Pilot Scoop: Cold Case's Kathryn Morris Returns to CBS in Surgeon General Drama

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Kathryn Morris Surgeon General Pilot CBSCold Case‘s Kathryn Morris is eyeing a CBS comeback as the female lead in the network’s Surgeon General pilot, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Your Guide This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers, and Who’s In Them

The project, written and produced by Lie to Me creator Samuel Baum, revolves around “America’s doctor” (as portrayed by Awake‘s Jason Isaacs).

Morris, whose seven-season run as Cold Case detective Lilly Rush came to a close in 2010, will play Lydia, the SG’s Chief of Staff.

The cast also includes Disney Channel staple Katherine McNamara (as the SG’s daughter) and Leverage‘s Beth Riesgraf (as microorganisms expert Dr. Page Wyatt).

Comments (19)

• I miss cold case. That show made me cry EVERY TIME

Comment by Clari – March 11, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ikr? They also always had great music

Comment by Emily – March 11, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been trying to see KM in SOMETHING since Cold Case. That day has finally come!

Comment by Melinda – March 11, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a fan of hers but I always think something is weird with her hair.

Comment by D'Arcy – March 11, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think she just has REALLY fine hair, so the styling is kind of difficult…she’d probably look great with a pixie, she has a beautiful face with very intricate features.

Comment by Kate'shomesick – March 11, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Kathryn Morris comes back to TV if it gets picked up as a series for CBS. Really missed COLD CASE after it ended in 2010 and the series was created by Meredith Stiehm before she became one of the writers and producers of Showtime’s award winning series HOMELAND.

Comment by Tran – March 11, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Crap, with that cast, now I’d HAVE to check it out…. lol

Comment by scg10 – March 11, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha! I know. I said the exact same thing when I read this headline

Comment by James – March 12, 2013 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay, Lil’s coming back to TV! I watch Danny Pino on SVU, but I was hoping she’d get a show as well. With her AND Jason Isaacs, I hope the pilot gets picked up and we get a chance to check it out.

Comment by Linda F – March 11, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be great to have Kathryn back on TV each week, my family liked her and Cold Case very much. We were happy when Danny Pino landed on SVU too.

Comment by Nancy – March 11, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Kathryn! I hope this gets picked up.
    She was amazing in Cold Case, so happy for her!

Comment by Kaycee – March 11, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I use to love Cold Case until she got her lips done. She was too hard to look at.

Comment by bigdede – March 11, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like CBS loyalty to their leading ladies,
    First with Poppy Montgomery and now with Kathryn, I’ll still be able to see my favourites! (please pick this up!)

Comment by Kaycee – March 11, 2013 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CBS’s loyalty to their leading ladies? Please. While I’m pleased as punch that Poppy and Kathryn are being given new chances to shine, let us not so soon forget the whole Criminal Minds fiasco of three seasons back. The almighty dollar always comes first.

Comment by keja – March 11, 2013 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That was a horrible fiasco. At least they listened to the fans though.

Comment by Melinda – March 13, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whew she is hot.

Comment by Teag – March 11, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once again we in Windsor Locks, CT, express our pride in one of our favorite graduates….Yeah, Kathryn Morris

Comment by Linda Schmaelzle – March 12, 2013 01:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She did one of those silly movies on Hallmark. Typically ridiculous, but it was fun to see her in a comedy.

Comment by Lori – March 12, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eep! -excited fistpump- About time she was back on my TV!

Comment by Zoe – March 14, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post