Ratings: Bachelor Finale Rises and Tops Night, Biggest Loser Hits Low, Deception Ticks Up

Ratings Biggest Loser Season LowThe Bachelor finale dominated Monday night’s ratings with a total audience of 10 million viewers and a 3.3 demo rating, up sharly week-to-week and improving on Bachelor Ben’s year-ago closer by 8 and 14 percent.

Leading out of that, the After the Final Rose post mortem rose to 11 mil/3.8.

RELATED | Bachelor‘s Sean Lowe (and His Abs) Join Dancing With the Stars: Can They Restore the Struggling ABC Show’s Ratings Muscle?

Versus the Bachelor’s finale, The Biggest Loser dropped 7 and 14 percent to season lows of 5.6 mil/1.9. NBC’s Deception (3.33 mil/1.2), however, ticked up a tenth.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

Airing out of a Bones rerun, The Following (8 mil/2.6) was down just 9 percent and two tenths.

RELATED | The Following Recap: Bros Before Poe

The CW’s The Carrie Diaries was flat at 1.11 mil/0.4, while 90210 683K/0.2 ticked down a tenth.

CBS’ Rules of Engagement (7 mil/2.0) dipped two tenths to a season low.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Ann VerWiebe says:

Everyone was live tweeting the Bachelor. When I typed in a hashtag for Biggest Loser, it didn’t look like one had even been established. Draw your own conclusions.

2. a says:

Deception is still on? I haven’t seen a commercial for it since it premiered.

• Leo says:

By this time, it’s useless to air a commercial. The story is already wrapping up and the chance of it grabbing new viewers is really low. It’s always like this when this kind of show is on, like Ringer, if you’re not a viewer from start, it’s rarely you suddenly pop up near the finale.
      Still, Deception is a very smart show and Liz Herdens should totally write a new show, I love this mini-series whodunit mystery thingy.

• Nunaya_Bidness says:

I’m getting more and more intrigued with Deception. Just when you think you have it all figured out there’s another twist. Too bad a renewal is looking bleak. I just hope they don’t leave any story lines hanging since they added a couple more twists last night.

• Moria says:

Right? Every time I see a headline like this I think “Deception is still on?”

3. mike says:

where Dallas ratings

4. Tammy says:

I watched Biggest Loser but there was nothing on tv last night….. a new episode of The Following, that’s it.

5. Jared says:

If The Carrie Diaries continues to stay in the 0.4 demo I dont see how the CW would justify keeping it around another season. Its ashame because it’s a cute show but considering that it premiered mid season,it would have had to be a hit straight out the gate and clearly that’s not the case.

6. Tran says:

Really hope this is the beginning of the end for Deception after next week’s season or series finale and the jury’s still out on Rules of Engagement if the sitcom ends after seven seasons and only 13 days left before the return of my favorite new show of the season, REVOLUTION.

7. Boiler says:

Nice of the other networks to help ABC out and air mostly reruns!! Too bad

8. Dave says:

Embarrassing that so many people watch crap like The Biggest Loser and The Bachelor. Scripted shows don’t have a chance with all of this “reality” crap. And now more Dancing With The Has Beens? It’s the dumbing of America.

9. Len says:

Can 90210 hit a 0.1 before the end of the season/series?

10. The only reason why I didn’t look at the Biggest Loser last night was because I was afraid that Dannielle was the who was going to head home

11. Tommy says:

I really like Deception. From everything I’ve read online it seems that everyone thinks it will be a one and done type of show but I hope this is not the case. NBC didn’t pull it after two episodes like Do No Harm. I’m hoping that the fact that NBC is letting the whole season/series play out is a small sign that they are still on the fence about renewing it for another season.

• ChrisGa says:

Not holding my breath about a renewal but it’s too bad because the show is very good; the writing is pretty smart for a soap and the acting is fantastic. Considering NBC has very little else to bank on beyond the Voice and Revolution I’d love to see them give it another 10 or 12 episode order.

12. Tee says:

That’s too bad re: Biggest Loser. I just started watching two seasons ago, quit in the middle of last season because I found them all so annoying and terrible. The only reason I tried again this season is because I knew a girl that tried out for the show and all the casting info she was posting on FB made it seem like they were looking for more interesting/likeable people, instead of just “reality show” personalities. There have been few people I’ve disliked this season and seeing the children is sweet – I was hoping the improvements reflected in the ratings!

13. JKR says:

For the longest time I avoided watching The Biggest Loser, but I turned it on this year. I have to say, compared to all the other reality crap, this show is good. I’ve actually liked the cast on this show. I was bit surprised at the 2 who made the finals. I was only annoyed by Gina… Team Danni all the way!

14. Mekisha Hale says:

I’m becoming more and more into the “NBC’s ‘Deception’ with Megan Good. This is a show at the beginning I thought that the show was going to be boring,but sometimes you just know when a show isn’t going to be bad but how it turns out to be instead. I was surprised mostly by the changing characters on the show. From the first episode to the next episode after that and since then. This show has become something that NBC should have some hope in for generating enough of a audience to think about keeping this show as a main staple for Monday Night Prime Time. This is rare show with something that does look sort of like other shows but there’s something that is quite different then the other shows. Last night episode really made me think how amazing and how quickly things started really picking up going towards the show and the end.
    Hey! It’s watchable it’s not that bad of a show that it would be something I would take the time on a Monday Night which is rare and watch a good old fashion DRAMA with lot of twist and turns.