio though for expecting the fans to cough up to fund this project

15. dude says:

AHHHHHH! Cant wait! I think the first storyline sounds awesome!

16. cas says:

Seriously so a studio got people to donate money to make a movie, when movie’s normally make money in the first place? How about people give 2 million to homeless people or foster kids, I am sure they would gladly make you a movie for a little food or roof over their head.

17. RichieS says:

I hope the next show to do this will be Friday Night Lights. Chuck was a good show but I don’t know whether that silliness could sustain a two hour big screen plot. I’m sure FNL could and with their incredible cast they would have the star power as well.

18. Liz says:

Now that this VM movie is on the road, we nee movies of:
    – Gilmore Girls (the last season was horrible, the finale too little too late. We need to see Luke & Lorelai happy! And Rory with Dean… but not everybody agree here)

– Roswell (I would love to see what happened to them all, especially Max & Liz!!)

– Buffy (but ONLY if we FINALLY see her happy ending with Angel… But with DB busy with Bones, Sarah’s new show, and Joss’s movies, it will never happen… Well, we still have fanfictions…)

19. all the plot ideas seem to be taken from fanfiction.net… (GREAT IDEA BULB… since the fans helped to fund the movie… why doesn’t rob thomas adapt one of the thousands of veronica mars fan fictions?)

20. Matt C. says:

I literally love all of these potential storylines, except the one where Weevil dies. That would just be too much! Especially at the START of the movie!

I think they’ll go with the “murder/mystery at Neptune High” that forces Veronica to revert back to her old sleuthing ways, while also catching up with all the characters at the high school reunion.

21. Romi says:

So excited about this movie but please don’t kill off any of the VM regulars and would love to see Wallace, Weevil and Duncan involved too.

22. shadester says:

i like the first 3 ideas!

23. Mikael says:

I couldn’t believe it when I saw on the Kickstarter page that they want to bring Piz back. Did anyone actually like him? His character just felt like CW forcing the show to be like 90210. And I hope Duncan comes back. Was he just hiding from kidnapping charges? Is there a statute of limitations on that?

24. K. says:

LOVE THIS! Just as long as they get Logan and Veronica together at the end! I don’t care if they bring Piz back either, I never felt he was part of the group. Also would love to see Roswell done and Buffy, as long as Angel was part of it, I always thought him and Buffy belonged together….

25. Mikael says:

They should set a goal that if they raise over 3 million, they won’t bring Piz back.

26. Krissi G says:

Piz & Veronica SHOULD TOTALLY STILL BE TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I miss Mac… :(

27. shawn00m says:

Here’s my take at a storyline: After cutting her teeth in the FBI on a grisly serial killer who targeted couples, Veronica made a splash as a rookie agent helping to bring the madman in. Year’s later, back in Neptune, Sheriff Mars is called when club owner Logan Echolls reports that his business partner and friend, Dick Cassablancas, along with his wife Madison have gone missing. When their bodies are found murdered in an eerily similar way to the M.O. of the killer she famously helped bring in, FBI Profiler Veronica Mars is forced to return to Neptune to investigate. In order to solve the case, Veronica will have to work with her father once again while revisiting old faces from the town she grew up in. I’ll let the professionals take if from there. But this could be a standalone movie for people who never saw the show while providing fans like us a chance to see the old gang together again – and hopefully see Logan and Veronica happy together once and for all.

28. Sheldon W. says:

I’m not sure I care about the mystery as much as the setting Rob Thomas proposed on Kickstarter – V-Ron’s 10-Year High School Reunion. With that crowd, you just know something bad has to happen – and our plucky investigator will be on the scene to suss out the solution.

Plus, Mac!

29. Steve L says:

V return to Neptune for some reason, and it end up with the finale showdown with the kane’s. A very dark story, who is to trust and who’s not. And she uncovers a mystery much bigger than either of them suspected

30. Colleen says:

yeah…I’m just going to go ahead and pretend you DID NOT just suggest they kill off Weevil. smh

31. Kim says:

OMG – I didn’t watch the show when it was on originally, but I literally just watched all three seasons in the space of a week because it was SO frakkin’ addictive! I was really disappointed in how the series ended, so to have it come back and give the fans closure is so fantastic. As long as they bring back the chemistry between Logan & Veronica, I’m good. Bring it on KB & RT! You guys ROCK!!!

32. Patricia says:

Åååååh all i want is logan and veronica together 4ever, I really hope it ends like that :( :)

33. AmberM says:

I have a decent plot idea, it’s more of an in general idea tho. So almost all of the plots above involve a crime that results in a sort of high school reunion. Why not have a real high school reunion at Neptune High and then a crime? Maybe one of the popular kids are murdered? Maybe another conspiracy? It’ll be like the show all over again! This way, it involves everyone and it doesn’t just revolve around one character. To tell you the truth? I could care less about the plot of the movie (I still hope they use my idea, I mean doesn’t everybody) I’m just glad that there is going to be a movie. I just recently started watching the series (I watched all 3 seasons in less than a month) and I was totally bummed that the show got cancelled (all of the awesome shows do). I’m just glad that they’re (in general) doing something about it! Yay!

34. Sherrie says:

How about she figures out the mystery of what happened to her first love Duncan? Since he left the show never to be heard from again, it’d be nice if THAT mystery was solved.

35. I leave a leave a response each time I appreciate a article on a site
    or I have something to valuable to contribute to the conversation.
    It is caused by the fire displayed in the article I read.
    And after this article Veronica Mars Movie 2014 – Plot Ideas – TVLine.
    I was excited enough to drop a thought :-)
    I actually do have 2 questions for you if you do not mind.

Could it be just me or do some of the comments come across as if they are left by brain dead visitors?

:-P And, if you are writing at additional sites, I’d like
    to keep up with everything fresh you have to post.
    Would you make a list the complete urls of your community pages like your twitter feed,
    Facebook page or linkedin profile?