Pilot Scoop: Cold Case's Kathryn Morris Returns to CBS in Surgeon General Drama

Kathryn Morris Surgeon General Pilot CBSCold Case‘s Kathryn Morris is eyeing a CBS comeback as the female lead in the network’s Surgeon General pilot, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Your Guide This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers, and Who’s In Them

The project, written and produced by Lie to Me creator Samuel Baum, revolves around “America’s doctor” (as portrayed by Awake‘s Jason Isaacs).

Morris, whose seven-season run as Cold Case detective Lilly Rush came to a close in 2010, will play Lydia, the SG’s Chief of Staff.

The cast also includes Disney Channel staple Katherine McNamara (as the SG’s daughter) and Leverage‘s Beth Riesgraf (as microorganisms expert Dr. Page Wyatt).

1. Clari says:

I miss cold case. That show made me cry EVERY TIME

2. Melinda says:

I’ve been trying to see KM in SOMETHING since Cold Case. That day has finally come!

3. D'Arcy says:

I’m a fan of hers but I always think something is weird with her hair.

• Kate'shomesick says:

I think she just has REALLY fine hair, so the styling is kind of difficult…she’d probably look great with a pixie, she has a beautiful face with very intricate features.

4. Tran says:

I hope Kathryn Morris comes back to TV if it gets picked up as a series for CBS. Really missed COLD CASE after it ended in 2010 and the series was created by Meredith Stiehm before she became one of the writers and producers of Showtime’s award winning series HOMELAND.

5. scg10 says:

Crap, with that cast, now I’d HAVE to check it out…. lol

6. Linda F says:

Yay, Lil’s coming back to TV! I watch Danny Pino on SVU, but I was hoping she’d get a show as well. With her AND Jason Isaacs, I hope the pilot gets picked up and we get a chance to check it out.

7. Nancy says:

It would be great to have Kathryn back on TV each week, my family liked her and Cold Case very much. We were happy when Danny Pino landed on SVU too.

8. Kaycee says:

I love Kathryn! I hope this gets picked up.
    She was amazing in Cold Case, so happy for her!

9. bigdede says:

I use to love Cold Case until she got her lips done. She was too hard to look at.

10. Kaycee says:

I really like CBS loyalty to their leading ladies,
    First with Poppy Montgomery and now with Kathryn, I’ll still be able to see my favourites! (please pick this up!)

• keja says:

CBS’s loyalty to their leading ladies? Please. While I’m pleased as punch that Poppy and Kathryn are being given new chances to shine, let us not so soon forget the whole Criminal Minds fiasco of three seasons back. The almighty dollar always comes first.

11. Teag says:

Whew she is hot.

12. Linda Schmaelzle says:

Once again we in Windsor Locks, CT, express our pride in one of our favorite graduates….Yeah, Kathryn Morris

13. Lori says:

She did one of those silly movies on Hallmark. Typically ridiculous, but it was fun to see her in a comedy.

14. Zoe says:

Eep! -excited fistpump- About time she was back on my TV!

15. holyghostchristine holyghostmorales says:

Love see days years cold case blesses life years worlds
    Office blessings Holyghost Jesus worlds tests a+100+
    Schools++100+ classroom study book homework Sunday
    Church worlds 2015 years church Holyghost worlds state city Yonkers +100 schools years days TV see Office persons years yonkers NY city worlds state love love see cold case years