TVLine Items: Syfy Greenlights Battlestar Boss' Helix, Esquire Revives Party Down and More!
The thriller follows a team of Centers for Disease Control scientists who travel to the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak. Once there, they find themselves involved in a life-and-death struggle “that holds the key to mankind’s salvation or total annihilation.”
Pan Am EP Steven Maeda will helm the series, which is slated to bow later this year.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Party Down is headed back to TV, Variety reports. The two-season, cult-hit Starz comedy — which starred Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation), Lizzy Caplan (the upcoming Masters of Sex), Ken Marino (Childrens Hospital) and Ryan Hansen (Veronica Mars), to name a few — will re-air on Esquire Network, the cabler formerly known as G4.
• Rhoda star Valerie Harper, who earlier this week revealed that she has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, will discuss her diagnosis on the Monday, March 11 episode of The Doctors. Harper’s husband Tony Cacciotti and her former Mary Tyler Moore Show co-stars Cloris Leachman and Ed Asner will appear alongside the veteran actress in the installment.
• Hell on Wheels has promoted Kasha Kropinski — who plays religious leader Ruth — to series regular in the AMC drama’s upcoming third season.
• Disney Channel has ordered to series Star And The Forces Of Evil, a new animated show centering on a fun-loving teen princess, Deadline reports. The leading lady will be voiced by The Middle‘s Eden Sher.
• Missing Merlin on your TV tonight? Syfy has moved the final five episodes, which will begin unspooling Friday, May 3 at 10/9c.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?Follow @MegMasters