What to Watch Tuesday: Hopes Smash'd? Body of Proof's Mob Hit, Lying Game Pauses and More

Smash - Season 1On TV this Tuesday: Body of Proof tries not to sleep with the fishes, Smash‘s Hit List takes a hit, Cougar Town engages in a new kind of retail therapy and The Taste and Lying Game take a break. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Hell’s Kitchen (Fox) | Two-hour Season 11 premiere: Twenty aspiring restaurateurs submit themselves for another season of Gordon Ramsay’s harassment and haranguing. Bon appetit! (Watch a preview video.)

8 pm Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) | Spencer seeks answers regarding Mona’s stay in Radley.

RELATED | TVLine’s May Sweeps Scorecard: Deaths, Weddings, Sex, Resurrections and More!

9 pm The Taste (ABC) | Season finale: The celebrity chefs reward one aspiring foodie with $100,000. (Not yet renewed.)

9 pm The Lying Game (ABC Family) | Midseason finale: Dan’s ultimatum to Ethan has heartbreaking results, and Emma confronts Rebecca about her lost childhood. (Watch a sneak peek.)

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

10 pm Body of Proof (ABC) | A New York mob boss (played by Michael Nouri, All My Children) is determined to kill whoever offed his son, so Megan & Co. have to work quickly to solve the case before the body count rises. Ray Wise (Twin Peaks) also guest-stars.

10 pm Golden Boy (CBS) | Now-permanent time slot: Clark threatens to expose Arroyo and McKenzie’s relationship.

10 pm Smash (NBC) | Hit List has a less-than-smooth premiere at the Fringe Festival, while Ivy’s last-ditch effort to save Liaisons has unexpected results.

10 pm Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan (BBC America) | Dom stalks the Guatemalan beaded lizard. (I know it’s one of the most dangerous/venomous animals on the planet, but I can’t stop picturing a bedazzled gecko.)

10 pm Justified (FX) | Now that Drew Thompson has slipped away from Raylan, Boyd and the Detroit mob, it’s a frantic race to find him.

10 pm Cougar Town (TBS) | Bobby has a fling with the girl of his dreams (played by Gillian Vigman, Suburgatory) while vacationing at a retail store.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (58)

• Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game, Smash, and Body of Proof.

Comment by Liz – March 12, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smash, can I just say that in addition to being enormously talented it appears that Megan Hilty is also one of those women who can have any hair color. I kind of hate her right now

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – March 12, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLL
    LG finale I hope we finally figure out who killed Derek and Theresa.

Comment by Nicole – March 12, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLL,Lying Game,Smash

Comment by Brandy – March 12, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cougar town

Comment by livvy – March 12, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cougar Town has been on point all season long – this may be my favorite season. The move to TBS has been a great one, as they’ve been able to be a bit edgier with some of the jokes and they’ve been hilarious. Just a great, great show!

Comment by Jeff – March 12, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLL and The Lying Game!

Comment by Justin – March 12, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mid-season finale? I supposed that tonight was technically the season finale of TLG

Comment by Hart – March 12, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, they keep saying midseason finale on tv too. Can you please, please, please find out what’s going on? It seems that there is a contingent of people who love this show.

Comment by Huckleberry – March 12, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They come back in the summer. That’s why it’s mid-season. Same with Switched at Birth.

Comment by Care – March 12, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty Little Liars.

Comment by Tran – March 12, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good taste, Tran.
      PLL for me and also Golden Boy. Love how they don’t waste any time creating a multi-episodes story arc and I’m confused as to why this is CBS because it’s definitely different from other procedurals who only have one multi-episode story arc through their 22ish episodes. (*cough*HFO*cough*BlueBloods*cough)

Comment by Leo – March 12, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Lying Game!!!!

Comment by Kira – March 12, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can NBC please move Smash to Thursday night and see if that helps the ratings rise, I doubt the voice will help since its not right before it, go on and the new normal are and I really dont see TNN growing which wont help Smash.

Anyways watching Pretty Little Liars(must watch each week), Lying Games(better come back for s2B), and Body of Proof( Hurry up DWTS, I need my strong ratings BOP back)

Dvring Smash & Bad Girls Club

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – March 12, 2013 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thursday would be bad for it.

Comment by Shaun – March 12, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can NBS move Smash so that it can get crushed in the ratings and be cancelled once and for all?

Comment by B – March 12, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So to hell for those who DO like Smash. They should just do without because B doesn’t and wants to see it cancelled. How selfish of you B. BTW, I never heard of NBS.

Comment by Tania – March 12, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lol! “NBS” The child of NBC and CBS…?

Comment by Chelisa – March 12, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Body of Proof, Smash, Face Off, Justified, Cougar Town

Comment by Mel – March 12, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Lying Game! Emma and Ethan better wnd up together but I suspect not.

Comment by sarah – March 12, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can someone please remind me why they were all looking for Drew Thompson? I have somehow misplaced that little piece of info while watching everybody on Justified looking for him. :)

Comment by Kim R – March 12, 2013 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, I’m a little fuzzy myself, but I think it has something to do with the ID found in that empty bag that was found in the wall of Arlo’s house, and the fact that Drew Thompson faked his death. I think the big question is: Why did he fake his death, what was originally in that bag, and of course which one of those old guys actually is Drew Thompson. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment by Mel – March 12, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes…I knew the ID in the wall part but I can’t remember why they cared about the ID in the wall. I need to read a recap or 2 and try to refresh my memory. :) The sheriff is Drew and now on the run since the last episode but why are we caring? :) hahaha

Comment by Kim R – March 12, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sheriff Bobby Singer is Drew Thompson, but at this point it’s just a MacGuffin. We don’t watch Justified for plotting. It’s all about characters, texture & justified shootings.

Comment by Doug – March 12, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I still have last week’s Justified on the DVR. My hubby and I just haven’t had an extra 42 minutes to watch it, so that’s a surprise to me (Bobby Singer HAHAHA! – love me some Supernatural!)

Comment by Mel – March 12, 2013 10:54 AM PDT
        • Good gawd,,,,, I hope Drew Thompson doesn’t turn out to be Raylan’s daddy!

Comment by ceejay – March 12, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Drew was a witness to something the mob boss up in Detroit did years ago.
        Murder would be the only thing that the statute of limitations hasn’t run out on.
        However Drew Thompsom aka Bobby needs to high tail it back to Supernatural.

Comment by Whatever – March 12, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Whatever thanks for the update, and YES! I so agree. I miss Bobby probably as much as Sam and Dean!

Comment by Mel – March 12, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you! :)

Comment by Kim R – March 12, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Lying Game!..i can’t wait to watch. I really hope ABCFAMILY announces a pickup soon because I would really hate for this to be the series finale.

Comment by Jade – March 12, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOP NCIS The Taste

Comment by Joe Petitjean – March 12, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Lying Game mid season finale is gonna be epic!

Comment by Jared – March 12, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hells Kitchen and Smash.

Comment by Shaun – March 12, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a shame more people aren’t watching The Taste. I feel like they rushed the last few rounds to get it off the air sooner. The concept and execution for the most part are excellent, but the show suffered from a mid-season premier. :( Maybe it could work as a summer show?

Comment by Volcfom – March 12, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Body of Proof, baby! And then a little Cougar Town as a nightcap.

Comment by Norah – March 12, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Golden Boy!

Comment by Andy – March 12, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch both PLL and TLG, but I have to honestly say that recently I am counting down the hour during PLL until TLG comes on. I LOVE PLL but TLG has been soooo good this season. I hope we get a pick up announced soon :)

Comment by Ed – March 12, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty little Liars and the Lying Game!

Comment by Josh – March 12, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smash is one of those shows that if it was on another channel (i.e. Lifetime, HBO or the such) it would be considered a huge hit. I love the show. I find that when the focus on the musicals is when it is the best. PLEASE know that most of us have to tivo it and then watch it later (hence the unusual 50% rise in raising with DVR views.)

Comment by Jon Rybka-Wachhaus – March 12, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally agree…I’m always torn between Smash and Body of Proof so one of them always gets TIVO and I wish that could factor into the ratings…I think Smash is excellent

Comment by rebecca – March 12, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nothing else like SMASH on tv — so one of my favorites!

Comment by marta – March 12, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLL, TLG, and my beloved dying Smash.

Comment by Jo – March 12, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sign me up for Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game and Cougar Town!

Comment by Lexdy – March 12, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Taste “not renewed yet” , they really need to let the Taste DIE. What a waste of Anthony Bourdain.

Comment by Whatever – March 12, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never noticed what a baren wasteland Tuesday nights were until NCIS, NCIS:LA, and White Collar weren’t on. Looks like its a movie night.

Comment by Matt – March 12, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NCIS is the very definition of barren wasteland. Every week a stupid crime solved in 42 minutes by generic characters.

Comment by Jo – March 12, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You do know they dont actually solve the crimes in 42 minutes, right?

Comment by D – March 12, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love PLL, but it’s been a little dull as of late. Can’t wait to the finale of The Lying Game! Let’s get it trending tonight, and show ABC Family they need to renew!

Comment by Brandy – March 12, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummed that I’m without my Tuesday night FOX comedies for a second week!

Comment by Ashlyn – March 12, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching Body of Proof and clear a few things from the DVR, while mourning the fact that Vegas isn’t on. This summer I hope to catch up on all 3 seasons of Justified so I can start watching it in real time next fall.

Comment by MelindaB – March 12, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Vegas…..Golden Boy, not so much. They PROMISED Vegas would be back in two weeks. Liars!!! I hope Friday night is not the kiss of death for them.

Comment by ceejay – March 12, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My only hope is that on Fridays, pairing it with Blue Bloods will be a good thing, and expectations will be lowered for ratings. I really want the show to return.

Comment by MelindaB – March 12, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will definitely be watching my new favorite, Golden Boy. Will also watch Justified and Smash.Too bad that New Girl and The Mindy Project isn’t on.

Comment by Tania – March 12, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty Little Liars and Lying Game :)

Comment by Elyse – March 12, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BoP and PLL! Loving both shows!

Comment by Mimi – March 12, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell’s Kitchen
    Off Their Rockers
    Cougar Town
    Body of Proof
    (What a weird combination)

Comment by nick1372 – March 12, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Golden Boy and the season premiere of World’s Worst Tenants on Spike.

Comment by LynnH – March 12, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! Thank you! I always needed to write on my website something like that. Can I include a portion of your post to my blog%3

Comment by brazzers account generator – March 19, 2013 12:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post