Pilot Scoop: Christian Slater Exerts Influence in Awake Creator's ABC Drama

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

christianslaterChristian Slater has been cast opposite Steve Zahn in ABC’s drama pilot Influence, TVLine has learned.

The project, from Awake creator Kyle Killen, is described as a provocative workplace ensemble centered on the complicated relationship between two brothers who head a unique agency designed to attack their clients’ problems using the real science of human motivation and manipulation.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Your Guide This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers, and Who’s In Them

Slater will play Ross, Zahn’s brilliant schemer and ladies’ man brother, who recently got out of prison after serving two years for fraud. Rolling with ideas, high-wired and charmingly persuasive, Ross believes he’s come up with a business model that can earn him and his team millions.

The cast also includes Megalyn Echikunwoke (Made in Jersey), Cedric Sanders and Gregory Marcel.

Keith Redmon (Awake) will exec-produce with Killen.

In addition to the late Fox comedy Breaking In, Slater’s TV credits include The Forgotten and My Own Worst Enemy.

Comments (13)

• Isn’t he due for a hit? My Own Worst Enemy was actually excellent once it found its footing. The forgotten as well – two shows attacked by the networks for not being in the top ten. Breaking in was very funny until the network got a hold of it – What was the lady from Will & Grace supposed to add to that. Was funnier before bean counters watched it.

Comment by Missy Kelly – March 11, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another show for Christian Slater??? When will they learn

Comment by KND – March 11, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I hope for Kyle Killen’s sake that the third time’s the charm. I was more interested in Awake, though.

Comment by Emily – March 11, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All Kyle Killen shows get cancelled and so do all Christian Slater shows. Maybe they’re going for the old two negatives make a positive approach. Anyway I’m in, I liked breaking in and I loved awake

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – March 11, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH TV LINE, you’ve already used that headline before! Come on guys!

Comment by bryceradick – March 11, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch Christian Slater in anything. This role sounds perfect for him – he’s an excellent devious rascal!

Comment by LynnH – March 11, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has this been cancelled yet?

Comment by Jerri – March 11, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC don’t screwed this up!
    I need my Killen/Slater show this fall.

Comment by Boone – March 11, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The stars and showrunner from perennially cancelled shows team up, this is either a smash hit, or a dud.

Comment by Behzad – March 11, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks great! I loved “The Forgotten” and “Breaking In” was funny…it just didn’t have the right scheduling. And then they hired Megan Mulally who was HORRIBLE and let Odette…I forget her last name but the girl who picked locks on the show go to “House” and “Breaking In” fell apart. Steve Zahn is also very good. I think this looks smart and funny…sort of a cross between “Tell Mr Lies” and “Two and a Half Men” pre-Kutcher the Butcher. I hope people give the show a chance!

Comment by Tina – March 12, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they are filiming this in the lobby of my office in downtown chicago as we speak

Comment by cam – April 3, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post