Exclusive

Exclusive Lying Game Finale First Look: It's the Sutton/Emma Moment You've Been Waiting For!

ABC Family’s addictive Lying Game airs its spring finale next Tuesday at 9/8c, and with it comes a moment two seasons in the making: the long-overdue coming together of always at-odds twins Sutton and Emma.

Sure, we’ve seen some surface-level connections between the two in the past, but never before have the long-lost siblings been so genuine in their resolve to embrace their sisterhood. Why now, you might ask?

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Press PLAY below to find out what finally brings Emma and Sutton together — Spoiler Alert: You might want to keep some Kleenex handy! — and then hit the comments: Are you excited to see a softer side to the sisters?

Loading video...
TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Finales, First Look, Video

1. Mikaela says:

How freaked out would we all be if it turns out it’s Kristin behind everything? Just throwing that out there.

• kavyn says:

I started thinking that too, but honestly Kristen is such a good character as is, I really hope they don’t destroy her just to shock people. It would be pretty frustrating if all four parents were all evil in some way, and Kristen’s always been so sweet and motherly.

• Tricia says:

I had a similar thought about Thayer is season one, but then threw it away because he seemed so GOOD. Now, however, they seem to be making it more and more possible that he could be a bad guy. Give Kristen time, I’m sure they’ll make us doubt her soon enough.

• anakl says:

I’m with you 100%… the “oh she so innocent in all of this crap” Kristin is, in my opinion, the most suited villain… no one suspects her, everyone protects her… oh…yeah… she’s an Uber-villain… we’ll see

• Chloe says:

I was thinking that, too. I really hope they don’t go there, though.

I’m very happy to see the twins getting along & getting close. I hope it stays that way.

• Janie says:

It was thayer! I was ACUALLY considering it ealier!

2. Kristi says:

This show has gotten SO good these last few episodes. Really hoping it gets renewed for the second half of season 2.

3. Mikaela, I started thinking that last week, wondering if she might be behind all !

4. love says:

Alexandra Chandro is so good. This is how you play two different characters Nina Dobrev !

5. Brandon says:

I really love this show. It’s finally getting its footing, in my opinion. I really hope it gets renewed. And man, I really do find myself believing that girl is 2 people. She does a great job, and their editing is perfect.

• Katherine215 says:

Right?! Sometimes I forget it’s not two actresses when they’re in scenes together. She does a great job. I felt the same way about Anna Torv’s two Olivias on Fringe. Really shows you how good an actress is if she pulls that off so convincingly.

6. Jade says:

I agree, The Lying Game has gotten so good the past couple episodes. I hope ABCFAMILY does the right thing and renews this series for additional episodes or another season.

7. greg says:

I hope since they are calling this the first half of season two, that it means they intend on finishing it out. This is the kind of show that will probably get cancelled on a cliffhanger finale, hopefully that doesnt happen

8. ha says:

I swear if ABCFamily cancels this show on a cliffhanger (Kyle XY anyone?) I’m never watching their crap again.

• Kristi says:

They should have done at least a movie to show us what happened after that ending. That was a big fail.

• tfin says:

totally agreee! come on leaving a show on a cliffhanger??!! so sick of that happening..and this show is just starting to get its footing! It better at LEAST finish season 2!

9. Shannika says:

awwww they had a cute sister moment. will it last?

10. anakl says:

does anyone knows what happens in that dinner party the next episode? I saw pictures of it but I don’t know if Ethan is hurt or if it’s Sutton/Emma or maybe Laurel, since she was right behind Ethan… they all seem surprised, except for Dan, at something happening above their heads, maybe the chandelier ?? Then everyone’s shocked & it seems that Ethan is on the ground… do have anything on this?

• Jessica says:

Noo! Alec is on the ground and i think its because when Rebecca was talking to Alec on the roof she figured everything out! That Alec really killed Derek and Theresa. I think Rebecca threw him down and Alec broke threw the ceiling. (If that makes any sense…)

11. anakl says:

*except Dan

12. AJ says:

I think Thayer is behind all the killings and has been trying to frame Alec. Has anyone else noticed how he has got this two personalities thing going on and when did he become so angry?

13. Bella says:

They’ve been redeeming Sutton lately. I bet they’re gonna kill her off

14. Elyse says:

i used to hope they would kill Sutton off… but i am now starting to really like her!!

• Brandy says:

Killing Sutton off would probably be a mistake on the writers part. Because a lot of viewers find her very entertaining, and she is one of the most talked about characters.

15. TLG says:

I don’t know if I buy Sutton wanting or understanding closeness to Emma. I’ve always wondered what rebecca could have said to Sutton to get her on board with all the shenanigans. Like I get Sutton spoiled and being angry at her parents namely her dad. But it was evident her reaching out to emma was to use her and buy sutton and rebecca time to put their plan in place. I don’t even get any vibe from rebecca that she cares or even likes emma.

also I agree with what someone else said regarding thayer. His character was sooo good now they are writing him like a villian.

Oh man if the big bad was kristen we would all be so blown. She’s the nicest character on there next to emma and the younger sister.

Also where the show has fallen down in plot development..is the secret of the twins so bad that it requires killing? the body count is at 2 now. where does the show go from there once the twins are out?

• Candace says:

It’s logical to be skeptical of Sutton’s change of heart towards Emma, but I choose to believe that she’s honest because underneath it all, they are twin sisters. They can only really trust each other and we’ve seen that trust been broken. It’s kind of sad. I don’t think that Sutton and Rebecca are still conspiring against each other because Sutton has been accusing Rebecca of a lot of things while they were in private, so there would be no reason for either of them to act. And I agree about Kristin! That would be the most shocking character reveal they could give us for this midseason finale, not Thayer, since people are already suspecting him. And I think it’s more than just the secret of the twins – there must be something bigger beneath it all, because it is getting out of hand! Almost everyone knows now and bad things are still occurring, so the writers must be keeping doors open for future episodes, if they get renewed.

• DorothyinOz says:

I don’t understand why no one is looking at Laurel as the murderer. She seems to me to be the most likely one. She would kill Derek to protect her father from blackmail. Repeatedly leaving flowers on Derek’s grave would be more consistent with a young girl rather than Ted who said he had left the flowers. I think Ted worries that it is Laurel and has said he left the flowers. If Laurel was caught leaving flowers by Teresa, she is more likely to have panicked and killed Teresa. If you noticed in the last episode, she was looking daggers at Alex when he got close to Kristen and Laurel would be the one most motivated to try to kill him to protect her family. As for Thayer having a possible murder weapon, that does not mean he killed Teresa or Derek. He does not have much motivation in my mind. He is more likely to have found Teresa’s body and moved it to the club so it could be found, rather than having murdered her. Remember that the murder weapon that killed Derek was also moved to cast blame on Alex. I think we need to watch Laurel.

16. Chester says:

Could the intrepid reporters of TVLine please provide us all with some news about the renewal/cancel situation with The Lying Game.

17. Nicole says:

I want to believe Sutton has turned over a new leaf and is being nicer to Emma. She has seen Rebecca for who she is and not as her mother who she has been reunited with. I’m glad Sutton wanted Emma to stay and not be bitchy like earlier saying she stole her life an wanted her gone. Sutton started the hug and held tighter to Emma. I’m happy that the 2 of them are getting along. On a side note it is probably weird for Alexandra Chando she has to hug herself and basically talk to herself when it is only Sutton and Emma in a scene.

18. asta says:

The minute I saw Rebecca I knew she was their mother because she looks exactly like Sutton with the beachy hair. It would be hard for anyone not to see it.

19. I think emma an ethan should end up together because they look amazing together.I hope she give him another chance because when the love is real and when its real it can’t lie.I love you emma.

20. Victoria says:

Did anyone try watching the video on their phone.?
    Or can you only watch it on a computer?

21. random123 says:

video is down

22. Kelly says:

I really hope this show returns us lying game fans deserve to get more answers if abc family decides to drop the show than obviously and family don’t care about us we deserve answers abc family don’t just leave us hanging with unsolved mysteries

23. Alexandra says:

RENEW!!!!!!!!

24. Mark says:

Renewed? If the number crunchers have their say, it’s a go.

From http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/13/pretty-little-liars-is-tuesdays-1-tv-telecast-in-women-18-34-and-1-for-the-10th-week-a-row-in-females-12-34/173330/

The Winter 2013 season of “The Lying Game” climbed by solid double-digit percentages over the opening leg of its freshman season (8/15/11-10/17/11) in key demos: +17% in Adults 18-34 (500,000 vs. 427,000), +21% in Women 18-34 (431,000 vs. 356,000), +13% in Adults 18-49 (679,000 vs. 601,000) and +19% in Women 18-49 (575,000 vs. 482,000).

Based on available full-week viewing numbers, “The Lying Game” posts huge DVR increases, gaining close to 500,000 more Total Viewers (1.27 million to 1.70 million) and surging by double-digit percentages across all target demos, including by 35% in Adults 18-34 (523,000 to 708,000), by 37% in Adults 18-49 (707,000 to 967,000) and by 33% in Viewers 12-34 (865,000 to 1.15 million).

25. soliyana says: