View Boss Barbara Walters Denies Hasselbeck 'False' Departure Buzz, Insists 'We Love Elisabeth'

viewElisabeth Hasselbeck will not be joining Joy Behar out the exit door at The View.

Exec producer and co-host Barbara Walters denied the widely-circulated report at the top of Monday’s show.

CHEAT SHEET | May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

“There is a particularly false story that keeps getting picked up about Elisabeth’s alleged departure, saying we don’t approve of her conservative views,” said Walters. “The truth is, we love Elisabeth [and] we value and appreciate her point of view. She helps give this show perspective and balance… We have no plans for Elisabeth to leave this show.”

Walter’s, meanwhile, called Behar’s decision to leave the long-running ABC gabfest this summer “bittersweet,” noting, “Joy and I started this show together.”

Behar went on to cheekily count down her top 10 reasons for quitting her day job. Our two faves: “ABC won’t let me drink on the air like Hoda and Kathie Lee,” and “The contact high from sitting next to Whoopi is giving me the munchies.”

Thoughts? Are you relieved or disappointed that Elisabeth is staying put? Cast your vote in the comments below!

1. qj201 says:

Clearly Barbara loves Elizabeth…that’s why she has a job…since no one else does and that the only other job Hasselbeck is qualified for is “TV Hostess on some HGTV show” or “Faux News Blond Parrot.”

2. And here I was getting excited for next season.

3. PutAForkInIt says:

She’ll still leave.
    They’re just trying to soften the mass exodus.
    Next up: Babs will announce her retirement.

• Robbieann says:

Totally agree–Barbara tried to skate around the whole thing with her–We want our ladies to do what is best for them blah, blah, blah. Barbara is a real media veteran, she knows how to work the viewers!

• rowan77 says:

That’s exactly what I thought. Watch, come this summer, Elizabeth will announce her plans to “move on.”

Say what you want about Barbara Walters, she does try to protect her employees from scandal as much as possible.

4. Bobbi says:

Thrilled with the news that Joy IS leaving and Elisabeth ISN’T!

5. Jerri says:

Too bad it’s not leaving. I was excited to watch the show again.

6. Cassie says:

I stopped watching The View years ago because of Elizabeth, but I tuned in today hoping to hear Barbara announce Elizabeth’s departure. Since I haven’t seen the show in ages, I’m not sure if they always appear this way, but I thought it looked as if Barbara and Elizabeth had been crying before the show and Elizabeth seemed uncharacteristically quiet during the announcement. Unfortunately, that didn’t last long and I turned off the show when Elizabeth began one of her shrill, annoying rants.

7. mskassie says:

Happy to hear that Elisabeth Hasselbeck is staying. I wrote the network this morning and this is good news.

8. Counter Pointe says:

Its funny here I thought Libtards were the Party of acceptance and understanding. I guess that is not true, it would appear everybody likes to hear there own opinion. I despise Joy’s point of view and thought she was overly mean to Elisabeth’s view point, but a show like this works well with catty banter if they all share the view that Obama is royalty then it would be boring.

• big cheddar says:

As a liberal, I was actually saddened to hear that Elisabeth was going to be ousted because of her views. If they do ever replace her, I hope it’s with another conservative woman. The show needs that balance.

• Shari says:

your complaints are pretty hypocritical considering your comment – “libtards”?? SERIOUSLY??

I’m a “libtard” too but think it would be a shame for them to get rid of Elisabeth because of her views. Although they can certainly find more intelligent, articulate, less-shrill conservative commentators who would do a better job for the cause than Hasselbeck

• Chicago Dan says:

Shari: You and Big Cheddar are the exception. Just look at the comments here and when the rumor was announced – the vast majority criticized her “conservative views.” While I don’t watch the show, news talk shows are best served with a variety of points of view – it makes for better conservation and, of course, entertainment.

• BTM says:

Apparently I’m another exception. I don’t like the idea of any competent person being fired for political views, either way.

I suspect most of us are more moderate than the other side generally realizes.

• Temperence says:

it’s funny here, I didn’t think that anyone that uses the word “libtards” was worth the oxygen they consume in a day. *shrugs* Then you proved it.

• xguestx says:

you want people to be accepting and understanding of your intolerance? huh???

I’m all for “live and let live,” but not for the guy who’s got a knife to my throat

9. Zoe says:

And here I thought “The View” might actually be watchable again.

10. Sissy Spaceheater says:

I would fall on the sword and let Lizzy move in with me if they promoised to fire sherri. she brings down the national iq daily.

• Shari says:

She is not an intelligent woman at all, I agree. I cringe at how inarticulate and simple minded she is. But she’s sweet and means well, I’d like her to stay.

11. TV Gord says:

I would never stop watching a show simply because I disagreed with one of the “views” of one of the co-hosts. How narrow-minded can you be? I want to hear as many sides of an issue as possible. I cannot understand why some people seem so afraid of a differing viewpoint.

• Renee says:

It’s so sad to me how people ridicule, attack and completely disrespect/discredit anyone who doesn’t agree with them. So few people are willing to politely disagree/debate now. This country is made up of a Heinz 57 of races, religions etc. Showing respect for another human being even if you don’t agree with them should be the norm not the exception.

• TV Gord says:

“Like”. No. “Love”.

• dee dee says:

That’s why a lot of people don’t like Elizabeth and some of the new breed of conservatives. Because of THEIR intolerance. Being tolerant of hateful bigots isn’t a good thing. You can’t have a civil conversation with people who name call and lie. I think it’s telling that the majority of people who consider themselves ‘liberal” have a variety of opinions on different issues where as those who are “conservative” tend to think very similarly or they get ousted by the rest. Look at how any republican who differs even slightly from the party line gets discredited within their own party. (The whole Chris Chrystie thing, eg.)

• Renee says:

You don’t base your behavior on how someone else acts. You choose your behavior and responses based on who YOU ARE not on who THEY ARE. Otherwise you are only REacting not actually being yourself.

And you can always have a civil conversation. Maybe their side isn’t civil, but your side can always be civil.

• TV Gord says:

You don’t think people on the left are equally as ostracizing to people who don’t tow their precise party line, too? Try to be a liberal who, say, opposes abortion, or who doesn’t favor gay marriage. They are name-called into silence most of the time. There is plenty of intolerance on both sides of the political extremes.

• TV Gord says:

By the way, Elisabeth (and THAT’s how her name is spelled) does support gay marriage, and I don’t hear her being slammed by her friends on the right because of it.

12. Billy says:

Now the speculation on who’s replacing Joy begins …I would love it if they would hire a moderate republican (along the lines of Meghan McCain) to make it a more balanced conversation and so Elisabeth wont be all alone alone on the show trying to yell over everyone to get a second point of view in lol…but Ive read Brooke Shields is the front runner, but I don’t see how that will work since she is on Army Wives (which films in Georgia)

• TV Gord says:

Don’t believe everything you read. Brooke has only been mentioned as a front-runner, because she was one of the most recent fill-in co-hosts. People (“journalists”) are wildly making up stories, based on nothing but pure speculation. Too many entertainment websites these days will just print any fabrications to get you to click on their stories.

• dee dee says:

The problem with Elizabeth “yelling” over everyone to get heard? The fact that she doesn’t have to. She voices her opinion a LOT. She gets heard plenty. She just likes to act like she doesn’t, like she’s so put upon by the others when i bet if someone counted, she gets the most airtime. And that’s whether she’s speaking coherently or not. She also doesn’t know how to listen as her comments are always what she had decided them to be from the start. It’s not an actual conversation if there is no back and forth. I

13. Molly Paine says:

Would love to see another conservative woman on the show instead of Elizabeth.
    Don’t know why Barbara and Bill can’t see how she is so phony in her praise
    of both of them. Other women can see through her act in a minute.
    Great having conservative viewpoint, from a woman like Meghan McCain.
    She has brains, as well as a sincere character and able to get her point across
    without the annoying attitude of know it all Elizabeth Hasselbeck.

14. alex taylor says:

a double exit seemed improbable despite the recent press claims; that kind of change could prove unsettling and conunterproductive. while elizabeth is, to be sure, shrill, her point of view is needed to balance the liberal democratic panel and to secure the demographic that appreciates her. joy will be missed……she’s been a relevant part of the show……..but as one report said, watch for her to pop up on CNN as part of that sagging network’s Zucker led renovation. I wish her well while at the same time wishing barbara good luck in her search for a fresh, new, viable replacement.

15. MC Maine says:

The real problem with The View is that all of the women talk over each other constantly, raise their voices until it’s just one big screech. Who knows if anybody is saying anything worth hearing, because it’s not as if you can figure out what they’re saying when they’re all talking at once. The show has been unwatchable for years and it’s not because of any particular one of the hosts.

16. Kusum Kumari says:

Buy / Sell all items at world’s largest 2nd Hand shop bechdaal.com with 100% delivery guarantee.