Pilot Scoop: Former Grey's Anatomy Doc Isaiah Washington Is Among CW's 100

Get More: Casting News, Scoop

isaiahSix years after being discharged from Grey’s Anatomy, Isaiah Washington is attempting a full-time TV comeback as one of the stars of The CW’s post-apoocaylytic thriller The 100, TVLine has learned.

Based on upcoming Alloy books written by Kass Morgan, the project is set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization. A spaceship housing the lone human survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth to investigate the possibility of re-colonizing the planet.

RELATED | Pilots 2013: Your Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers and Who’s Starring In Them

Washington will play Jaha, the leader of the remaining human race now living in the orbiting space station

The cast also includes Henry Ian Cusick (Lost), Bob Morley (Home and Away), Eli Goree (Emily Owens, M.D.), Marie Avgeropoulos (Cult) and Eliza Taylor (Neighbours).

Alloy TV’s Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo serve as exec producers alongside Matt Miller (Chuck) and Jason Rothenberg, who penned the script.

Comments (47)

• Wow. What an elderly cast for a cw show. I really liked Isiah on Grey’s and was said when I heard he departed the show. He has the strenght to lead,but let’s see what else will be there.
    Cw is going all out for these new pilots.

Comment by maki – March 8, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too.i was really upset when i heard him leaving GA for good. He better makes an outstanding comeback this time.

Comment by Syaz – June 14, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “The 100″ on CW. The EXTRA Clip looked sorta akward. He seemed like the guy at the party trying to fit in. Or I’m projecting lol but what rubbed me wrong way was a joke clearly pandering to his critics. Questions from facebook or twitter asked “Who would you want as a guest star on show. He says “Tyler Perry, he’s hot” fake laughs insue

Comment by steven smith – March 12, 2014 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • another reason to not watch, hated him on greys

Comment by rod – March 8, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hmmm… so lets wait and watch who he calls the “F word” next

Comment by Rivera – March 8, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s The CW so…everyone.

Comment by dude – March 8, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow he seems to be making a comeback after what happened 6 years ago, hopefully he learned his lesson, I think this looks good though

Comment by Juan – March 8, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh- really? This tool? Creators better make sure no one in the cast is gay if they want this to work out.

Comment by Alice – March 8, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This!

Comment by Ed – March 8, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unless you were there on set (of GA), it’s all speculation.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – March 8, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess you missed the clip of him grabbing the microphone from Shonda backstage at the Golden Globes and saying the “F” word. Sandra Oh looked like she filed in at the very front of the group to make sure she didn’t have to stand next to him. Heehee Hope the fool has learned his lesson.

Comment by Doris – March 8, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show just screams “passed” don’t see it getting picked up.

Comment by dude – March 8, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping he would be on something on another station. This doesn’t have a good chance of being picked up. I liked him on Grey’s and in movies.

Comment by tp – March 8, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • look at these men fired by Shonda Rhimes and doing a show together

Comment by love – March 8, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only on the cw…

Comment by Jay – March 8, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Makes me not want to watch this show on principle alone. He was a jerk on Grey’s, he was a jerk in real life to the cast of Grey’s – haven’t the time of day for him returning to my television.

Comment by Sara – March 8, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This seems like such a weird concept. I’d be surprised if it makes it past the pilot stage.

Comment by Jade – March 8, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This won’t get picked up. Nobody wants to watch this bigot anymore. No wonder he’s been MIA for the past six years. He deserves what’s coming to him…

Comment by SJ – March 8, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s funny, because I have seen tons of “other” types of actors still get work after offending African Americans. And guess what?…People still watched them. The hypocrisy in this country is amazing.

Comment by Lena – March 8, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It is curious to me that people defending Isaiah Washington always ignore the fact that he was also accused of physically assaulting Patrick Dempsey at the time. Have you ever worked anywhere that physical violence toward a coworker resulted in anything but being fired?

Comment by Brooke – March 8, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are generalizing. You can’t speak for everyone. I used to love Sean Connery, Van Dame and Chris Brown, until I found out they beat women. Now I boycott anything they do. The irony is that many African American women still idolize Chris. Go figure…

Comment by Ana – March 8, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sean Connery beats women? Facts please Isaiah. Lol

Comment by Xtina – March 8, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t live in your country, and thank god for that… If someone in show business offends a gay person, they shouldn’t be allowed to work in said business ever again. It is that simple. This man is vile and disgusting and I will boycott anything and everything he does, and I’m not the only one.

Comment by SJ – March 8, 2013 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I see it in Social Work all the time too. You can bash some but not others. Bigotry is still big.

Comment by Libby – March 9, 2013 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Henry needs to go back to Scandal. I bet he is kicking himself for leaving the hottest network show on tv right now!

Comment by Mary – March 8, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no thanks , the man was so ungrateful and a bitch because he was not anymore going to be Liv’s big love story

Comment by love – March 8, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is that what happened? Dang! I didn’t know. I was upset when he was cut. But if that’s the reason, good riddance.. No one comes between Fitz and Liv…

Comment by Ana – March 8, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought I read he left on his own? I could be wrong.

Comment by Mary – March 8, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yep he got mad and stopped going at the table read

Comment by love – March 8, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I thought he left on his own too.

Comment by Russ – March 8, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t stand him. I was happy he was written off Greys. His treatment of T.R. Knight was reprehensible and gross and he will never convince me that he’s not a homophobe.

Comment by Ana – March 8, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe he just doesn’t like T.R. and expressed it politically incorrectly. (if T.R. called him a “N” would it be the same reaction? Doubt it.

Comment by Beth – March 9, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re right. The reaction would have been WORSE!

Comment by AJ – March 10, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate it when real life colors my enjoyment of a work. I thought he was a good actor on Grey’s but after the controversy I just can’t get enjoy it the same. The same thing happened to me with Orson Scott Card and Ender’s Game. When I read it, I loved it. Once I found out about his views, I just couldn’t look at it the same. I probably will not be watching this.

Comment by Marz – March 8, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • him and Henry Ian Cusick can share their personal story about Shonda Rhimes LOL
    I hope this show fail

Comment by love – March 8, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just read another article about this pilot that said Paige Turco co stars in it. The article did not even mention Isaiah Washinton being in it. Wonder what’s up with that? I want Paige to keep appearing on Person of Interest as Zoe.

Comment by Xtina – March 8, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you new? Actors get cast one at a time on pilots. Obviously he got a job after she did.

Comment by Lauren – March 8, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did they officially change the name to “The 100″ from “The Hundred” or is that an error?

Comment by nick1372 – March 8, 2013 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, according to most of you, if you offend your coworker at your last job, you show never work again, even if you’ve apologized and never intend to do it again. That’s ridiculous! Is that what you would want to happen to you? Grow up…people make mistakes. It has been six years and we all need to move on.

That being said, I doubt that the CW picks up that pilot…it has adults in it. Lol.

Comment by nikki – March 10, 2013 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Okay, I have a different opinion here. The situation was that The cast was on set preparing to record. Patrick Dempsey’s hair and make-up were running late. Isaiah Washington got upset about this and verbally attacked Patrick according to people present at the time. Somehow, T.R. Knight got caught in the crossfire and was called the slur. There were accusations of a physical fight, but, as far as I know, this has been denied by those involved. Isaiah made a public apology and, when it came to his part on the show, all was forgiven and he was expected to continue on. During the Golden Globes Isaiah made a point to publicly deny ever calling T.R. this slur while using the slur again. Not only did he start things up again, he flat out lied as verified by many people present at the time. There were also accusations of him causing a hostile work environment,mbut nothing has ever been confirmed. Grey’s Anatomy is a show that was built on the idea of diversity and letting this continue to go on, totally goes against that. There was really no choice, but to let him go at that point. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut and he couldn’t, so he dug his own grave. It wasn’t just a slur, which is bad enough, or repeated behavior, which is worse, he also put T.R.’s private life in the public and forced him to address his sexuality, which he did not want to put out publicly at that point. It would have come out eventually, that’s part of the deal with fame, but Isaiah caused it to happen at that point because of something nasty he chose to say and repeat that cannot be interpreted as anything, but offensive. This wasn’t just unintentionally offending a coworker or even just saying something stupid and sincerely apologizing, this was part of ongoing behavior that he knowingly did. That being said, I hope he has changed his behavior, and, more importantly, his thinking and does continue act and have success if he has truly changed. He is a great actor and I really loved his performance of Grey’s and was sad to see the character go, but, in regard to the actor the right decision was made at the time. And, if he is still the same way, then I don’t want to see him. Sorry this got so ridiculously long (if anyone even reads this far), but I have a real problem with discrimination and slurs like this.

Comment by bringbackbeatles – March 11, 2013 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you. There comes a point where enough is enough. Everyone is granted a reprieve, but once the act continues, it can’t be blamed on a “mistake” or a one-time “bad judgment.” I try very hard to separate my entertainment from the real world, but sometimes theses experiences I read about really sour MY entertainment experiences, to the point of not watching. Sad but true.

Comment by cowcowmeows – March 12, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And why are they putting a bigot on their show? Doesn’t the exes at The CW know the reason he was discharged?

Comment by Danielle – March 10, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only the ones that was there, are the ones that actually know what happened and what was actually said and what lead to situation that expired. Give the man a chance, so many have said and done much worst.

Comment by Sunshine – May 4, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love isaiah i’m glad he has a show he deserves a comeback the same as Robert Downey jr Charlie Sheen and many more have recieived I
    Wish gay people would speak out when others are discriminate against but they ate a bunch of selfish ass people now I see why people dont support your causes you dont support any one elses.

Comment by Shontae – June 23, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree I use to be a supporter of Gay rights not anymore you are a bunch of selfish ass holes the way you all treated Isaiah Washinton make me want to join the Tea Party. You call every body Gay haters what about you? Isaiah has the right to work just like Charlie f up Sheen , Robert Dope up Downey Jr and so many more.
    So the Next time I hear some one call you guys the F word I will say you deserved it. I no longer will speak out in support of you because you sure don’t speak out for any other races but you want everybody to stand up for you ass holes .I will now join the bash party of Gays. You all disgust me

Comment by Joann – August 18, 2013 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. I will watch. I stopped watching Grey when you were let go. Isaiah had a Right to keep his job.

Comment by Rebekah – September 15, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post