Exclusive

Exclusive NCIS First Look: The McAdmiral's on Deck! Plus: The Return of [Spoiler]

A storm’s a-brewin’ on CBS’ NCIS, and his name is Navy Admiral John McGee — and TVLine has a first look at the VIParent’s arrival.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

In “Squall,” the March 26 episode of TV’s most watched drama, the NCIS team boards the USS Borealis to investigate a crime in the wake of a brutal storm. With most everyone a suspect, the tension only builds when McGee discovers that his estranged father — played by guest star Jamey Sheridan (Homeland) — was on board during the incident.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Is Gibbs about to grill the McAdmiral? Or give him props for raising a good boy? UPDATED: Check out our exclusive photo, then scroll down for a slideshow of more “Squall” pics, including the return of Joel Gretsch (V) as Special Agent Stan Burley.

Squall

1. Laurie says:

Always really liked Jamey Sheridan, REALLY looking forward to this episode!

• Ru says:

I was just about to post the exact same thing Laurie, I think it’s a good choice!

• TVDIVA says:

I love James Sheridan, too. Excellent choice for McGee’s father.

• A says:

HOLLY CRAP………MCgee’s dad? finally! Always wonder what his parents are like. we’ve already seen his sister and grandmother on previous seasons……..his father is an ADMIRAL! DON’T MESS W/ PAPA Mcgee!

2. Meredith says:

Is it a rule that family members must end up in an interrogation room with Gibbs at some point?

That said, I’ve been waiting for to see McGee’s father for years.

3. Dreamrose says:

Looks like Ollie Queen’s dad really did have a secret life. He had a whole other family on the side, not to mention a naval career! Ironic, then that he died at sea… ;-)

4. Svenja says:

This is exciting. I cannot wait for this episode.

5. Jessica says:

They have the same hair cut.

6. Zorkel567 says:

Can’t wait for this…

7. Maria says:

is it a tradition McGee’s Family always end up a suspect First his Sister Second his Grandmother and Now His Father :/ But Can’t wait for the Episode but will have to wait intill mid-may :/

8. neva_eva_always says:

Ooh sounds intriguing. Can’t wait to see what Gibbs says and does.

9. iella says:

McGreat!

10. Elaine Oxley-Bryan says:

Watch N C I S on line here in the UK every week on
    Tv at the moment is last years do HQ as not been blown
    up yet , but I will still get this seasons DVDS when they are on sale cant wait for McGees father to appear

11. Ed says:

I would not be surprised if Gibbs doesn’t do the same thing he did with Tony’s Father….read him the riot act about not taking the time to connect with his son.

I really hope the writers crafed a good script, because this is one episode that many people have been anxious to see.

12. lauren says:

i have been waiting for this episode for a very long time. I saw a sneak peek and I think that Tony will help McGee, he has been through the similar problems, and I hope that Gibbs does speak to McGee’s father, or Abby, no THAT would be intresting.

• the8tregirl says:

I would be very surprised if Abby did NOT talk to the Admiral – assuming they are in the same building in the story. Her bond with McGee is incredibly strong and her feelings about family just as strong. Abby may take 300x more words to say what she wants to convey than Gibbs, but they both have a remarkably keen view of the world and its people.

13. Kathy says:

Sheridan is a good choice — he can play a hardass. And given Tim’s comment about his childhood being like “The Great Santini’, Tim had a lot to live up to (after that episode, I started picturing his father as looking like Robert John Burke, who’s made a good living playing rats like the IAB lieutenant on L&O SVU).

I just wish I could get a better look at his fruit salad and warfare badge — I can’t tell if it’s a surface warfare badge or submarine dolphins.

14. Malreen Adams says:

I was excited reading this article, as McGee is my favorite one on the show. But, I was so disappointed when ALL of the pictures were of everybody else. Why write an article and NOT have a picture of the one who is being talked about. I was a fan of Jamey Sheridan when he was on Law and Order:CI. He will be good as a regular on NCIS.

15. leiah says:

I hope McGee’s dad SUFFERS in his death – I know how bad cancer is – I was only stage 3, but the pain is excruciating…. anyone who can do what he did to McGee needs to SUFFER.