May Sweeps Scorecard 2013: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

May Sweeps Scorecard 2013If May Sweeps is just around the corner — and the calendar says it is — that means two things, one even better than the other: 1) TV is about to get good! And 2) it’s time for TVLine’s May Sweeps Scorecard!

Like always, the Scorecard is brimming not only with Sweeps spoilers but also with season finale spoilers! And, same as last year, many of the teasers are hidden beneath a [SPOILER] tag — in other words, you’re gonna have to put on your guessing caps to figure out who’ll be doing what to (and/or with) whom.

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Coming Back? What’s on the Bubble?

A few things to remember before you scroll down and read on:

• Firstly, the bulk of the entries below pertain to series regulars or recurring characters from shows that air on a broadcast network (i.e. ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, The CW).

• Secondly, as the twists begin to leak, the Scorecard will be updated (and re-updated… ) until, finally, all the blanks are filled in and/or replaced by even more items! (Mind you, so as not to give away any classified intel, the blanks will often remain blank until after the plots to which they refer untwist on screen.) Regardless, so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates.

• Lastly, if it’s on the Scorecard, it happens during May Sweeps, which this year begins April 25 and ends May 22.

OK, now you can go ahead and start reading The Third Annual TVLine May Sweeps Scorecard! Hey, did you already start? Bastards, the lot of you!

Number of weddings: 4
1. AIRED May 9: Will and Emma/Glee
2. Barney and Robin/How I Met Your Mother
2. AIRED May 16: Dwight and Angela/The Office
3. AIRED May 20: Adam and Jennifer/Rules of Engagement
4. AIRED May 20: Russell and Timmy/Rules of Engagement

Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: 20
1. AIRED April 29: Kate tells Rick she loves him/Castle
2. AIRED April 30: Jess and Nick have sex/New Girl
3. AIRED May 1: Rayna and Deacon have sex/Nashville
4. AIRED May 1: Will kisses Gunnar/Nashville
5. AIRED May 4: Karen tells Jimmy she loves him/Smash
6. AIRED May 6: Miles and Nora have sex/Revolution
7. AIRED May 7: Nick and Chloe kiss/Grimm
8. AIRED May 7: Wade tells Zoe he loves her/Hart of Dixie
9. AIRED May 8: Oliver and Laurel have sex/Arrow
10. AIRED May 8: Juliette kisses Avery/Nashville
11. AIRED May 8: Dawson tells Mills she loves him/Chicago Fire
12. AIRED May 9: Raj and Lucy kiss/The Big Bang Theory
13. AIRED May 9: Sheldon and Amy have virtual sex via Dungeons & Dragons/The Big Bang Theory
14. AIRED May 9: Arizona and Lauren/Grey’s Anatomy
15. AIRED May 13: Jason and Charlie kiss/Revolution
16. AIRED May 14: Deeks/Kensi kiss (as Deeks and Kensi)/NCIS: LA
17. AIRED May 14: Nick and Juliette kiss for the first time since she lost her memory/Grimm
18. AIRED May 16: Alex and Jo/Grey’s Anatomy

13. AIRED May 15: Jolene/Nashville
14. AIRED May 15: Dante/Nashville
15. AIRED May 20: Michael/Hawaii Five-0
16. AIRED May 20: Jim, Commander Ramsey, etc./Revolution
17. AIRED May 21: Frau Pech/Grimm
18. AIRED May 22: Strauss/Criminal Minds

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR LIST OF GRADUATIONS, RESURRECTIONS & MORE!

GET MORE: Spoilers

1. Jenny says:

Does Rayna and Deacon count? It was the first time we saw them having sex, but definitely wasn’t the first time they had sex.

2. Steve says:

Claire quit the job in the end scene of the episode.
    Lt. Voight returns in Chicago Fire.
    MANY job changes in Chicago Fire (Voight, Tara, guy who harassed Mills… I don’t know his name)

3. Brittney says:

We got kinda an “I love you” from Oliver to Laurel on Arrow. I hope we get more!

4. Joel says:

I hope a pregnancy is that Lainie is pregnant with Espo’s baby in the season finale of Castle.

• Whitney says:

Beckett is the one who is pregnant.

• CD says:

In my opinion since its a police procedural Beckett won’t be pregnant unless Stana Katic becomes pregnant in real life and they have to work it into the show. It just wouldn’t work since the show is based around her being a cop and in terms of television entertainment pregnancy and police work don’t work well together. (I do however realize it happens all the time in the real world)

5. guest says:

It breaks my heart seeing George and Tansy in the break ups list.. they were adorable and it made George unavailable for Zoe!
    They should make Mircea Monroe a regular, Tansy has become so likable!

6. Matt says:

The Office
    1. Andy “fired” himself(see note)*
    2. Dwight promoted to Manager
    3. Jim becomes Assistant to the Regional Manager(I don’t think it will last).

*David nearly fired Andy, but Andy said he would be resigning to go into entertainment, then was persuaded not to. He then stayed on as a salesman, but decided to go into entertainment and he “burned his bridges” and got himself fired to “start anew”.

7. Erin says:

I take it Ann and Chris (P&R) don’t count as a couple reuniting?

• Jane says:

not technically because it happened outside of “may sweeps” dates.
      plus others would argue that while they are trying to make a baby, they’re not officially back together! (yet, I hope!)

8. nealcj says:

Pretty obvious that Dwight and Angela are going to get back together on The Office. She ends the newest episode by saying that she still loves him and it’s obvious that he still has feelings for her.

9. Emmapants says:

Uh, didn’t that Graduation list used to be longer?

10. Whitney says:

Beckett’s bombshell is she is pregnant.

11. justanotherfan says:

I think we can safely say that one of the weddings will be on The Office. Finale pics look like they could be at a wedding. Dwight/Angela, Erin/Peter, Holly/Michael, Kelly/Ryan.

12. Alicia L. says:

They forgot Olivia and Fitz reuniting on Scandal as of yesterday’s episode!

13. gg031 says:

April going to vet school doesn’t qualify as a job change. I’m guessing a second broken engagement- Cici is not getting married, probably reconciling with Schmit (PLEASE)!

14. Julia says:

Shouldn’t Kyle from Smash be listed as one of the fatalities, now that the episode has aired?

15. kristina says:

Shouldn’t Karen saying I love you for the first time to jimmy be on as well from smash??

16. kristina says:

I wonder if Jimmy will tell Karen that he loves her

17. AS says:

Takeda dead – revenge
    Charlotte pregnant – revenge
    Neal possible death – once upon a time
    Never land – possible death – once upon a time
    Neal & Emma saying love you – once upon a time

• Matthew LaRue says:

You mean Neverland is the new realm. Greg’s dad, possibly dead on OUAT. And Revenge, Daniel fired Aiden.

• tsukikomew89 says:

Yeah what about the “I Love You” on Once. This is clearly missing up there….

• lauren says:

IIRC Neal and Emmer already said ILY in “Talahassee.”

• Tsuki says:

It’s still a big point at this time in the show. It’s been 11 years so I think it warrants a nudge. Plus isn’t Kurt Flynn a ‘possible fatality’?

18. Karen says:

Didn’t Rigsby and Van Pelt reunite on The Mentalist

19. Tsuki says:

Where’s the Once details from last night? What about Neal and Emma’s moment or Neal’s future? These are missing…

20. Erin says:

Did Emma and Neal say “I love you” in “Tallahassee”? I don’t remember if they did or not.

21. Vivi says:

Number of engagements/question poppings: At least 4
    1. AIRED April 28: Emily and Daniel/Revenge
    2. AIRED April 29: Booth and Brennan/Bones
    3. AIRED May 2: Will/Emma re-engaged/Glee
    4, [SPOILER] <- This'd be perfect for Caskett <3

22. Jacqi says:

Aiden getting fired on Revenge isnt one of them? The death next week on Revenge is killing me! I cant find any spoilers

23. streetsahead says:

I’m assuming Neal and Tamara broke off their engagement…

24. Sar says:

Does Jamie Reagan’s partner Vic count as one of your deaths?

25. kim says:

what about the death of sean pierce on nikita?

26. MaryAnn says:

You are missing a possible fatality: Baelfire, on Once Upon a Time, May 5.

• Alice says:

There’s still an episode left. I guess we don’t know yet if he’s a possible fatality or an actual fatality.

27. Smigglesby says:

I don’t know if this will get seen amongst all the comments but Luther (played by Luke Goss) died on the finale of Red Widow

• Theresa says:

I feel like they should also remove Ryan Hardy from possible fatality, since every interview after that episode has talked about how Ryan reacts to all this next season

• kirads09 says:

“AND can you please switch Joe Carrol to POSSIBLE FATALITY, there is seriously no way the following killed off its primary antagonist. NO WAY.”

Thank you and I second this.

28. RyG says:

Miles and Nora having sex on Revolution?

29. Kd says:

Ummm does anybody know what happened to the blind item?..i mean has it been revealed or is it not there anymore?

• justanotherfan says:

It has been changed. Apparently instead of a break-up, there could be an engagement.

• Karen says:

you talking about that break up blind item right it has been changed its actaully something that involves 10 letters ist no longer a break up butn nope not been revealed yet

30. Steve says:

Can you add something near the top to let us know when you update so I know instead of scrolling through the page checking?

31. hello says:

Juliette and Nick on Grimm reunited

• jm says:

unfortunately not yet… :S
      they didnt kiss… but they are in their way luckily

• kirads09 says:

Exactly!! Especially since TV Line counted “Nick and Chloe” as a “couple” saying I love you for the first time? Whut? I am praying Chloe was just a “wesen of the week”. Please tell me they are not introducing her as recurring and a new roadblock btwn Nick and Juliette – just as they are on the verge of reuniting. Juliette has fought so hard to regain these memories and wants to make it up to Nick.

32. Karen says:

Maybe I’m remembering it wrong, and he said it earlier. But didn’t Wade tell Zoe he loved her for the first time in the season finale?

33. gandalf15 says:

I think Kensi and Deeks will kiss on the finale episode. I would like that A LOT!

34. aadil says:

Oliver and Laurel Reunite – Arrow
    Walter and Moira Brakup – Arrow
    Thea and Roy Breakup – Arrow I am not sure if they actually broke up but Thea did say if Roy does give up searching for The Hood then she cant be with him
    Yao Fei death – Arrow

35. kristina says:

Couples reuniting: Karen-Jimmy and Derek-Ivy on Smash and with only 3 episodes left I hope it happens soon.

36. Jen says:

Didn’t it seem like Nick and Juliette reunited on Grimm?

37. hello says:

Since Claire on Modern Family quit immediatly she should have an additional entry on the list, plus she decided to take a job with her father last night.

38. Nazgul says:

Ok can somebody tell me about this nr=ew blind item?..whether its still on or not?

39. Steve says:

Hallie on Chicago Fire – Fatality

40. Erin says:

Does anybody at TVLine watch Modern Family? Claire’s job with Thorpe lasted for a day, and last night she took at job with Jay’s company.

41. Beckstle says:

How is the Bones broken engagement NOT listed as a breakup? Forced or not – they’re broken up.

• Joel says:

It is under broken engagements

• Karen says:

cause techically they didnt break up just broke off the enagement thanks to pelant

• Smiley says:

Because they didn’t break up. Booth even asked if they were still ok. They are damaged but you’re not broken up if you are still sleeping in the same bed. Also didn’t two girls get engaged on Glee last night?

On a personal note why Castle would want to marry a woman who can barely say “I love you” to him is beyond me. She has a long way to go before he should marry her IMO.

42. beckstle says:

One of the breakups is gonna be Grey’s.

43. WHY ISNT ESPLANIE IN COUPLES REUNITING????

44. Joel says:

Deacon and Stacey broke up

45. Phoenix says:

I think the one spolier spot left for characters graduating will be for someone on Community.

46. Austin says:

It’s been announced that two fatalities are happening in Nashville, if those are the ones being referred to…

47. Sar says:

FATALITIES: Vinny on “Blue Bloods” aired May 03
    Hallie on “Chicago Fire” aired May 08

48. Leondre says:

@Team TVline

On Modern Family, Claire just took a job with Jay.

49. RobMF says:

To remain “Spoiler Free” there was a death on chicago fire last night why is that not included?

50. CD says:

With having heard Marlowe say that the season finale with be an emotional cliffhanger and will lead to interesting stories to tell for next season, my bet is the last spot on the job offer list is Beckett (which from the promo is a pretty certain thing). And I kind of think (though its more likely wishful thinking) that Castle will pop the question to Beckett and that will be the emotional cliffhanger Marlowe spoke of.

• Lauren says:

I have similar suspicions about the job offer, and similar hopes about a proposal. However, did I just read in a recap of the Glee finale that a couple on that show got engaged? I think that could take the last proposal/engagement spot on the sweeps scorecard… ;-( In which case, Caskett could be headed for a break-up, because there are two spots for that category still left open. So unhappy right now…

• CD says:

Thank goodness I watch Glee and either you misunderstood the recap (not trying to sound mean) or the recap was wrong because it was only alluded to that there would be a proposal with the closing shot being a guy holding the ring box behind his back. So hopefully Caskett will take that spot. And a couple broke up on Glee as well so hopefully that cuts Casketts chances of being in that category. I can’t even think about it beyond that point because it hurts my shipper heart to even entertain the notion :(

• Karen says:

so it looks like at the moment it might be glee is taking a spot and the last one maybe greys perhaps

• CD says:

That’s what I had hoped but now I’m getting more worried because they added Glee but they also added another spot to the list… But every time I think about Caskett breaking up I remember there’s also spots on the reuniting list so I just then tell myself well if they break-up they’ll then reunite! (yes I am eternally hopeful and optimistic about this until i see the episode…)

• Lauren says:

Thanks for the clarification, CD. I don’t watch Glee, so when I read recaps, it’s only to try to figure out how shows that I don’t watch will impact shows that I do watch. I thought I read in the Glee recap that a lesbian couple (something about “Breadstix”?) got engaged, but I have *no* idea if that is accurate. I, too, am worried that my poor ‘shipper heart will be broken by the end of Castle’s season finale on Monday. I am *so* very much hoping that that will not be the case!

• CD says:

Oooh I’d forgotten about that. It was a random couple that just showed up in this episode, they’re not series regulars or recurring on the show.