Pilot Scoop: Former Grey's Anatomy Doc Isaiah Washington Is Among CW's 100

isaiahSix years after being discharged from Grey’s Anatomy, Isaiah Washington is attempting a full-time TV comeback as one of the stars of The CW’s post-apoocaylytic thriller The 100, TVLine has learned.

Based on upcoming Alloy books written by Kass Morgan, the project is set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization. A spaceship housing the lone human survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth to investigate the possibility of re-colonizing the planet.

RELATED | Pilots 2013: Your Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) Newcomers and Who’s Starring In Them

Washington will play Jaha, the leader of the remaining human race now living in the orbiting space station

The cast also includes Henry Ian Cusick (Lost), Bob Morley (Home and Away), Eli Goree (Emily Owens, M.D.), Marie Avgeropoulos (Cult) and Eliza Taylor (Neighbours).

Alloy TV’s Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo serve as exec producers alongside Matt Miller (Chuck) and Jason Rothenberg, who penned the script.

1. maki says:

Wow. What an elderly cast for a cw show. I really liked Isiah on Grey’s and was said when I heard he departed the show. He has the strenght to lead,but let’s see what else will be there.
    Cw is going all out for these new pilots.

• Syaz says:

Me too.i was really upset when i heard him leaving GA for good. He better makes an outstanding comeback this time.

• steven smith says:

“The 100″ on CW. The EXTRA Clip looked sorta akward. He seemed like the guy at the party trying to fit in. Or I’m projecting lol but what rubbed me wrong way was a joke clearly pandering to his critics. Questions from facebook or twitter asked “Who would you want as a guest star on show. He says “Tyler Perry, he’s hot” fake laughs insue

2. rod says:

another reason to not watch, hated him on greys

3. Rivera says:

hmmm… so lets wait and watch who he calls the “F word” next

4. Juan says:

Wow he seems to be making a comeback after what happened 6 years ago, hopefully he learned his lesson, I think this looks good though

5. Alice says:

Ugh- really? This tool? Creators better make sure no one in the cast is gay if they want this to work out.

6. dude says:

This show just screams “passed” don’t see it getting picked up.

7. tp says:

I was hoping he would be on something on another station. This doesn’t have a good chance of being picked up. I liked him on Grey’s and in movies.

8. love says:

look at these men fired by Shonda Rhimes and doing a show together

9. Jay says:

Only on the cw…

10. Sara says:

Makes me not want to watch this show on principle alone. He was a jerk on Grey’s, he was a jerk in real life to the cast of Grey’s – haven’t the time of day for him returning to my television.

11. Jade says:

This seems like such a weird concept. I’d be surprised if it makes it past the pilot stage.

12. SJ says:

This won’t get picked up. Nobody wants to watch this bigot anymore. No wonder he’s been MIA for the past six years. He deserves what’s coming to him…

• Lena says:

It’s funny, because I have seen tons of “other” types of actors still get work after offending African Americans. And guess what?…People still watched them. The hypocrisy in this country is amazing.

• Brooke says:

It is curious to me that people defending Isaiah Washington always ignore the fact that he was also accused of physically assaulting Patrick Dempsey at the time. Have you ever worked anywhere that physical violence toward a coworker resulted in anything but being fired?

• Ana says:

You are generalizing. You can’t speak for everyone. I used to love Sean Connery, Van Dame and Chris Brown, until I found out they beat women. Now I boycott anything they do. The irony is that many African American women still idolize Chris. Go figure…

• SJ says:

I don’t live in your country, and thank god for that… If someone in show business offends a gay person, they shouldn’t be allowed to work in said business ever again. It is that simple. This man is vile and disgusting and I will boycott anything and everything he does, and I’m not the only one.

• Libby says:

I agree. I see it in Social Work all the time too. You can bash some but not others. Bigotry is still big.

13. Mary says:

Henry needs to go back to Scandal. I bet he is kicking himself for leaving the hottest network show on tv right now!

14. Ana says:

Can’t stand him. I was happy he was written off Greys. His treatment of T.R. Knight was reprehensible and gross and he will never convince me that he’s not a homophobe.

15. Marz says:

I hate it when real life colors my enjoyment of a work. I thought he was a good actor on Grey’s but after the controversy I just can’t get enjoy it the same. The same thing happened to me with Orson Scott Card and Ender’s Game. When I read it, I loved it. Once I found out about his views, I just couldn’t look at it the same. I probably will not be watching this.

16. love says:

him and Henry Ian Cusick can share their personal story about Shonda Rhimes LOL
    I hope this show fail

17. Xtina says:

I just read another article about this pilot that said Paige Turco co stars in it. The article did not even mention Isaiah Washinton being in it. Wonder what’s up with that? I want Paige to keep appearing on Person of Interest as Zoe.

18. nick1372 says:

Did they officially change the name to “The 100″ from “The Hundred” or is that an error?

19. nikki says:

OMG, according to most of you, if you offend your coworker at your last job, you show never work again, even if you’ve apologized and never intend to do it again. That’s ridiculous! Is that what you would want to happen to you? Grow up…people make mistakes. It has been six years and we all need to move on.

That being said, I doubt that the CW picks up that pilot…it has adults in it. Lol.

• bringbackbeatles says:

Okay, I have a different opinion here. The situation was that The cast was on set preparing to record. Patrick Dempsey’s hair and make-up were running late. Isaiah Washington got upset about this and verbally attacked Patrick according to people present at the time. Somehow, T.R. Knight got caught in the crossfire and was called the slur. There were accusations of a physical fight, but, as far as I know, this has been denied by those involved. Isaiah made a public apology and, when it came to his part on the show, all was forgiven and he was expected to continue on. During the Golden Globes Isaiah made a point to publicly deny ever calling T.R. this slur while using the slur again. Not only did he start things up again, he flat out lied as verified by many people present at the time. There were also accusations of him causing a hostile work environment,mbut nothing has ever been confirmed. Grey’s Anatomy is a show that was built on the idea of diversity and letting this continue to go on, totally goes against that. There was really no choice, but to let him go at that point. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut and he couldn’t, so he dug his own grave. It wasn’t just a slur, which is bad enough, or repeated behavior, which is worse, he also put T.R.’s private life in the public and forced him to address his sexuality, which he did not want to put out publicly at that point. It would have come out eventually, that’s part of the deal with fame, but Isaiah caused it to happen at that point because of something nasty he chose to say and repeat that cannot be interpreted as anything, but offensive. This wasn’t just unintentionally offending a coworker or even just saying something stupid and sincerely apologizing, this was part of ongoing behavior that he knowingly did. That being said, I hope he has changed his behavior, and, more importantly, his thinking and does continue act and have success if he has truly changed. He is a great actor and I really loved his performance of Grey’s and was sad to see the character go, but, in regard to the actor the right decision was made at the time. And, if he is still the same way, then I don’t want to see him. Sorry this got so ridiculously long (if anyone even reads this far), but I have a real problem with discrimination and slurs like this.

• cowcowmeows says:

I agree with you. There comes a point where enough is enough. Everyone is granted a reprieve, but once the act continues, it can’t be blamed on a “mistake” or a one-time “bad judgment.” I try very hard to separate my entertainment from the real world, but sometimes theses experiences I read about really sour MY entertainment experiences, to the point of not watching. Sad but true.

20. Danielle says:

And why are they putting a bigot on their show? Doesn’t the exes at The CW know the reason he was discharged?

21. Sunshine says:

Only the ones that was there, are the ones that actually know what happened and what was actually said and what lead to situation that expired. Give the man a chance, so many have said and done much worst.

22. Shontae says:

I love isaiah i’m glad he has a show he deserves a comeback the same as Robert Downey jr Charlie Sheen and many more have recieived I
    Wish gay people would speak out when others are discriminate against but they ate a bunch of selfish ass people now I see why people dont support your causes you dont support any one elses.

23. Joann says:

I agree I use to be a supporter of Gay rights not anymore you are a bunch of selfish ass holes the way you all treated Isaiah Washinton make me want to join the Tea Party. You call every body Gay haters what about you? Isaiah has the right to work just like Charlie f up Sheen , Robert Dope up Downey Jr and so many more.
    So the Next time I hear some one call you guys the F word I will say you deserved it. I no longer will speak out in support of you because you sure don’t speak out for any other races but you want everybody to stand up for you ass holes .I will now join the bash party of Gays. You all disgust me

24. Rebekah says:

Awesome. I will watch. I stopped watching Grey when you were let go. Isaiah had a Right to keep his job.