CBS Pilot Scoop: Skeet Ulrich to Star in Anatomy of Violence from Homeland Producers

Anatomy of Violence CBS Pilot Cast Skeet UlrichSkeet Ulrich has landed the male lead in Anatomy of Violence, CBS’ drama pilot from Homeland exec producers Howard Gordon, Alex Gansa and Alex Cary, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2013: Your Guide This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers, and Who’s In Them

Ulrich, whose TV credits include Jericho and Law & Order: L.A., will play Dr. Raines, a maverick FBI criminal psychiatrist who specializes in sociopaths. The ensemble also includes Homeland alum David Harewood as Raines’ boss and friend.

The role of Raines’ young female partner is still being cast.

1. GeeMa says:

Still think TPTB should bring Jericho back. Before its time. I know it’s a broken record.

2. Lily says:

Love Skeet, I hope this one is a success for him, I miss seeing him on TV.

3. Tran says:

He rocked on Jericho but wasn’t good enough in Law & Order: L.A. Hope his return to TV should get picked up as a series for CBS.

4. amanners says:

Didn’t CBS already try a spinoff of Criminal Minds?

5. meem says:

Yay! Love Skeet.
    Agreed that Jericho was before its ti,me. Revolution is silly by comoarison.

6. martina says:

Coming from Gordon and Gansa I’m pretty excited about this show, but I fear that Homeland won’t get its deserving attention.

7. Jerri says:

Jericho was the only drama on See BS in 15 years that wasn’t a moronic procedural. I miss it dearly.

8. Ally Oop says:

Sounds like another boring psychopath/criminology drama. Even if it’s by the creators Of Homeland and starring the main character from Jericho, I doubt I’ll be watching.

9. Daniel says:

Loved him on Jericho. Good for you Skeet.

10. chris says:

I hope they change the title of the show, it isn’t very catchy and too many syllables to remember. I hope Skeet does well it in this, he deserves a hit show. I’m a little worried that there are too many similar shows on right now (Castle, Bones, Mentalist, Elementary…)

11. Susan-gator says:

Good for Skeet…….and smart move on CBS’s part. Keep Skeet in the family until Jericho starts filming again and his schedule for both jobs can be easily accommodated with both shows being CBS. Jericho is not dead……….just in transition between networks.

I hope CBS gives this one a chance. Hoping they learned from NBC’s mistake—remove Skeet and all 9+ million Jericho fans stop watching your show (LOLA) and it dies in 2 episodes. Good luck Skeet!

Susan-gator (awaiting more Jericho! Revolution is a cheap rip-off, CBS, get off your duffs and put Jericho back on the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)