The Bachelor Season Finale: Sean Picks [Spoiler]!

Get More: Finales, Reality TV, Recaps

the-bachelor-season-lowe-abc-winnerWarning: If you haven’t yet watched The Bachelor season finale, stop reading here. The rest of you, carry on!

We have a winner! If, of course, your idea of “winning” involves getting a marriage proposal from a life-sized Ken Doll whose shoulder is still damp from the tears of a second woman he just flung to the curb to clear your path to the altar.

At the end of The Bachelor‘s two-hour season finale — or, depending on how you look at things, the start of the one-hour “After the Final Rose” special — Sean Lowe got down on bended knee, slipped a whopper of a diamond (courtesy of Neil Lane, naturally) onto Catherine Giudici’s finger, and asked her to be his bride. And she said yes! “Every time we have to say goodbye, I miss you” said Sean, in typical Bachelor-finale-fakeout fashion. “I don’t want to have to say goodbye anymore. Catherine, I want to spend the rest of my life telling you ‘I love you’ and making you feel like the most special, beautiful woman in the world. Catherine, will you marry me?” And then they rode off on the back of an elephant (not a euphemism).

Sean and Catherine’s impending nuptials and/or People magazine breakup cover, of course, meant Lindsay Yenter’s “fairytale” romance came to a sudden and painful end, the goofy Missouri beauty doomed to spend her days surrounded by piled-up newspapers and half-feral cats — or even worse, the inhabitants of Season 4 of Bachelor Pad. “I love you; that’s the hardest part,” Sean told Lindsay, seconds after yanking the rug out from under her and sending her face-first into the wooden engagement platform. “I love you: I know I do. I’m sorry.”

Dude, how’s Catherine gonna feel when she sees you uttering the “L” word to some other chick the same day you put a ring on it? [My favorite part of the finale? Host Chris Harrison strolling over to Sean right after Lindsay's exit, and casually saying, "Hey, man! How's it goin'? That was rough."]

sean lowe shirtlessBonus: One more shirtless Sean montage!

Update: Sean explained during “After the Final Rose” that, “At certain points, God reveals things on his own time, and it’s almost like he said, ‘Catherine’s the one.’” OH SEAN, DON’T BRING GOD INTO THIS!

Update No. 2: “We think it would be cool,” said Sean, “since our relationship started and was developed and cultivated on a TV show, we’ll have our wedding on a TV show — and ABC will cover the wedding!” Yay? Ugh? All of the above?

What did you think of The Bachelor finale? Did Sean make the right choice? Take our poll below, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

Comments (51)

• I think they are still together

Comment by Snappy – March 11, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lindsay taking off her heels was hilarious!

Comment by chris – March 11, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Catherine can make Sean just as happy as Lindsey would have. Sean & Lindsey made such a cute couple together.

Comment by countygirl – March 11, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lindsey is too immature for a relationship of any kind.

Comment by Marvan – March 11, 2013 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And round about Labor Day, Sean’s publicist will release a statement saying that Sean and Catherine are no longer together but they remain the best of friends.

Comment by JC – March 11, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true

Comment by linds – March 11, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s all they seem: FRIENDS

Comment by Gailer – March 11, 2013 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You think it’ll take that long?

Comment by Timmah – March 11, 2013 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This whole process and show seem like they are exactly as god intended. God (& his vessel Chris Harrison) have shown us all the true way to happiness. Thanks Sean!!

Comment by kat – March 11, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does that mean there will be no tv wedding?

Comment by rebecca – March 11, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “And then they rode off on the back of an elephant (not a euphemism).” That was hysterical. Thanks for the laugh.

Comment by Cathy – March 11, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on now guys ……. Sean picked the right girl……….and they’ll have a wonderful and happy family life together!

Comment by amee – March 11, 2013 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so disappointed in Sean’s season. He’s too happy go lucky and I feel he just wants to get married to have sex (again?) lol

Comment by Gailer – March 11, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sex is not all there is too life. Married couples live many yrs many times WITHOUT SEX. (due to medical problems). This is 2013. My husband & I have not had sex since 1995 and 2-3 yrs before that is was not great due to his medical problems. We were married in 1990 and had 1 good yr & 2 fair yrs of making love. There is a difference in sex & making love.

Comment by Cheryl Schmidt – March 11, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is definitely something you should be discussing on a message board!

Comment by Parker – March 11, 2013 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love that all your mentions of Sean are linked to shirtless pictures of him. Don’t watch the show but do love your recaps…

Comment by Crabapple – March 11, 2013 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boring

Comment by goofy lucy – March 11, 2013 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ho hum…..so boring ……

Comment by goofy lucy – March 11, 2013 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lindsey was about as genuine as they get. Catherine made a comment that she wasn’t sure if she was ready the same show he proposed. If I was single I would be finding Lindsey to propose! Goofy, funny, caring, great family, sincere, big heart. Definitely the winner in my eyes. Sorry Catherine your too fake IMHO. And come on, you know he lead AshLee on to get in her pants. Poor AshLee was naive to think Sean was serious about picking her. Lastly, Desiree’s brother was right. Desiree if you read this, you should thank your brother for protecting you. if you smelled Sean’s finger they probably still smelled like AshLee. No offense AshLee, though you are naive, you are a wonderful lady and deserve better. You were too mature for Sean. Best of luck to everyone…

Comment by Master P – March 11, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do we have a count on how many girls Sean told “I’m crazy about you” during the season? Was hoping they would have put that together as a montage.

Comment by Timmah – March 11, 2013 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it was all downhill once des and ashlee were off. Zero interest in the last 3 and how it sorted out…very shallow people…thought more of Sean until he let ashlee go.

Comment by shay – March 12, 2013 01:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s funny you say this….I thought more of Ashlee until The Women Tell All. :)

Comment by Kim R – March 12, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What did Ashley do at the “Women tell all” except explicit what was probably the truth! I wouldn’t put it past him!

Comment by Cdngirl – March 13, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “Exploit” not explicit, sorry.

Comment by Cdngirl – March 13, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lindsay looks like Buffy the Vampire Slayer – which is a
    good thing of course.

Comment by John – March 12, 2013 01:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They will break up.

Comment by LOLOLOL – March 12, 2013 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone notice or hear Catherine tell Sean she was addicted to him after the proposal? I found that beyond strange! Although, she was my pick to win it. Lindsay’s baby voice made me mental.

Comment by Teeny – March 12, 2013 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lindsay’s move to take off her heals ‘stole’ the show.She’s a sweet girl, but that was the best move on bachelor history. you go girl!

Comment by shar – March 12, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I fell asleep watching the finale..I was hoping for him to pick Catherine. She reminds me of the duchess,prince williams wife.

Comment by Cindy Smith – March 12, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking on the same lines, sounds like all Catherines have a fairy tale endings :)

Comment by NYC123 – March 13, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lindsay conversed like a young teenage girl of about 15 or 16 years old, not like a woman of 24 years old. She was cute and sweet, but had little of substance to offer the relationship. Catherine’s letter was beautifully written, and showed maturity. I imagine that Sean was attracted not only to her physical beauty and lively spirit, but also to her secure emotional and intellectual qualities.

Comment by Elizabeth – March 12, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would be surprised if this relationship worked, watching after the final rosé their reactions and body movements told a story in itself. Where were the big smiles and excitement? I also found it odd that Catherine coud never look Sean in the eye when talking! Bad breath possibly, lol! She was however a sweet girl but I don’t think she’s ready for all of it.

Seriously, I thought something big was missing, that was no dramatic proposal, I found it weak and yes Catherine saying, “I’m addicted to you” was a very weird comment.
    Lindsay, was so remarkable with how she handled it, very mature and sincere. I don’t think she was immature throughout the show just obviously a fun, happy, confident & full of life person(which most of us wish we could be)! From viewers prospective atleast, she was blindsided and for good reason. I personally wouldn’t feel to confident being engaged to a man that obviously loved both and couldn’t DECIDE up until the last moment.
    Then just reading he is taking on Dancing with the Stars role, makes me wonder even more. Instead of spending “quality” time with the love of his life, he’s going to spend hours on end training for the show, which I have heard is extremely time consuming!
    Hmm interesting! Possibly got the “Celebrity bug” now, so goodbye love….

Comment by Cdngirl – March 12, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sean’s in love with no one but himself. Wait, Lindsay, never mind that I just ripped your heart to shreds, come back so that I can tell you how *I* feel and how bad it hurts *me*! I need more screen time!

Comment by Timmah – March 12, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I get the eye-contact thing and have a similar habit (I’m filipino too btw so maybe it’s an asian thing? I have always noticed asian families being poor at heartfelt communication…).

Basically the intensity of conversations can make her really uncomfortable, and in order to force out the truth one needs to look away to keep from getting distracted, crying, or stopping.

I think that’s just the nature of some people, and I’d rather someone look away if it meant being more honest and deep than someone who looks you in the eye but says shallow thoughtless stuff. Doesn’t mean she’s not genuine.

Comment by Nina – March 13, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess I agres, I had filipino colleagues and they never looked in eyes while tralking, same thing with chinese

Comment by NYC123 – March 13, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was routing for AshLee. Oh well. Catherine was my pick over Lindsay because of Catherine’s maturity level. But I must say that I’m disappointed with Catherine. She is not into Sean as much as Sean is into her. She talks so fast and answered Chris’ questions so snippy. She didn’t get as emotional as Sean. I saw disconnect on her part. And who sits there and laughs at an emotional replay of watching a romantic proposal of themselves. I would have been teary eyed and choked up (like Sean was). Am I crazy or did anyone else notice this? I hope she doesn’t break his heart but I think she may leave him hanging at the alter.

Comment by Dawn – March 12, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you. Catherine’s reactions and expressions were very disappointing. She is not that into him!

Comment by Sue – March 13, 2013 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If she does leave him it would serve him right. He’s fickle. He told everyone he could see himself married to them, how weird is he?

Comment by Ruth Peace – March 13, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly think Lindsey was in lust not in love. I think Catherine being a little older is just enough time for more maturity. Lindsey will get there. She’s got sleeping with him written all over her face. Tight clothes booty shorts, doe eyed looks. She knew what she was doing. It just didn’t work. And bravo to Sean for standing up for his Faith. God does reveal, and helped him look past the temptation.

Comment by Carrie – March 12, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every part of her after the final rose, was as they says “Red Flags”, no she showed no emotion at all! Come to think of it, she wasn’t even emotional with his proposal. Who Said she didnt even look at the ring, on TV a big clip of her gasping.

Comment by Cdngirl – March 12, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too much too soon burns very quick just sayin!

Comment by shelly – March 13, 2013 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mila Kunis is Sean’s celebrity crush. No wonder he is attracted to Catherine. I can see some similarities between the two. Well, congrats Sean! You got your Mila Kunis…hehehe…

Comment by zanne – March 13, 2013 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sean will get so famous in DWTS that he will have make out sessions with his partner. There will be DWTS after parties where girls would like to hangout with him. Catherine will be just a side dish for him. Catherine shud get married to him before DWTS starts shooting.

Comment by NYC123 – March 13, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In all honestly I find the people who claim they are Die Hard “Christian’s” to be the biggest phonies/hypocrites out there, they use religion to compensate for there actions & personally the worst to speak bad of others. I am catholic but don’t use it to compensate for everything I do or say in my everyday life.

Comment by Cdngirl – March 13, 2013 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Sean is the immature one, be led ev eryone on by telling everyone he was falling in love with them. I did not like his strategy. The girls he rejected are lucky especially AshLee she was too good for him. He needs to get his heart broken like he did to Des, AshLee, and Lindsey. He is fickle and impressed with himself.

Comment by Ruth Peace – March 13, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lindsay may have come across as immature, but I think she redeemed herself in the end. She was truly heartbroken and upset, but instead of acting irrationally, she processed what was going on and handled it very well. Sean was actually lucky that she didn’t overreact or challenge him on his choice. You gotta wonder if at any time during the breakup if he didn’t have second thoughts about what he was doing. I don’t see Catherine’s family getting along with Sean’s as well as Lindsay’s would have.

Comment by LindsayFan – March 21, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As an older lady T.V. viewer I must tell you that I enjoy watching the programs – The Bachelor//Bachelorette.
    One good reason is there is no violence involved.

I love Sean and Catherine. She was my pick for him.
    Hope they get married soon.

Comment by lynn farrol – March 28, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SEAN IT DOES LOOK REALLY BAD TO GET ENGAGED AND THEN GO ON TO DANCING WITH THE STARS, YOU WILL PROBABLY BE THE CAUSE OF YOU TWO NOT MAKING IT TOGETHER. I WOULD WANT MY GUY WITH ME IF I WAS JUST ASKED TO MARRY ME INSTEAD SEEMS LIKE YOU HAVEN’T GIVEN HER JUSTICE. I USE TO LIKE YOU BUT YOU SEEM SORRY NOW. NOW PROVE YOUR SELF. CATHERINE DIDN’T MARRY YOUR PARENTS AND SHOULDN’T NEED TO HAVE TO SET WITH THEM ,IF YOU WAS WHERE YOU SHOULD BE YOU WOULD BE WITH CATHERINE.

Comment by ADRIAN – April 8, 2013 02:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Curious discussion with friends we are wondering if these contestants
    (bachelor/dance w/stars) get some type of salary or monetary stipend for
    being on the shows? Perhaps their outside jobs and financial status make it
    possible for them to be on leave for the number of weeks involved.

Comment by BettyLou – May 9, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post