What to Watch Tuesday: Hopes Smash'd? Body of Proof's Mob Hit, Lying Game Pauses and More

Smash - Season 1On TV this Tuesday: Body of Proof tries not to sleep with the fishes, Smash‘s Hit List takes a hit, Cougar Town engages in a new kind of retail therapy and The Taste and Lying Game take a break. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Hell’s Kitchen (Fox) | Two-hour Season 11 premiere: Twenty aspiring restaurateurs submit themselves for another season of Gordon Ramsay’s harassment and haranguing. Bon appetit! (Watch a preview video.)

8 pm Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) | Spencer seeks answers regarding Mona’s stay in Radley.

RELATED | TVLine’s May Sweeps Scorecard: Deaths, Weddings, Sex, Resurrections and More!

9 pm The Taste (ABC) | Season finale: The celebrity chefs reward one aspiring foodie with $100,000. (Not yet renewed.)

9 pm The Lying Game (ABC Family) | Midseason finale: Dan’s ultimatum to Ethan has heartbreaking results, and Emma confronts Rebecca about her lost childhood. (Watch a sneak peek.)

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

10 pm Body of Proof (ABC) | A New York mob boss (played by Michael Nouri, All My Children) is determined to kill whoever offed his son, so Megan & Co. have to work quickly to solve the case before the body count rises. Ray Wise (Twin Peaks) also guest-stars.

10 pm Golden Boy (CBS) | Now-permanent time slot: Clark threatens to expose Arroyo and McKenzie’s relationship.

10 pm Smash (NBC) | Hit List has a less-than-smooth premiere at the Fringe Festival, while Ivy’s last-ditch effort to save Liaisons has unexpected results.

10 pm Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan (BBC America) | Dom stalks the Guatemalan beaded lizard. (I know it’s one of the most dangerous/venomous animals on the planet, but I can’t stop picturing a bedazzled gecko.)

10 pm Justified (FX) | Now that Drew Thompson has slipped away from Raylan, Boyd and the Detroit mob, it’s a frantic race to find him.

10 pm Cougar Town (TBS) | Bobby has a fling with the girl of his dreams (played by Gillian Vigman, Suburgatory) while vacationing at a retail store.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

1. Liz says:

Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game, Smash, and Body of Proof.

2. Smash, can I just say that in addition to being enormously talented it appears that Megan Hilty is also one of those women who can have any hair color. I kind of hate her right now

3. Nicole says:

PLL
    LG finale I hope we finally figure out who killed Derek and Theresa.

4. Brandy says:

PLL,Lying Game,Smash

5. livvy says:

cougar town

• Jeff says:

Cougar Town has been on point all season long – this may be my favorite season. The move to TBS has been a great one, as they’ve been able to be a bit edgier with some of the jokes and they’ve been hilarious. Just a great, great show!

6. Justin says:

PLL and The Lying Game!

7. Hart says:

Mid-season finale? I supposed that tonight was technically the season finale of TLG

• Huckleberry says:

Yes, they keep saying midseason finale on tv too. Can you please, please, please find out what’s going on? It seems that there is a contingent of people who love this show.

8. Tran says:

Pretty Little Liars.

• Leo says:

Good taste, Tran.
      PLL for me and also Golden Boy. Love how they don’t waste any time creating a multi-episodes story arc and I’m confused as to why this is CBS because it’s definitely different from other procedurals who only have one multi-episode story arc through their 22ish episodes. (*cough*HFO*cough*BlueBloods*cough)

9. Kira says:

The Lying Game!!!!

10. Can NBC please move Smash to Thursday night and see if that helps the ratings rise, I doubt the voice will help since its not right before it, go on and the new normal are and I really dont see TNN growing which wont help Smash.

Anyways watching Pretty Little Liars(must watch each week), Lying Games(better come back for s2B), and Body of Proof( Hurry up DWTS, I need my strong ratings BOP back)

Dvring Smash & Bad Girls Club

11. Mel says:

Body of Proof, Smash, Face Off, Justified, Cougar Town

12. sarah says:

The Lying Game! Emma and Ethan better wnd up together but I suspect not.

13. Kim R says:

Can someone please remind me why they were all looking for Drew Thompson? I have somehow misplaced that little piece of info while watching everybody on Justified looking for him. :)

• Mel says:

I know, I’m a little fuzzy myself, but I think it has something to do with the ID found in that empty bag that was found in the wall of Arlo’s house, and the fact that Drew Thompson faked his death. I think the big question is: Why did he fake his death, what was originally in that bag, and of course which one of those old guys actually is Drew Thompson. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

• Kim R says:

Yes…I knew the ID in the wall part but I can’t remember why they cared about the ID in the wall. I need to read a recap or 2 and try to refresh my memory. :) The sheriff is Drew and now on the run since the last episode but why are we caring? :) hahaha

• Doug says:

Sheriff Bobby Singer is Drew Thompson, but at this point it’s just a MacGuffin. We don’t watch Justified for plotting. It’s all about characters, texture & justified shootings.

• Mel says:

I still have last week’s Justified on the DVR. My hubby and I just haven’t had an extra 42 minutes to watch it, so that’s a surprise to me (Bobby Singer HAHAHA! – love me some Supernatural!)

• ceejay says:

Good gawd,,,,, I hope Drew Thompson doesn’t turn out to be Raylan’s daddy!

• Whatever says:

Drew was a witness to something the mob boss up in Detroit did years ago.
        Murder would be the only thing that the statute of limitations hasn’t run out on.
        However Drew Thompsom aka Bobby needs to high tail it back to Supernatural.

14. Jade says:

The Lying Game!..i can’t wait to watch. I really hope ABCFAMILY announces a pickup soon because I would really hate for this to be the series finale.

15. Joe Petitjean says:

BOP NCIS The Taste

16. Jared says:

The Lying Game mid season finale is gonna be epic!

17. Shaun says:

Hells Kitchen and Smash.

18. Volcfom says:

It’s a shame more people aren’t watching The Taste. I feel like they rushed the last few rounds to get it off the air sooner. The concept and execution for the most part are excellent, but the show suffered from a mid-season premier. :( Maybe it could work as a summer show?

19. Norah says:

Body of Proof, baby! And then a little Cougar Town as a nightcap.

20. Andy says:

Golden Boy!

21. Ed says:

I watch both PLL and TLG, but I have to honestly say that recently I am counting down the hour during PLL until TLG comes on. I LOVE PLL but TLG has been soooo good this season. I hope we get a pick up announced soon :)

22. Josh says:

Pretty little Liars and the Lying Game!

23. Smash is one of those shows that if it was on another channel (i.e. Lifetime, HBO or the such) it would be considered a huge hit. I love the show. I find that when the focus on the musicals is when it is the best. PLEASE know that most of us have to tivo it and then watch it later (hence the unusual 50% rise in raising with DVR views.)

• rebecca says:

totally agree…I’m always torn between Smash and Body of Proof so one of them always gets TIVO and I wish that could factor into the ratings…I think Smash is excellent

• marta says:

nothing else like SMASH on tv — so one of my favorites!

24. Jo says:

PLL, TLG, and my beloved dying Smash.

25. Lexdy says:

Sign me up for Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game and Cougar Town!

26. Whatever says:

The Taste “not renewed yet” , they really need to let the Taste DIE. What a waste of Anthony Bourdain.

27. Matt says:

Never noticed what a baren wasteland Tuesday nights were until NCIS, NCIS:LA, and White Collar weren’t on. Looks like its a movie night.

28. Brandy says:

Love PLL, but it’s been a little dull as of late. Can’t wait to the finale of The Lying Game! Let’s get it trending tonight, and show ABC Family they need to renew!

29. Ashlyn says:

Bummed that I’m without my Tuesday night FOX comedies for a second week!

30. MelindaB says:

I’ll be watching Body of Proof and clear a few things from the DVR, while mourning the fact that Vegas isn’t on. This summer I hope to catch up on all 3 seasons of Justified so I can start watching it in real time next fall.

• ceejay says:

Love Vegas…..Golden Boy, not so much. They PROMISED Vegas would be back in two weeks. Liars!!! I hope Friday night is not the kiss of death for them.

• MelindaB says:

My only hope is that on Fridays, pairing it with Blue Bloods will be a good thing, and expectations will be lowered for ratings. I really want the show to return.

31. Tania says:

Will definitely be watching my new favorite, Golden Boy. Will also watch Justified and Smash.Too bad that New Girl and The Mindy Project isn’t on.

32. Elyse says:

Pretty Little Liars and Lying Game :)

33. Mimi says:

BoP and PLL! Loving both shows!

34. nick1372 says:

Hell’s Kitchen
    Off Their Rockers
    Cougar Town
    Body of Proof
    (What a weird combination)

35. LynnH says:

Golden Boy and the season premiere of World’s Worst Tenants on Spike.

36. Wow! Thank you! I always needed to write on my website something like that. Can I include a portion of your post to my blog%3