Exclusive NCIS First Look: The McAdmiral's on Deck! Plus: The Return of [Spoiler]

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

A storm’s a-brewin’ on CBS’ NCIS, and his name is Navy Admiral John McGee — and TVLine has a first look at the VIParent’s arrival.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

In “Squall,” the March 26 episode of TV’s most watched drama, the NCIS team boards the USS Borealis to investigate a crime in the wake of a brutal storm. With most everyone a suspect, the tension only builds when McGee discovers that his estranged father — played by guest star Jamey Sheridan (Homeland) — was on board during the incident.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

Is Gibbs about to grill the McAdmiral? Or give him props for raising a good boy? UPDATED: Check out our exclusive photo, then scroll down for a slideshow of more “Squall” pics, including the return of Joel Gretsch (V) as Special Agent Stan Burley.

Squall

Comments (29)

• I can’t wait!

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch (@mkroggasch) – March 13, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always really liked Jamey Sheridan, REALLY looking forward to this episode!

Comment by Laurie – March 13, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just about to post the exact same thing Laurie, I think it’s a good choice!

Comment by Ru – March 13, 2013 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love James Sheridan, too. Excellent choice for McGee’s father.

Comment by TVDIVA – March 14, 2013 03:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • HOLLY CRAP………MCgee’s dad? finally! Always wonder what his parents are like. we’ve already seen his sister and grandmother on previous seasons……..his father is an ADMIRAL! DON’T MESS W/ PAPA Mcgee!

Comment by A – March 14, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it a rule that family members must end up in an interrogation room with Gibbs at some point?

That said, I’ve been waiting for to see McGee’s father for years.

Comment by Meredith – March 13, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not sure, but in this sense yes because McGee’s farther is Navy and NCIS does investigate crimes involving the Navy no matter how far upper the chain of command they go.

Comment by Jeannie C (@JeannieC83) – March 14, 2013 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like Ollie Queen’s dad really did have a secret life. He had a whole other family on the side, not to mention a naval career! Ironic, then that he died at sea… ;-)

Comment by Dreamrose – March 13, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is exciting. I cannot wait for this episode.

Comment by Svenja – March 13, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aaaaargh Sucks to stay in the UK :/

Comment by Maria – March 14, 2013 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They have the same hair cut.

Comment by Jessica – March 13, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for this…

Comment by Zorkel567 – March 13, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is it a tradition McGee’s Family always end up a suspect First his Sister Second his Grandmother and Now His Father :/ But Can’t wait for the Episode but will have to wait intill mid-may :/

Comment by Maria – March 14, 2013 02:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maria, this episode is showing on March 26th not mid May.

Comment by Jeannie C (@JeannieC83) – March 14, 2013 02:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I live in Scotland(United Kingdom) that’s why I have to wait intill Mid-May sorry for the confusion

Comment by Maria – March 14, 2013 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m sorry you have to wait so long! Do you want any spoilery before then?

Comment by the8tregirl – March 24, 2013 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooh sounds intriguing. Can’t wait to see what Gibbs says and does.

Comment by neva_eva_always – March 14, 2013 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aaaaargh sucks to stay in the UK does anyone know good site so I can watch it Please……

Comment by Maria – March 14, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGreat!

Comment by iella – March 14, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch N C I S on line here in the UK every week on
    Tv at the moment is last years do HQ as not been blown
    up yet , but I will still get this seasons DVDS when they are on sale cant wait for McGees father to appear

Comment by Elaine Oxley-Bryan – March 14, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would not be surprised if Gibbs doesn’t do the same thing he did with Tony’s Father….read him the riot act about not taking the time to connect with his son.

I really hope the writers crafed a good script, because this is one episode that many people have been anxious to see.

Comment by Ed – March 15, 2013 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i have been waiting for this episode for a very long time. I saw a sneak peek and I think that Tony will help McGee, he has been through the similar problems, and I hope that Gibbs does speak to McGee’s father, or Abby, no THAT would be intresting.

Comment by lauren – March 19, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would be very surprised if Abby did NOT talk to the Admiral – assuming they are in the same building in the story. Her bond with McGee is incredibly strong and her feelings about family just as strong. Abby may take 300x more words to say what she wants to convey than Gibbs, but they both have a remarkably keen view of the world and its people.

Comment by the8tregirl – March 24, 2013 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sheridan is a good choice — he can play a hardass. And given Tim’s comment about his childhood being like “The Great Santini’, Tim had a lot to live up to (after that episode, I started picturing his father as looking like Robert John Burke, who’s made a good living playing rats like the IAB lieutenant on L&O SVU).

I just wish I could get a better look at his fruit salad and warfare badge — I can’t tell if it’s a surface warfare badge or submarine dolphins.

Comment by Kathy – March 25, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was excited reading this article, as McGee is my favorite one on the show. But, I was so disappointed when ALL of the pictures were of everybody else. Why write an article and NOT have a picture of the one who is being talked about. I was a fan of Jamey Sheridan when he was on Law and Order:CI. He will be good as a regular on NCIS.

Comment by Malreen Adams – March 26, 2013 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maureen, he’s only a guest star in this episode — he’s not part of the regular cast.

Comment by Kathy – March 26, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope McGee’s dad SUFFERS in his death – I know how bad cancer is – I was only stage 3, but the pain is excruciating…. anyone who can do what he did to McGee needs to SUFFER.

Comment by leiah – April 10, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post