Ratings: TNT's Dallas Corrals Season-High Audience for J.R. Ewing's Swan Song

Get More: Ratings

Dallas J.R. Ewing Funeral RatingsMonday’s farewell to J.R. Ewing gave TNT’s Dallas a shot in the arm ratings-wise.

The emotional hour drew 3.6 million viewers, a 28 percent boost over last week’s episode and the show’s largest audience of the season.

RELATED | Dallas Post Mortem: Get Scoop on the Shocking [Spoiler] Reveal!

In the target demos, the episode corralled 1.4 million adults 25-54 (up 26% vs. last week) and 1.1 million adults 18-49 (up 23%).

The impressive numbers are nonetheless a far cry from the nearly 7 million who tuned in for Dallas‘ premiere last summer.

TNT has yet to make a decision on renewing Dallas for a third season.

Comments (88)

• Please renew dallas!! My family watches it together and we only watch this show out of all of the shows that are aired in today’s day and age! This is a fantastic show and there’s nothing I would like more than to know there is another season coming next January! Thank you!

Comment by jeffgreen777 – April 15, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE RENEW!!

Comment by Todd – April 15, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please please renew Dallas it is the best show on TV right now……

Comment by Dallas fan big time – April 15, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best show on TV. It must be renewed. The story lines and writers are amazing.

Comment by Herb – April 15, 2013 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am 29 and my wife is 27. We have seen every episode of the original series of Dallas,all the movies, and the new Dallas. The new series writers and cast are spot on in continuing with the original series twists, turns, and and cliff hangers.

Comment by Brad – April 16, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dallas fans want a Season 3!!!!!!

Comment by Lisa – April 17, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best acting ever! People are sick of reality tv! There’s a new generation of Dallas fans on board!!

Comment by Lisa – April 17, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just watched the two hour finale and the acting and plot lines were getting even better towards the end of the season. I am 61 and was a huge fan of the original series. I find this show to be better written and acted than any other series on TV right now. It would be a shame for it not to be renewed. Dallas is TNT’s best shot at competing with the major networks in my opinion.

Comment by Steve – April 17, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dallas and Monday Mornings are two of the best shows on Monday night. I loved the season finale on Dallas and I can’t believe TNT would cancel it. I watched Dallas in the 80′s, loved it and I love the new generation of Dallas. TNT have a season 3. After that finale there has to be another season. 2.5 million viewers agree for a season 3 and I am one of them. Listen to the viewers.

Comment by Mary Conner – April 17, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is the best on television. I watched the original Dallas and I loved this one as much. I think they have written a great story line and need to continue. I think it should run in the summer. I hate most other shows on television and do commit to watching this particular show. Please renew. Great cast.

Comment by Roxanne Edsall – April 18, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am an avid fan. Love the show. Keep renewing it.

Comment by barbara cohen – April 18, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t cancel Dallas! I was a little girl when the original series aired 20 + years ago, but by mom was a huge fan. Now that I am old enough to understand the family saga, I am completely addicted!! I will not know what to do with myself if the show is cancelled. There is so much junk on tv nowadays. Finally a show that has some depth; and you mean to tell us it is threatened to be cancelled! DON’T DO It. Do whatever it takes to bring it back for a 3rd season and many more to come!!!

Comment by Stephanie Antrum – April 21, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post