Pilot News: Kristen Schaal Replaces Mandy Moore on ABC's Pulling Comedy

Pilot News Kristen Schaal Replaces Mandy MooreBob’s Burgers vet and erstwhile 30 Rock scene-stealer Kristen Schaal has joined ABC’s pilot adaptation of the BBC comedy Pulling, our sister site Deadline reports, filling the void left when Mandy Moore and the project mutually parted ways.

RELATED | Pilots 2013: Your Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers and Who’s Starring In Them

As such, the lead cast is now complete, with Schaal (in the role of man-hungry Louise) joining June Diane Raphael (NTSF:SD:SUV) and Jenny Slate (Saturday Night Live) in the single-camera comedy about three dysfunctional women in their 30s living their lives the way they want, even if society tells them they should have it all figured out by this point.

Moore was originally cast as Louise back in February, but last week the actress exited the project, saying that as writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky “moved the character in a different direction, it was clear this wasn’t right for me.”

1. Sam says:

I love Jenny Slate and Kristen Schaal. Here’s hoping this is good!

2. Brandon says:

Wow, I guess they moved the character in a VERY different direction. I love Jenny Slate, so I may be interested in this. Schaal kind of annoys me though (or maybe it was just her 30 Rock character).

3. JASon says:

Alright! At least they got a hot chick in there now!!!

4. Steven says:

I love how her name is going to be Louise in this. Same as in Bob’s Burgers. She’s hilarious in that.

5. Teag says:

Her voice is so effing annoying.

6. I think Kristen Schaal is great! Hopefully the show will be good. :)

7. Britta Unfiltered says:

This show does intrigue me now. Kristen Schaal is very talented and very funny. Does she still do those feminist reports for the Daily Show? I can’t recall the last time I saw her on there.

8. Sg. Grant says:

Replace a hot chick with someone who isn’t attractive and also has a very annoying voice… pass.

9. Miffy says:

Oh God. Ugly and annoying, with a voice that could shatter glass.

10. Lisa says:

THEY REPLACED MANDY MOORE WITH HER?!?!!?!? whaaaaaaaa

11. Leah says:

Yay! She’s great. I’m actually interested in this pilot.

12. CJ says:

Who’s got two thumbs and definitely wouldn’t watch this show now? This moi.

13. SJ says:

Schaal, Raphael and Slate all have ZERO name recognition, and I actually like the latter two. Schaal I hate for putting a damp on what was a perfectly good season of 30 Rock. She’s annoying and really unfunny, I don’t know how she keeps getting cast. Anyway, hoping ABC passes on this. It’s got failure written all over it.

14. Please forgive me for being so blunt, but I'm just puzzled says:

I used to watch 30 Rock week-in, week-out, never missed an episode. Then they brought in Kristen Schaal last season 2011-12, and I stopped watching 30 Rock cold. I’m sure she is a nice person, a good comedic actress, but for those who believe she is just the best, please take a moment to watch her work on 30 Rock – *she was unwatchable*. I’m sorry. She reminds me of Amy Ryan – both don’t appear comfortable in front of a television camera. The camera loves some actors, and others it doesn’t. Life isn’t fair. Good luck to the producers of this pilot .

15. cjeffery7 says:

what a fantastic trio of women! i am DEFINITELY looking forward to it!

16. ES says:

Kristen Schaal is great and it’s not her fault her character in 30 Rock was pretty useless. I’m surprised there is no mention here that she was in Flight of the Conchords.

17. Summer says:

I wonder what the character was like before the change, because Mandy Moore and Kristen Schaal are two VERY different kinds of actress. I like both actresses a lot – for very different reasons – but wow.

18. Jay says:

Sounds more promising. Don’t know why they would cast a non-comedic actress in a comedy to begin with.

19. John Moshier says:

Ive seen the english version it would better on cable

20. Spencer says:

I think she’s hilarious, whereas Mandy Moore (while gorgeous) can’t act her way out of a paper bag. Now I’m actually intrigued.

21. Mimi says: